Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Prime - The Impending "Rework Threads"

Joe_Barbarian

On 2019-01-31 at 10:09 PM, Joe_Barbarian said:

so I can ramp up the damage of Volt and Saryn

Like they actually NEED buffing. Those two are obnoxiously OP to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Enxchiol said:

could seriously use some tuning for general usability, as is, she is very clunky and her kit even discourages versatility and form switching which she is supposed to be all about.

That statement implies that she's NOT fine as is by your standards.

39 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

You collect the damage or healing and use that up in one shot.

One shot that's capable of wiping an area the size of Hydron or Io when built right. Maim is capable of nuking enemies that aren't even in LOS yet, so tell me again how everyone else in a group is supposed to compete with that?

Oh right, bring Mag and spam 3 or Saryn and spam 1 and 4.

Or run around and kill as much as you can before the Equinox player clicks 4 again. Good luck with that.

1 minute ago, MirageKnight said:

Like they actually NEED buffing. Those two are obnoxiously OP to begin with.

That statement implies that she's NOT fine as is by your standards.

One shot that's capable of wiping an area the size of Hydron or Io when built right. Maim is capable of nuking enemies that aren't even in LOS yet, so tell me again how everyone else in a group is supposed to compete with that?

Oh right, bring Mag and spam 3 or Saryn and spam 1 and 4.

Or run around and kill as much as you can before the Equinox player clicks 4 again. Good luck with that.

Fine as is in terms of power, not fine in terms of versatility(what she is supposed to be) and fluidness of gameplay

At least, in my opinion.

It doesn't matter how well it can wipe out enemies it does it once. You ramp up damage and boom it's gone, start all over again. This might be acceptable on the starchart but not good for high level content. Other warframes have better healing abilities than the 4th ability and many warframes have much better damage based abilities also. And It's uncomfortable to use also.

She doesn't need a rework as much as she needs a unique nodding mechanic. 

She is literally 2 frames, so she should be able to use 2 mod configurations. 

There have been unique UI features before (mandachord, chroma energy color, venari) I think a sub mod screen for her alternate form would be nice to have, 

Might seem to make her a bit on the OP side, but if we have the mod capacity and polarity shared between the forms,

Example :having vitality and streamline on both (or common) forms will only take 21 capacity total (12+9), 

Adding augur secret (7)on night and augur reach on day (7) will increase capacity used to 35, 

it will give you flexibility for advanced builds while still being relatively balanced.

Sure it will take extra formas, but I personally wouldn't mind as I usually  only change 2 mods between builds. 

P. S. Aura and augments will always be static and be common for both in same slot. 

Imagine a venn diagram. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

Imo equinox is in a good place. I'm not against adding a second mod selection for day/night, but....she'd be used a lot more than she already is so this is just a pipe dream. There are other frames in much more need of love that no one is using. I feel that's one of the big factors DE is looking at when deciding on reworks as well. Trying to get an equal mix of all frames. That's a pipe dream too. 

Maim spammers everywhere, but OP says we should not talk about it, OP afraid DE may not have stats that NO ONE uses Night Mode and no one uses any other ability than Maim spam.

Yeah, right place for ex-Ember mains, Maim is also fully balanced to outdamage everything and everyone by simply pressing one button twice!

I'd love to see her become Jack of All trades and not 4 spamming pleb toy for bots, disclaimer, i love equinox but I hate Maim how broken it is, you do nothing and everyone dies, so fun.... Also slash proc knockbacks enemies? Good place, 10/10 walk around and do nothing  farming simulator

Edited by No_Quarter

I do like Equinox overall but the two aspects only shine under antithetic builds.  Modding them separately is certainly a solution but I think it would be better to address the function of the abilities in relation to one another.  Separate modding won't change how Pacify works or that Mend is largely a reactive ability and often too late or only useful when a group is together.  Even then most of the charge is wasted with no excess being retained.  Pacify/Provoke and Mend/Maim should both maintain their active state when changing forms.  The change should be faster and benefits of Metamorphosis last longer.  Also make her passive actually useful.  Currently it's terrible. 2 energy on a health orb pickup, really?  The mod gives a significantly better boost.

On 2019-01-31 at 7:33 PM, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

The only thing Equinox needs is some way to mod day and night forms separately, even if it is only 2 exclusive mod slots per form.

i would love this, but i dont think it will ever be a thing.

On 2019-02-02 at 8:10 AM, JackHargreav said:

Her 4th needs a rework. It's just not good on high level content. You collect the damage or healing and use that up in one shot. There are much better ult abilities out there. Even chroma has a decent CC to his Effigy.

it scales as you go. it is good at any level of content and basically wipes everyone out no matter what. once you get used to how much damage it will do for the level of enemies you are fighting, you can press the thing every 10 seconds for mini tactical nuke action.

I really do like Equinox, but I do have a few gripes.

Pacify energy drain is a little high. Energy costs for Night Equinox seem to be much different than Day Equinox. Maybe you lose energy each time an enemy hits a teammate, staggering it or reseting its agro?

Rage is a pointless ability. Why risk making the enemy stronger for a defense reduction? Trash mobs are often one shot anyway. If that's the case, at least make them attack their own. 

Mend is underused. While I personally prefer it over Maim, I'm wondering what should be done with collected health that DOESN'T make it through. Maybe turned into overshields? But that would negate the purpose of keeping Mend on. Maybe an energy regen or refill? I dont know. All I know is Maim has a better use for its damage collection.

I got her for her supportive gameplay, and I can say Night form needs some love. Rest is great tho

Edited by StarMoral

I agree that Equinox's abilities are pretty good. I will say, I do think they should be able to synergize more, but aside from making it that the charges on the 3 and 4 don't go away when swapping day/night form (which considering that we now have an augment mod built around doing that for the 4, I doubt that would happen).