The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE can we have the Ninja sword now?

RuFi0

For 5 years I have wished, hoped, begged, upvoted, bumped topics, prayed, everything; I've done everything I can to get DE to consider adding the most iconic weapon associated with the Ninja in pop culture. It's NOT the Katana (although I literally screeched with joy when they finally added it with The Sword Alone update) which is more of a Samurai weapon - it's The Ninjato. I've even started researching how to learn Tennogen in order to see if I could make it myself. I'm not interested in 3D modelling at all, but if that's what I have to do in order to get the ball rolling on this, I will make the sacrifice in order to finally get it.

How can these viking swords get added to the game: ?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

Before something like this: c2cce5a0b7f80cc45cfa21798d4ae548.jpg

How can this get added to the game:350?cb=20170112011356

But not this:UT8JUaMXlJcXXagOFbXJ.jpg

What can I do, DE? Where can I go? Who do I need to talk to? Please let me buy them. Please. I've wanted these things since day 1. Could someone at least respond and say that the idea is floating around for Melee 3.0? We got the Nikana for The Sword Alone, please give us the Ninjato for 3.0. Ninjato and the Chinese Wushu pictured above - I'd skip rent to buy these. I'm serious. Please. Please?

Edited by RuFi0
Changed the tone of the title to be easier-going
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RuFi0 said:

How can these viking swords get added to the game:

That's a Tennogen Syandana, not made by DE. Feel free to make one yourself or commision someone else to make something like that and get it approved.

• Like 8

Hmm. Won't like I'd love some those swords too.

Who knows maybe DE is waiting for a new Ninja, Shadow, or Stealth Frame to release some futuristic version of these blades.

Until then as others have said...

You're better off Commissioning Tennogen. Hell I'd pay handsomely for some Energy/Cyberpunk variant of them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

That's a Tennogen Syandana, not made by DE. Feel free to make one yourself or commision someone else to make something like that and get it approved.

That still doesn't answer his question. Not only DE could still make a syandana like that, they have yet to make it as a weapon.

7 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

That still doesn't answer his question. Not only DE could still make a syandana like that, they have yet to make it as a weapon.

Given it's a cosmetic, they aren't really in the game to use, just look at. Generally people making these threads actually want to use the weapons they are talking about, not stare at 3D renders of them on their back.

The art style is outside of DE's usual look for any of the factions. There are tons of dual swords. This is, at best, a holster style for them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Thanks, I wanted to bring this up but I'm terrified of these forums, I feel like I'm gonna get attacked for something any second lol. Usually when I bring up this point someone pulls up the Cronus, Skana, or something similar and says "we DO have a tenno version of these." But there isn't anything like the Ninjato at all.

In fact I noticed that DE doesn't do straight blades at all. In fact, straight lines are something they don't really like including in the Tenno artstyle, it's all very curved and ornamental. The ONLY one-handed sword we have that is a straight blade is the Dark sword, and again, that's more of a gladiator/roman style sword.

We don't have any straight blades without guards, or any longswords resembling a Ninjato. I used to think it was because it was simply too plain and didn't fit the artstyle, but when they came out with the original Nikana, I knew that something like this is possible and not against the art style at all.

Edit addressing the quote below: Please don't misunderstand, I don't care if it's a skin or an actual weapon, I just want it in the game.

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Given it's a cosmetic, they aren't really in the game to use, just look at. Generally people making these threads actually want to use the weapons they are talking about, not stare at 3D renders of them on their back.

The art style is outside of DE's usual look for any of the factions. There are tons of dual swords. This is, at best, a holster style for them.

Edited by RuFi0
  • Like 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninjatō

"Historically, there is no physical evidence for the existence of this "katana-like short sword legendarily used by ninja" before the 20th century,[13] though it is believed that the designs demonstrated by alleged replicas are based on the design of the wakizashi or chokutō swords or the swords associated with ashigaru.[1]"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninjatō

"Historically, there is no physical evidence for the existence of this "katana-like short sword legendarily used by ninja" before the 20th century,[13] though it is believed that the designs demonstrated by alleged replicas are based on the design of the wakizashi or chokutō swords or the swords associated with ashigaru.[1]"

Buddy I've been asking for this for 5 years and my careful wording is because of replies like yours: "the most iconic weapon known to the ninja in pop culture." Everyone knows ninjas rock these swords, and whether or not they were actually used in real life is NULL AND VOID SINCE WE ARE SPACE NINJAS.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RuFi0 said:

Buddy I've been asking for this for 5 years and my careful wording is because of replies like yours: "the most iconic weapon known to the ninja in pop culture." Everyone knows ninjas rock these swords, and whether or not they were actually used in real life is NULL AND VOID SINCE WE ARE SPACE NINJAS.

Why not just ask a tennogen artist to make a skin or partner with an artist to get one made?

I highly doubt DE would fight the nomination if it gets voted up by the players.

Bundle it with a matching syndana and it'd likely be a cash cow.

...Everyone loves cash cows

Skana can basically be thought of as the Tenno equivalent of a Ninjato: sure, it's not the same shape, but it's a one-handed Sword used by ninjas so the description still applies. I think we'd be more likely to get a Ninjato Skin than an actual weapon, but at this point I'm kinda bored with longsword skins, we got loads of them already and Longswords aren't really even that popular compared to polearms, Tonfas, etc. I'd be happy to have one, were it not for all the other (IMO better looking) Sword Skins out there.

and anyway,  *nerdy weeb voice* everyone knows that katanas are way cooler! ugh, I bet you don't even read the Manga and watch the Dub. *sniff*

22 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

We don't even have a Tenno Kusari-Kama, what makes you think we'll get a fake ninja weapon if we can't even get a real ninja weapon?

Because it's the most iconic weapon known to the ninja in pop culture and that means it will sell.

In fact, to all the *UM, ACKSHYULLIEEEYYY* sword guys here to derail my thread (EDIT not you, Loza): think about what you're saying to me real quick: "The Ninjato wasn't actually used by Ninjas in real life. It's a weapon that was made popular from movies and video games. Because of this reason, I don't want it to be in the video game about space ninjas because that isn't historically accurate."

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH HERE?!

thank you for telling me that the NInjato was not used in real life. It appears that you have confirmed my original statement that the weapon is mostly a made-up weapon popularized by pop culture and that you mostly see them used in movies and video games. Now that you're done agreeing with me in a dismissive way, can we get back to the part where I ask for the pop culture weapon associated with the ninja be added to the space ninja game? Because I'd totally be down for that.

Think about it, DE, eh? Thinkaboutit.

Edited by RuFi0
Not you, Loza
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

*cough* Jat Kusar *cough*

46 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

We don't even have a Tenno Kusari-Kama

Seriously, outside of the fact it was a fan creation, what lore reason do the Grineer have for having a Ninja weapon? It's a disarming tool first, a killing weapon second. Not really the Grineer's style. 

• Like 2

il y a 42 minutes, RuFi0 a dit :

I ask for the pop culture weapon associated with the ninja be added to the space ninja game

And what you show is a pair of jian, a chinese kung fu weapon, also found in vietnamese systems (called kiem in viet), that has strictly nothing to do with ninjutsu, and was never used by any ninja, be it historically or in any fiction ... So it's also a fail regarding the "pop culture" part ...

I mean, if you want to add iconography to your post, try to make it right at least.

Edited by Capitaine_Courage

1 minute ago, Capitaine_Courage said:

And what you show is a jian, a chinese kung fu weapon, also found in vietnamese systems (called kiem), that has strictly nothing to do with ninjutsu, and was never used by any ninja, be it historically or in fiction ...

How can I get you to understand that you are the bad person in this thread and you're just being argumentative? Unless you can tell me why you do or don't want something like the Ninjato in the game of Warframe, stop responding and bringing up stuff like this. It doesn't add anything to the discussion, you're just trying to win something tonight and I'm not going to entertain your Ackshullyness. Again, for you and anyone like you that has a hard time understanding the point of this thread, let me make you a very simple version of it:

Hi, I'm Rufi0, I want the Ninjato in the game of Warframe. Do you want the Ninjato in the game of warframe? Why, or why not? Please explain. Thanks for your time!

Then show a freaking ninja to. Is that hard to type "ninja to" in google images ?

And you say your want it since 5 years ?.... Are you sure you really know what you want at least ?

Basically, what you say is something along these lines

" Hey Guys ! I want a missile launcher in Warframe ! You  know, something like this !

raquette-tennis-blog-accueil.jpeg"

Edited by Capitaine_Courage
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capitaine_Courage said:

Then show a freaking ninja to.

And you say your want it til 5 years ?

Basically, what you say is something along these lines

" Hey Guys ! I want a missile lmauncher in Warframe, youknow, something like this !

Why are you making this about the pictures?! Do you have the reading comprehension of a child? Do you need to rely on pictures for me to drive my point home? Because if it helps I will totally include you in this thread. Let me turn on the accessibility really quick. "Ordis, please translate my thread in pictures to this very special tenno who didn't come out of the void quite right"

qxnbeg.jpg

I would love to have Dual Ninjatos.

I saw one similar to this as a Expo here in Texas.

leonardo1_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1462412002

Truly beautiful. I admit...I'm partial to the Stylized blade Leonardo from TMNT used in the animations:

71jNFVkWKmL._SX425_.jpg

Leonardo-2003-cartoon.jpg?ssl=1

I like the cut edge. Although my first photo is an authentic ninjato. But WF is obviously fantasy, I mean hell, 1 sword in the game is a spiny piece of meat, another is a rod with cables coiled around.

No harm in suggesting a weapon. I seriously am surprised by the hostility in this thread.

But OP, be cautious not to entice the hostility, you'll only end up creating more. If folks start to derail things just let a Mod know.

Not to derail but just to toss it in. I want more weapons that are both cool but also some for laughs.

Blades of Chaos as some have mentioned, a literal Wooden Bo Staff, Wands, and...

One of my all time favorite weapons in any game was Phantasy Star Online's Akiko's Frying Pan!

akikos3.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
  • Like 1