Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

14 minutes ago, Morelle said:

These prices are created by the players. As long as there a buyer - the price will stay.

What should DE do? Say "DO NOT buy the hammer if the price exceeds 500 plat"? Limit the plat available for purchase in a course of a month? And what's next - Nora reminding you to drink water so you wouldn't die?

That's true of course. But limiting the time things are availabe - and at the same time making them very hard to get - artifically drives up prices. Simple supply and demand. If you're in control of the supply and can force the demand with a time limit and you're the one owning the necessary currency... just saying...

Coincidentally the same thing happened to ayatan sculptures when that challenge appeared. Plat prices doubled within minutes. Shamed be he who thinks evil of it.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

its not on switch yet so idk but i have seen people say

This speaks for itself.

"The Earth is flat", "The End is nigh", "Your mom's a *insert what people say here*"

People also tend to draw penises on fences.

1 minute ago, TheFBD said:

But limiting the time things are available - and at the same time making them very hard to get - artificially drives up prices

I've missed the time Steve said that the Wolf Sledge will be only obtainable during 10 weeks and never comes back again, didn't I?

Also imagine a situation where Wolf Sledge parts can not be traded. Now imagine a S#&$storm here. No win.

Now imagine Wolf being very easy to summon. Imagine him being called a gimmick/another grindfest. No win.

A pointless piece of discussion so far. We can shorten it: what's your thought about brothels? Same concept - pay to get a reward that means nothing the next day 😃

8 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

Coincidentally the same thing happened to ayatan sculptures when that challenge appeared. Plat prices doubled within minutes.

That's on people themselves - you can't get EVERYTHING at once and sometimes you shouldn't.

And the dudes who ramped up prices are just a-holes.

2 hours ago, Morelle said:

Now they have it solo! Just 5 times! (results in a 2,5 hours of active gameplay anyway)

Oh come on. Active gameplay? Try to look at it from the perspective of people who can't play every day this week. At least with most of the other elite weeklies anyone could attempt and finish them within a single day, if they had the skill and the frames for it. The two I've complained about the most since they launched it were this 5 sortie one and the 10 syndicate alerts, for the very same reason, since they require days to complete. I was actually OK with the friend/clanmate ones, but again, I can see there are many who want to stay solo and that way of playing should remain valid and respected. Of course they can friend someone and promptly delete them, but why should they have to do that?

It's Warframe, not Choreframe!

In case you can't tell I'm very unimpressed with nightwave. You've taken a game where I could work towards my own objectives at my own pace and replaced it with a list of chores with deadlines, that's far too much like a job for a recreational activity.

I'm in the gap between rank 6 and rank 12 where there are no wolf cred rewards and I'm looking to get hold of Steel Charge. So it looks like I'll buy that with platinum, grind up just enough to buy some niatin and not bother with the rest of it.

The concept of nightwave isn't bad but the execution has resulted in chore like gameplay that is really turning me off of the game. If you took out all of the cosmetic rewards and replaced them with wolf creds then you'd have a good system, at the moment I'm having to grind to get things I don't want or care about to get in to a position where I can get hold of the things I do want.

I won't be buying the tennocon tickets or any more platinum while nightwave continues in this state.

12 minutes ago, AltheusV said:

I'm in the gap between rank 6 and rank 12 where there are no wolf cred rewards and I'm looking to get hold of Steel Charge. So it looks like I'll buy that with platinum, grind up just enough to buy some niatin and not bother with the rest of it. 

Well said on all of it (not just what I quoted).

Seeing how many are still repeating the line that "complainers" are just sour that they can't quickly and easily get rewards they feel entitled to, even umbral formas that they laugh that new players won't even know the meaning of but still want it (I see those topics in the general forum still), I feel the need to repeat a bit I said earlier, while expanding upon it.

On 2019-03-11 at 7:00 PM, SnuggleBuckets said:

It's not that everyone is criticising not having access to every toy immediately and think new and casuals should have the same "elite" rewards, but that how it is built currently, the linear 30 tiers, require new & casual players to get to the same place elitists want to achieve in the same limited 10ish week time frame, just so that they can have enough of the already limited creds for their expensive offerings, that do nothing for the elitists who already have everything offered there and have much less use for those creds locked behind tiers, and prestige ranks that need you to go above and beyond the 30 tiers, to gain more creds, to buy the things that are more useful to new players and casuals.
(This is the big conflicting balance of the entire system that is pulling it in two complete opposite directions, advertised as a system friendly to people with lives and new players who need reliable access to aura mods, nitain etc, but then make them work even harder than the people who are gatekeeping with "git gud" and "entitled" rhetoric and how new players and casuals don't deserve elite rewards, while ignoring the foundational cred issues.)

heres an idea DE bring back alerts and take out nightwave  FOR NOW until you can balance it because it really caters to the partners and the try hards and is very anti casual and anti new player and find a balance where nightwave AND alerts can exist in the game

also find it very funny how day oners where like yes new content thank you DE then two weeks later operation buried depts dropped and look new content so why put nightwave in in the first place Switch has 5 years of content to do which alerts helped space it out why bring out nightwave when you had a big update coming two weeks later again we didn't NEED nightwave

26 minutes ago, AltheusV said:

It's Warframe, not Choreframe!

In case you can't tell I'm very unimpressed with nightwave. You've taken a game where I could work towards my own objectives at my own pace and replaced it with a list of chores with deadlines, that's far too much like a job for a recreational activity.

The concept of nightwave isn't bad but the execution has resulted in chore like gameplay that is really turning me off of the game. If you took out all of the cosmetic rewards and replaced them with wolf creds then you'd have a good system, at the moment I'm having to grind to get things I don't want or care about to get in to a position where I can get hold of the things I do want.

I won't be buying the tennocon tickets or any more platinum while nightwave continues in this state.

It doesn't really solve the problem, but if you contact me ingame, i have a 'steel charge' you can have, i'll help you even if DE won't 🙂

All of those useless cosmetic-giving ranks (12 to be exact) could have atleast a little amount of creds as attachment. Actually, each rank could have a number of rewards for us to choose. Choreframe. Vauban, helmets, nitain and auras was behind 5 min alerts, now its locked behind hours of chores. It was fun when you saw a direct reward and only you had to decide - take it or not. Now its less fun because there was screwed in extra steps like challanges with shedules and deadlines. The fact that all those helmets and weapon skins stay in the same line for the same currency with Orokin Reactor & Catalyst is oppressive. Imagine an Invasion with helmet on the one side and Orokin Reactor on another. Two systems could exist along. Now its a dead space. I couldn't even imagine which cat in the bag DE held for us when they raised up % chance of kavat gen to get. Chores chores chores, you know who loves it? chines and koreans mmo-player base, maybe this system was meant exclusivly for them?

Melee s u c k s. There is no option to turn back the old system, if you go to chat and ask how to do this people tell that you can turn "melee with fire", but its not even close to be a solution, after that they tell "you don't need it, new system is better, you now can switch automatically". Like it wasnt automatically before??? That pisses me off. Now melee just working with a full-combo EVERY BLOODY TIME, with all of those unsatisfying spins and attacks with held positions. No gliding with block anymore.

I can't properly switch to the operator while holding harpoon. I don't even remember was it worked before the update I just have the feel that if something work properly you just enjoy it - the joy slides lubely lovely directly into your mind. Now you have to switch to weapon, then to the operator, to frame and back again to the harpoon after killing foes which disrupted you. Its not a quetion of dangerous enemies, so the advice to use a more tankier frame is not an option at all - its the quetion of fishing in calmness, quite, tranquility.

Nora literally insulting with her quotes, like when you've done all chores there is always more and more and more. Shut this chick down. I hope after this nonsense ends we could choose, like in the previous quests "dark, white and neutral path" to hunt this radio-girl and beat her to the death. Neutral way could be, eh, we could be friendly with her but at the same time bring a radio-beacon to her house so Wolf of Saturn 6 could come to her perch and meet his hammer with Nora-Night.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

Try to look at it from the perspective of people who can't play every day this week.

I, personally, can't play for 5-6 months a year. Should we look on this from my perspective? 😃

The two I've complained about the most since they launched it were this 5 sortie one and the 10 syndicate alerts, for the very same reason, since they require days to complete.

That's because they have a word "Weekly" in them, perhaps? Just a wild guess.

I can see there are many who want to stay solo and that way of playing should remain valid and respected.

Is it not right now? Never saw my client crash with a textbox [YOUR SOLO PLAY TIME FOR THIS WEEK IS UP]

I mean - yeah, there was a challenge that could not be done solo. If that proved to be an ACTUAL challenge for somebody - they need to rethink their life.

hey heres a great idea if you refuse to fix the mistake you have made heres a solution add rewards to syndicate missions like the old alerts and the higher you get int he standing for your syndicate the better rewards you can get for clearing those missions it would get people a reason to actually do those missions the only reason i joined one was the riven mod i got from the war within quest and i dont really do those missions after that if say i go to that tab and hey i can get 50 oxium and standing for my syndicate im doing that mission okium is a must have so yeah i'd do it and the higher up and harder they get the greater the reward just my thoughts since you wont fix your mistake

...Could everyone keep their observations about each other to themselves and maintain a productive conversation? Like adult people we all are? Please?

[this post was made after the discussion here got personal, and a kind moderator cleaned it all up already]

So, about the Wolf himself. I've met him twice, both times during the first two days of the Nightwave. He dropped the Sledge bp and some mod. Then, nothing (and I did a ton of Helene runs this weekend). I like the idea of meeting him not being RNG-based (this whole system was advertised as reliable, remember? 😄).
Coordinates are a bit old, considering we already have Alad V, Orokin Derelict and all that jazz with Lephantis, but maybe something like "capture prisoners 3 times and track him down on a random planet" could be implemented?

I've also noticed that the prisoners spawn a bit more rarely. Perhaps it's just me, but I've encountered them in, like, every other mission during the first week, now they don't appear quite as frequently in the usual nodes, though there's a good chance of meeting them in PoE or OV. What's your experience?

4 minutes ago, Athizea said:

maybe something like "capture prisoners 3 times and track him down on a random planet" could be implemented?

Made a suggestion on this one, but I've probably told something else along the lines, so let's repeat:

Capture X prisoners and track him is fine. I can't really say anything against that, yet I'd like it to be more complex.

Still, Spawn Scenarios:

1. Capture prisoners to get an indirect/direct beacon.

- that's your idea so you're the one developing it;

2. Spawn on a specific/random planet in a specific/random mission type (like Acolytes, but with a pinch of Juggernaut)

- so he starts roaming the planet and you get notified about it (we could go without notifications, but the chat will be on fire constantly), you go there, you do the missions, yet he still has some chance to spawn. Fixed chance for non-endless missions (assassin mechanics, but I'd start with 30%-ish? May be too high), endless missions - Manic/Sentient mechanics, progressively growing chance with a 100%(or something really high, like 80%) spawn after, let's say, 40 minutes. I could go with an hour but nobody deserves that amount of wait except for John Prodman.

For the regular missions I'd suggest a minigame of sorts (chase down a specific spawned enemy(which knows where on the map the Wolf is), hack X consoles in Y amount of time (to cut off his escape routes and then just smoke him out like you'd do with an Acolyte), defend a newly spawned objective (so he would lose his patience and came after it himself) - etc).

You could make it more brutal and strap a random timer in spy missions (the Wolf is here, you have Z minutes to get the data or he gets it first).

For endless missions - he just waltzes in at some point with Adrew WK "Ready To Die" blasting through your "Higly Secure Tenno Channel"™.

3. Tracking mechanics, Symaris style.

- pretty self explanatory, you look for folks, scan/capture them (perhaps under certain conditions) - you get the node to hunt on. Done daily/every other day/weekly/on Saturdays, you get it.

Something like that, for starters.

12 minutes ago, Morelle said:

2. Spawn on a specific/random planet in a specific/random mission type (like Acolytes, but with a pinch of Juggernaut)

Interesting, though a bit too... Complex in development? They have a lot of stuff to fix on top of that.

He also takes a ridiculous amount of time to kill (both times I've met him, it was on Helene, and it was a huge pain for all of us, who happened to bring their worst MR fodder for the mission), so maybe they could tweak something there too.

3 minutes ago, Athizea said:

happened to bring their worst MR fodder for the mission

On my memory - that was pretty much a condition to meet a Stalker 😃

I think your cumulative weapon level affects this, too many coincidences.

5 minutes ago, Athizea said:

Complex in development?

I tried to operate with the already existing assets and mechanics. We already have Acolytes, mission type swap (like if you do spy and hack all consoles (or more than some %, I don't recall) - you get Exterminate mission instead. Why not change to assassination?), time gate for missions (some reactor sabotage missions with "core integrity compromised").

One idea brings to another. It's like composing music - you can get random 2 bars and then develop a song from them.

1 minute ago, Morelle said:

that was pretty much a condition to meet a Stalker 😃

This guy, on the other hand, spawns a lot lately! Can't really contribute to your theory, because there were many times we were in our best gear when we've met him.

8 minutes ago, Morelle said:

I tried to operate with the already existing assets and mechanics. We already have Acolytes, mission type swap (like if you do spy and hack all consoles (or more than some %, I don't recall) - you get Exterminate mission instead. Why not change to assassination?), time gate for missions (some reactor sabotage missions with "core integrity compromised").

That might work, actually. But I guess we'll have to wait and see what DE does with that.

Archived