Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem with Nightwave

Zeoran

I wasn't complaining.  And I wasn't intending to insult anyone.  I was gauging my response based on the number of posts.  I meant nothing negative by it, so I apologize if you took it that way.  I was simply explaining my personal situation as to why I don't have a lot of time to spend (on Nightwave or these forums)  

And I have placed it in the megathread because of that reason.  But as I stated, there's a chance they won't see it, etc.  There IS a chance, however infinitely slight, that someone outside of DE sees a thread like this one, where I can control the title, and they then pass on the idea to DE.  I'm not trying to "spam" the forums with my super-solution.  I simply wanted to increase the chances (however slight) that my idea would catch on, gain traction and possibly make it to someone at DE who can do something about it.  Instead, the thread has been hijacked (like my original thread I posted shortly after Nightwave launched) and taken in a direction completely divergent from what the thread was intended to be about.  If I could delete the damn thing, I would.  It's obviously not going to even remotely have the intended effect I had hoped for.  

45 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I have a suspicion that the reason you're opinion isn't being heard, is that not only did you post this feedback in General Discussion (where DE doesn't go for feedback), but you totally missed the active thread created by a DE employee that is solely for Nightwave Feedback.  

I presume you mean the 50+ page feedback thread in General that has gotten next to zero response posts from DE employees because evidently in the DE-verse, it doesn't exist? I say next to zero responses, because I think DEBear posted once. aside from the OP In all 50 pages. That's some dedicated employee interaction there, high standards and all.

Scolding someone for not posting in the thread clearly being ignored by DE since it's inception, that's a good one. At this rate, DE is ignoring so much in terms of feedback for ANYTHING in-game that people might as well take it to staff Twitters. They're more liable to pressure an answer out of them that way. publicly, than on the forum.

1 minute ago, Nyx219 said:

I presume you mean the 50+ page feedback thread in General that has gotten next to zero response posts from DE employees because evidently in the DE-verse, it doesn't exist? I say next to zero responses, because I think DEBear posted once. aside from the OP In all 50 pages. That's some dedicated employee interaction there, high standards and all.

Scolding someone for not posting in the thread clearly being ignored by DE since it's inception, that's a good one. At this rate, DE is ignoring so much in terms of feedback for ANYTHING in-game that people might as well take it to staff Twitters. They're more liable to pressure an answer out of them that way. publicly, than on the forum.

Yes, because DE not responding to every single response in the thread nor enacting every single change posted means they're actively ignoring all feedback, right?

Have you bothered keeping up with the posts in there?  It's an active pissing contest and most of the posts don't even relate to the topic; how to improve Nightwave.  

And honestly, it's absurd to require constant interaction on DE posts, simply because there's over 4 million registered users on the Forums alone, and in case you haven't noticed, the community goes full fanboi/gurl when someone with a DE tag posts somewhere, demanding attention for posts that they feel have been ignored.  They have a game to build and run, you can't seriously expect them to babysit the Forums.

Also, yes, I will "scold" people for intentionally breaking the forum rules.  Every time I see it. 

"Also, yes, I will "scold" people for intentionally breaking the forum rules.  Every time I see it. "

Then your post count should be exponentially higher than it is.  And by the way, what rules are you referring to? The official ones set by DE or the general ones you believe exist outside of that?  Because I didn't break any "official" forum rules. 

32 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I managed to post this often while dealing with newborns and 6 small children, but please, keep complaining.  

At this point, you're just going for the urination contest at best, but I do have to wholly dispute your "ability" to cruise online forums with 6+ offspring. I happen to know several people with that many and a few with 8 kids, and it is NOT possible to dedicate that much time to forum trawling, we know this because we HAD a private forum (very close group of people, parenting support group) and they were the very least seen on there for that exact reason. More kids = more time spent actually parenting them, not more time for online shenanigans.

Actually, I take that back. They could if they did the Duggar-style buddy system with their kids, but they don't, they do what they're supposed to do when creating that many new humans instead of pawning the responsibilities off on others.

The single parents have even less time to do anything, that lack of a spouse to keep an eye on Junior or take Junior somewhere while you decompress is a big wrench in the gears.

Saying you have more time than a single parent has, or even I have with 2 kids -- mine are a year apart in age, Irish Twins, if you will -- is baloney. I have to wait until after bedtime to do anything online, I suspect you're not doing much parenting at all with 6+ to post as much as you proclaim.

In other words, stop it. You're not fooling anyone.

• Like 1

I honestly think a lot of people on the forums are just fatigued by this topic, at least those here in General Discussion. There have been too many threads arguing either for or against Nightwave to count, and I personally am glad it has shifted over to the feedback section. I understand that the megathread feels overwhelming, disorganized, etc., but that is honestly how the entire general discussion section felt for weeks.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Yes, because DE not responding to every single response in the thread nor enacting every single change posted means they're actively ignoring all feedback, right?

Have you bothered keeping up with the posts in there?  It's an active pissing contest and most of the posts don't even relate to the topic; how to improve Nightwave.  

And honestly, it's absurd to require constant interaction on DE posts, simply because there's over 4 million registered users on the Forums alone, and in case you haven't noticed, the community goes full fanboi/gurl when someone with a DE tag posts somewhere, demanding attention for posts that they feel have been ignored.  They have a game to build and run, you can't seriously expect them to babysit the Forums.

Also, yes, I will "scold" people for intentionally breaking the forum rules.  Every time I see it. 

Actually, I do expect them to tend the threads they make and portray as important (feedback threads) The entire point of mod employees or mod volunteers keeping watch on game forum feedback threads to funnel cliff notes info back to those building the game, hence gathering FEEDBACK on things.

A post or two once a week recappng what has made it's way upstream isn't expecting too much and keeps people apprised of goings on.

13 minutes ago, Nyx219 said:

At this point, you're just going for the urination contest at best, but I do have to wholly dispute your "ability" to cruise online forums with 6+ offspring. I happen to know several people with that many and a few with 8 kids, and it is NOT possible to dedicate that much time to forum trawling, we know this because we HAD a private forum (very close group of people, parenting support group) and they were the very least seen on there for that exact reason. More kids = more time spent actually parenting them, not more time for online shenanigans.

Actually, I take that back. They could if they did the Duggar-style buddy system with their kids, but they don't, they do what they're supposed to do when creating that many new humans instead of pawning the responsibilities off on others.

The single parents have even less time to do anything, that lack of a spouse to keep an eye on Junior or take Junior somewhere while you decompress is a big wrench in the gears.

Saying you have more time than a single parent has, or even I have with 2 kids -- mine are a year apart in age, Irish Twins, if you will -- is baloney. I have to wait until after bedtime to do anything online, I suspect you're not doing much parenting at all with 6+ to post as much as you proclaim.

In other words, stop it. You're not fooling anyone.

You and your friend couldn't do it, so that means no one else can, go it.

Does that go for everything else in the world?  Like, do neurosurgeons not actually exist because you can't do it?  

Also, they aren't my kids, they're my sisters, who is a single parent and I lived with for 3 years taking care of her and them by working two jobs and paying all the bills and yes, I did step in as a parent for those 3 years.  But hey, good to know you'll stoop to insulting the quality of a strangers parenting to make a (flawed and ignorant) point.

10 minutes ago, Nyx219 said:

Actually, I do expect them to tend the threads they make and portray as important (feedback threads) The entire point of mod employees or mod volunteers keeping watch on game forum feedback threads to funnel cliff notes info back to those building the game, hence gathering FEEDBACK on things.

A post or two once a week recappng what has made it's way upstream isn't expecting too much and keeps people apprised of goings on.

See, here's the problem; you're moving the goal posts.  Or at least, aren't sure what you're on about.  

Either DE enacts and acknowledges changes the community demands so that players like you feel heard, or, they read and and consider what's being posted.  Pick one and stand behind it, or, take the time to actually put the two together for a coherent stance.

"gathering feedback" is what that thread is for and is currently doing.  Yeah, some mod should probably go in and remove the fighting that's going on but that's not likely to happen because we're short on those too. 

23 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

"Also, yes, I will "scold" people for intentionally breaking the forum rules.  Every time I see it. "

Then your post count should be exponentially higher than it is.  And by the way, what rules are you referring to? The official ones set by DE or the general ones you believe exist outside of that?  Because I didn't break any "official" forum rules. 

Again with the nonsense with post count, why?  

A) Post counts got borked when the Forums went through its huge update a few years ago.

b) My post count got borked when I went through the alias change, basically starting over from 0, a couple times.

C) The Rules have apparently been edited since their implantation. 

D) Post count is an utterly useless tool to determine, well, anything beyond how many posts the Forums has decided to actually register.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zeoran said:

I can still fairly easily get the Nitain I could get guaranteed 4 times/day before and still be able to earn enough cred for the cosmetics, auras, etc.

I just wish DE was actually listening. I wish I wasn't a single parent with a full-time job so I could go to Tennocon in person and tell them face-to-face.  But I am.  And this new system is killing the experience for me. 

Nitain poped up every 4hours yet with a full time job you were able to gather 4 pieces a day, work a full time job, hit helm alerts, and care for your child?

Seems like someone is telling fibs 😉

Cause me personally who works a full time job with no child was lucky to get 1 day max, and 2 on weekend days. New system carters to my lifestyle sooo much better as it doesnt rely on real life RNG

• Like 2

Just now, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Seems to be a recent plague of the fourms

Forums needs more mods, has for awhile.

There are just too many people for the current group to handle, and I honestly can't remember when they announced bringing on any new ones.

Just now, MagPrime said:

Forums needs more mods, has for awhile.

There are just too many people for the current group to handle, and I honestly can't remember when they announced bringing on any new ones.

Probably new mod recruiting when ever DE sorts out the moderation across fourms and game but who knows how long that's going to take.

1 minute ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Probably new mod recruiting when ever DE sorts out the moderation across fourms and game but who knows how long that's going to take.

More likely paid moderators, tbh.  They haven't really had a lot of luck with the volunteers.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AbioticViper said:

Nitain poped up every 4hours yet with a full time job you were able to gather 4 pieces a day, work a full time job, hit helm alerts, and care for your child?

Seems like someone is telling fibs 😉

Cause me personally who works a full time job with no child was lucky to get 1 day max, and 2 on weekend days. New system carters to my lifestyle sooo much better as it doesnt rely on real life RNG

This needs more attention lol.

1 hour ago, Zeoran said:

I wasn't complaining.  And I wasn't intending to insult anyone.  I was gauging my response based on the number of posts.  I meant nothing negative by it, so I apologize if you took it that way.  I was simply explaining my personal situation as to why I don't have a lot of time to spend (on Nightwave or these forums)  

And I have placed it in the megathread because of that reason.  But as I stated, there's a chance they won't see it, etc.  There IS a chance, however infinitely slight, that someone outside of DE sees a thread like this one, where I can control the title, and they then pass on the idea to DE.  I'm not trying to "spam" the forums with my super-solution.  I simply wanted to increase the chances (however slight) that my idea would catch on, gain traction and possibly make it to someone at DE who can do something about it.  Instead, the thread has been hijacked (like my original thread I posted shortly after Nightwave launched) and taken in a direction completely divergent from what the thread was intended to be about.  If I could delete the damn thing, I would.  It's obviously not going to even remotely have the intended effect I had hoped for.  

im sorry dude really, but the excuse of not having time to do Nightwave is ridiculous. im sorry if this comes off as mean, but that excuse does not fly considering you are playing warframe. if you didnt have time, you really wouldnt be playing this game.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario

A small committee revolution. That's cute. 

I think they know all they have to know now. 4 weeks you are all singing the same songs all day long. Even if they did not want to hear you, it was impossible to miss. 

Edited by HexOmega111x

Going to try and keep it short and simple here. The thing is with this system is it's just better in every way compared to the old system. I honestly try to always take a look at it from someone elses perspective and can find some middle ground on why someone might not like a feature or such but I just don't see it here. My brother as of late has had barely any time to play, maybe a few hours a week and has had no problems doing all his challenges (Except for Profit Taker, he can't do that fight yet). Everyone I play with completes all the challenges within a few hours (literally 2-3 hours) of them resetting. Minus last week for the 5 sorties, that one broke the streak and is the only one I would agree was probably to far, I could see that being the first challenge many with busy schedules may have missed. Dailies last 3 days, meaning that you need to find ~3 hours spread across 2 days a week to get everything done. It is factually more flexible in every way to the old system.

People keep gilding the old system like it was so flexible, even see the same comment in this thread "lack of player choice" but I'm sorry how exactly can you compare a system that you play on your schedule each week to a system that if you got an alert at 4am for Nitain you either got out of bed to get it or you missed it? Or how about when they were archwing? I can't stand that system, but if I wanted it, I had to do it. Hell half these challenges you just get passively by playing the game, like getting X amount of kills, think we had what 3 of those this week?

If you can't play like 3 hours a week and are asking for changes to a system in a game, lets be frank you obviously aren't playing, then whats the point? Or even a better question, if you find this system that allows you to pick the time you play in that given week, how were you okay with the old system where you get those alerts at the worst possible time?

The thing that kills me is that posts like this come off as so entitled, like you wrote all these threads and the devs are choosing to ignore you, have you checked any other threads around the site? They don't have the time to reply to every single one of them, it doesn't mean they are ignoring you because they didn't choose to reply to this very specific thread. From what I have gathered from other players in game, I could confidently say that about 90% of people think this system is a big improvement. Hop into a game with pubs and ask away, I do it all the time and have seen very few complaints, and they were more like "I wish there was more to it" criticisms, not so much complaints. Though due the very little research and thought put into these countless topics at this point, people see a few threads similar to theirs and get some impression that everyone hates it, though this is just where people come to complain and think, "well my word clearly means more so I'll post an entire new topic instead of adding to the feedback thread."

All of this and I haven't even brought up the fact that you can miss up to 40% of the challenges and still get to rank 30. You can miss 4 weeks of challenges, even more if you get some fugitives. I can't possibly think of a way this system is in any way worse then the old, not only by a means of actual play-ability, but of actual stats. Is it perfect? Probably not, but to sit here and say the old system is in anyway better is just wrong.

And before someone replies to me and says "Oh well do the math you could get more Nitain per day blah blah..." that people love throwing around in these threads. Yes, technically you could, but I would love to see someone get all 4 Nitain for a month straight in the old system. By that same math those people love throwing around if you missed like 5 days the new system pulls ahead. The amount of people that could actually pull that level of dedication off before was very few. But here we are rolling into week 5 of challenges, if you have done everything up to this point you could have afforded 100 Nitain at this point, with no fugitives. ~15 hours of flexible gameplay over the last 5 weeks, vs the old system that was sporadic and demanding of a persons time if you wanted to get anywhere.

So much for being short. /rant

Edited by VirtualJunky
  • Like 2

DE really messed up releasing the nightwave system without asking for feedback from its gaming community before releasing such a bad replacement system.

DE should just bring back the quick alert system that proved successful for 6 years in combination with the nightwave system, that way players can choose for themselves what they want to play. The nightwave system is not newbie friendly at all, it's more time consuming than before and full of grind walls.

We have to do 15 acts each week for 10 weeks to be able to get around the same rewards as before - those acts are no fun to play - and DE is trying to force them down our throats. 

DE should not force players to do all the 15 specific acts each week for 15 weeks - just let players choose for themselves what acts they prefer to do and then let them do these acts as many times as they want to rank up in the system. If we get 5K XP for killing a Teralyst each time then we should be able to rank up by killing it endlessly.

3 hours ago, Zeoran said:

... I just wish DE was actually listening. I wish I wasn't a single parent with a full-time job so I could go to Tennocon in person and tell them face-to-face.  But I am.  And this new system is killing the experience for me...

I'm a single parent with a full time job as well, and between my job and taking proper care of my daughter I simply haven't had the time to worry about a game this much, lol.

Chill, it'll be ok 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeoran said:

But MagPrime, you took shots at me, so pot meet kettle on that front.

Yeah, that response wasn't aimed at you, you can tell by the fact that I didn't quote you above that response, and, never took shots at the quality of your parenting.  Just how you've chosen to approach this entire thing.

But hey, who cares about details, right?

I've been an ass for this thread but the forums is overflowing with people who post where ever they feel like and it really gets on my nerves because, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is the main reason DE has taken to Twitter over their own official forums.

GG on being part of the reason we can't be taken seriously as a community.  And yeah, I acknowledge my own part in that.

But overall, please stop trotting out your single parent status as a reason to push change.  You're just soapboxing on sentiment at this point.  It's not cool to use your kid to force changes on a video game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

But hey, good to know you'll stoop to insulting the quality of a strangers parenting to make a (flawed and ignorant) point. 

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You already went there regarding the single parent OP's time, so you're in no place to "Do as  say, not as I do" on the topic:

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I managed to post this often while dealing with newborns and 6 small children, but please, keep complaining.  

Did you really think you can critique someone else's circumstances, but be immune yourself?

3 minutes ago, Nyx219 said:

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You already went there regarding the single parent OP's time, so you're in no place to "Do as  say, not as I do" on the topic:

You really don't understand what that saying means, do you?  

And I "went there" because the OP is throwing out their single parent status constantly as a justification, by your own reasoning, they aren't immune from critique when they are making it public. 

4 minutes ago, Nyx219 said:

Did you really think you can critique someone else's circumstances, but be immune yourself?

Heavens no, but that isn't what you were doing, now was it? 🙂 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

300,000 rep just to get 150 cred. (yes, I know it's technically a bit less, since the last cred is at like Tier 27) 

Not to be "that guy" but the last Wolf Cred reward is 24, for a total of 300 Creds. 240,000 for all of them. Which means even if you just barely scrape by, you could actually just about get every single Wolf Cred reward from only doing the weekly challenges, plus 3 dailies or 1 elite. The weekly ones are pretty quick, looking at this weeks the longest one would be 3 mobile defense missions, would set ya back like 20 minutes or so. If you used a frame like Limbo solo they would be mostly afk to stay focused on RL stuff if it was really that demanding.

The issue I have is the title "The SOLUTION to the Nightwave Problem" the only problem being not being able to play for 3 hours a week in a looter game. That's 30 minutes a day, 3 days playing an hour, or just a weekend night or something when the kids are asleep knocking it out. These types of games are meant to consume time, but 3 hours a week in the scale of it is nothing, especially because as stated most of these are done passively without even looking at it. Currently if you did Exterminate, Mobile Defense, Spy or Rescue only using a Sidearm and aiming for a head, you would be working on minimum 4 at a time. 1500 kills (Elite), 150 Kills with Sidearm (Daily), 40 Headshots (Daily), 3 X mission types.

2 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

I honestly think a lot of people on the forums are just fatigued by this topic, at least those here in General Discussion. There have been too many threads arguing either for or against Nightwave to count, and I personally am glad it has shifted over to the feedback section. I understand that the megathread feels overwhelming, disorganized, etc., but that is honestly how the entire general discussion section felt for weeks.

Agreed, the topic has been debated to death at this point, could nightwave be improved? without a doubt. DE do listen despite what Op says but they just dont respond to every topic they have to do their jobs too.

My opinion has from the start been that NW Dalies/weeklies could give a small ammount of wolf creds so we wouldn't have to spend ages grinding to those single stacks of 30, just to be able to buy 1 of the cheapest items.

Edited by Nova73

if u cant spend 2 hours a week, not a day, a week 

and not even consecutive, then this isnt the game for u

in fact u only need to get to rank 24, and u only need 24k standing a week out of a possible 45k, not including convict captures to get all the wolf creds nad most of the rewards, everything after that is basically for end game players that got nothing better to do

u can miss so meny challenges its not evne funny, but yet u complain anyways?

if this was the old alert system, u would miss way more!