Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

13 hours ago, Highlord83 said:

I have to say I dislike how Nightwave works, it's far too grindy. I have no interest in the emotes or sigils, nor the armor. The forma packs, nitan, umbra forma and such? Love to get to them.  Too bad I have to do what amounts to a glorified standing grind on a timer that takes place mostly during the workweek.

If the returns on completing tasks were greater, the costs lower, and I had the ability to choose what I gained without some stupid leveling system based on spending 3+ hours a day grinding, I'd be fine with it. Too bad DE keeps building things to the specifications demanded by people with whole days to blow on gaming.

I hear you. We have lives that take up a lot of our time 

What really kills me about some players is they've resorted to name calling. We are all talking about the game but for some reason they feel that calling people with another point of view a name makes them look good. 

Here's some facts:

A new player doesn't need the cosmetics either. They're cool (kinda). The Slots are very important. After all, where are they going to put those new Warframes and weapons they get. Giving away a free weapon or two makes the game fun and draws the player in deeper. It's a weapon that advanced players wouldn't be caught Dead playing with so what's the harm in giving it away? A new player may need the Nitain to build some newer Frames but the next item needed are the Catalysts and Reactors which allows space for more mod space.

Forma isn't needed yet either and really isn't necessary for everything even for endgame depending on your skills. It just let's you have the ability to create a more powerful Frame or weapon. In my opinion, forma should be the item highly sought after and cost the most.

You have to get the Frame or weapon to level 30 before you can even apply a forma. Applying a forma resets the Frame or weapon back to the beginning, Almost. I say almost because you retain some variance of it's former self. Albeit small you still have to grind to get it back to it's previous level of 30. Applying another forma is a "Rinse and Repeat." 

The Auras slot is an important mod slot for a Warframe. Aura mods mostly dropped from the Alerts but some drop from the Nox and the Silver Grove Specters. They benefit the players and squads but they also increase the Warframe's mod capacity.

Almost every enemy has a chance to drop common, uncommon and rare mods.

Stance mods increase the melee weapon mod capacity and unlock attack combos. They're just for melee weapons.

The first mods a player gets are flawed. It a weak version. I suggest you never level them up as you will get better mods soon after and it's a waste of your credits and Endo. Endo is highly prized.

Then there's the Exilus slot for the Warframe which has to be unlocked by an adapter. The Frame has to be level 30 before you can apply it. Augment mods are unique and can help with mobility among other things.

Nightmare mods have dual stats but can only be obtained from a nightmare mission. Nightmare missions are, as you expect it, more difficult and can be for an example, "No Shields" which is perfect for Nidus as he doesn't have or use Shields.

Corrupted mods are obtained from the Orokin Derelict. There's a special vault that you will have to find. But you have have a Dragon key equipped. The blueprints for Dragon keys are obtained from the Dojo. Each Dragon key has a negative effect on the Warframe's abilities. Corrupted mods have both a positive and a negative effect.

Augment mods come from syndicates. These are for Specific Warframes or weapons and can make a real difference in your game play.

Conclave mods come from conclave PVP matches.

Prime mods are highly sought after and they are greater versions. They are obtained from Baro Ki'Teer and are purchased with credits and Ducat. Ducat is obtained from the Ducat kiosk. You can only get Ducat from trading your unused Prime Blueprints and Parts. 

Prime Fury, Prime Vigor and Prime Shred come from your 200th, 400th and 600th day log in.

And there's the highly sought after Riven Mods which come from Sorties. These Mods can make a Huge difference in your game play.

An Umbra forma is what a lot of players really wanted to see but they're really not a game changer, yet. So except for the advanced player that's really not going to be a priority.

Obtaining almost everything in Warframe's a grind. So where's the harm in giving the crumbs away? New players NEVER asked for the good stuff to fall in their laps but they need a place to start.

Some Advanced and Elite players forget their place. They forget where they came from and the how hard it was to get there. Some will say "It's easy." But of course it is, to them. They forget, we aren't them.

2 hours ago, THE_ZEEK said:

SO why do you think that is the way it is..?

This game has no progression after you reach MR 15 .. you have played it all, mastered it all.. thats when more difficult content should be available. A natural progression to keep the better players more engaged and to be able to keep learning and developing skills. If you dont keep challenging players of any level your game will die out eventually. Why? the people that think or feel they mastered the game get bored. And they move on.. So i ask you.. what future does a game have when there is no progression for older more advanced players.. at one point all the newbies will have played the game and we are left with a tailored for beginners game with a large chunk of advanced players. 

I agree that beginning players should have the most important basics to them available.. some (!) aura mods, as you'll need to learn how to farm relics, trade and make plat as well so you will be able to buy better aura mods, learn how to farm resources, knowing where to farm resources. Why is it that the older players have plat? as they learned to PLAY the game, there are veterans out there that are casual players and that still rock anyones pants of as they grasp the game and its mechanics. but then again  all info is available on the WIKI  how difficult is it to just open the page, type what you need and then do that mission?

Would it just not be great and reach MR 15 and have the idea you didnt reach a void of content, but that you could progress even more?

There are hints of an extra star system coming and i really don't hope that that will start at LVL 5-10 but gives players a reason to stay in game and keep doing what they l;ike, progressing their gameplay and skills.

The new missions that droppped today and i must say since the launch of vallis have been a reason for players to keep playing. the missions like arbitrations and offered on the vallis finally have some more punch to them than playing the star map..

To all the people who don't really understand what having skills is or to be a veteran player, i would like to ask.. please play ONLY earth missions for a week..  Thats when you'll be feeling like a veteran.. and how they have been feeling since a very long time..

I see both sides of the coin. I agree, there should be more content for the advanced players. Yes, make it New and Exciting. Keep older players engaged! It should be a difficult mountain to climb but doable. A real sense of achievement. We need them.

I fought the wolf solo. I would have defeated him but the level timed out. Darn! It was pretty cool. I was literally sweating! I was playing as hard as I could! Whew! I'm glad the rest of the game isn't like that.

I also see the need to draw the new players in. Giving them scaps never hurt anyone.

You said there's no progression past MR15. I totally disagree. I'm MR19 ready to take the MR20 test.

You're obviously a WAY, WAY, WAY better player than me. And if you're playing with friends I can understand what you are saying.

I play solo. For a lot of reasons. Would I play with others? Yes! And I have a couple of times. But Finding a good team or even a good mentor is hard. At least it is for me. Every time I got in with good players they split. Perhaps it's because I stink at the game. If I get in with newbies they look at me to lead. Noooooo, I suck.  Friending? Not my thing. They never respond. They're playing different games or something OR it's a whole thing playing with me. 

I love Warframe. It is Awesome. I welcome Nightwave and I hope they bring in some real challenges for the advanced players. But even though I'm MR19, I earned it, I'm nowhere near done. I haven't mastered the Archwings nor have I cleared all the planets. If I played the Archwing missions with you, you would RAGE quit. LOL!!!

Good for you that you think it's easy. I wish I did. I still haven't been able to beat the Teralyst on my own. Someday, maybe ..  

On the subject of the sculptures: I've found it not that hard to find them if you're looking. I've easily found 3 in one day. But that's me and I'm not you. Some players fly from point A to point B as fast as they can. Perhaps they are racing their friends. Or maybe they are just after that final goal. I've even seen that on some syndicate missions. Wait, What? You didn't find any medallions? Ok speedy.

In any case, take it easy. Nobody's going to steal your game. Look around, check every nook and cranny. Use the mods that'll help. You may just be surprised.

I think we will see something interesting this weekend / the coming week. Many people praising Nightwaves will now realize that hey, this is not a new cinematic quest to play through once, this is an ongoing thing. It will keep on going during this double affinity weekend. Wanted to rank up some new weapons or put forma in warframes? Well, you can do it, additionally to the nightwave farm. Want to do the orb vallis coolant thing farm? Sure, right after you finished your elite challenges that may take yet another hour. And this will go on. Next 2 weekends are double ressource and double credit weekends. If you want to "make use" of them, you can't simply abandon Nightwaves because you will fall back and never be able to catch up.

Dunno if this the right place for this feedback, but: Was trying to do the two 1 hour survival challenges at the same time. Made it the full 60, was making my way to the extraction, hit by host migration just before hitting the extraction zone. Only got the one challenge for the Kuva without support pods because of course I was alone then. 

Two thumbs down for these challenges. Do not appreciate being trolled out of an hour. 

35 minutes ago, (XB1)FOCHOCLTstrfish said:

FIX THIS STUPID SURVIVAL WITH FRIENDS CHALLENGE ALREADY!!!

Easiest solution is to just not bother, got to 40odd minutes on my first and only attempt just for someone to reload a little to close and ruin the challenge, not their fault DE should be fixing their S#&$ before giving us new....

So take it the Dev's don't care to respond at all to anybody and we aren't going to see a return of Alerts? Good going DE, this game is getting more boring each day without them(and the fun little affinity bonuses we had on each mission) I never cared todo my chores so don't expect me to put up with Nightwave for much longer as the possibility of having all that work reset just doesn't tickle that reptilian spot for me and means I will simply just do something else, non Warframe related.

Quests is where you should of really been at, not rehashing old content making it more of a grind to get the same stuff.

Anyway I'm sure you will never back down to players, why set a precedent like that enjoy the fountain while it lasts I can see a lot more silent voices walking away as well, I know my friends already have, and I am nearly their now, games empty and I have nothing left todo.

DE, congrats for destroying Alert system which worked well and had meaning even after all those years. Whatever has meaning ends destoyed by dumb things like Nightwave is. Should have been separate activity, not replacement of another system. Keep replacing one thing with another, Warframe people want is rich on things to do, but I understand Bethesda's mentality must have got you - "Simplify everything, reduce number of things to do, reduce options player has to do".

Warframe is heading into Abyss of Boredom, and that's a fact no one from devs see or lie to themselves it's not true. Success blinds everyone, sad truth.

51 minutes ago, CoreXCZ said:

DE, congrats for destroying Alert system which worked well and had meaning even after all those years. Whatever has meaning ends destoyed by dumb things like Nightwave is. Should have been separate activy, not replacement of another system. Keep replacing one thing with another, Warframe people want is rich on things to do, but I understand Bethesda's mentality must have got you - "Simplify everything, reduce number of things to do, reduce options player has to do".

Warframe is heading into Abyss of Boredom, and that's a fact no one from devs see or lie to themselves it's not true. Success blinds everyone, sad truth.

Warframe will lose alot of players by the end of the year why break whats not broken and give us something no one asked for well said

I was thinking a lot on how to feel about the Nightwave series and I guess it is better than the old alert system was. Not sure why many here are complaining about it that deeply. It is not that bad...

It is pretty easy to get warframe and weapon slots, even formas too before you reach level 10. It is achievable for new players very easily I believe... To get there, the system is introducing for them many more aspects of the gameplay, not just simple rush to capture or sabotage something. It also means that by the time you get there, you can already afford a potato and maybe some cosmetics too.The tasks are diverse, and yes, in their tediousness too on higher levels for sure.

But if you don't need the big rewards at the end, you don't need to do the respective elite tasks at all. I think all the complaints can be derived back to the nature that we want everything and once something new gets introduced for bigger efforts in return, we just curse, like any human.
Nightwave gives us much more rewards. Of course for much more effort if you want the good ones at the end of the list. But only if you want to make that effort. It forces you to do nothing.
Personally I don't like doing 60 minutes survivals and riven - like challenges. I'm simply skipping them and doing something else... Maybe next time when I had enough beer and I don't care about end-list items.

So it not just offering more reward without big efforts, but better introduces the game for new players in some sort of way. I can imagine someone turning to the wiki or the recruit channel more often if he / she wants to complete these tasks. I like what DE is trying to achieve with this new system and no matter what you say, the old one was pretty simple and blunt. This one gives you more layers you just have to find the one that fits for you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not flattering DE, becasue the latest stuff they introduced are pretty - pretty - pretty grindy, but it does not destroy the Warframe feeling at all imho. I'm also hoping that the soothsayers here won't be right on long term and people start seeing long term efforts from DE in changes like these. Gosh...Just think about the content we already have...

54 minutes ago, RatataBanana said:

Not sure why many here are complaining about it that deeply. It is not that bad...

You could try reading, that could possibly illuminate the issue for you on why people are complaining.

55 minutes ago, RatataBanana said:

It is achievable for new players very easily I believe...

False, as you'd know if you'd think about it some more and read about the extensive criticisms people have made here for over a week now.

55 minutes ago, RatataBanana said:

I think all the complaints can be derived back to the nature that we want everything and once something new gets introduced for bigger efforts in return, we just curse, like any human.

You haven't read any of the content in this topic, have you?
How about you read before speculating out of your armchair and accusing everyone you disagree with of wanting everything.

1 hour ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

How about you read before speculating out of your armchair and accusing everyone you disagree with of wanting everything.

I did read before I commented. I'm not accusing anyone for anything, Apologies if it felt like that, did not mean harm. I strongly believe in what I said.
Again: I'm not saying it is perfect, but it is much better than it was imho. If DE finds any of the feedback comments valid, I'm sure they will touch it.

I also don't have an armchair, please stop speculating too out of the 'thing' you are sitting in. 🙂

59 minutes ago, RatataBanana said:

I did read before I commented. I'm not accusing anyone for anything, Apologies if it felt like that, did not mean no harm. I strongly believe in what I said.
Again: I'm not saying it is perfect, but it is much better than it was imho. If DE finds any of the feedback comments valid, I'm sure they will touch it.

I also don't have an armchair, please stop speculating too out of the 'thing' you are sitting in. 🙂

Double negative and actually means that you did mean harm, just pointing that out for you 😉

Its so great seeing there is all these people who think they know how I feel saying I hate this system and wont play by the end of the year.

I love this system and this will not stop me from playing, yes I think it still needs some tweaking to the challenges but outside of that i think its great, its giving me reasons to play. up till this set started I used to log in decide if I wanted to do the sortie if not log out, most of the content was boring or had little interest to me.

It also amuses me seeing all the people going "I don't have a clan or friends for the challenges" I remember when Warframe was marketed as a coop game, and last I knew coop meant with other people including friends but apparently people don't seem to understand what that means.

Before anything goes I don't know what I'm talking about cause lets face it someone will, I am MR 26 a few thousand hours spent playing the game over the last few years. I know Mastery Rank means nothing these days as I have seen mr25-26 with 300 hours who die to even basic level 30 mobs but though all the time I have played the old alert system was one thing I found frustrating having to be on at the right time to get what I wanted now I can play as much as I like to get what I want when I want it.

Thanks DE for this system and hope there is more lore linked to this.

On 2019-02-27 at 11:21 PM, Enialyx said:

A simple Nitain calculation:

1) New players will require 162 Nitain for all equipment, sans guild research.
2) This means 162 x 15 = 1980 Wolf credits.
3) At a rate of ~50 Wolf cred per week with casual play, this means 40 weeks. 

So basically a year buying only Nitain. Zero reactors & catalysts.

EDIT: The Nitain comes in 5 Nitain pack. So instead 162 / 5 * 15 = 486 Wolf cred.
All Nitain gathered in about 2,5 months, at a rate of 50 Wolf creds / week.

So bascially faster than before? Asuming you get 1 each day (old system).

But can you still do one of the bounties on Fortuna and get a chance to get nitain extract?

Havent really made of my mind if old or new is better when it comes to nitain and aura mods that was only on alert before.

In the end DE needs to make some money so I understand you cant expect to get everything for "free" (getting both nitain, aura and catalyst and reactors).

5 minutes ago, Rallarman said:

So bascially faster than before?

You can get 300 Wolf credits every 10 weeks if you don't prestige Nightwave reputation (go all the way up to 30 and back to 1). The calculations above don't take into account that we can get Wolf creds on lvls 3, 6, 12, 16, 20 and 24, which can be difficult for a new player to achieve every week.

Nitain and auras cannot be bought from the market, so it doesn't really make any money for DE.

22 minutes ago, Athizea said:

You can get 300 Wolf credits every 10 weeks if you don't prestige Nightwave reputation (go all the way up to 30 and back to 1). The calculations above don't take into account that we can get Wolf creds on lvls 3, 6, 12, 16, 20 and 24, which can be difficult for a new player to achieve every week.

Nitain and auras cannot be bought from the market, so it doesn't really make any money for DE.

But the frames and weapons you need the nitain to build can be bought...

Once again found my self logging in just to log back out again today, didnt even bother getting my standing with the Ventkids something I enjoyed. Yup think Nightwave has swiftly ended my love for this game.

Archived