Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

come on, DE. enough is enough.

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

I just got insta-suspended for literally no reason. I have screenshots/clips to prove this. 

The last time I sent a ticket to DE about this, they told me that there was nothing they could do, and I had to go through a week of no chat at all, despite PROVING that I said nothing wrong. 

It would be really great if the kickbot/suspension/ticket system was reworked so I didn't have to make posts about this. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

I just got insta-suspended for literally no reason. I have screenshots/clips to prove this. 

Riiight.
That's what pretty much everyone says when they get hit with a ban.

Mind showing us what exactly you said/did to get banned?   Because otherwise its just another person claiming "I said nothing wrong..." when they actually did.
And honestly the number of times its been brought up as almost always shown that the person claiming innocence was in the wrong.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Riiight.
That's what pretty much everyone says when they get hit with a ban.

Mind showing us what exactly you said/did to get banned?   Because otherwise its just another person claiming "I said nothing wrong..." when they actually did.
And honestly the number of times its been brought up as almost always shown that the person claiming innocence was in the wrong.

People were talking about cats. I mentioned my favorite breed, the Maine Coon. That triggered Kickbot and now I can't chat at all with anyone for two weeks. maine-coon-cat-484757920.jpg

Edited by (XB1)Erudite God

1 hour ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

It's the name of a cat breed. Obviously I didn't mean it as the slur. I didn't even know it was a slur until after.

Know its a cat breed.   Though I am always suspicious of players that say they inadvertently use slurs.   Especially players that have had it happen more than once.   Innocent or trying to be cute, dunno.  Now you know its a slur if you didn't before.   Or if you were trying to be cute, you got caught.  

Wow, a lot of people proving themselves to be worse than OP by attacking, insulting, and coming at OP, assuming things.

This isn't a forum to attack people, if you don't believe OP, then go somewhere and move on. No need for your negative feedback on someone's post, let's keep this place clean and friendly.

I believe OP, because this happens way too often, to innocent people. OP doesn't need to prove anything to anyone other than DE. You're not entitled to proof from OP.

OP, don't let them bother you. People believe you, but it's human nature -it seems- that those who believe you, stay quiet, while the very small number of doubters have very loud mouths and make it seem like more people disbelieve you, than there actually are.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

"Did not even know that was a slur". 

This is topkek bait.

So back to reality, humans are far from perfect. It's ridiculous that DE expects us to magically know to look up slang/slurs so we don't accidentally use them. He clearly wasn't being racist, and shouldn't have been banned. This is one of many reasons why the kickbot system is heavily flawed and detrimental to the community. It needs a rework, yesterday.

And even if he did know, refer back to "humand are far from perfect" because honest accidents/mistakes....we ALL make them. But you don't see everyone being punished everywhere for those honest mistakes, do you? No. Unless you're THAT unlucky that you haven't seen otherwise.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

So back to reality, humans are far from perfect. It's ridiculous that DE expects us to magically know to look up slang/slurs so we don't accidentally use them. He clearly wasn't being racist, and shouldn't have been banned. This is one of many reasons why the kickbot system is heavily flawed and detrimental to the community. It needs a rework, yesterday.

And even if he did know, refer back to "humand are far from perfect" because honest accidents/mistakes....we ALL make them. But you don't see everyone being punished everywhere for those honest mistakes, do you? No. Unless you're THAT unlucky that you haven't seen otherwise.

Honest accidents/mistakes doesn't stop someone from incurring a penalty from that accident/mistake.   Don't know if he was innocent or not.  I don't know him, and only have his word to go by.   And by his own words, it isn't the first time, and he claimed innocence for the first time as well....  Sorry, but had to believe.   As a second time offender, be it bad luck or whatever, he might want to brush up on slurs to avoid them in future.   Doesn't take long and might save him some stress later if it wasn't intentional.

1 minute ago, _Vortus_ said:

Honest accidents/mistakes doesn't stop someone from incurring a penalty from that accident/mistake.   Don't know if he was innocent or not.  I don't know him, and only have his word to go by.   And by his own words, it isn't the first time, and he claimed innocence for the first time as well....  Sorry, but had to believe.   As a second time offender, be it bad luck or whatever, he might want to brush up on slurs to avoid them in future.   Doesn't take long and might save him some stress later if it wasn't intentional.

See I get that, I really do, I just think it's very unreasonable to expect every person to automatically know that they should learn all the slur/slang out there. That's a ridiculous demand by DE. A point-based or strike-based system would be more appropriate, to avoid issues like these, and allow forgiveness to silly mistakes like this.

With the "learn the slang/slur" logic, then okay.....I'm going to make a word right now, and anyone who uses it, should know what it means, or else get banned. The word? Remdallahhimdoolay, and what does it mean? Idk, it's just very bad, it means bad things, dont use it or get banned.

See how ridiculous that is?

15 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

And by his own words, it isn't the first time, and he claimed innocence for the first time as well....  Sorry, but had to believe.   

I had screenshots/proof which I sent to DE and was thoroughly ignored/disregarded by DE so I'm not going to waste my time again by sending another ticket. I am making this post because the same thing happened again - Kickbot suspended me by "accident" I said a no-no word but in an entirely appropriate, unoffensive context. The first time, it was because someone was spamming chat with random obnoxious garbage, and he said something like "tbh I'm gay guys, stop hatin" and I replied with "nobody cares that you're gay, just stop being annoying." Since I said "you're gay" I got suspended for two weeks. How is that fair? Is gay a bad word or not? Kickbot's "context detector" is tragically inept. There are so many harmless things that you can say that include "you're gay." What if a friend was just talking about their sexuality, and I remarked, "Oh, I didn't know that you're gay." Whether you get kicked for saying "gay" or not is basically arbitrary. There are certain ways of saying it that kickbot ignores, and certain ways that get you banned for weeks, and there is no way of learning the difference except by trial and error. It needs to be fixed.

If you can say "I'm gay" and not get banned, I should be able to say "There's a pretty Maine Coon that lives around my apartment complex" without getting banned. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite God

3 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Do you honestly believe garbage like this? You clearly aren't familiar with online E-trolling, using similar names to say you aren't doing something you are. If you are in America and you haven't heard of this word, you been living under a rock. That is not excusable.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

I'm not a racist so I'm not familiar with every obscure slur out there. 

This just makes your argument look even weaker.

Not racist because you don't know slurs? LOL. That has nothing to with anything. Nice meme. I doubt you are innocent and this probably is not the first time.