Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please do not abandon the Plains

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

Fortuna came out with a handful of cool QoL changes and features that made it way better than the Plains. Why not add these to the Plains?

-Bounty bonuses that award extra Standing + a whole extra reward
-Fish ingredients and gems in containers
-Bounty giver near the gate to Cetus
-Caves always fully explorable
-(might be pushing it) wildlife conservation

Just because the Plains weren't as successful as you might have hoped originally, doesn't mean that nobody has any interest in it. Adding in the features that are the main reason Fortuna is better than Plains would help a lot to keep the area relevant. 

Thanks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I was going to say that they are planning to update POE to have the better systems that ForTuna has, but I just realized that POE part 2 wasn’t part of the 2019 road map. Crap....

Well we already got PoE 2 with the Tricap update. 

Also, this wouldn't necessarily be big enough to be worth mentioning on the roadmap, nor do I expect that roadmap to be very relevant at all to what DE releases this year.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Well we already got PoE 2 with the Tricap update. 

Also, this wouldn't necessarily be big enough to be worth mentioning on the roadmap, nor do I expect that roadmap to be very relevant at all to what DE releases this year.

You should take the roadmap a bit more seriously. Maybe not the timeframe it’s set in (I expect the last couple updates to be bumped to 2020), but in terms of release order I’d consider it reliable.

What are you talking about? That's pretty rude.
A huge amount of stuff that they've shown in the devstreams years ago still hasn't made it into the game yet. The devstreams aren't promises. It's just an update on what DE is currently working on. Stuff changes all the time. Priorities switch around, things get cancelled, things get replaced. Hydroid Prime trailer? Damage 3.0? Sentient arm canons? Flying Eidolons? The list goes on. I'm not upset that any of these things aren't in the game yet, and I'm certainly not bashing on DE at all. All I'm saying is that the devstreams are not a perfectly reliable source of what's upcoming for Warframe. 

EDIT: This conversation has completely derailed. I'll conclude this side-track with this: Just because DE didn't include it on the roadmap, doesn't mean its impossible for it to ever happen. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite God

13 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

guess you never watched the stream where DE did say that PoE is getting wildlife conservation

The caves are set in stone only way to expand them is if DE opened more of the plains up

bounty giver out  in the plains would be a great addition

Guess I didn't see that stream which was it?

Why can't the caves be open all the time? I see no reason as to why they're only open if a Bounty takes you there. If Fortuna can load all of its caves at once, so can the Plains. 

Just now, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Guess I didn't see that stream which was it?

Why can't the caves be open all the time? I see no reason as to why they're only open if a Bounty takes you there. If Fortuna can load all of its caves at once, so can the Plains. 

i dont remember which stream but think it was one where they were talking about fortuna part 2 before it came out.

i have seen mostly all the caves be open even during just hopping straight into the plains for various things. I never personally gone to every single cave in free roam just to check to see if every cave door does open.
Just know in the past they were all locked before we had the plague star event.

Just now, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I think the flying Eidolon is coming to POE, plus there was that Grineer walking tank they show cased a while back..I can't see them abandoning the play space especially with what went into it...so perhaps when The New War launches we'll see expansions across the map and POE will most likely see it's fair share....

The flying Eidolon is going to be on Jupiter iirc, not saying it can't still come to the plains, but Steve leaked a video with in on Jupiter. I don't think they'll abandon it, since they've said before that they're going to take a few things from Fortuna, and bring them to the plains, like conservation, and the NPC outside to give bounties (Which I've honestly used like twice)

I agree, it's a lot of wasted potential if not revisiting the plains. 

I do want to remember DE said that it is still considered a platform for future content and/or quests, for when the time is right. I think especially the Unum-mystery can be visited through New War quests, considering it's a more or less active orokin tower. Or maybe that's where the new upcoming faction resides? 

But even if adding more quests around the plains, they really need to spice up the environment there as well to make it interesting again. Most of us have farmed that place to death by now, and I don't understand how the Grineer persist on still sticking around that place, lol. 

• Like 1

One of the largest cave complexes on the plains is sealed off 99% of the time. It has a elevator that descends quite a ways down to a cave system that snakes all the way to a cove on the coast. I've only had it accessible a few time during bounties , never during a free roam. It looks like a lot of work went into this particular part, shame I've only seen it 2 or 3 times. By itself it would be a great place to have an event phase, or even an entire event. Any game mode (mobile defense/hack/rescue) could fit due to its size. Instead we get Plains Ghouls round 999.

- update water surfaces, k.o, and weather changes to make plains seamless also add new enemy types, and blueprints, what i know is missing is fossils, and more types of rewards when minning, and that bad loading/matchmaking screen should have something, anything for all the games loading or ui rework would be nice.

-rewards from vendors, and bounties could have cosmetics, kubrows, palettes, and introduce new players to more basic weapons.

-add lunaro and town activities, fortuna also needs a town curriculum, conclave is ignored and should be added to alerts.

• also please change or add new citizens and visitors that come from relay stations and other planets: 
  • princesses, operators, robots could come visit from other planets, as representatives, carrying a bounty or cosmetic item taking up some of the unnused areas, huts, and forestry, other types of village-changes: default music, loading gate immersion, lore and codex table, 
  • improve the appearance of villagers: new clothing, bodies, aliens, visitors who inhabit cetus shoulnt look the same, enemies also, there should be some larger pterodactyll/dinosours/water creatures, planet specific monsters are scarce.

Steve said there is some stuff he left out of the roadmap, those are just the top top topics.

Having a gate guard acting as a Konzu surrogate outside the plains would be super. 

Having fish and gems on containers , +1.

It's been stated before that conservation would come as well. 

Having silver and gold rewards would be nice as well, but lesser priority imo.