Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Causal Players Buy your Plat; Casual players dont like Nightwave

simplygnome

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Eeesh, why do I even bother. It's clear you guys are set on a "my way or the highway" mentality, so I may as well talk to the wall next to me, would likely get the same result. But, just in case your thin tin skulls can't comprehend multiple sentences, here's a TL;DR of my problems with Nightwave: Time gating is stupid.

I'm merely trying to figure out what it is about NW that you dislike. Can't believe that you can't even make a simple argument to defend your points. What you said in your previous posts aren't even facts. I literally proved that what you were complaining about wasn't factual and provided reasons why. The only argument you have made in 3-4 posts that even has merit is "Time gating is stupid". At least after 30 sentences and multiple posts you've finally stated your point without making yourself look like an imbecile. However, it should have stated "TL;DR I'm lazy. I don't like the new system because it doesn't give me what I want in a time frame I agree with. I have nothing of value to add by way of actually making a compelling argument to improve the system, I just want to make up scenarios that aren't true to further my narrative that NW is stupid. PS: My mom still cuts the crust of my sandwiches."

I'm done with this conversation. Have a good weekend. Hopefully you find what you're looking for. Somehow I doubt you will.

Edited by Knoxturnal
  • Like 1

I think I count as "casual" now that I'm a manager where I work.

I would have to say that I actually really like the alert changes. I'd rather have a goal in sight to work for rather than RNG. Less RNG is always good for people like me that don't have the ability to sit in front of a computer for a game 24/7. My only concern is how long an event lasts and whether or not contributions made carry over if it is cyclic. Like if I got to rank 5 in current Nightwave and it went to a new chapter then I'd love for it to keep at rank 5 if ever returned to it simply because I actually do like the rank 30 armor pieces.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AshenHaze said:

I think I count as "casual" now that I'm a manager where I work.

I would have to say that I actually really like the alert changes. I'd rather have a goal in sight to work for rather than RNG. Less RNG is always good for people like me that don't have the ability to sit in front of a computer for a game 24/7. My only concern is how long an event lasts and whether or not contributions made carry over if it is cyclic. Like if I got to rank 5 in current Nightwave and it went to a new chapter then I'd love for it to keep at rank 5 if ever returned to it simply because I actually do like the rank 30 armor pieces.

I would imagine that it would carry over. While I have not seen any information regarding this, it would be too much of a let down to people who just can't commit the time during one Nightwave to get all of the rewards. I do believe that this would be a good option so that everyone can get the rewards they desire at their own pace. The one thing that needs to be discussed is how these changes affect newer players and their ability to gather nitain and other resources. A newer player is going to want that cool new helmet for their favorite frame. Not knowing that nitain cannot really be found/farmed elsewhere (at least reasonably). Also without alerts with resources rewards, it will be harder for newer players to gather resources needed to make the frames/weapons in order to progress. I think nitain needs to be available somewhere else in addition to the wolfcred system.

OP this is the most entitled topic I've seen yet. Blackmailing them? Really?

Go tell your boss you don't feel like working today but can he still pay you to go fishing. See how that goes. Rewards for no effort pfft

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

4 hours ago, Highlord83 said:

I dislike how Nightwave works, it's far too grindy. I have no interest in the emotes or sigils, nor the armor. The forma packs, nitan, umbra forma and such? Love to get to them.  Too bad I have to do what amounts to a glorified standing grind on a timer that takes place mostly during the workweek.

If the returns on completing tasks were greater, the costs lower, and I had the ability to choose what I gained without some stupid leveling system based on spending 3+ hours a day grinding, I'd be fine with it. Too bad DE keeps building things to the specifications demanded by people with whole days to blow on gaming.

the majority of the standing is in the weklies

10 hours ago, simplygnome said:

Causal players buy plat bc they dont want to spend the time to farm relics/arcanes/mods for warframemarket.
Those are the same players that dont want to have to punch a clock each week or play certain game styles theyd otherwise not.

The casual player IS DEs money maker, and while not everything should be -only- causal, making the new alert system into a timer will lose DE money.

Just got 70% off plat, accidentally let it expire because Im just not interested in warframe with Nightwave being its new direction.
$50 I would have easily spent 3 weeks ago.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Personally i like the idea of Nighwave, much better than having to try to catch those time limited alert... but since around this time i often get little time to play. and having that big chore list of "you had time today? GOOD! do ALL of this to TRY to compensate for the days you missed" is not how i want to be greeted.

I much prefer choosing what i do myself instead of having the game tell me "today you have to do 3 interception missions and 8 plains bounty... and change your weapon or build to use these elements"... so since im pretty much only interested in some of the end rewards that would include a lot of the mentioned stuff, i've ended up mostly just ignoring the system instead.

they say you ONLY need ~60%, but if you only get time to really sit down and play a few days a week then that can be troublesome and completely dictates what activities you are "allowed" to do those days. But i can also see that from someone with time to play there probably issn't anything wrong with the system, it just adds to the things to do in that case.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zilchy said:

OP this is the most entitled topic I've seen yet. Blackmailing them? Really?

Go tell your boss you don't feel like working today but can he still pay you to go fishing. See how that goes. Rewards for no effort pfft

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

Literally none of that was said.

Edit: We are at a point in NW where feedback is important. Many threads are being opened about many players not liking the time dictating aspect of the game. The point of this thread is so that DE see there are at least some players who both buy lots of plat and also feel disincentivized to do so under the new system, because the game play is forced and less fun, for many.

Also, and to highlight my point with your statment - Warframe is not a job, nor should it feel like one.

Edited by simplygnome
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, simplygnome said:

Literally none of that was said.

Edit: We are at a point in NW where feedback is important. Many threads are being opened about many players not liking the time dictating aspect of the game. The point of this thread is so that DE see there are at least some players who both buy lots of plat and also feel disincentivized to do so under the new system, because the game play is forced and less fun, for many.

Also, and to highlight my point with your statment - Warframe is not a job, nor should it feel like one.

He quite clearly insinuated that DE should cater to player's demands because otherwise they won't buy plat. He implied that the more veteran players feelings don't matter on this cos they're not buying plat. So thankyou for your input but my viewpoint is not swayed.

Op is right. Nightwave kills the games biggest appeal. Casual gameplay.

It would be fine if the grind wasn't so unreasonable but sadly it isn't. People who want to punch their card and turn the gameplay into a daily duty are the minority. Majority want to play for fun. Asking for a daily/weekly commitment from the playerbase will eventually lead to this games downfall. I hope the nightwave event is a temporary experiment, never to return again.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

My only complaint with nightwave is so far I haven’t been able to get 10k rep because I have no friends.

Use recruit chat. Even if you have friends, it doesn’t mean they are available, interested to run that mission. 

On 2019-03-07 at 5:44 PM, simplygnome said:

Causal players buy plat bc they dont want to spend the time to farm relics/arcanes/mods for warframemarket.
Those are the same players that dont want to have to punch a clock each week or play certain game styles theyd otherwise not.

The casual player IS DEs money maker, and while not everything should be -only- causal, making the new alert system into a timer will lose DE money.

Just got 70% off plat, accidentally let it expire because Im just not interested in warframe with Nightwave being its new direction.
$50 I would have easily spent 3 weeks ago.

Hey look - another player claiming to speak for lots of others. :facepalm:

I'm a casual player.

I buy plat both because I want to support the game and for buying things like inventory slots, exilus adapters, orokin catalysts, forma & skins. As well as the odd weapon purchase now and again.

I also happen to like Nightwave just fine, thanks.

Just now, FlusteredFerret said:

Hey look - another player claiming to speak for lots of others. :facepalm:

I'm a casual player.

I buy plat both because I want to support the game and for buying things like inventory slots, exilus adapters, orokin catalysts, forma & skins. As well as the odd weapon purchase now and again.

I also happen to like Nightwave just fine, thanks.

Great! Plenty dont! I dont speak for lots of players - lots of players are speaking for themselves.

You happen to not fall under this particular umbrella.

As a casual player who mostly pays for the content, I only want one thing, if DE could confirm they will release the Nightwave reward (specifically umbra forma) in the market after the season ends.

I do want to enjoy the game and continuing to support the Dev, but I do not want to make the game like a career. this Nightwave grind makes me like I am locking behind the contents because I could not spend too much time in the game.

On 2019-03-07 at 7:20 PM, Knight_Ex said:

I must not be casual then 😕   I think Ive spent a few thousand on this game. prime access and tennogen are my weaknesses >_>

And people said golf was an expensive past-time.....

Geeks are the new Trumps!

I'm currently casual.  Overall I like NW.  Only things I don't like:

1.  Cannot get enough cred to buy mods, BPs, and mats.  Old alert system, if I was on I could get it.  There's not enough cred to get everything needed (and that's not even counting the cosmetics).

2.  So many weeklies based around group play or high level play.  I just unlocked Index, I don't have 92 weapons maxed out with 17 available frames with 20 people to carry me... so lose out on a good chunk of rep a week and that compounds with #1.  Missed Auras last week, hopefully will be able to hit next cred payout next week.

Just now, Ambivadox said:

I'm currently casual.  Overall I like NW.  Only things I don't like:

1.  Cannot get enough cred to buy mods, BPs, and mats.  Old alert system, if I was on I could get it.  There's not enough cred to get everything needed (and that's not even counting the cosmetics).

2.  So many weeklies based around group play or high level play.  I just unlocked Index, I don't have 92 weapons maxed out with 17 available frames with 20 people to carry me... so lose out on a good chunk of rep a week and that compounds with #1.  Missed Auras last week, hopefully will be able to hit next cred payout next week.

Well the missions are deliberately designed to range from newbie stuff to veteran missions, so that there is something for everyone. It doesn't matter if you miss out some missions, as you only need to complete 60-65% in order to be on track to reach max rank at the end.

You're also not meant to get everything in one go. There will be other events after Wolf of Saturn Six - so again don't feel like you are missing out. You may just have to wait a bit longer (which is how the devs keep players interested).

1 minute ago, FlusteredFerret said:

as you only need to complete 60-65% in order to be on track to reach max rank at the end.

And how much of that 60-65% is elites?  Weeklies?  Math I saw says miss too many elites and you're boned.  Not even worried about the rank items (notice I didn't bring up the rank in my post) it's the stuff I need from the store.

10 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

You're also not meant to get everything in one go. There will be other events after Wolf of Saturn Six - so again don't feel like you are missing out. You may just have to wait a bit longer (which is how the devs keep players interested).

It's not about in one go.  It's about period.  "don't feel like you are missing out"  well that would be all fine... if I wasn't missing out.  There is no balance for newer players and watching items you could really use go by when before you could go earn them.

Give a consistent way to farm cred outside the rankings and 90% of my only complaints would be negated.