Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blank Polarity for Aura Slot

cheliel

29 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

There's almost no upside to this suggestion, and quite a lot of downside.  

Better to ask for a multi-polarity system, even if it's just for the aura slot.

Better yet why not just one V polarity for all mods instead, we already have to spend forma on half of the modding slots and level the S#&$ out of our weapons/warframes like 3-5 times, why not make it so we can enjoy our new weapon/warframe with any build we want?

The game already offers you a customization possibility. The current state of aura polarity does not reduce customization possibilities and your suggestion won't increase it. What you demand is just personal convenience for yourself.

Or just give every frame a Naramon aura polarity coz seriously who will use anything other than CP if they have a choice? Vazarin auras are pathetic. A 60% boost in melee damage ain't exactly competitive compared to -30% armor aura with infinite range too. Even if you don't use CP you still have Sprint Boost, Energy Siphon and radars.

7 hours ago, cheliel said:

Don’t show off limitations when this game offers so much customizations  

There’s sprint aura for farming or maxing out sprint speed, sniper aura for hunting or to pair with the headshot mod, rejuvenation aura for support and sustain, steel charge for...

The tragedy is missing out on great synergy opportunities because you prefer only a few auras, or won’t forma for it 

Except those synergy opportunities are genuinely less effective the vast majority of the time to running Growing Power or Corrosive Projection, regardless of what you are doing. In fact, the only build I can think of where that isn't true is a maxed loot radar wisp farmer. Sprint speed is immaterial for farming, if you are sprinting you aren't moving correctly. Sniper aura will be a less significant damage boost than corrosive projection against pretty much any content where you might want it, same goes for steel charge. Rejuvenation is bad and weak support, and at any level of content where true support is needed, it won't help you. As has already been mentioned you lose out on 7 capacity points for an optimized build by not having a suitable polarity on the aura slot, while only missing out on 2 points if you use a different aura in a non-matching slot. If those 2 points matter enough to you, polarize the slot. There's no reason to make all of them blank by default, no matter how much you might personally prefer it.

This thread is pretty amusing with all the nonsense propagated here.

Rejuvenation is good? Lol. There are two useful auras in the game at best.

Blank aura polarities are best? If you wanna lose out on points and limit your capacity, then yes.

Oberon has a V-polarity because of Growing Power? That mod wasn't even around when he first got released. Like, years away from being implemented

17 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Topic makes me think he's a troll

They aren't, sadly.

17 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

playtime makes me think he's just a noob that truly believes his ideas and builds are good.

This is their Pc account.

They posted similar nonsense under their old account @(PS4)Chel-El.

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm like, 87.4% sure they're female.

Don't ask me for my workings, I didn't show them in my Maths GCSE and I'm sure as hell not going to show them now. :tongue:

He/she/it, personally I don't care and unless the name makes it obvious I'll default any gamer as a he until proven otherwise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cheliel said:

Keep this topic going then, we need to spread the word on open ended aura possibilities 

"Spread the word". Cringe.

Why is it a problem if people only like 1 or 2 auras? It's not, just as it's really not a problem that you want to use all the auras.

What is actually a problem however is spreading misinformation, like saying a blank aura slot is beneficial for aura variety despite it factually providing virtually no benefit and plenty of negatives.

1 minute ago, cheliel said:

no means no 

You haven't said no, and you're unable to prove anything I've said is wrong.

"No" does not make a convincing argument, hard facts do, and you have no facts that back up a blank aura slot being a valid build option.

My god.... either a bad troll or a bad player.

An optimized or Umbral build will require a polarity every time.

I've yet to see an "experienced builder" use Rejuvenation, much less with Coaction Drift, don't know why.

The day I need Rejuvenation on Gara to keep myself alive in anything above lv 50...

You say "right now some builds are limited by preset polarities", all I can say is you can't build a frame.

You want variety? I don't find any by switching the aura of the frame I use, for that I've got 18 different load outs with a different frame in each.

...and exactly 6 Auras among all those...

3 hours ago, cheliel said:

Some do think there’s only 2 viable auras? 

Keep this topic going then, we need to spread the word on open ended aura possibilities 

It's another cheliel post.

I want an honest response from you chel, do you understand what coaction drift does? Do you acknowledge that adding it's effect to the rejuvenation aura mod adds 0.45hps to the effect, netting you an hp regen aura total of 3.45hps? Do you both understand that, and can you confirm that you believe this is a combination that justifies using both rejuvenation and coaction drift?

Edited by Sovereign991
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sovereign991 said:

Do you acknowledge that adding it's effect to the rejuvenation aura mod adds 0.45hps to the effect, netting you an up Regan aura total of 3.45hps

Should be ~4hp/s. 

It increases your aura effectiveness by 15%, and increases aura effectiveness on you by 15% (including your own).

Still not worth ofc, just clarifying.

Edited by DeMonkey

25 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Should be ~4hp/s. 

It increases your aura effectiveness by 15%, and increases aura effectiveness on you by 15% (including your own).

Still not worth ofc, just clarifying.

You know, it's been so long since I've looked at coaction,  I had forgotten about the 2nd 15%. It's that bad lol. You really think this person isn't a troll monkey? 

1 minute ago, Sovereign991 said:

You really think this person isn't a troll monkey? 

Sadly yes... 

Always a chance I'm wrong, but based on seeing them in general conversations and all their previous posts I'm led to believe this is genuinely what they think.

Perhaps not exactly that they think Rejuv + Coaction is good, but that they're somehow special for playing the game somewhat differently, or finding a combo that works for them that nobody else ever uses.

I'd like to think they're trolling ofc, that's certainly the easy option, I'm just not confident it's the correct one.

On 2019-01-13 at 12:32 AM, cheliel said:

Not only does it allow for Rejuvenation + Coaction drift combo, a blank aura allows for any/all other possibilities! 

The Rejuvenation alone is already worth the forma, also using other unique auras like sniper and sprint. 

This is why a forma to blank aura is a must, it is the best polarity in terms of variety. I’d even suggest to DE to just let it be the standard aura for all frames 

rejuvenation is bad and even worse than Medi Ray

16 minutes ago, cheliel said:

Perhaps it’s good to remind that the hp heal of rejuvenation + coaction applies to all 4 members

Just look how fast they all heal! 

Wow. ~14.35 hp/s across the team.

A minimum strength Oberon will provide more than that per player and I certainly wouldn't consider that fast.

Yes, Power Donation and Overextended for a mere 10% power strength will provide more healing at 4 hp/s per player, unlike your combo which will do ~4 for you and 3.45 for everyone else.

Just stop Chel...

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 1