Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you guys want more Prime weapons outside of Prime Access?

Duality52

Weapons that are currently Primed but not part of any Prime Access (can't be vaulted unless accidentally) or part of Baro Ki'Teer:

• Braton Prime
  • Burston Prime
  • Paris Prime
  • Lex Prime
  • (Ak)Bronco Prime
  • Fang Prime
  • Orthos Prime

I feel that some weapons used by starters deserve a Prime variant outside of Prime Access just like the weapons above such as (reasons that they could have a Prime variant too):

• Kunais (the Kunais don't have any other variants aside from Mk1 & standard)
  • (Ak)Furis [Single variant too to make use of Winds of Purity from New Loka, also the Dex Furis only comes from the Anniversary event]
  • Furax (Furax Wraith is quite difficult to get from the Plains Bounty)
  • Strun (Arguable since the Wraith variant's exceptionally strong, and the the Strun Wraith comes from invasions)

That will mean more Relics into the droptables though.

Thoughts?

That's quite a loaded question in the title. Asking if players want Primes is like asking if a homeless man wants money. No one is going to say no.

On topic: DE should release new Primes through Prime Access and focus on new weapons with Tenno Reinforcements. I will gladly take a new Prime weapon that is from Baro or otherwise, but it's not exactly interesting to see multiple "Ak Prime" secondaries that are all hybrid with slightly different feels. If we are going to get something new, make it Nami Solo Prime, Kama Prime, or some weapon that deserves a special variant.

Edited by Voltage

16 minutes ago, Voltage said:

On topic: DE should release new Primes through Prime Access and focus on new weapons with Tenno Reinforcements. I will gladly take a new Prime weapon that is from Baro or otherwise, but it's not exactly interesting to see multiple "Ak Prime" secondaries that are all hybrid with slightly different feels. If we are going to get something new, make it Nami Solo Prime, Kama Prime, or some weapon that deserves a special variant.

I'm not too sure about releasing more Primes from Baro Ki'Teer since the Relics don't appear that often (Axi A5's an odd exception). If that's the plan, then at least make their Relics more reasonable in terms of price like the Axi A2 (45k Credits, 50 Ducats) rather than the Volt Prime/Odonata Prime and the (Ak)Vasto Prime Relics (125 Ducats for each Relic).

More single variant Primes you mentioned would be great, and ones you mentioned such as Nami Solo and Kama I hope Melee 3.0 can make them viable.

Edited by Duality52

DE have locked themselves into a quadruple release per year of primes. This is both profitable but detrimental to the pace of incoming prime equipment. I personally hate it, but DE struck gold with it, so there's no incentive for them to give it up.

I kinda want the opposite, I wish they would remove those Primes from the drop tables, or at least separate them from the temporary sets. They're mostly quite mediocre weapons (terrible when compared to the last few years of Primes), and their parts are worth nothing at all to traders other than as Ducat scrap. On top of that, they are consistently added to new Relics essentially as filler drops. 

If DE were to add more permanent Primes, they should first separate the permanent and temporary Primes into two separate drop tables, by having Relics that only drop permanent Primes, and Relics that only drop temporary Primes. 

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

Some of those weapons you listed as wanting prime varients cannot have prime varients as they are grineer in origin. 

Do you mean the Strun and the Furax? A Wraith variant does not always mean it's Grineer. Both the Furax and the Strun have Mk1-variants and their descriptions even state it's Tenno. Not to mention that Latron got both a Wraith and Prime variant.

did you completly miss aklex and akvasto prime? 

this is basically just asking them to prime a weapon that isnt primed yet.. which kind of applies to any feaseable weapon that isnt primed yet.

the prime cycle is 3 or 4 months. we get new shiny things every few months. and we had as i mentioned a new prime appear in our unvaulting.

so what your asking for is them to just randomly throw in primes just because you want more? or are you saying that they need to make more at a higher rate?

Edited by Makunogo

Just now, Makunogo said:

did you completly miss aklex and akvasto prime? 

Semi-Vaulted since they only come from Baro Ti'Keer. Later in today, Axi A5 ([Ak]Vasto Prime) will likely be only available from Baro, but it showed up numerous times before in Baro's inventory when it got introduced back in November.

4 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Semi-Vaulted since they only come from Baro Ti'Keer. Later in today, Axi A5 ([Ak]Vasto Prime) will likely be only available from Baro, but it showed up numerous times before in Baro's inventory when it got introduced back in November.

i edited check for the rest of my comment

also a far as i know weapons with wraith/grineer/corpus/infested variants besides the latron are not likely to be prime targets.😛

Edited by Makunogo

On 2019-01-29 at 10:36 AM, Duality52 said:

Do you mean the Strun and the Furax? A Wraith variant does not always mean it's Grineer. Both the Furax and the Strun have Mk1-variants and their descriptions even state it's Tenno. Not to mention that Latron got both a Wraith and Prime variant.

22 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Only the Furax. Strun is very much a Tenno weapon and is a potential Prime candidate. 

Yes the Furax and Strun. Although it Appears the Strun has been retconned. It used to be used by troopers but apparently they were changed to sobek at some point. Powerfists still use Furax so I'd argue while there is a mk1 version it's still grineer. Furax also follows the grineer template for design and lacks the tenno design aesthetic. (these rules were shared in an old devstream the languages follow the same rules) 

Latron, braton, lato, snipetron all predate the change where wraith and vandal varients were changed to seem to only apply to grineer and corpus respectively.