Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MOAnimation Design Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

Imagine the way a cat would walk sideways to something it finds interesting. 
Imagine a moa could do that. Kind of like the way toothless does in the first how to train you dragon.
it would crouch down and slowly edge towards the "target" sideways while looking at it. 

I would like to see my Moa chirping animation as well as making a programmable sound similar to Octavia's Mandachord.  Whether or not it can be used to make other sounds from in game assets (Eidolons maybe :D), or a skewed version of them (a high pitch Eidolon), depends on the far DE would like to take it.  

Moa lifts one of its legs to scratch its head

but loses its balence and falls on the ground for about 1 seconds

then proceeds to hop up and try to hide its face

and as it tryes to hide its face behind its legs it starts going around in circles.

Edited by (XB1)gaurdainfox1232
  • Like 1

Hey Tenno,

This is a rough sketch for my idea of the animation, where the MOA acts dead as if getting shot, thinks the owner falls for the prank and starts wildly laughing.

The timing has been roughly placed, and you guys can adjust it.I'd love feedback from you guys.

At 0:00, that's where the animation starts, the MOA then acts like it got a headshot, lifts its leg up really fast, falls down, curls up, and then gets up and starts laughing, thinking its fooled the owner.

https://imgur.com/a/HxseCbj

Edited by shadowcry1052
needed to add details

Here my idea:

Spoiler

The Moa could do a military salute,

after which it would turn its body to the side via a short hop on the leg not doing the salute (while its head is still partially facing the same direction as if still looking the same way),

then, using the same leg that did the salute, it would attempt to make a big, proud step forward but slips off of its other leg and falls forward on its face.

After that, it gets up, shakes it off and that's the end of the animation. 

Edited by Xear0

I would really like to see an animation that happens after killing a lot of corpus grunts where the MOA gears up for a shockwave stomp so everybody looks at it preparing for a fight only to have it juke out and chuckle darkly.

How about an animation where a MOA frantically runs around in short circles before tripping over then rolling back onto its feet and going back to it's initial position.

I like to imagine this as the MOA panicking about something going awry, If you were also looking for situations for it to trigger I think some fitting triggers would be:
If the player is downed, If the alarm gets triggered, If an ally is downed, If another players pet goes down (I like this one as it would look like the MOA has just realised it could be next.) etc.

Idle animation

MOA activates a red scope laser and looks around briefly before looking at the floor and stomping at the laser dot. Much like a cat lol

Alternately as its playing with the dot the MOA sparks causing the laser to turn off, MOA flinches back and plays a flickering deep robotic voiced "Error" then returns to default position.

Edited by (XB1)TemperanceXIV
Spelling error

Moa idle.
Moa looks left.
Moa looks right, checking if anyone is watching.
Moa squats down.
Moa poops nuts 'n' bolts (this could be replaced with an oil leak).
Moa idle.
Nuts 'n' bolts fade away after animation.

(blushies not including in animation)

I have drawn up an image for reference: https://ibb.co/MB56qDN

Moa-Animation-One-Layer.jpg

A jaunty hop roughly half its height into the air, tapping its feet together 1-3 times a little off center. You know the old gesture. Ideally, it'd have a few animations randomly chosen when attempted. One would be a flawless landing, the most common. Then another stumbling one that still lands okay with an extra step or two back to the starting position. Rarely, it would trip over its foot and fall on its face, immediately getting back up (think "trying to play it cool") and looking around (as if casually whistling).