Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Credits Machine Broke

Voltage

28 minutes ago, Kcnkcn said:

In the app, he has access to the foundry which can be used to get rid of some credits. Since the app has a positive number, there shouldn’t be anything preventing him from building items in foundry to use as a credit sink.

I took the easier route of contacting support. I am waiting on that, but I don't want to expel tons of resources just to get back to a functional value. Especially given that doing Sorties/Orbs will make it much harder to keep up with in terms of crafting.

Edited by Voltage

Why not see what happens if you get that amount of plat? If it rolls into the Negatives will DE ban you and ask you to buy plat packs to bring it to positive?

Jokes aside, the reason for this is because DE has not got rid of all the 32 bit infrastructure in the base game. They are supposedly going to finally complete the total transition to 64 bit this year so hopefully it won't happen again for a long time. People like you are probably why they finally decided to discard the 32 bit ... other than of course forcing the transition to 64 bit OS.

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, mikakor said:

i'm wondering, does someone knows how hard it would be to code an hard limit to the credits you can get? DE set the limit credits to 2,000,000,000, and that's it, they can't go into the negative anymore...

Actually, the data storage for credits is in 64-bit integers, because the mobile app shows credits over the 32-bit integer cap. A theory that my friend told me (which is quite logical) is that the storage of data is optimized through the game client and thus goes negative for the client only. However, my true credits value is stored and I can see it through the mobile app because the mobile app does not update as often as the game (every single mission requires data updates for your account information).

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Feltal said:

But you don't know that. Could be unsigned 32 bit since there's no need for negative credit values.

It could, but storing data with unsigned 32-bit integers is not really practical. I am not saying you are wrong, but the ideal assumption is that DE uses 64-bit integers to store player inventory data.

I also fixed it if you read the OP after my edit. You can read up on my bug report here:

So the other day I went over the 32-bit integer limit for Credits. Credits are viewed by the game client as a signed 32-bit integer. This means when the value exceeded 2,147,483,647 Credits, this happened:
279dd9f2b33d3126d7975a7ffff13838.png

Now, I thought to myself: "I should contact support, I think I broke an inventory number". However, upon further investigation, it seems the Warframe mobile app shows the true value stored in the database (I am assuming a 64-bit integer). I saw this:
image0.png

As you can see, my Credits are shown as a positive integer exceeding the 32-bit integer limit. That got me thinking: What if I spend Credits on my iPhone so that when converted (from presumably a 64-bit integer) to a 32-bit integer, it will be shown as a positive value on my PC? After spending approximately 300,000 Credits through the Mobile app's foundry, I brought my Credits back down to a positive 32-bit integer value:
unknown.png

I am well aware how much work this is to affect such a minority of people. However, if changes/fixes are made to how items (Credits specifically) are optimized from the database before they reach the game client, there would be no way a player could hit (if I assume 64-bit integers are used in the database) 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 of any item in the game.

I bring this to light because I am not the first player to hit this (Kinjeto also hit this value and did an analysis on July 7th, 2017), and it is quite annoying to have to burn Credits that I would rather not just because of a database issue. Thank you for reading this and I hope it can be fixed soon! It has been over a year and nothing has changed to resolve this.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Voltage