Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

On 2019-02-04 at 11:50 PM, (PS4)Boardtodeath_TV said:

Yea, but something like the Razoback or something interesting with bosses you know what I mean, Bosses with puzzles, not GIANT GLOWING "hit me here" things lol

You like the Ambulas "boss" fight then? I do, for this exact reason.

I do want big fat bullet-sponge bosses with a giant glowing "hit me here" sign, but I dont want multiple variations of this concept (it gets boring really really fast!).

1 hour ago, Jorframj said:

For text chat you need moderation (either automatic by bots* or manual by moderators**). Both cost money. cost money. EA. *cost money*. Do I have to draw a picture?

* Automoderation algorithms cost money. You can license them from companies like Amazon.

** People usually don't work for free.

Voice chat does not need moderation, as no court anywhere in the (relevant) world has ever held Voice service providers responsible for actions of their users. They only require them to provide "lawful interception" access, which is trivial and does not cost a lot of money.

Actually it's because of the CVAA (Communications and Video Accesibility Act). A US law that demands that online communication is accessible for people with disabilities, meaning that a text chat must have text-to-speech and speech-to-text, among other things. Video games had been given a temporary waiver from the law, since communication is not really the core purpose of playing a video game, but that waiver just ran out on 1st of January. So all video games released in 2019 and on has to comply to the CVAA if they want to be legal in the US. Meaning that for many developers it will be easier to just skip text chat completely, especially for a game that was already many years in development.

Apex Legends did comply to the CVAA for it's chat, so it's obviously possible to do it, so much of it also comes down to how bad the developers really want it in their game. But some money and research has to be invested now.

As a side note, if an old game receives a major update, like a DLC, they are also now required to include compliance with the CVAA in said update. Which could end up affecting Warframes chat, depending on how "major update" is going to be interpreted.

7 hours ago, rune_me said:

Meaning that for many developers it will be easier to just skip text chat completely, especially for a game that was already many years in development.

not that there weren't a significant number of games that already exclude it or have something so terrible that nobody wants to even use it(seriously how is it so complicated to make a box that you write words into, wtf). #consoleitis

not that 90%+ of Players in games don't communciate on anything in the first place, regardless of Platform, and demand that games let them play "Solo with some Nametags floating around" because they're too inept to handle communicating with their Allies

3 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

~snip~

Yeah, that's pretty nice. Can't see something like that working for Warframe however, as from a story perspective it could be pretty jarring. Very nice work by them nonetheless. Regardless of how Anthem turns out, that's work to be proud of.

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Yeah, that's pretty nice. Can't see something like that working for Warframe however, as from a story perspective it could be pretty jarring. Very nice work by them nonetheless. Regardless of how Anthem turns out, that's work to be proud of.

At 2:56 I was imagining Nyx in the middle of that whirl pool. And the bald woman in the cave with the paint on top of her head is the Tenno saying "the void swims through your mind, it knows you, it knows us all" tenor.gif