Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fishing Spear needs to be a Weapon!

Glumlum

2 hours ago, Glumlum said:

Title explains it. I was thinking about making it a melee weapon or maybe even a primary. We need to be able to upgrade it!

honestly I'm not a fan, as it reminds me of the silly Riven Challenge where you have to kill animals with the spear: it means running around the plains looking for Kuakas like a nutjob which isn't really that fun. still not as annoying as "fish, mine and kill in 30 seconds without being detected, I mean how is that even possible?. I could maybe see it being added as a skin though.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

still not as annoying as "fish, mine and kill in 30 seconds without being detected, I mean how is that even possible?

Ivara, or Loki, maybe even just trying to snipe people for the kill.

But yeah, the kill animals with the spear is a crap challenge, just because the animal spawns are so unreliable.  And when the animals just aren't spawning, they're often despawning as you line your shot up, even if they haven't detected you.

• Like 1

Javlok and other gun spears are throwable...I want 1 that do like bow type accept for all ready throw in hand and piercing enemies but none them want me have that on my melee (it would been nice to have it) we already have ppl throwing shields, some boomerrang weapon and throwing daggers become another ninja star throwing (for there had been book not throwing the ninja star or shrunken not only throw them for it can be used hand to hand combat but I am not going deep with any history with this).

The fishing spear is a weapon and throwable it just that its not powerful enough to kill a Eidolon because you know time limited and same goes with fortuna you know the orb...yea don't think its worth to try kill it with a spear.

28 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

The Fishing spear is already a weapon! It is strong enough to kill all the planetary boss' in the game, you could say its a "spear of Destruction".

planetary boss?

latest?cb=20171016171720latest?cb=20181219040405

huh...lets step back with that bit more even the wiki say different things but this view of planetary bosses pretty much it have to wandering...blame the dictionary: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/planetary

Then again if you still meant controller we simple called planet bosses but there is issue for that too you claim spears can kill it which missing a kill spot enemy as we dive into the wiki warframe, the bigger version of Juggernaut is not been killed by a fishing spear (yet).

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150611004230

tenor.gif?itemid=4899046

i would like spears to be customized for combat in cetus & fortuna with zaw kitgun guys around its not imposible, even if its just some ability to upgrade them with special items to sharpen them or enhance them temporarily at the zaw shop as for the  with the reload button it can be used with the secondary for combat, parrying, and tossing, you are carrying fish after all you could call up  a bunch of them or throw them at enemies!!! boot!!, and some warframe mods to detect and enhance maps for minning and throwing boots. anyways, lets hope minning guns also get the kitgun and special improvement, or vice versa the kitguns and spears already in the game such as the javlok allow for fishing and minning using kitguns or any weapon that fires lasers.

3 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Javlok and other gun spears are throwable...I want 1 that do like bow type accept for all ready throw in hand and piercing enemies but none them want me have that on my melee (it would been nice to have it) we already have ppl throwing shields, some boomerrang weapon and throwing daggers become another ninja star throwing (for there had been book not throwing the ninja star or shrunken not only throw them for it can be used hand to hand combat but I am not going deep with any history with this).

The fishing spear is a weapon and throwable it just that its not powerful enough to kill a Eidolon because you know time limited and same goes with fortuna you know the orb...yea don't think its worth to try kill it with a spear.

planetary boss?

huh...lets step back with that bit more even the wiki say different things but this view of planetary bosses pretty much it have to wandering...blame the dictionary: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/planetary

Then again if you still meant controller we simple called planet bosses but there is issue for that too you claim spears can kill it which missing a kill spot enemy as we dive into the wiki warframe, the bigger version of Juggernaut is not been killed by a fishing spear (yet).

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20150611004230

tenor.gif?itemid=4899046

yup.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

triburos is a warframe youtuber and has made a 3 part series where he and some others use fishing spears as volt and they kill every boss in warframe with only spears

yeah the thing about spears btw i have seen that who video for the most part should have access to mods that enhance their functions so that they can be equiped as stances with other weapons to launch special abilities, spears in space joke or not, havent seen any dragoon archwings, so not just riven requirements but we want some enhancements, the onlly thing i came up with were some new ideas to sharpen the spears and augment or upgrade them at cetus, relays, and otherwise at the speaceship, of coase the syndicates would have to offer some augments of their own or temporary benefits, the fishing lady and man in fortuna would allow the spears to hold some crystals taht apply AOE and status effects, essentially mods can be equiped to fit the player like kitguns and zaws, ayatan stars for example and otehr resources would react and atune enhancing the map and doubling some types of items, the refine process for some can be instantly, while other improvements could be made at the foundry or earned through lunaro, replayable, junctions, found fishing, missions, and pvp blueprints to better fit each player's needs, to defend and attack with spears, say one player wanted to carry or use all their spears in combat, there could be some armlet and/or backpack like the one swyndana i seen that holds 2-3 swords, maybe we can combine this to make up some new stances to allow spears to be melee ready for 3.5 melee.

i woulnt want to spend my warframe days doign some pointles fighting if the spears cant be upgraded or enhanced in anyways, it wasnt that fun to use a spear in lesser enemies so until something new is added i wont be trying to be a dragoon anytime soon, even in monster hunter i think the spear is fun because you can float and use bullet jump but even so its sort of boring because the players can't unlock new attacks or abilities, which is weird because capcom is all about fighting games with no RPG elements street fighter V left me feeling hopeless because there was only one super attack or maybe two, which left out alot of mechanics and closed the doors for me, all the DLC of the game is mostly character costumes and survival items, with exeption of the awesome story line and quick way to relate to the characters, it needs rework badly as much as destiny and warframe could use, but like alot for combat to be interesting, back on topic i just ate something so i cant remember what i was typing about, but ! fishing spears would require some interesting to keep players fishing and fearless as fighters, spear stances, pole arm stances, and other adjustments and attacks, and passives to help make farming fun too!

11 hours ago, Glumlum said:

Title explains it. I was thinking about making it a melee weapon or maybe even a primary. We need to be able to upgrade it!

They already are. There's nothing stopping you from throwing them at the nearby Grineer. It's just that they do about 10 damage

10 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

planetary boss?

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20150611004230

tenor.gif?itemid=4899046

Utter defeat.