The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Save the Sarge!

(PSN)BattleCry1791

Dear DE

I understand that you pulled Nef Anyo from Phobos.  That it lead to multiple events in the Warframe universe including Fortuna, so it was a good thing.  And that when you pulled him, you needed a boss replacement for him...so you made this poor bastard:

Codex

The Sergeant

About as potent as a rabid Pobber.  I honestly think that fighting two ventkids armed with Fangs would be a tougher fight.  Of all the bosses in Warframe...he's just so vanilla and easy.  There's always going to be an easiest/hardest anytime you get into a game like this...but that gap is pretty wide here.

Every time I see a T3 Sortie Assassination roll through for this poor schmuck...it's time to pull the Sprint boost Volt out that I usually only use for Lith Relic speed runs.   

I like the game, I like the new content, I love the "games within the game" and the customization that warframe offers and understand that you have to keep rolling out the new content to keep the business afloat.

But for the love of the Lotus...HELP THIS MAN.  He's the warframe version of Wimp Lo from Kung Pow Enter the Fist

It makes me feel bad for him everytime I see him in game.  

Save the Sarge!

Shouldn't this thread have been titled "Buff the Sarge"?

In any case Phobos is fairly early on in the star chart, so he shouldn't be that tough. Also don't forget that what vets find ridiculously easy, actually can be a challenge for other players.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

4 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

In any case Phobos is fairly early on in the star chart, so he shouldn't be that tough. Also don't forget that what vets find ridiculously easy, actually can be a challenge for other players.

That's not the problem. The Sergeant is a just a bullet sponge. Jackal is also easy but you have to actually do something. The Sergeant, you just have to shoot at him and wait for him to come out of invisibility.

It could deal with a rework to make him more interesting. For sure he'll still be zerged to death by a team of MR26, but at least he'll stop being a glorified Tech.

Actually no, Techs are more dangerous than him right now.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Shouldn't this thread have been titled "Buff the Sarge"?

In any case Phobos is fairly early on in the star chart, so he shouldn't be that tough. Also don't forget  that what vets find ridiculously easy, actually can be a challenge for other players.

1 - save the sarge sounds better

2 - The Sarge is after Vay Hek and Lech Kril...of those three which is stunningly easier than the other two?

4 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

It could deal with a rework to make him more interesting. For sure he'll still be zerged to death by a team of MR26, but at least he'll stop being a glorified Tech.

Actually no, Techs are more dangerous than him right now.

^^^^

10 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Also don't forget that what vets find ridiculously easy, actually can be a challenge for other players.

He was too easy from day one. (mind you, the previous boss had exactly the same problem) I could one-hit kill him on day one. You do not need to be high MR or anything.

• This boss should have been buffed on day one.

Yes, Sorties can make him a little stronger, but it barely matters.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Dear DE

I understand that you pulled Nef Anyo from Phobos.  That it lead to multiple events in the Warframe universe including Fortuna, so it was a good thing.  And that when you pulled him, you needed a boss replacement for him...so you made this poor bastard:

Actually all they did was change his name.

Along with Phorid, the two are the only ones left from the early days and at some point "When there's time" TM they'll get a rework.

Just now, Sabreracer said:

Actually all they did was change his name.

Along with Phorid, the two are the only ones left from the early days and at some point "When there's time" TM they'll get a rework.

accurate, but I will offer...Phorid can actually kill players.  The Sarge...about as effective as teaching abstinence to rabbits.

• Like 1

I'm leaving an Elysium Blue flower on his grave...

Seriously though, the only real change that I'd like for the Sarge is for him to get more, you know, large. I'd like to see a Corpus unit that you can tell from afar. He just looks "meh" as he is right now.

As for the toughness factor, he's going to die (badly) anyway, so making him last 50%-100% longer in battle doesn't change things much.

2 hours ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Codex

The Sergeant

About as potent as a rabid Pobber.  

*Anakin yells*: 'Don't underestimate my pobber!'

2 hours ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

He's the warframe version of Wimp Lo from Kung Pow Enter the Fist

The Sergeant reminded me the most of Monty Python's Black Knight and the French Taunter, but it's good to see others are also fans of Z cat Bollywood remakes. :D

24 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

next Hotfix:

- buffed the Sergeant. his Lanka now deals the same damage as a 7-forma'd and Riven'd Eidolon Hunting Lanka build, on top of his regular damage. his accuracy is also buffed to 95%.

have fun getting constantly one shot the moment the door to his room opens!

I'd be fine with that...rather watching other guys get one shot as I roll in with my Loki

28 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

next Hotfix:

- buffed the Sergeant. his Lanka now deals the same damage as a 7-forma'd and Riven'd Eidolon Hunting Lanka build, on top of his regular damage. his accuracy is also buffed to 95%.

have fun getting constantly one shot the moment the door to his room opens!

Still a better lovestory than Twilight.

• 1 month later...