Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

8 minutes ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

IF they gave us a couple daily nitian/mod alerts and only reset our Nightwave level once we reach rank 30 instead of it being on a timer I think most people would be incredibly happy, and then you could easily skip the weekly's you didn't like or have some family time and not worry about loosing everything because you missed a few missions this week. Fun.

Kudos to you! Nightwave needs to be balanced. I agree bring back the fun.

3 hours ago, No1Eye said:

according to steve, to reach to rank 30 throughout the 10 weeks the challenges last, you have to be doing 60-65% of each week's challenges.

so, if you miss 1 week, you need to divide that lost week's 60-65% completion of challenges between the upcoming X weeks.

so, you need to do about 68-73% of each upcoming week's challenges in order for you to reach to max rank by the end of it, and that is if you only missed 1 week of it and this week in particular (which is the 2nd week).

i hope you won't miss another week man, don't be sick, don't work much, and for the love of god, do not even think of playing other games.

and these are our new system's enjoyments.

if we miss 1-2 weeks due to whatever reason, work, illness, or basically anything, be ready to grind the same things we have done already even more extensively,  in order to reach to the max rank of it, if you so wish and aim on the last tier's reward(s).

old alerts, you will be surely missed.

the alert poped up in the mobile app or in game and so forth, 5-10 minutes later, reward collected, done and done.

Isn't it if you don't spend your standing. I used it to get stuff and of course, it went down. Lol I'm building it back up.

4 hours ago, IcyFr0st said:

Guys, this roll-out is probably testing our grinding limits. 

Please don't do missions you'd otherwise avoid just to get Nightwave standing or Wolf Credits.

Do what you'd normally enjoy, ignore what you don't want to do, and let the chips fall.

If everyone grinds like mad on Nightwave 1, they'll have no reason to make future iterations easier.

You're right IcyFr0st. You're absolutely right. I'm not doing the crazy missions. Crazy for me at least. And, I've had the fugitives spawn on most of the missions I've run.

Nightwave is very cool. But it needs tweaked especially for solo players and they've mentioned that in one of the twitch streams.

4 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Well, to be honest I am hoping they would bring it back while keeping Nightwave seeing as how so many players are asking for the Alerts system back. Nightwave is something completely different and I don’t find it a replacement to the Alerts system. I just can’t see why both systems can’t be in the game. 

They just need to balance the darn thing!

3 hours ago, No1Eye said:

i am not doing this thing.

i've done all these things already in the past, i do not wanna be forced to do them all over again.

i want new content, not content leading me to the content i've already done many times over, with even more grind on top of it too.

i am not doing any of it, unless it is completed by total luck as i am doing the things i want in game.

hell, not even those who support the new system will be doing these things a while from now, simply coz they will be burned out even faster by doing so or whatever else reason, just wait and see.

Yeah, New Content. We need some new Tile sets. I believe I've seen some that I've never seen before. Anyway, they did mention new tiles, new factions and a different play style in one of the twitch streams. I'm pretty sure.

1 hour ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

I got back into a groove to play Warframe after a bit of a longer pause about a month or so ago, my sister also got back into playing with me half a month ago, we had some chill goals, did the Revenant quest and farmed him just before Nightwave dropped, but that update just really made us depressed.
We both suffer from mild completionist compulsive tendencies, it took us years to get in this game into a healthier mindset of not scouring through every corner because that way burn out lies.
Now the game threw this mountain in front of us.

So we just stopped completely playing. Been playing Deep Rock Galactic instead.
I hopped into the game I think yesterday only out of morbid curiosity to check on what the new weeklies/daylies were, and jumped back out in disgust.
I would hop back into the game out of normal curiosity to see how that melee 2.9whatever works out, but now I'm conflicted if I should just not support this.

Better to not support this with active hours, and also avoid that feeling of the tugging pressure the game will remind you off constantly about the limited time you have in doing all of these tasks.
I mean I'm also disturbed by how they put the obnoxiously large Nightwave Wolf of Saturn Six Series 1 banner in your pause menu in the bottom right and covering over in your navigation the extractor drone bottom right section. It's there constantly, taunting you about what you'll miss if you don't do your chores.

We both have supported the game over the years, both of us have bought at least 2 prime access packs (each), and plat here and there, and I think one or two of those steam packs back when we were new and they carried more value to us. This just puts me off of wanting to support this direction the game is going in, copying trends in the larger market.

I totally feel your pain. Ouch! What have they done. They should have made Nightwave like a quest. Have Nightwave but keep alerts in mind. 

On 2019-03-05 at 2:14 AM, SnuggleBuckets said:

A bit disappointed that with how DE-Bear framed his feedback topic with the three points (Survival, Friend & Ayatan) has most of the responses, critical or not, focused at those, at the expense of the other issues everyone has here expanded upon for days now.
Those are surface level symptoms, easy to patch out, but there are bigger problems that need to be reworked in order for Nightwave to feel complete (as has been written here by many), though still not be a good replacement for Alerts.

I agree and what are they going to do when Nightwave has run it's course.

On 2019-03-05 at 2:50 AM, Athizea said:

Yeah, I'm with you on that.
The voice actor is great, but all that vague non-related stuff over the comm that I get during missions? Not so much.
I guess they had to make it vague, so there are no spoilers for new players? But there's a lot to tell without spoilers, like, some Grineer/Corpus backstory trivia.
All in all, I'd prefer if she was a legit radio host with more stories and lines actually tied to the Warframe universe.

I agree, let's put in some more verbage. l like her voice but this repetition is getting old.

BTW I'd like to slap Ordis. Good grief man! Can't he say something else!

And the overall game. The enemies say the same thing over and over. 

On 2019-03-05 at 2:59 AM, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

I remember reading @[DE]Danielle’s comment from almost a week ago where she said that feedback should be posted in the official Nightwave thread which is this one made by DE Rebecca. That’s why I came to post my feedback here. DE Bear’s thread was posted only 10 hours ago. I really hope they’ve been reading the feedback we left in this thread because we were told to direct all our feedback here 😕 

And yet, it feels like they're not reading it or maybe they are and just rolling their eyes. Lol

On 2019-03-05 at 7:33 AM, Nyx219 said:

Ugh.

Give me a break. All I've seen so far is a couple radio rambles from someone with no backstory, a new foe who's spawning is totally random and no one I know has run across yet, and a trio of guys I have no backstory on that I need to capture at the end of missions. WHAT, pray-tell, kind of lore is that??

I agree. Let's get a backstory. Maybe add a quest to tie it in. And the verbage from everyone of the enemies. Let's get something added in. "What sort of Clem" and "Son of a gutra" is a little over done. Or whatever they are saying. And seriously. The Ortis stuff. And your TENNO. Stop saying "That was a close one" when there's nothing there. Lol. I know, you can turn off your TENNO and I don't hate it but geez.

On 2019-03-05 at 2:59 AM, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

I remember reading @[DE]Danielle’s comment from almost a week ago where she said that feedback should be posted in the official Nightwave thread which is this one made by DE Rebecca. That’s why I came to post my feedback here. DE Bear’s thread was posted only 10 hours ago. I really hope they’ve been reading the feedback we left in this thread because we were told to direct all our feedback here 😕 

But it would be a shock to me if they replied to this and addressed our concerns on this thread. POW! My mind would explode! LOL

On 2019-03-05 at 12:44 PM, Wrenzer said:

The more I play this the more I see whats wrong with it.

Newbies get locked out of some of the missions - Hydrolyst, sorties, survivals etc etc. Give them an alternate mission or give us the chance to reroll the elites.

Heroes of the storm learned this the hard way when all the vs AI people began queuing for pvp and pissed off the pvpers. - Dont dangle a reward in front of someone who isnt equipped to handle or feel comfortable doing it - they will do it because they feel forced to,and the people they group with might not be so forgiving of their lack of skills. 

Soloers get slapped in the face with friend and clan requirements

Long time players already have most of the rewards and prob will only be interested in the potatoes or maybe a skin?

Casuals will never be able to get enough tiers because they probably cant play daily or have restricted playtimes, maybe  6 hours one day, no hours or 1 hour the next etc etc. - The time gate and slow drip designed to keep people logging in everyday is hurting those who may have otherwise been able to complete everything if it werent set to a very tight schedule.

Players who are in the middle mastery, high enough skill and levels to not be considered a newbie, too low to be able to do the stuff in the expert weeklies so they wouldnt be able to hit tier 30 even if they had enough time.

I'd love to hit tier 30, I happen to qualify for a few of the issues mentioned above. I think I have enough time to do the tedious ones, but I dont have the skill level and play solo ( most of my clan is on vacation or have different play times as I do). At the rate I am able to finish the missions, I will be lucky to hit tier 25, despite probably having the time to grind stuff. I prefer to solo 99% of the time and use the auto group function for group activities. I'm also not skilled or geared up enough to take on Hydrolysts or the crazy marathon survival missions.

Not really enjoying nightwave at all.

Even though I think Nightwave is cool I agree with you. It is locked for newbies and solo Players. You can get a lot of standing but how are you going to reach that level if you're spending it?

On 2019-03-05 at 6:44 PM, Wrenzer said:

Newbies get locked out of some of the missions - Hydrolyst, sorties, survivals etc etc. Give them an alternate mission or give us the chance to reroll the elites.

That's a nice idea, implement an option to swap each "elite" challenge for 2 more weeklys, or a weekly and 2 daylies (to match the rep). That way no-life-try-hards veterans can have their challenge and beginners and casual players don't miss out on rep!

2 hours ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

You can get a lot of standing but how are you going to reach that level if you're spending it?

You don't spend nightwave standing, it just keeps accumulating and you collect the tier rewards as you reach them.  The only thing you can spend is the Wolf Cred (which you get 50 of at a time every few tiers) and have to spend before the event ends.

2 hours ago, TheFBD said:

That's a nice idea, implement an option to swap each "elite" challenge for 2 more weeklys, or a weekly and 2 daylies (to match the rep). That way no-life-try-hards veterans can have their challenge and beginners and casual players don't miss out on rep!

That trivializes the whole concept of having "elite" challenges.  I'm MR 14 and relatively new to the game.  So far, I've been able to do about half of the 'elite' challenges, and with some effort, probably could have done most or all of them.  I don't think it is reasonable for me to expect to obtain all the same rewards that high level veterans can achieve in a system like this, especially in the first round.  Players should experience a feeling of progression as they advance in the game so that completing things like elite challenges become achievable, and then you reap the rewards for them.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Dr_Bruiser said:

You don't spend nightwave standing, it just keeps accumulating and you collect the tier rewards as you reach them.  The only thing you can spend is the Wolf Cred (which you get 50 of at a time every few tiers) and have to spend before the event ends.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me

19 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Give it some time. It might work out.

I can't believe how they didn't understand that Alerts made the game look alive and were a meeting point for all kinds of players.
Well... Maybe not the super nerds, but who cares about them? 🤭

Since this update is oriented toward new players having easier and reliable ways of getting things from alerts why not:

PUT AURAS INTO JUNCTIONS REWARDS

100% reliable, beginner friendly

And keep it in nightwave if you want ( somebody might want duplicates).

I really think it's the best solution concerning at least auras

1 hour ago, KroneVanguard said:
I can't believe how they didn't understand that Alerts made the game look alive and were a meeting point for all kinds of players.

I don't understand that either. When an alert popped up you could grab your friends and run it. Maybe they wanted to stop giving out the freebies and make you really work for it, especially the Nitain which we all looked forward to getting. I loved getting the other stuff too. If you gotta work to get the goodies it's like Blah ... There's just so many other things to do and a quick run felt like a reward.

1 hour ago, KroneVanguard said:

That's what is so fascinating about this whole thing.  Almost everyone who has actually PLAYED the game knows about the benefits of alerts, despite the obvious improvements that could still be made to them.

If the majority of the feedback they hear is from their most diehard fans from their streams and forums, and they latch onto some remark from a player with over 3k hours who says "alerts are useless", then it makes sense as to why they couldn't see this coming.  Either they forgot about a huge portion of their playerbase, or they are deliberately catering to the more niche players and ignoring the rest of us.

I can see how it's difficult to get a read on the community a lot of the time, especially given how varied it is, but I'm not sure if I've seen such lack of awareness from DE before.

We rarely agree on the details or minutia, but when this many people sincerely want alerts back, I think it's safe to say you done goofed.

Think 'big picture' DE.  Not just what the most vocal amongst us say.

1 hour ago, Emposteel said:

Since this update is oriented toward new players having easier and reliable ways of getting things from alerts why not:

PUT AURAS INTO JUNCTIONS REWARDS

100% reliable, beginner friendly

And keep it in nightwave if you want ( somebody might want duplicates).

I really think it's the best solution concerning at least auras

The auras were extremely important to me when I was a newbie. Heck, there's still some I don't have and wish I had. I'm not going to pay plat for them though.

4 minutes ago, PR0JAX said:

That's what is so fascinating about this whole thing.  Almost everyone who has actually PLAYED the game knows about the benefits of alerts, despite the obvious improvements that could still be made to them.

If the majority of the feedback they hear is from their most diehard fans from their streams and forums, and they latch onto some remark from a player with over 3k hours who says "alerts are useless", then it makes sense as to why they couldn't see this coming.  Either they forgot about a huge portion of their playerbase, or they are deliberately catering to the more niche players and ignoring the rest of us.

I can see how it's difficult to get a read on the community a lot of the time, especially given how varied it is, but I'm not sure if I've seen such lack of awareness from DE before.

We rarely agree on the details or minutia, but when this many people sincerely want alerts back, I think it's safe to say you done goofed.

Think 'big picture' DE.  Not just what the most vocal amongst us say.

That's what kills me. They listen to the elite players who have forgotten what it was like when they started.

One of them stated he could start over and be perfectly fine. He already knows and has experienced everything about it! Erase your memory then let's see.

Yeah, I played it years ago on the PC then later on the Xbox and finally to the PS4. Yeah, I already knew how to play so starting over wasn't hard. 

Personally I love it. I could eat, drink and sleep Warframe. I was always excited when they brought something new to the game.

But removing the Alerts made me choke. They're always making adjustments like nerfing a weapon or Warframe and that was because of the elite exploiting it. I never got to do it. They're just a hundred times better than me. Those guys are always going to find a way to expoit a weekness.

Our voice doesn't count. This forum proves that.

Archived