Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I miss alerts and Nora is annoying

IIDMOII

Alerts, contrary to the latest update, were one of the few things that actually didn't need fixing. It was one of the only good content delivery systems this game had.

Randomized missions in randomized maps that pop up when you're bored. It really was a great thing and I miss it already.

The only thing the alert system needed was higher tiered versions for higher level players with better rewards.

Nightwave just seems out of place.....thematically and logically.

So we're just gonna ignore the ships scanner from now on and blindly follow a disembodied voice on the radio? Terrible writing. Makes no sense. After all we been through and all the betrayal and lack of trust, were just gonna blindly farm weekly achievements for this person?

I think this might have been better received if it wasn't replacing a 6 year old system that wasn't broken and you chose a voice actor and theme that fit. 

#notmycringeycajon

You're never going to convince anyone with half a brain, that locking all this old content behind another boring rep grind with a secondary currency snuck in for good measure, was a good idea. 

No one likes your current content delivery template. The rep grind tied in with currencies and more rare resources. Plains and Fortuna suck because of it. 

Seriously, if all we have to look forward to is just repackaged syndicate grinds, then this game is dead to me. Literally the worst part of the game is being templated for future rollouts and then people wonder why there's negativity.....

Edited by IIDMOII
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Guess my name is "No one" now. =w="

i didn't know i was a non entity. OP speak for yourself NOT for others

sorry going to have to blow a hole in your "doesn't fit." argument

also invasions we work with the grineer or corpus why?

what reason do we have to work with fotruna? or cetus or the syndacites? especially ones like new loka  don't forget tenno are hardly "pure human."

Edited by hazerddex

Full Feedback though:
I as a player literally NEVER touched an Alert voluntarily the moment I got the last bit of Nitain I needed for the current set of items that needed it. I got dragged into a few here and there (most being Nitain) while my usual Friend Squad did their chores and went off to get the things they needed ("Either hop into this Exterminate Level 15 with us for Nitain, or just sit around for 5 minutes"), but other than those moments the Alerts just never existed....like, ever. Even for new Alt Helmet blueprints. I just never cared about them.

The new system at least has instantly grabbed my attention, but I will admit I'm CLEARLY still in the honeymoon phase of it, so I'm not entirely sure how I'll feel in about 5 months or so. Hopefully I'm still gunning for what ever new Season gear comes out next.

Edited by Tangent-Valley
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Full Feedback though:
I as a player literally NEVER touched an Alert voluntarily the moment I got the last bit of Nitain I needed for the current set of items that needed it. I got dragged into a few here and there (most being Nitain) while my usual Friend Squad did their chores and went off to get the things they needed ("Either hop into this Exterminate Level 15 with us for Nitain, or just sit around for 5 minutes"), but other than those moments the Alerts just never existed....like, ever. Even for new Alt Helmet blueprints. I just never cared about them.

The new system at least has instantly grabbed my attention, but I will admit I'm CLEARLY still in the honeymoon phase of it, so I'm not entirely sure how I'll feel in about 5 months or so. Hopefully I'm still gunning for what ever new Season gear comes out next.

sameish  there were the items i actually wanted but were never out at  good times in my time zone like random foruma or catalyst  

3 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

@no0nemanarmy ZKi7VWB.png :crylaugh:

Edited by hazerddex

I don't care about alerts. They felt useless.

I don't mind the way the Nora stuff works and I'm okay with her as a character (not enough info/characterisation to really call her good or bad yet).

But I do wish we got a cool, quest-ish "find the prison and defeat the Wolf in a duel on his home turf" mission instead of random spawn.

Saturn has quite a lot of free space where you could add nodes.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

You're never going to convince anyone with half a brain, that locking all this old content behind another boring rep grind with a secondary currency snuck in for good measure, was a good idea. 

but I love wasting hours upon hours of life getting an item that I used to be able to get in 5 min I love mundane chores ......said no one ever

1 minute ago, (NSW)Mercwithamouth22 said:

but I love wasting hours upon hours of life getting an item that I used to be able to get in 5 min I love mundane chores ......said no one ever

i love waking up at 3 or 2 am to get that one item or end up missing it and having to wait possibily an entire month or even year to get. because of RNG timers.. who said that? was it just you?

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Mercwithamouth22 said:

I do in fact love mundane chores. Filling the dishwasher, folding my clothes. These are the quite moments where I get to reflect on my day and my life. I appreciate them.

Just now, hazerddex said:

i love waking up at 3 or 2 am to get that one item or end up missing it and having to wait possibily an entire month or even year to get. because of RNG timers.. who said that? was it just you?

over exaggerate much? i could literally hop on around 7 pm and usually find nitain extract or catalysts/reactors now instead I find chores that literally will make items really take "an entire month or even year to get"

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Mercwithamouth22 said:

over exaggerate much? i could literally hop on around 7 pm and usually find nitain extract or catalysts/reactors now instead I find chores that literally will make items really take "an entire month or even year to get"

not an exaggeration the truth. i spent an entire year to try and get vauban because how bad RNG was with alerts

your the one exadrating nitian is 15 cred for packs of 5.

you only need to level up 3 times to get 50 cred which can actually be done in a single day because  all the current weeklys and dailys add up to enough to get to rank 3 at the very least.

and its another 50 at 6 so thats 

2 weeks at most. for a catalyst or reactor

where timed RNG can be anywhere form a  day to a month to a year. especially if alerts don't favor your time zone.

Edited by hazerddex

I concur. I like that DE is adding new things to the game, but I recently finished reaching Kin in the Ostrons and I am currently burned out from grinding standing. I thought Nora was just something additional? I had no idea Nora's syndicate was a means to replace Alerts! Yuck, more standing grinding. I liked running those random low level alerts leveling up frames/weapons while earning a little something extra. I'm currently turned off by syndicates and standing...

Perhaps DE can leave the alerts in? Why can't we have both?