Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thought id share my Baruuk builds

Raskol

Felt in love with that frame the first moment it was introduced and that made me invest 6 forma into him 😄

Made few great builds for him and though id share casue i heared some voices that hes bad/weak lol

baruuk.jpg

Casual 

Thats a build i run in regural everyday missions. It focuses on Elude so 220% range required + a lot of efficiency and primed flow. Didint want to break his other skill tho so i put little bit of duration (mainly for the channling efficiency bu also for Lull) and strength with transient and arcane fury. Even with not so much strength his 4 is able to wreck enemies up to lvl 60 (even Bombards and Heavy Gunners)

PS. The cap is at 200%... was sure its 220, but thats even better, simply use r3 overextended for 205% range to cap it

Uber tank

Pure defensive build for his Desolate Hands, Minimum range with narrow so the daggers wont fly away too much, other than that whole lots of strength and some efficiency. 27 charges where only 9 give 90% dmg reduction cap - even if some enemy comes too close and dagger targets it i still got that cap (this can happen up to 18x so it gives a lot of time to notice missing charges and recast the skill). Arcane grace + guardian for even more tankiness 😄

PS. May be wise to replace umbral mods with vitality and adaptation (bit less hp, 23 daggers + benefit of adaptation) but i only thought of that just now

Make war not love

Its all about Serene Storm. Gave him as much strength as i could without breaking his Elude too much, after all you have to charge his restrain somehow. 220 205% range for 360° dmg mitigation + streamline and primed flow to keep it up somehow. Need to play with it some more but it may be better if i replace one of arcane fury for energize. Lvl 100 enemies? Lol not a problem. It only struggles with heavy armored units (takes a few hits to kill but totally possible) all the "fodder" units getting 1shot. Tested also on lvl 160: Heavy unist - guess its possible to kill but before that happens u gonna be long dead XD, "fodder" - 2-3 hits so not bad

Desert Wind setup is the same for all the builds - full on crit and damage, shame its not CO viable

hand.jpg

Last but not least, my fashion 😄

fas.jpg

Wanted him to look like Shaolin monk cause it fits him so well, think i did good here

Edited by Raskolnikow
  • Like 5

Baruuk is a great frame. I had lots of fun when i go with him on sorties. I have a little fun build different from the others, but i like it and is solid so far.

Meet Mecha Baruuk and his trusty Kubrow Companion

unknown.png

unknown.png

The way it works, is obviously with a high slash, high status weapon. My choice was obvious, the Tigris Prime, but you can also use something like the Tiberon Prime.

Its a well balanced build with more focus on Elude and Lull. On its own Baruuk can hold his ground pretty good, but when that sweet Mecha mod set procs, and you see the marked enemy, one single shot from the Tigris Prime to the marked enemy, and everything around the marked enemy will simply die.

Kubrow is also pretty beefy and strong! When Kubrow is in danger, just Serene Storm, and thanx to pack leader, your kubrow is good as new.

Not the most efficient build, but is solid and can go on sorties.

• Like 1

I saw on a video by triburos that it's actually possibly viable to throw on condition overload on baruuk, even though his status chance is only 10%

First of all because all fodder troops die in 1-2 shots anyway

Second of all because only the heavy troops require more shots than that, so they're more likely to proc at least a few status effects for CO.

I also saw that the slide attack on baruuk, if you hit heavies with your baruuks hands and feet during the slide attack it's basically like a valkyr hysteria slide attack, way more damage per hit and like 5 hits in a split second.

• Like 1

On 2018-12-30 at 6:47 AM, TheBestNapkin said:

Baruuk is a great frame. I had lots of fun when i go with him on sorties. I have a little fun build different from the others, but i like it and is solid so far.

Meet Mecha Baruuk and his trusty Kubrow Companion

unknown.png

unknown.png

The way it works, is obviously with a high slash, high status weapon. My choice was obvious, the Tigris Prime, but you can also use something like the Tiberon Prime.

Its a well balanced build with more focus on Elude and Lull. On its own Baruuk can hold his ground pretty good, but when that sweet Mecha mod set procs, and you see the marked enemy, one single shot from the Tigris Prime to the marked enemy, and everything around the marked enemy will simply die.

Kubrow is also pretty beefy and strong! When Kubrow is in danger, just Serene Storm, and thanx to pack leader, your kubrow is good as new.

Not the most efficient build, but is solid and can go on sorties.

I was planning on doing something similar when I was done farming the Mecha mods, but using a slightly leveled Overextended combined with regular Stretch instead of Augur Reach, just having over 205% reach. Since you only need 200% for that full Elude protection. I had played around with the whole though behind the mechanics with Mecha and the way how Baruuk attacks. You Elude, don't take damage, wait for the Kubrow Mark then beeline to it with your Tigris (I already use it with him, it just feels right to use it on him) and get those 2 shots in to affect everyone. I'm definitely going to have to get stuff together to do this.

On 2019-01-01 at 9:42 AM, Raskolnikow said:

Yup, thats why its so good

Only things that can affect Baruuk while its on is splash dmg and knockdowns

This is probably the reason I won't invest a lot in him out side of off meta days. Like other frames who fit in the same role ether have 1. Much more tankiness 2. can stop both knock downs and splash 3. Provide something else besides the power to not die.

I think you may wish to consider your serene build to completely ditch elude.  While you are in in your 4, you have massive DR including your #3.   If you can cast your 2 every few seconds, the mobs targets are "awake again" in under 2 seconds and thus you can keep your restraint low.  I did a 8-relic MOT and never left serene unless I found a nuli-bubble.   Funny part is I was top kills/DPS beating out 2 mesa's (they were on my heals though).

Another thing you might not be considering is the "spin attack" on his 4.  It helps chew through the 150-160 gunners.  After that...it does run out of steam.  If baruuk even had a "modest way" of mitigating enemy armor he would be just nuts.

I really do like how you actually used some down rank mods to try and optimize.  Very cool.

Edited by Chappie1975

4 hours ago, stormy505 said:

This is probably the reason I won't invest a lot in him out side of off meta days. Like other frames who fit in the same role ether have 1. Much more tankiness 2. can stop both knock downs and splash 3. Provide something else besides the power to not die.

Let me tell u my todays sortie

Felt like doing public so i did, met frost, mesa and saryn, i was baruuk ofc

Guess who did most dmg

Was 1 hitting everything with my 4 (except ospreys since the armor, 2-3 hits tho) while not taking any dmg by simply avoiding mines or other sources of splash dmg

Oh, and it was my 1st build so theoretically the weakest

2 hours ago, Raskolnikow said:

Let me tell u my todays sortie

Felt like doing public so i did, met frost, mesa and saryn, i was baruuk ofc

Guess who did most dmg

Was 1 hitting everything with my 4 (except ospreys since the armor, 2-3 hits tho) while not taking any dmg by simply avoiding mines or other sources of splash dmg

Oh, and it was my 1st build so theoretically the weakest

1. Frost if it's built for max range and max effecency will cuck a saryn because frozen enemies don't get status procs iirc. 2. Both the Mesa and saryn were semi afk or had Garbo builds because baruuk CAN'T out DPS them. 3. This was a rescue mission or something like it where everyone rushed the objective except you. 4. This situation never happened and you're talking out of your ass.

8 hours ago, stormy505 said:

CAN'T out DPS them

Haha, a comedian huh?

It was mobile def, so there was some time to kill

Maybe they werent the best players in the world but i saw them trying to kill

Explenation is simple: Saryn needs some time to build up spore dmg and spread it and mesa needs to see enemeis while with barukk i could 1shot them through obstacles

Edited by Raskolnikow