Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction house system?

Luciole77

20 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Not when you just set the "buy now" price. 

The "buy now" price is the only price, it's just like trade chat except you can do something more engaging than sit there for an hour or more.

Edited by (PS4)need_nase
Grammar/spacing.

21 hours ago, (PS4)need_nase said:

Auctions involve bidding, in the system I've thought of bidding would be nonexistent because it would be commencing a trade when you meet the requirements and you could get it if you want to commit to it. It's a first come first serve market just like trade chat. 

I hate to be that person again, but this is still exactly what every single MMO I have played does with an Auction House. Items are not auctioned in them, they are given a buy now price, and people pay if they want it. No negotiation, you pay the fixed price or find another one to buy.

You are still proposing exactly the same system as everyone else. This is not what many people seem to want.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)need_nase said:

The "buy now" price is the only price, it's just like trade chat except you can do something more engaging than sit there for an hour or more.

Yeah what you are describing is called "an auction house", believe it or not. 

I've never had to wait that long. Sounds like you had a high price, a common item, and no effective filter to let you see comparable offers and adjust to suit. 

Start by only setting an includes filter for the item or set you want to sell. 

While that is doing its thing, try checking prices on warframe.market and make double sure that you are looking at the PS4 version. 

When you are done, look at the chat again and see how the wtb and WTS values are running for your item. 

Set your price appropriately and make your offer. (I advise going a little under if possible, no sense getting greedy.)

Go pet your kitty or puppy, while the messages come in. It's lonely. 

Repeat if necessary. 

If you don't get a nibble, go do something else. 

Through all this, the trade chat we currently have does not have to be removed to make this change happen.
Althought, it may eventually render the trade chat obsolete as time goes on.

And I do realize this topic has been brought up many times, but I believe that with the introduction of so much new content, the topic needs to be reviewed.

NEGATIVES OF TRADE CHAT
⦁    trade chat is 80-90% riven/new-item related posts
⦁    new players are intimidated due to ignorance of price ranges and usefulness
⦁    platinum sharks/gougers/scammers
⦁    lack of consistant prices based on difficulty of acquirement or rarity of item
⦁    majority of users refuse to haggle, haggle poorly, act out of greed, spite, etc.
⦁    when wanting to sell anything, one must sit idly and wait for a buyer vice versa for buying anything  (this forum post makes a very astute point on this subject-- https://tinyurl.com/y62qrohb)
⦁    users spam the same post repeatedly, the second the cooldown timer ends, resulting in the chat being filled with the same person peddling the same thing (sometimes for hours on end)
([I dont call that "playing the game," personally])

POSITIVES OF TRADE CHAT
⦁   https://warframe.market makes things a bit easier as far as determining price points and item/mod availability, but is unaffiliated with DE and acknowledges that https://warframe.market is currently a 3rd-party form of an auction house, yet very few users know it exists.
⦁    it allows for a free market for people to determine what they believe an item/mod is worth, and attempt to sell for that much
as well as buyers having a budget based on how much they believe something to be worth

Clearly the negatives outweigh the positives i am able to come up with. If there's more to be added to either section, please elaborate.
    What I propose is a simple region (possibly modify Maroo's Bazaar?) with an auction house terminal.

If you WTS, you select that option "WTS", brining up the current trading UI. You then set a lowest acceptable price. This is then posted in a public "Items For Sale" console/chat tab/list in the "WTB" section.
When one puts an item up for auction, it has a preset timer determined by DE alone. Other players then place bids, in a probably identical way to some place like eBay. When the timer finishes, the highest bid gets the item via their inbox.
If the item put up for sale receives no bids (regardless of reason), the post is removed from the list. A timer may be set before the same item is allowed to be posted again (this should be left to DE's discretion whether this should even be a function).

If you WTB, you select "WTB", bringing up a list of filters to more accurately filter in or out what items/mods you want for those who just wish to browse what all is being sold (the filters alleviating the saturation of posts about things you aren't looking for). There can be a search option for specific items/mods if you have something specific you're looking for, along with sorting order for ABC/post date/relevance/etc. When one finds an item they wish to bid on, they can only match the original asking price. Otherwise they must offer a greater price; the greater the raise, the greater your chance of getting the item (This will also encourage users to purchase platinum with real money so they can acquire what they want in this manner).

I firmly believe that this system would ease the stress of buying and selling goods in-game, as well as allow players who are new to trading to be more knowledgeable about how trading works, as well as what is and is not achieveable at their rank or budget.

I also believe that this would reduce the epidemic of people asking for ridiculous prices for items/mods, because of how much platinum you get when purchasing it with real funds. It would also balance out prices in a much more natural way by letting the combined efforts of both buyers and sellers determining a proper equalibrium on pricing in general.

Edited by (PS4)Solo_Wing1
formatting update

1 minute ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Please use the search function next time. There are a plethora of threads about auction houses already.

i did and found nothing. certainly nothing as detailed as what i am proposing.

unless you'd care to link me to the most used thread......

Just now, (PS4)Solo_Wing1 said:

i did and found nothing. certainly nothing as detailed as what i am proposing.

DE said no to an aution house multiple times.

Please explain in 3 sentences why you think that you can convince DE to implement an auction house. Explain why you think that you are smarter than DE when it comes to DE's game Warframe.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

DE said no to an aution house multiple times.

Please explain in 3 sentences why you think that you can convince DE to implement an auction house. Explain why you think that you are smarter than DE when it comes to DE's game Warframe.

please explain to me why you feel the need to assert some sort of dominance over me, without providing evidence saying that DE has denied having an auction house.

im just trying to help improve the game.

im not trying to hurt anyone or anything, and im pretty sure i've made that abundantly clear.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Solo_Wing1 said:

im just trying to help improve the game.

By suggesting something that will completely ruin the economy? How's that an improvement?

EDIT: Side note, the Megathread tag is only to be used by mods. Remove it before they notice, or you might get in trouble.

Edited by Gabbynaru

6 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

By suggesting something that will completely ruin the economy? How's that an improvement?

Despite the addition of filters for the chat, it is still inundated with posts about buying/selling rivens or the latest gear.
For those, like me, who haven't the income to pay for the ludicrous prices for some of these things and having no reasonable method of farming them, I believe an auction house might help those without the means to spend hours upon hours grinding for something that can be bought, but only if you have $100 worth of plat.

Also for my clarification, how exactly would it ruin the economy?
As far as I can tell, it's all over the place in it's current state.

Having learned to just use Warframe.market, I don't really deal with trade chat. If they were to integrate that site things would be better. I mean when you have a 90 sec post delay you are only covering up the fact its not perfect. One main issue is any trades posted before opening the chat window are unavailable and have to wait till the sellers 90 sec is up to spam again.

(I not saying I want a traditional auction house of set it and forget it. Just a better option so text isn't flying by a mile a minute when open.)

11 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

By suggesting something that will completely ruin the economy?

Oh please, the player economy is already a mess with countless overpriced rivens floating about! Something more uniform & simple, akin to Runescape's Grand Exchange, would make the buying & selling of items so much easier for everyone. Why is something potentially more beneficial to the community met with adolescent kicking & screaming?

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Solo_Wing1 said:

Also for my clarification, how exactly would it ruin the economy?
As far as I can tell, it's all over the place in it's current state.

Frankly, a variety of prices is better than all items being sold for 1 plat cause everyone tries to one-up each other.

Also, rather than changing the market because the riven prices are stupid, how about demanding DE fix the rivens themselves? The only reason there's such a stupid variation in riven prices is because of the RNG piled on top of RNG when it comes to riven. For all other items, the trade chat works just fine, but rivens are so completely stupid, and people are so affected by gambling addictions that it literally turned things sour for everyone involved. As someone with zero interest in rivens, I can tell you that trade chat still works just fine with the proper anti-riven filters in place. So it's not the market that it's broken. It's the rivens, the absolutely worst system DE has ever created. Ask them to fix that, and you wouldn't have to ruin the market for everyone just cause you want that one rare riven that never rolls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

[...] the RNG piled on top of RNG when it comes to rivens[...]
[...] So it's not the market that it's broken. It's the rivens [...]

I can actually agree to that. DE's reliance on RNG is abominable. To their credit, letting us choose each other's prime part drops from fissures was a step in the right direction.
If they can implement something of that nature to determining riven stats or what weapon it's for (to any degree), I'm sure we'd see a vast improvement in trade chat's anarchy.

But as I initially suggested, having an auction house (or something kinda similar at least) instead of the Bazaar just for basic items would be a very welcome change, in my opinion.