Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to deal with leeches?

Itsmez

So apparently there is no way to kick people from mission, because of possible abusing? makes sense but how do we deal with leeches then? Im getting sick of people joining on missions/bounties just to afk and leech them while everyone else does all the job.

Do you have a log of most of the missions you have completed and which ones were "leeched" off of?   I want to empathize with people suffering from this but I also want to understand the severity and location of it happening.  

Maybe the reasonable solution is add an option to basically say "leech in mission" and that is it.  Then let DE decide based upon the data what is going on.   Why?  I believe that "public executions" are never the way to go and should never be the way to go.  IMO, it just creates a mob mentality thirsting for blood.  

On 2019-03-04 at 7:12 PM, Chappie1975 said:

Do you have a log of most of the missions you have completed and which ones were "leeched" off of?   I want to empathize with people suffering from this but I also want to understand the severity and location of it happening.  

Maybe the reasonable solution is add an option to basically say "leech in mission" and that is it.  Then let DE decide based upon the data what is going on.   Why?  I believe that "public executions" are never the way to go and should never be the way to go.  IMO, it just creates a mob mentality thirsting for blood.  

Well if it takes public execution to get rid of these ill upload vids to everyone to see for sure. Anyways im sending the videos directly to them via support so no need for that 🙂

5 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

Well if it takes public execution to get rid of these ill upload vids to everyone to see for sure. Anyways im sending the videos directly to them via support so no need for that 🙂

I think DE should implement a timer for inactive players to ether summon a horde to kill them or boot them all together.

You can ignore them.  If they are AFK and you have it on video, you can report them.

If you don't like that you can put your own group together or play solo.

Those are your options.

Posting about it will not change anything, this topic is posted several times a day for years now.  Those are the solutions, those will continue to be the solutions until DE says otherwise, and saying the same things that have been said in the past ad infinitum won't move the needle.

2 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

You can ignore them.  If they are AFK and you have it on video, you can report them.

If you don't like that you can put your own group together or play solo.

Those are your options.

Posting about it will not change anything, this topic is posted several times a day for years now.  Those are the solutions, those will continue to be the solutions until DE says otherwise, and saying the same things that have been said in the past ad infinitum won't move the needle.

I posted about it because quite clearly i asked about how to deal with them since we cant kick them. I do play with my own group whenever it is possible but it is not always possible, and quite frankly im not going to solo the hardest difficulty bounties nor do i solo sorties.

Your options are quite useless and posting about it will change because that provided me the information that i was asking for

I guess this is a good time to ask.......is it fine to afk if you drop like, 5 spectres? I've done it before, but I let people know what I was doing, and they were cool with it. Especially since I only needed 1 spectre to handle the enemies....I dropped 5 anyway for lulz (frame spectre, ancient healer, corrupted gunner, CLEM OF COURSE, shield osprey, ect) as well as playing as Umbra and going to Operator mode.

In fact, I think everyone went afk at that point for a little while, because the spectres were putting that work in.

I mean, the group of spectres was putting in more work than any player would have anyway so......I don't see that as a problem. But, I'm still courteous enough to let people know/ask them before doing that, and, if they don't approve, then I won't do it.

Edited by IllogicalLogic420

21 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

I guess this is a good time to ask.......is it fine to afk if you drop like, 5 spectres? I've done it before, but I let people know what I was doing, and they were cool with it. Especially since I only needed 1 spectre to handle the enemies....I dropped 5 anyway for lulz (frame spectre, ancient healer, corrupted gunner, CLEM OF COURSE, shield osprey, ect) as well as playing as Umbra and going to Operator mode.

In fact, I think everyone went afk at that point for a little while, because the spectres were putting that work in.

I mean, the group of spectres was putting in more work than any player would have anyway so......I don't see that as a problem. But, I'm still courteous enough to let people know/ask them before doing that, and, if they don't approve, then I won't do it.

I don't any problem with it, you asked is it fine and your team said it is, and you threw couple spectres to help them. I mean it is only problem if your team mates thinks it is a problem

If I get matched with a leech I either just abort and try again or try to leave them in a bad position like tricking them into going to the next ESO stage then leaving. I highly doubt DE does anything about leech reports unless they get a lot of reports about the same player. From my experience about every other ESO match has at least 1 leech in it.

Edited by Chaos.Blades

3 hours ago, Chaos.Blades said:

If I get matched with a leech I either just abort and try again or try to leave them in a bad position like tricking them into going to the next ESO stage then leaving. I highly doubt DE does anything about leech reports unless they get a lot of reports about the same player. From my experience about every other ESO match has at least 1 leech in it.

Let's be real, you're supposed to leech in ESO. The other three players suckle on mama Saryn's teats as she dispenses that sweet, sweet affinity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xaxma said:

Let's be real, you're supposed to leech in ESO. The other three players suckle on mama Saryn's teats as she dispenses that sweet, sweet affinity. 

Speak for yourself, I never stick around others.

I only stay close of the other three teammates request I stick around, otherwise I am already halfway across the map.