Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the best Archwing Gun for Fortuna Fights + How to Build ?

(PSN)Midcall

Hello PC Players,

since u are already having update for forung a bit i would like to ask you, which archwing gun is in your opinion the best/strongest for  those fortuna boss figts ? And since i ve almost no really clue which mods make sense on those guns, which mods would u put on that gun.

thank you very much.

Not sure about the modding of all of them, but I've heard that the Corvas and the Velocitus are great for the fight, due to high burst damage.

Alternatively, Imperator Vandal and Grattler are not-terrible picks and can serve decently outside the Profit-taker since they're automatic weapons, which means if you use a burst-damage primary you can have an automatic option on the go if you need wider-ranging damage.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Corvas/t_30_20002002_430-2-5-431-4-5-432-1-5-433-5-3-436-6-3-437-3-5-438-0-5-939-7-5_438-6-432-9-430-9-437-9-431-6-433-7-436-7-939-6/en/2-0-58/204987/

Try this.

Aside Corvas... I use that build on Fluctus... and most of the time I can do more dmg than any Chroma player... I prefer Inaros for that job.

Edited by THeMooN85

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Midcall said:

so its not like with eidolons that u have to use lanka if you want best performance ? i could imagine that imp. vandal is more forgiving then velocitus, because i remember velositus was more like a sniper gun and imp. vandal more an automatic rifle?

Imperator Vandal is very Dakka. It's the ol'Painless of the Arch-Guns.

My friend and I do runs on the Profit-Taker, he's primarily the one shooting the Orb while I support and deal with the adds. He's had a lot of success with both the Velocitus and the Grattler. I haven't asked him, but it seems like he prefers the Grattler simply due to it being more forgiving, he did mention modding it for faster reload.

In general though, the key is spec'ing for Radiation and Crit.

velocitus is actually rather annoying for the fight because of it being a poor weapon paradigm for having such unreliable crit chance. Nearly half of your shots will do next to nothing, unless you have some other crit buff on. Supposedly the new rare crit-while-aiming mod doesn't actually work properly on the charged shots, either, even if you have it. I assume because the knockback on firing kicks you out of aimed mode? it's really amusing to me that they were so worried about it that it's the only arch-gun they actually NERFED for the ground version, but it's unreliable and just seems to get outperformed by everything else for the fight.

It seems like just about every archgun works fine though, really. I've seen imp vandal tearing through the entire phase in seconds, grattler seems to do it too (but messier), I've seen people say the corvas also can just one shot legs. Not really sure about fluctus, but I've heard people claim you can hit multiple legs at once with it and still take them out rather fast.

pretty much every atmosphere archgun is a crit weapon so they all "work".

Edited by OvisCaedo

Hi th radiation damage for actually killing the legs. At least one other element for shield coverage

I prefer the Imp Vandal because it has balanced physical stats (i.e. can damage the shield most of the time instead of only just some of the time), but other people might find it under-optimized

vor 6 Stunden schrieb OmegaZero633:

I’ve had great success with Imperator Vandal. It can destroy limbs in seconds, modded for crits and radiation damage. I’ve heard Corvus, Velocitus and Fluctus are good choices as well, but have not tried them.

+1

Dito. Just stuff anything in you can. Big mag, great ammo count, suffices for the whole fight. Never felt the need to test any other Archwing Gun.

Tried Velocitus but its not as fast imo and 1 dimensional imo. Imperator Vandal needs less aim, can be used on mobs, has IPS so after its shields back up you can maybe get a quick shield phase using the Imperator before switching back to your main weapon. Its alot more flexible imo compared to the Velocitus.