Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blank Polarity for Aura Slot

cheliel

Not only does it allow for Rejuvenation + Coaction drift combo, a blank aura allows for any/all other possibilities! 

The Rejuvenation alone is already worth the forma, also using other unique auras like sniper and sprint. 

This is why a forma to blank aura is a must, it is the best polarity in terms of variety. I’d even suggest to DE to just let it be the standard aura for all frames 

Edited by cheliel

Right now a Gara or Trinity is most probably equipping Rejuvenation aura to boosts their survivability even more. But they are the last ones to need it!

I’d go and say every frame could use the adaptability of being able to equip Rejuvenation.

So why not make blank aura the standard for all frames? 

For both new and experienced builders, this makes possibilities wider, right away, without the need to lose space or to forma.

Having everyone capable of using all auras is a creative boost for players. That’s why I ask to reset all auras to blank- to let all the warframes’ potential be unlocked

23 minutes ago, cheliel said:

Not only does it allow for Rejuvenation + Coaction drift combo, a blank aura allows for any/all other possibilities! 

The Rejuvenation alone is already worth the forma, also using other unique auras like sniper and sprint. 

This is why a forma to blank aura is a must, it is the best polarity in terms of variety. I’d even suggest to DE to just let it be the standard aura for all frames 

It allows for the "jack of all trades, master of none" sort of playstyle. This is fine, but if you really want to optimize a specific frame (such as Inaros utilizing Umbral mods), you will need the extra capacity offered by doubling the aura.

10 minutes ago, cheliel said:

For both new and experienced builders, this makes possibilities wider, right away, without the need to lose space or to forma.

No, experienced builders want to have a polarity on the aura slot.
So as long as the slot's polarity ISN'T matching what you are going for, you will always have to use a forma.
A blank spot will do nothing for anyone. More so it will be worse, because you can't use an aura for 14 points right away.

If you want a blank aura slot on your frames, then go for it and use a forma. Don't force something as bad as that on everybody. Thank you.

19 minutes ago, cheliel said:

why not make blank aura the standard for all frames?

Because then all that'll happen is you're forced to Forma that slot anyway for a maxed out build,
when as it is currently, you have a chance that your Aura is already the Polarity you'll ultimately use.

Mind you, what I'd like to see, would be for the Aura slot to never have a Polarity, neither innate nor Forma-able,
and all Auras should give a standardized ... let's say 15 Capacity (at the max Rank of 5).

Not least, that'd make your ultimate Capacity 75, which just looks so much neater than that 74 or 78 we have currently, urgh 😛

Edited by NinjaZeku

26 minutes ago, (XB1)AlingsasArrende said:

Well, you lose out on 7 capacity, so that's the downside.

Rejuvenation heals very little and is useful only in the very beginning of the game, I would say.

How about Rejuvenation plus Coaction plus Vitality 

22 minutes ago, SyBuhr said:

It allows for the "jack of all trades, master of none" sort of playstyle. This is fine, but if you really want to optimize a specific frame (such as Inaros utilizing Umbral mods), you will need the extra capacity offered by doubling the aura.

Yes that’s the idea 

A jack of all trade because right now some builds are limited by preset polarities,or some auras are just not being used because of those preset polarities 

Edited by cheliel

1 minute ago, cheliel said:

How about Rejuvenation plus Coaction plus Vitality 

Yes that’s the idea 

A jack of all trade because right now some builds are limited by preset polarities

If you think the frame is limited by its aura polarity, forma it live everyone else. 

No need to keep making the same post saying it should be unpolorized. The idea is bad, and you should let it go.

Well here's the thing. It's the same reason that DE still release Rifles and Secondaries with the D polarity on them, despite there only being around three mods with D polarity worth using outside of Rivens for rifles and secondaries.

They release them with a polarity to purposefully make you consider the Forma, and to purposefully give you reduced options at the start, like Banshee having a V is not exactly ideal for a caster... until you get the hang of melee Banshee, which is absolutely amazing for farming Affinity for Focus. Or, if they're feeling generous, they can give a frame a particular polarity at the start because of that frame's great synergy with one type of play style that they like as well. For example, giving Oberon a V polarity as they did was great, because that means he can pick up Growing Power which synergises amazingly with his kit. Or Valkyr with a V to pick up Steel Charge.

Not to mention there are Arcanes for warframes that not only heal us if we take damage, with Arcane Grace, but also have Arcane Pulse to heal allies as we pick up health.

The funny thing is that what you call 'wider possibilities' is also considered here, because have you ever thought that with the available methods to heal up, especially once you get past The War Within and unlock all those lovely new systems, such as Magus Arcanes, that no frame actually ever needs Rejuvenation again? Or even better, never needs Energy Siphon again? And so the wider range of Auras for your specific builds can be explored, such as running a Rifle Amp or Dead Eye Zephyr, so that her weapon damage gets boosted, or a Mecha Empowered Khora with a Kubrow to make beautiful Status Explosions with the marking function? How about a Power Donation Loki, because he doesn't need the extra Strength (ever, seriously, ever) or use that for a Speed Nova and you can buff all your allies without needing to change the entire rest of your build?

There is a reason why nearly no frames have an un-polarised Aura, and it's specifically to make us consider whether to Forma the Aura slot or not. It's deliberately adding potential grind. But it's also the fact of the matter that we do unlock things that make simple Rejuvenation a completely useless mod and there's no need to have a Blank aura once we have those options available.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

What is your obsession with those mods?  I'm starting to seriously get concerned for your well being.

It’s more than those mods they were only used as an example 

This topic asks for a blank aura for frames to widen possibilities in building, and to make use of other auras that were prolly left out before because of their unpopular polarity. 

Edited by cheliel
  • Like 2

Every polarity on a frame is useful and worth to have more. If you remove it and let it blank then you need to use more forma on a frame-item so it is more time and effort. I like partially the idea but in order they could add a polarity to the frame and keep the aura slot free. 

Forma created to suit the frame-item to your desire so if you have an aura what you don't like then change it. Certain frames use certain auras as basic which is their playstyle somehow but you can change it as much you want. You can let it free also but then you lose the double mod cap which is handful on frames because less forma needed.

18 hours ago, Lancifolis said:

Why don't you forma your Aura into D polarity if all you use is Rejuvenation + Coaction + (Umbral) Vitality + Gladiator Resolve + (Primed) Vigor though? Won't that take you to very high levels while supporting your allies at once?

🤔🤔🤔🤔

As much as I like the setup, no one wants to use the same aura again and again

That’s where a blank polarity comes in handy you see.

When the player wants to keep changing aura types without using forma or losing capacity 

• Like 1

I would say no to this. 
To me, most auras are only useful when you are going for long runs.

A popular choice of aura for the " - " dash is corrosive projection, for V maybe its growing power / steel charge, for D maybe its rejuvenation.... but all of these aren't really necessary in lower level content when you are pretty much stomping everyone.

The 14 / 18 mod space that you gain is probably a lot more useful for build testing when you craft a new frame, as the difference between the auras aren't really noticeable when you just got a new frame and is ranking it up in a relatively low level mission. To be honest, I didn't even change the polarity on quite a few of my frames, because most auras are at best "helpful" and far from "necessary". I remember ranking up my nekros (and prime) and feel annoyed by their lack of aura polarity (as I can't fit as many mods as I want when I am ranking them up the first time)

You cant make any great builds with a blank aura polarity. Even more so now with options of using both corrupted and umbral mods.

Also, Rejuvenation is the second worst aura after Physique. 3HP/second is nothing, even with a full group using it you have a very bad return on HP and way too much capacity wasted around it. There are too many good options to sustain HP that makes that aura obsolete.

Some of us keep changing builds/auras as we play along, so a stagnant maxed out build is not really for everyone. 

A blank aura slot allows for more build transitions. Isn’t customization the name of the game? 

And BTW, the suggestion is not for Rejuvenation alone, it’s grouped with Coaction Drift + 1 or 2 hp mods. 

Edited by cheliel
  • Like 1

Wait, people equip auras other than Growing Power or Corrosive Projection? Well, I guess you can't help those who won't help themselves. If you really want the freedom to use a slew of unoptimized builds then I agree with what others have said. Polarize the slot to a blank polarity yourself and have at it.

3 hours ago, cheliel said:

When the player wants to keep changing aura types without using forma or losing capacity 

Math isn't really your strong suit, I take it? I'll be excluding Steel Charge for this because it's obviously an outlier.

The difference between an aura mod being in the wrong slot and an unpolarised slot is a mere 2 points. Just 2.

If you are making a build where you can routinely change the aura, then those 2 points aren't going to make a shred of difference, the frame itself will still require a ton of forma to it's main slots to allow for this with either option.

It is better to have a polarity in your aura slot, because that way when you are using the correct aura you can do things you couldn't do with an unpolarised slot. Like run an Umbral build or have a ton of starting energy.

Again, to make it extra clear, versus an unpolarised slot.

Correct polarity gives +7 points, incorrect polarity gives -2.

That -2 is negligible, that +7 is pretty big.

The frame itself will require basically the same amount of forma in either situation to allow for aura variety, meaning you aren't saving yourself anything by modding for blank.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

Wait, people equip auras other than Growing Power or Corrosive Projection? Well, I guess you can't help those who won't help themselves. If you really want the freedom to use a slew of unoptimized builds then I agree with what others have said. Polarize the slot to a blank polarity yourself and have at it.

Don’t show off limitations when this game offers so much customizations  

There’s sprint aura for farming or maxing out sprint speed, sniper aura for hunting or to pair with the headshot mod, rejuvenation aura for support and sustain, steel charge for...

The tragedy is missing out on great synergy opportunities because you prefer only a few auras, or won’t forma for it 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cheliel said:

Some of us keep changing builds/auras as we play along, so a stagnant maxed out build is not really for everyone. 

A blank aura slot allows for more build transitions. Isn’t customization the name of the game? 

And BTW, the suggestion is not for Rejuvenation alone, it’s grouped with Coaction Drift + 1 or 2 hp mods. 

As I said, it isnt possible to make great builds with a blank aura polarity. You can goof around all you like with blank aura polarities, but it doesnt mean it is viable when you actually wanna get things done. Rejuvenation is still a horrible aura even with coaction drift. You are looking at less than 15hp/sec  when a full group has that setup. That means you have no Growing Power, no Steel Charge, no Dead Eye and no Corrosive Projection. Not to mention all the possible exilus mod options you neglect just to squeeze out a few extra hp per sec.

I mean sure if you run just mid level or low level content it may work, but when you start running content where Nidus regen options or a high ability strength Oberon have issues keeping up, then your rejuve wont make any difference. Plus when you are far into the game your damage output will alone trivilize the low, mid and mid-high content, making rejuve a pointless aura to bring along.

V polarity is the best polarity if you like to switch builds since it has something for every type along with some of the best auras (Growing Power, Steel Charge, Dead Eye). So it fits no matter what build you go with, it is also the only way to be able to maximize if you decide to go full umbral on certain frames. And since Auras arent a build maker or breaker Steel Charge will give you some needed slack when it comes to the rest of your polarities, it may allow you to take a cost penalty on one of your mods instead of having to reforma a slot for one certain build because it gives 18 capacity.

When it comes to maximizing builds both V and - are good options, both serve their purpose. Some people will claim - is always better, but it isnt, Corrosive Projection is highly overrated because it only applies to 1/3 or so of the enemies, where Steel Charge, Amps or Growing Power apply to all factions equally (and stripping armor is easily achieved elsewhere).