Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

1 hour ago, Gnlstorm said:

like the monkey comment said flying is better than parkour, warframe parkour is not good why he want to comment this when anthem is still not release?

I can comment whatever the hell I like.

If I like the flying in Anthem more than Warframe's parkour, I'm entitled to that opinion. The game being unreleased is irrelevant in this regard, as the chances of the flying being completely scrapped from Anthem is... about 0%.

Furthermore I even took the time to outline why I hold such an opinion, but you appear to be so blinded by bias that it doesn't appear to have gotten through.

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

But...they have a YOUTUBE channel. That must mean their opinion is so much more.

Good point.

I forget youtubers are the most highly respected people here.

I love LifeOfRio. I want to have all his babies. Bless me internet, for I have lost my way.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

But...they have a YOUTUBE channel. That must mean their opinion is so much more.

HAHA lol, my opinion is a douchebag remark, I even say it in my video... so no, I am a noob really, just like making videos... it's my pass time, I do a lot of other editing too for my company and even for board games... just a hobby I enjoy and I know a lot people will not enjoy my videos, but it's like art right... some like it some dont.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

>Graphics 

>Coloring customization

Graphics, Maybe, not so much more though, and TOO much graphics makes it really annoying to be in a tunnel or halways with blasts of energy everywhere and you can't see what is going on, also, makes for lots of loss of frames.

Coloring? Warframe has hundreds of colors, compared to the few I saw in Anthem (so far)

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Boardtodeath_TV said:

Tell one thing that is better in Anthem and change my opinion. I would love to start a debate with you 🙂

14 minutes ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

>Graphics

>Coloring customization

Yup. Not even close. 

Would also add immersivness and verticality. 

coarse it shouldn't be difficult with the gaming engines running today to completely destroy the dated engine that Warframe runs on. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

3 hours ago, Gnlstorm said:

Anthem also doing the same thing. Over hyped and keep praise the anthem,said it will be better than warframe. I side warframe it because this 2 years DE never get lazy and it impress me no matter how many bad comment/feedback DE will still do their best. We all got eyes to see what DE did, i know Warframe is not perfect but the honest and care make me followed them. Some gamer also never give  DE good times since anthem appear so many people keep said Warframe is boring/this games is wrong so and so if like u said the anthem is not even release but why they want to praise Anthem while bad word warframe? like the monkey comment said flying is better than parkour, warframe parkour is not good why he want to comment this when anthem is still not release? Please tell me how many bad bias had warframe faced for these 5 years? how many games fanboy want to talk sh1t about warframe? I rather spent money on warframe then anthem it because of the company history not i side warframe.

I said I think flying is better in Anthem than parkour in Warframe as well. I said that because I tried flying in the demo, and I absolutely loved it. I based my argument on experience from the demo, not some untried and untested feature I saw in a video. That's not a fanboy opinion. That's an opinion based on trying both and deciding that I liked one better than the other. Like tasting two flavors of ice cream and deciding than one taste better than the other. That's also not talking trash about Warframe. If I thought Warframe was trash I wouldn't have played it for a 1000 hours, that goes without saying. But just because I like Warframe, doesn't mean I can't also like other games, and like some aspects of other games more than Warframe. That's hardly irrational.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Would also add immersivness 

coarse it shouldn't be difficult with the gaming engines running today to completely destroy the dated engine that Warframe runs on. 

I see your point with immersivness (world) however how is it Better done then in Warframe? Warframe has a story too, and Comic books that I read for immersivness, 

characters to talk too,, etc. I dont see a big difference there, most games have that immersivness. And you agree with Colors? something I must have missed but I did not see that many colors... Materials yes, but not colors.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Boardtodeath_TV said:

Tell one thing that is better in Anthem and change my opinion.

Teamplay, 

Engagement,

Graphics.

Each of those is arguably objectively better.

As for subjectively:

Movement system,

Customisation,

Environment.

Teamplay?
Maybe in later missions, but during my demo, everyone was doing their own thing. plus if your team sucks, you will looking at a revive screen for minutes, instead of playing, 

Engagement?

This I would like some explanation on if possible. you mean Missions and more engaging? because getting glowy things and bringing them back to relics is what I do in warframe during excavation missions, felt the same.

Graphics?

Yes, but also brand new engine, so good luck with those drop frames.

Movement system?

Some will like it, yes, some will find it clunkyer in Anthem though. I find warframe more fluid in movement.

Customisation?

lol you can't even change your gun colors.... I have to disagree with this one.

Environment?

True, more details and nice, but much MUCH smaller in size and if DLC are all free, expect them to be Small areas.

Honestly, I dont see why we are really comapring these two games, YEARS appart.

But what I can say is that 80$ to play a game that is similar (with less content) is just not inticing enough.. Imagine playing warframe and you only had 4 to choose from... and no melee weapons...meh

19 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Teamplay, 

Engagement,

Graphics.

Each of those is arguably objectively better.

As for subjectively:

Movement system,

Customisation,

Environment.

Teamplay?
Maybe in later missions, but during my demo, everyone was doing their own thing. plus if your team sucks, you will looking at a revive screen for minutes, instead of playing, 

Engagement?

This I would like some explanation on if possible. you mean Missions and more engaging? because getting glowy things and bringing them back to relics is what I do in warframe during excavation missions, felt the same.

Graphics?

Yes, but also brand new engine, so good luck with those drop frames.

Movement system?

Some will like it, yes, some will find it clunkyer in Anthem though. I find warframe more fluid in movement.

Customisation?

lol you can't even change your gun colors.... I have to disagree with this one.

Environment?

True, more details and nice, but much MUCH smaller in size and if DLC are all free, expect them to be Small areas.

But what I can say is that 80$ to play a game that is similar (with less content) is just not inticing enough.. Imagine playing warframe and you only had 4 to choose from... and no melee weapons...meh

1 hour ago, (PS4)Boardtodeath_TV said:

Honestly, If you;re plaing Warframe, no point in playing Anthem...

It does everything, worse...

I made video on my channel about Anthem VS Warframe (VINCE LUCA).

I would wait UNTIL a few months at least fo realease to even bother trying it.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Boardtodeath_TV said:

Why indeed.

28 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Given that the sum total of Warframe's teamplay/engagement nowadays is... 0, it's not hard to beat it.

As for the rest, as I stated, subjective. There's absolutely no point arguing about those.

Yea I guess.. But I also find that the Bosses will be better in warframe, I have yet to see anything that tells me that the Devs or creative teams behind Anthem has anything NEW to offer during fights or bosses, or even elites (which just have more health so far)  

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Boardtodeath_TV said:

Yea I guess.. But I also find that the Bosses will be better in warframe, I have yet to see anything that tells me that the Devs or creative teams behind Anthem has anything NEW to offer during fights or bosses, or even elites (which just have more health so far)  

Not like Warframe does anything "new" there either, but fair.

The story around Warframe's bosses is certainly a plus. In the demo there's no story behind the Hive Queen you fight in the stronghold to my knowledge, whether this differs in the main game we shall see, but I don't expect anything different.

but not colors.

Anthem has a color wheel. Guess u missed that. 

Warframe has a story too

Warframes story is fine IMO been there done that. But we don't know Anthems story because It's not out yet. And IMO Warframes lore is a bit lethargic at times. That said I'll still be playing the new war whenever that drops (soon), coarse that'll probably take 30 min give or take to complete. Then Ill most likely hope back on Anthem. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Not like Warframe does anything "new" there either, but fair.

The story around Warframe's bosses is certainly a plus. In the demo there's no story behind the Hive Queen you fight in the stronghold to my knowledge, whether this differs in the main game we shall see, but I don't expect anything different.

Yea, but something like the Razoback or something interesting with bosses you know what I mean, Bosses with puzzles, not GIANT GLOWING "hit me here" things lol

Well, Apex Legends was announced and released today. I guess I can't play Warframe or Anthem now...

Honestly, this thread has become more of an argument then a discussion. 

I still like Warframe better than what was shown in the Anthem demo personally but it wasn't the finished product and I'm excited to see what the game is like on full release.

On 2019-02-04 at 7:00 PM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

I think I'm going to pass on anthem now. The combat was lacking and didn't give me any hook to latch on to. Alot of the enemies in strongholds were these bullet sponges littered everywhere and i just realised im playing destiny again but with jetpacks that don't suck. 

Yeah... they could have done a better job at explaining the combo system which turns those bullet sponges into smeared confetti in seconds...

People, people - Anthem Demo vs Warframe after 5 years of very active development isn't even a competition. Lets A. wait for the full release before passing judgement and B. stop the usual b*** 'ma bases is better' arguments. I personally liked the demo and will most likely buy it. Won't stop me from playing WF. Will stop me from playing Destiny 2 because I'm still annoyed with Bungie over its networking issues but that doesn't mean I'll trash the game.... except Fortnite, that game deserves to die.