Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

51 minutes ago, Toppien said:

honestly im buying anthem, but just because it reminds me of firefall, also more balanced damage, at this point im burned out of warframe 😞

want to get anthem but just the fact that its EA seriously puts me off, i dont wanna get invested in it if it ends up having barely anyone playing it and/or becomes a huge microtransaction riddled pile of S#&$

I came for pvp, but quickly realize people are afraid of pvp. Stayed cause I enjoy the game but pvp would be a nice change of pace and them giving up on it truly is a bad move. you got your pve audience but you lost your pvp audience it just means less ppl than what it could have been.

• Like 2

hace 1 hora, Joltyboi dijo:

want to get anthem but just the fact that its EA seriously puts me off, i dont wanna get invested in it if it ends up having barely anyone playing it and/or becomes a huge microtransaction riddled pile of S#&$

i was interested in it the moment they mentioned they would only use microtransactions with cosmetics and no lootboxes, besides, bioware and EA right now are under a lot of presure from the public, media and even goverments, they are trating this very carefully too, the 2 demos plus an alpha to make sure they dont pull a fallout 76, is a delightfull sight to see XD

they are being forced to not do their usual bs XD, so im confident in that regard that anthem is going to be decent enough

Edited by Toppien

2 hours ago, Toppien said:

i was interested in it the moment they mentioned they would only use microtransactions with cosmetics and no lootboxes, besides, bioware and EA right now are under a lot of presure from the public, media and even goverments, they are trating this very carefully too, the 2 demos plus an alpha to make sure they dont pull a fallout 76, is a delightfull sight to see XD

they are being forced to not do their usual bs XD, so im confident in that regard that anthem is going to be decent enough

honestly though i dont wanna get into it but even if its cosmetic its annoying, ide rather earn them through challenging and rewarding gameplay

you have a point though, still, its £A, theyre gonna do something to piss people off and ruin the game, ide love to end up being wrong but i dont have any faith in them

9 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

@Atsia in Prime Time #233 Rebbeca said that it will be coming this year. Scott said that it most likely will be forced on all public missions so only way to opt out is to go solo or with invited players. Most players WILL use public matching anyways so mode won't be "dead on arival" as you suggest.

Check again. More recent info is that there will be an opt out.

If there isn't, I'm going to leave the mission whenever I see the lights flicker. I already have everything I need from the Stalker, and I don't intend to indulge those who would impose themselves on my gaming experience.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Corvid said:

Check again. More recent info is that there will be an opt out.

If there isn't, I'm going to leave the mission whenever I see the lights flicker. I already have everything I need from the Stalker, and I don't intend to indulge those who would impose themselves on my gaming experience.

Well you do what you want.

What source about Stalker Mode are talking about?

6 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

honestly though i dont wanna get into it but even if its cosmetic its annoying, ide rather earn them through challenging and rewarding gameplay

You can, cosmetics appear to have both an in-game currency price and a premium currency price.

People are still raging about it though, I don't see the big deal personally. 

Selling cosmetics for both in-game and premium currency = bad.

Selling a cosmetic as the centrepiece of a bundle worth upwards of £30 in premium currency, that's virtually unnoticeable most of the time and unobtainable (at the time) through any other means = good?

If it wasnt obvious, I'm referring to the bloodshed sigil.

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

You can, cosmetics appear to have both an in-game currency price and a premium currency price.

Selling cosmetics for both in-game and premium currency = bad.

Selling a cosmetic as the centrepiece of a bundle worth upwards of £30 in premium currency, that's virtually unnoticeable most of the time and unobtainable (at the time) through any other means = good?

If it wasnt obvious, I'm referring to the bloodshed sigil.

1: warframes a free to play game, anthem isnt

2: that was annoying with the bloodshed sigil, but that was just for people who wanted it early and people who were going to buy garuda, at least you can get that in game now (now what ide fully agree with you on because, as far as i know, DE hasnt said well be able to get it any other way, is the awesome ship decoration that comes with the baruuk bundle)

3: you can get the cosmetics in anthem for in-game currency instead of being forced to pay for them? when was this revealed?

I had a lot of fun with it, but I was sold on it after the alpha.
 Played with 4 other people 2 of them got hit with the 90%bug a lot but personally only experienced it a couple times, the PC controls can use some love you can definitely tell most of the focus went into controller controls, some of the guns and abilities felt underwhelming and the Interceptor melee felt very floaty.
 I really like the like the emphasis on abilities, with the difficulty level system they can add challenging content without impacting the power fantasy aspect, each Javelin felt very different to play, your load out really effects moment-to-moment gameplay.
 I haven't been under a rock the past decade so I do have concerns about EA but the gameplay was fun and the loot was good, that's what I look for in this type of game

Latest issue i heard about Anthem is their price tag for anthem market... Recently Anthem shown their market system and the price tag for Skin is 20 dollar and bundle 40 dollar(The skin dun even look nice). Emote and other stuff also got price tag. Yeah EA said the skin and stuff can obtain ingame but 100% confirm? To be fair The price tag still not final but it scared some of the people. Lastly Warframe had come through alot hard time and as DE said 2019 is the years of evolution.. My heart will always with Warframe because i want to witness the evolve of warframe... NEW GAME will always show the best but will hide all the worst so why overhype anthem when it still not release... It so stupid to hype a game that still not formed and said will crash Warframe... It not arrogant it fact "Warframe still got a long way to go" those that leave Warframe is because they cannot handle warframe well. If 80% of Tenno can achieve good progress in warframe i dun understand what the remain 20% Tenno did? See my profile - 5500hrs but i only played warframe for 30month and see my progress... I never tired of warframe because i got a goal to overcome and i know how to plan my time/gaming experience/grind well.. If u cannot handle warframe i think no matter where those loser go will still be the same..

Edited by Gnlstorm

TBH this is quite personal if u like the game no matter what u will feel great. I will love Warframe because i know Warframe will evolve better and better(Warframe roadmap for so many years shown us DE cared) I get use to Warframe movement/speed/combat.. If u really put time into a game u will get well with it and love it. The only thing to care is the price tag what i known the cosmetic/anthem market is quite unstable.. 20 dollar for a skin? 40 dollar for a bundle? The game itself cost 60 dollar so is the price reasonable? I know the news regarding price still not final but the possible is still there/the fear is still there.. EA lose money so Anthem will be their last chance to grab money so be logical if u are the owner of EA when company is losing money will u still sell cheap? Think about it

Edited by Gnlstorm

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I think some are getting too focused on the cosmetics, when the real concern is progression. 

The game has really good customization to begin with. If the premium currency was focused on just cosmetics, then it'd be easily ignorable and not a genuine concern. 

However, if the game has extremely low (or variable--remember Destiny 2...) experience gain rates and experience boosters are available for premium currency, then you can see a problem developing--and it is EA, so you know they'll exploit this. That's where the real worry should be. 

We saw some backlash at Ubisoft over this in AC:O, though really the game progressed just fine without and was single player to boot. Nevertheless, the premium booster did make a large difference (I had one friend who couldn't resist, so we did get to see it in action) and the specter of this looms very large in a multiplayer game. 

It is EA. You can count on mendacious behavior from them. They've demonstrated this time and again. Also, keep in mind that this game is $60 or more up front, yet they still insist on a premium currency. Caveat Emptor. 

1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

I think some are getting too focused on the cosmetics, when the real concern is progression. 

The game has really good customization to begin with. If the premium currency was focused on just cosmetics, then it'd be easily ignorable and not a genuine concern. 

However, if the game has extremely low (or variable--remember Destiny 2...) experience gain rates and experience boosters are available for premium currency, then you can see a problem developing--and it is EA, so you know they'll exploit this. That's where the real worry should be. 

We saw some backlash at Ubisoft over this in AC:O, though really the game progressed just fine without and was single player to boot. Nevertheless, the premium booster did make a large difference (I had one friend who couldn't resist, so we did get to see it in action) and the specter of this looms very large in a multiplayer game. 

It is EA. You can count on mendacious behavior from them. They've demonstrated this time and again. Also, keep in mind that this game is $60 or more up front, yet they still insist on a premium currency. Caveat Emptor. 

If the company is bad no matter how well made the game are also no use. I think people too over hype anthem. I agree the game is good in graphic/combat(dun forget it made by AAA company) but compare to warframe it still too early to say anthem is better. Anthem is just another shooter game that all nothing is unique except u can fly around. Tbh warframe customization is still better and when i saw the anthem skin is look bad and the price tag is 20 dollar i know the price is still not the final but it sure EA trying to grab cash from player. Anthem is still got a long and tough way to become great but said better than warframe it still a joke. How can a new games compare to warframe when DE keep listen to community and make evolution to warframe?

I really curious just a small bit of demo(also got bad issue) some of you can predict this game is great? If someone said ok i want to try anthem that alright but if someone told me anthem is the best game ever, everything is great that is bullS#&$... This game is still not release yet people keep brainwash other to get the game.. Player should keep the hype to themself when the game release then bias it...  The price tag is still unknown. EA need money so is it possible for them not grab money from consumer? Until now the only gaming company that did well in microtransactions is DE. If people can said warframe is boring i think anthem also become like warframe after years. This hype really sicko

Edited by Gnlstorm

Seriously i dun care whether anthem is from EA but the main issue is anthem really dun look really great and it not unique at all. I still prefer future vibe like warframe, anthem is just some common shooter games with better graphic. I watched the demo the hype is too high for anthem. Now the main point of the issue is whether EA will stay pure and dun grab money from consumer? EA company need lot of money so anthem future can be quite clear and the path EA go is what warframe situation when making warframe. EA starting let people saw their humble by take around loot box and gambling stuff but i not sure after consumer hook to the game what change EA will make.

Edited by Gnlstorm

How can u judge a game just by looking? ThE full games is still not release so how can u know it great? because of graphic? warframe is improving the graphic. because of combat? warframe will shine after melee3.0 currently warframe combat also look good as well u train well. movement? dun need to compare warframe movement is one of the most unique and best. customization? tbh warframe customization is better u saw those fashion player make their warframe so nice looking and the anthem skin is not looking nice. What i want to say is u can like the game maybe because it suit your style but never never said it better because DE truely shown us warframe still can evolve and warframe still haven reach their final form....

There was already five threads about Anthem in the front page of this forum. We don't need a new thread for every single opinion, dude.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Gnlstorm said:

How can u judge a game just by looking? ThE full games is still not release so how can u know it great? because of graphic? warframe is improving the graphic. because of combat? warframe will shine after melee3.0 currently warframe combat also look good as well u train well. movement? dun need to compare warframe movement is one of the most unique and best. customization? tbh warframe customization is better u saw those fashion player make their warframe so nice looking and the anthem skin is not looking nice. What i want to say is u can like the game maybe because it suit your style but never never said it better because DE truely shown us warframe still can evolve and warframe still haven reach their final form....

did you play WF way back when it was first released? I did, and boy was it awful. But it has improved through hard work and the constant comms between fans and devs. However to get it to this point also required a few fans to see enough potential to get through founders stage (effectively paying for the first copies) and then a few more fans sticking with it to make it financially viable.

Now Anthem is a AAA game - made by an industry name and published by an industry power house. They've chosen to not go down DEs financial model because it simply doesn't fit what they're trying to do which pay once for the base game and all other story led expansions of which are already working on, will be free. I'm willing to judge the game on the basis of an alpha, a demo and further exploration of the game this weekend when the open demo is released. It doesn't mean i'm going to drop WF, it simply means i'm going to approach my leisure time like an adult. My advice - leave others to their personal choices. 

On 2019-01-29 at 8:46 PM, ---HaydenTenno--- said:

Warframe's graphics are mediocre compared to Anthem, you just can't compare the two, WF is far below Anthem at least in that aspect and the deep customization options. Also, warframe already felt like plasticframe, but now it feels more so after playing Anthem for me.

Anthem has serious Slowdown problems and to use high level setting you need an high end graphic card.

15 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

1: warframes a free to play game, anthem isnt

2: that was annoying with the bloodshed sigil, but that was just for people who wanted it early and people who were going to buy garuda, at least you can get that in game now (now what ide fully agree with you on because, as far as i know, DE hasnt said well be able to get it any other way, is the awesome ship decoration that comes with the baruuk bundle)

3: you can get the cosmetics in anthem for in-game currency instead of being forced to pay for them? when was this revealed?

1) What's your point? I don't personally think that excuses the bloodshed sigil.

2) Again, I don't see the point. It's still a virtually worthless cosmetic made to be the centrepiece of an expensive bundle. I consider anyone who says they got value for money a liar as far as the sigil is concerned (which is certainly bitter of me), and the situation to be a darn sight shadier than microtransactions in Anthem.

"Here, look at this great and unique cosmetic you can purchase. Timed exclusive to the bundle!"

Purchase it, realise that you need to take 50 billion damage for it to be noticeable, regret purchase.

3) Recently "leaked".

People are crying about the premium cost of the skins, but seemingly overlooking the fact that they can be bought in game, and that afaik none of us actually know what the price of the premium currency is.

Edited by DeMonkey

hace 10 horas, -_Highlander_- dijo:

:crylaugh: EA + Bioware

its like activision crawling on them knees back to bungie

we all know how that goes

No pvp in Athem .. well thats an big bummer for the fanboys

This hype won't last long

for what ive been investigating the pve is really good, the demos are trully old verions of the game, idk why bioware is giving such a bad first impresion by not presenting the latest version, but the game is much much better than in the demos, and its big according to various sources, with really extended loot, they even have legentary ability modules that modify how stats and mechanics for those abilities work, the big city actually changes as one progresses though the main story, and the 20$ cosmetics are full sets (they are bundles)

theres no need really for a pvp mode, to begin with, bioware isnt known for making pvp

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

1) What's your point? I don't personally think that excuses the bloodshed sigil.

2) Again, I don't see the point. It's still a virtually worthless cosmetic made to be the centrepiece of an expensive bundle. I consider anyone who says they got value for money a liar as far as the sigil is concerned (which is certainly bitter of me), and the situation to be a darn sight shadier than microtransactions in Anthem.

"Here, look at this great and unique cosmetic you can purchase. Timed exclusive to the bundle!"

Purchase it, realise that you need to take 50 billion damage for it to be noticeable, regret purchase.

3) Recently "leaked".

People are crying about the premium cost of the skins, but seemingly overlooking the fact that they can be bought in game, and that afaik none of us actually know what the price of the premium currency is.

truth, though i'm not as salty about the bundle as you. Overall I've noticed this tendency to get tribal about games when there's no need. I routinely cycle through 6 games at a time (unless I'm playing a rpg) to keep sane. If I purchase Anthem (which is looking very likely), it'll join in that rotation. Hasn't stopped me from supporting WF at all as I still log in and play everyday.