Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MOAnimation Design Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

I think that you should make some emotes base off of what emote the player is doing. So if the player is doing a narta then the Moa would do it as well or it would attempt to do it and fail in some sort of way. For example, you do the break dancing narta (don't remember the name), then the moa would either attempt and succeed or attempt and fall on it's bottom and then just stare are you like "Why can't I do that?" Or you do boast, the moa attempts, ends up failing his face doing so.

I was thinking be funny to see the Moa do a "peepee dance" that triggers when the player is idle or not moving too long. While it is hopping up and down/ crossing and uncrossing legs it can be making impatient noises or noises of urgency.

I would love to see the moa do an angry animation when you see an enemie or when you fail an objective.

The angry animation can be the moa crouching and shaking when enemies are approaching or every time you fail a hack objective.

I'm not sure if this breaks the no interactions rule. But if the owner goes invisible the MOA should crouch down and tilt its head in confusion. If this is already a thing then ignore this my memory is bad. 

Edited by Wild-Man-63

Shoulder Ride
There's a fair bit of complexity to this one, but it would be amazing if MOAs were able to jump on the backs of Warframes and sit or stand on their shoulders - just like when children ride on their parents shoulders - during idle times for both the Warframe and MOA. I'm not sure if this would break: Animation idea must not interact with anyone or anything else (ex. no handshakes) In the case of the Warframe it would still carry on with it's normal idle actions but the MOA would just hop onto it's back. I can see this however being an issue with a Warframe's idle animation causing it to break. Still, nevertheless I thought I would share this idea. TL:DR - The MOA would briefly hop on the Warframe's shoulders and then hop off shortly after.

Peck
The idea of this animation would be that the MOA replicates a bird pecking at a corpse. More specifically the MOA would lean over a dead enemy, whether it be Corpus, Grineer, Infested, etc. and peck at it's body.

Edited by Guest

A moonwalk would be fun, just a few seconds of the moa trying to be Michael Jackson. It could be moonwalking in a circle to stay close to it´s original position during the emote.

This would probably be an idle animation, but it could also be a response to a player emote.

After the player has been walking around crouched for a while, the moa randomly breaks out into the Hopak dance.

I think TF2 has the best rendition of this artform.

This should probably only happen outside of combat, but I'd like to see a crouch-walking warframe and Hpoak-ing moa kick ass together.

The beginning of this video demonstrates why it should only happen when crouching

Edited by marchilika

4 hours ago, Cruser.Bruser said:

I think that you should make some emotes base off of what emote the player is doing. So if the player is doing a narta then the Moa would do it as well or it would attempt to do it and fail in some sort of way. For example, you do the break dancing narta (don't remember the name), then the moa would either attempt and succeed or attempt and fall on it's bottom and then just stare are you like "Why can't I do that?" Or you do boast, the moa attempts, ends up failing his face doing so.

if you have the Sensitive emotions on your MOA (not sure about others) then whenever you do a non-continuous narta then it will dance for the duration of your narta, same with Bow/Deep Bow, wave, agree, disagree, not sure about boast though, will have to check

If we have a beast companion out of stasis and a Moa is currently a selected companion, I think the two should be able to play with one another, through the moa and kavat running around one another or the kavat pawing curiously at the robo-boi.