The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Update 24.4.0) General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

f07ee60119e2c8efc746da7ecf4cb49e.png&key

This thread will be used to house your feedback on Buried Debts: Update 24.4.0!

There are also dedicated topic feedback megathreads:

FEEDBACK GUIDELINES

Before posting feedback on what launched with Buried Debts: Update 24.4.0 be sure to spend enough time with her in different missions! Once you feel you have handle on what she’s all about, and would like to share your thoughts, here is a fast guide from a Dev side to write good, useful feedback. A well constructed and thought out post is the way to go! 

1. Keep it simple
Write simple, directed points about the topic you feel strongly about. Remember to be constructive and to the point.

2. Back it up
Support your points with concrete points. X has better stats than Y. This ability is less useful when considering X. Provide in-game situational evidence or a solid foundation for your argument to rest upon.

3. Be polite
The best feedback occurs when two people discuss opposing viewpoints to find a constructive middle ground. Discussion is a natural part of feedback! Ensuring that it is polite and without personal attacks is key. We’re far less inclined to listen to feedback filled with personal attacks and rude speech. We are all trying our best!

The Forums can be an amazing tool when used correctly. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the update! 

2 hours ago, Satinpuppies said:

i can't aim on controller now. Melee channel takes priority over the 3 buttons i'm allowed to press so i can't either aim, shoot or melee.

Same here...kinda freaking out...

I can't Aim Glide...I feel naked...

Melee Channel takes priority over any button it is bound to. 

[Update]

Fixed my issue by restoring the default settings to the controller.  It removed the Melee Channel from the setup array.  Problem solved.

Edited by Spacelord_Pajamas
  • Like 1

I am continuously confused by the timing of the updates required by this game.  It always seems that they strike right in the middle of when I would like to achieve something...

I get that this is not the most helpful feedback... but is it not possible for you to schedule an update at UTC +12?  How many of your users would that effect?  Do you have a lot Siberia users?  

Not saying that people in Siberia are bad or anything like that, but really?  Why is a 2K+ MB update scheduled for 9pm CST (UTC-6)?

Came back for the Melee change hype. And it feels like even more taken away. No more unsheathing a weapon or block running. all those assets gone? They added to the joy factor for me. I'm currently trying to configure a Steam Controller, having difficulty trying to figure out what actually does what. The Steam config is outdated and still shows options to bind block and even a Melee Mode.

Trying to remember when I used to play this. 2013-14ish.. boy it sure was fun then! Charging your sword slash & unloading at the right moment, or hacking them up and blocking all fluid with the gunplay. If you could bring back a little of that organic clean system with all this content you added I think it be great! Block should always be at the ready it adds a lot to player control/freedom. along with unsheathing your wep. I dislike having to do that lil slash before a charge attack. On controller at least.. it slashes and than charges the attack. I miss those old samurai/ninja tenno feels 

Heading back to try a bunch of new controller configs till I get this right!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CitricComet said:

I am continuously confused by the timing of the updates required by this game.  It always seems that they strike right in the middle of when I would like to achieve something...

I get that this is not the most helpful feedback... but is it not possible for you to schedule an update at UTC +12?  How many of your users would that effect?  Do you have a lot Siberia users?  

Not saying that people in Siberia are bad or anything like that, but really?  Why is a 2K+ MB update scheduled for 9pm CST (UTC-6)?

Have to concur.  I usually get on in the evening and with a less than stellar download speed, 2.7GB is brutal.  How about doing these very large updates in sections if possible?  Or even give us a heads up that something this size is coming.

Good idea poorly implemented.  Thanks DE.  I guess I will actually rejoin the game in a day or two.

The changes made to the melee system are not an improvement, if anything they're a diminishment.
These changes have broken so many things its hard to pick where to start.

The inability to control blocking makes performing certain combos needlessly more difficult, prevents aimgliding with melee impossible, and channeling even less desirable due to it still consuming energy for blocking regardless of the player's decision.

The loss of the dedicated melee swap key means that the only way I keep my melee weapon out is by not equipping any other weapon in the first place.

My recommendation is to return manual aiming, possibly as an option, and return the dedicated melee swap key.

I am pleased that left-click melee was retained as viable, however, there is a feeling of being penalized that comes along with it.  While it is very possible to 'E' and swap to melee and resume left-click, we lack an ability to reverse this process.  If we then want to go back to gunnin' 'em down, we must invariably rely on the old-school method of holding 'F.'  If I'm missing something, let me know, but as I see it this is a drastic oversight.

edit:  hold aim to instantly switch back.

Edited by tekmansam
i r dum

So I messed with Melee 3.0 a little, and...

1). I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the targeted ground attack. This opens up a lot of mobility possibilities! As long as you can get enough height, you can zip around the map by jumping up and then diving with your weapon. I think I'm going to see if I can have some fun with Excal or Zephyr here at some point, zipping around the map with their jump abilities and then rocketing myself around.

2). I like how I no longer have to switch to my weapon out to actually block, and do combos.

3). I like how I auto-block just by holding my weapon out. Gunfire is hard to see, and it's hard to know when to hit the button to block IMO. Having this happen automatically is awesome. That's going to add a lot of survivability.

4). I don't, however, like the removal of the quick melee. Broken War is a good example, it used to have insanely fast swings if you used quick melee attacks without using its combo system. But now you can't do that because you automatically go into the combo which has much slower attacks than spamming quick melee. Perhaps we could get a quick melee key for when we don't want the combo?

• Like 3

Please for the love of god extend Individual Extraction to Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis.

This would make public lobbies a lot more enjoyable, especially newer players who do not realize or want to leave after a bounty.

Controller is just straight broken.  You can melee once and thats it.  You literally cannot do anything else.  No other buttons do anything except Triangle to put your melee away.  Also sensitivity is like 5,000,000% too high.  I had to drop everything to 0 and its still like having it on 100

Hello, Im Fenrir thanks for the hard work DE

Im currently unable to do a targeted ground attack with sigma and octantis, it just throws the shield. Im able to do a regular slam though

thanks have a good night

Edited by Fenrir491

So resetting everything to default on controller is fine... except I can't use the controller layout I've been using for 5+ years. There has to be a seperate control page for melee, you can't just lock stuff out. The controller never had enough buttons to absolutely cover every option, I never had transference on my controller, why are some commands suddenly not only mandatory, they take priority over stuff I would rather bind. It would't even be that bad if you had a toggle sprint option, but if I wanted to sprint I would have to hold down the stick all the time, my thumb is not that durable.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Xylia said:

4). I don't, however, like the removal of the quick melee. Broken War is a good example, it used to have insanely fast swings if you used quick melee attacks without using its combo system. But now you can't do that because you automatically go into the combo which has much slower attacks than spamming quick melee. Perhaps we could get a quick melee key for when we don't want the combo?

You can uninstall the stance mod to disable the combos

Update kind of broke my controller configuration, as it had bound Channel to my aim button which would not let me aim even when not in melee mode it would oly activate Channeling. The only way to fix it was to set it to default. Problem is it will not let me go back to my old config as it will not allow me to rebind channel to my config's Secondary fire.

Edited by coremediawiz
  • Like 1