Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

come on, DE. enough is enough.

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

22 minutes ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

This just makes your argument look even weaker.

Not racist because you don't know slurs? LOL. That has nothing to with anything. Nice meme. I doubt you are innocent and this probably is not the first time.

It's not racist because it's the name of a common type of cat. And no, I have not heard the slur before. Sorry for living under a rock, I guess. Nice ad hominem, though.
What meme?
How can you possibly doubt my innocence?

7d66cbe096.jpg

Edited by (XB1)Erudite God
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

It's not racist because it's the name of a common type of cat. And no, I have not heard the slur before. Sorry for living under a rock, I guess.
What meme?

7d66cbe096.jpg

You should have opened the thread with this.

This is a lot more believable.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

It's not racist because it's the name of a common type of cat. And no, I have not heard the slur before. Sorry for living under a rock, I guess.
What meme?

7d66cbe096.jpg

I can link sound alike words to slurs but I would get banned, but anyway, I can't really argue a picture so I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt? This still seems like a meme to me

45 minutes ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

Do you honestly believe garbage like this? You clearly aren't familiar with online E-trolling, using similar names to say you aren't doing something you are. If you are in America and you haven't heard of this word, you been living under a rock. That is not excusable.

This just makes your argument look even weaker.

Not racist because you don't know slurs? LOL. That has nothing to with anything. Nice meme. I doubt you are innocent and this probably is not the first time.

Clearly here to flamebait/troll with nonsensical BS. I hope a mod comes here soon.

25 minutes ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

I can link sound alike words to slurs but I would get banned, but anyway, I can't really argue a picture so I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt? This still seems like a meme to me

sigh....

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

What does this mean?? 

Nothing, it's BS and trying to bait or whatever that person malicious goal is. It's so obvious, it hurts, lol. Just ignore that person.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Clearly here to flamebait/troll with nonsensical BS. I hope a mod comes here soon.

sigh....

Nothing, it's BS and trying to bait or whatever that person malicious goal is. It's so obvious, it hurts, lol. Just ignore that person.

So because you do not like me being incredulous I am a troll? You sound like a fun but naïve person. Keep believing everything you read on the internet with no proof.

Edited by (NSW)TeddyTalks

1 minute ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Okay. Lol. Cool story, bye. I'll let you figure out why youre wrong.

Passive aggressive and childish response, but you think you are in the right? I'll just leave you with this, ease up. It's ok to question people playing around censors. People does this all the time. If me questioning that bothers you, then maybe the internet is not right for you.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

Passive aggressive and childish response, but you think you are in the right? I'll just leave you with this, ease up. It's ok to question people playing around censors. People does this all the time. If me questioning that bothers you, then maybe the internet is not right for you.

Whatever helps you feel better.

This is a rated M game where we have people whose bodies are ripped apart and afterwards live in debt-slavery.  This isn't supposed to be a kid-friendly game, so why are we being forced to treat our conversations as if six year old kids are reading it?  These things are said all day, every day online, on TV, in movies, in music...there is no buffer from it anymore except to live on a raft in the middle of the ocean where no possibility of communication is possible.  The kickbot shouldn't even exist. If folks can't handle words, they don't need to be on the internet, period. This is getting a little too 1984 for me. Pretty soon, DE will have its own version of Newspeak that we will be forced to use in public chat areas because the kickbots are overly sensitive.  We have a profanity filter and we have the option to use it or not. If folks can't handle objectionable words, don't disable the profanity filter. Simple. Anything else, like "gay", "trap", "coon", etc...come the frell on, DE. Give us a break from your stupidity.

Edited by (PS4)Firebrandd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

This is a rated M game where we have people whose bodies are ripped apart and afterwards live in debt-slavery.  This isn't supposed to be a kid-friendly game, so why are we being forced to treat our conversations as if six year old kids are reading it?  These things are said all day, every day online, on TV, in movies, in music...there is no buffer from it anymore except to live on a raft in the middle of the ocean where no possibility of communication is possible.  The kickbot shouldn't even exist. If folks can't handle words, they don't need to be on the internet, period. This is getting a little too 1984 for me. Pretty soon, DE will have its own version of Newspeak that we will be forced to use in public chat areas because the kickbots are overly sensitive.  We have a profanity filter and we have the option to use it or not. If folks can't handle objectionable words, don't disable the profanity filter. Simple. Anything else, like "gay", "trap", "coon", etc...come the frell on, DE. Give us a break from your stupidity.

Because the world is making everybody weak, soft, sensitive, and offended by everything. I really hope thing;s change because if this keeps up, we'll kill ourselves off faster than we already are.

It's okay to be offended and hurt by thing's, but if my existence itself offends you, you are the problem, not me. (general statement)

3 hours ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

This is a rated M game

Could not be more irrelevant to how DE wants to run their chat feature in their game. Don't like their rules? Chat outside their game.

The kickbot shouldn't even exist. If folks can't handle words, they don't need to be on the internet, period.

The kickbot will stop existing when idiotic edgelords stop thinking the N-word is the bestest thing ever.

Anything else, like "gay", "trap", "coon", etc...come the frell on, DE. Give us a break from your stupidity.

Free the rest of us from your stupidity, thanks.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Please stop arguing like children. Stay on topic or you'll get my thread locked. 

Given there is literally nothing for the forums to do with your issue, it should have been locked ages ago. You will not get DE to comment in the thread and nobody else is empowered to to do anything about chat moderation except support, though their general idea is that 99% of the people whining about it are guilty so why reverse the chat ban and let the person think about what they did for a week.

11 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

See I get that, I really do, I just think it's very unreasonable to expect every person to automatically know that they should learn all the slur/slang out there. That's a ridiculous demand by DE. A point-based or strike-based system would be more appropriate, to avoid issues like these, and allow forgiveness to silly mistakes like this.

With the "learn the slang/slur" logic, then okay.....I'm going to make a word right now, and anyone who uses it, should know what it means, or else get banned. The word? Remdallahhimdoolay, and what does it mean? Idk, it's just very bad, it means bad things, dont use it or get banned.

See how ridiculous that is?

Blame the little kiddies that don't know how to control themselves, time and place and all that that they don't seem to understand.  The ones that know exactly what they are saying and try to be creative to get around the bots.   Then cry when it catches them.   Maybe innocent, maybe not.  But you can blame them, not DE.  

First.  Words have meaning and power.  What you just made is letters/noise.  However, if you attach a meaning to those letters/sounds and it becomes accepted, then it becomes a word.   And if others start using that word, and its meant  as a slur, it can eventually become one.   All slur's started somewhere, gained traction, and became what they are.   DE isn't just making them up themselves. 

If I were banned for something I said, and didn't know why, I'd research it.   After figuring it out, then I'd be like damn, thats dumb, but ok, guess in this setting I won't use that word.  If it were to happen again, I'd already know where to look so I'd waste less time.  Until someone can write a kickbot program that can understand alot better than current ones, it is what it is.   Feel free to write one if you can.   As it stands, parsing for specific words is about as good as its going to get.  If you do write it, you will be set for life.

Getting philosophical. I agree though, i have to admit, because I share the same understanding, maybe a bit different. I don't wanna get into philosophy too much because I'll never stop talking about it.

Anything we do, at any time at all, even if its simply just existing, puts energy/vibration out there, and will run into anything that exists, more or less. So yes, words do have power, more than some people like to believe. The pen really is mightier than the sword, especially when a few words can cause war.

Edited by IllogicalLogic420

7 hours ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

If folks can't handle words, they don't need to be on the internet, period.

Why should it be everyone else's responsibility for you to act like a mature individual?  Why can we not say that if people can't act responsibly and respectfully that they don't need to be on the internet?  Why just the internet?  Should you be allowed to go into a restaurant and start yelling slurs at the patrons there?