Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very unclear how to kill Silver Grove specters for weekly battlepass quest

SonicSonedit

What's unclear about it?

If you pay attention, the blueprints for the summoning items remain in your inventory even after completing the quest.

So you can build those items as many times as you want, thus you can hunt the Specters as many times as you want.

• Like 7

No need to sound condescending to OP, hell, I didn't know that the specters in the Silver Grove could be accessed either. The came definitely doesn't let you know that you could access it again or even fight the specters again. Now that I know though, I understand why those apothics have been sitting in my foundry. Looks like I'll be putting those to use again.

• Like 6

The issue that I have with this is that I have killed two spectres over 2 missions, with no acknowledgement in the NW interface.  May I assume that one has to complete 3 kills in one mission (take in 3 apothics)?

4 hours ago, Aldr1c said:

The issue that I have with this is that I have killed two spectres over 2 missions, with no acknowledgement in the NW interface.  May I assume that one has to complete 3 kills in one mission (take in 3 apothics)?

I got credit for it over 3 separate missions. 

Someone claimed it only counts for the person who got the killing blow. Not sure, did it solo. 

5 hours ago, Aldr1c said:

You can't simultaneously carry multiple apothics, so it spans over 3 seperate missions.

1 hour ago, beol said:

I got credit for it over 3 separate missions. 

Someone claimed it only counts for the person who got the killing blow. Not sure, did it solo. 

I did it with a friend, and I'm pretty sure we both got it for doing 4 in 1 mission, but for a lot of these nightwave chores where you have to kill something, it only counts if you're the one to do it, so I could be wrong.

Some of the nightwave chores are really awkward about things, like "kill X enemies with primary weapons" doesn't count if the weapon is being used by one of Mirage's clones, for example.

On 2019-03-25 at 10:37 AM, (XB1)GameNerd300 said:

No need to sound condescending to OP, hell, I didn't know that the specters in the Silver Grove could be accessed either. The came definitely doesn't let you know that you could access it again or even fight the specters again. Now that I know though, I understand why those apothics have been sitting in my foundry. Looks like I'll be putting those to use again.

Yeah, this isnt' really the OP's fault. One of Warframe's defining features is to tell you nothing about anything. 

• Like 1

The silver grove specters are farmable after you complete the quest. You're given the special apothic blueprints in your foundry and they're a re-usable blueprint which allows you to build as many apothics as you want. You can only carry a maximum of 2 apothics in you gear inventory of 1 type. You cannot carry multiple types at the same time.

1. Re-scan any plants that are required to build the apothics, and start building multiple of them in your foundry once you have the required components (in the case of the nightwave challenge, if you are playing solo this will require you to do the mission twice. If you are within a group of 2 or more, then it will only require you to do the mission at least once).

2. Bring either at least one hydroid (with his pilfering augment) and have the rest of the team as Nekros (desecrate will stack). Sadly, neither Ivara nor Atlas with his augment will work for extra drops.

3. Remember to equip the Apothics in your gear wheel before starting the mission

4. start up any mission on earth (capture most recommend because they are very quick and easy).  The silver grove area IS NOT guaranteed to spawn on the tile set. So run through the entire tile set until the Lotus speaks up and says she sense the silver grove specter nearby. If she doesn't say anything, then extract from the mission and restart it again.

5. As usual, have Hydroid do his tentacle thing, and everyone just wail on killing it. The specter's body cannot be cut up into separate parts, so just kill it by any means.

6. Rinse and repeat until you're content.

Edited by BlindStalker
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Yeah, this isnt' really the OP's fault. One of Warframe's defining features is to tell you nothing about anything. 

I think, if anything, that reaffirms that the explanation provided in the nightwave prompt was adequate.

But, this is one of the less obfuscated things. If you find a silver grove again, which isn't hard, and check the shrine thing, which is the normal thing to do, it tells you either that you need to equip an apothic, or that you can use the apothic you have equipped. That, on it's own, should prompt the player with enough information to make them try crafting another apothic and spawning another silver grove specter.

There's a lot of things in Warframe that aren't adequately explained. Like, the last event? What explanation was there? Oh look, dropped into Orb Vallis. No further explanation. Oh look, some garbled graphics and progress bars. No further explanation. The entire exploiter orb fight had decidedly inadequate explanation given at every stage(what "vents"? does the explosion on impact count as an explosion or do you have to shoot it mid-air? and the blast radius is so small, it's easy to lob a dozen of them without any indication it's even working. Never mind the second phase, which still doesn't make any sense at all to me.) Silver Grove specters, though? Find a silver grove after completing the codex mission, look at the alter, "oh I wonder if I can trigger another one of those things somehow, I should investigate" no further explanation required.

Anyone remember when all you had to go on was "it's dangerous to go alone!"?

See, I never looked at the shrine again after doing the Titania quests. If I entered the grove, I'd be like, "Oh yeah, this is from that old quest I already did" and just leave. I was well past that point before I looked up what "Growing Power" was (after seeing it in the trade chat), and seeing it came from a Silver Grove spectre and having to go look that up because I didn't even remember it. 

I mean, I guess Nightwave is for the old hands more than the new kids, but until I figured out where Growing Power came from, I was never curious to reactivate the shrine. It was part of a quest I'd already done, after all. It was obsolete content. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter_47 said:

You can't simultaneously carry multiple apothics, so it spans over 3 seperate missions

But you can have more of the same apothic, I thought I could use one per mission but I saw an option to use another after I killed in the second mission. So I feel like if you have 3 apothics of the same type you can do it in one mission

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Apothic

Build those

Put into Gear slot

Open Navigation 

Go to planet Earth .. 

Do sabotage on Earth 

You will get an message hearing about dark energy below the surface .. ( if so that good )

Go search caves for an small passage way .. 

Voila go to the top where you see the rocks stacked on top eachother

Press X on Rocks and happy battle with the spectre

You can carry unlimited bottles from 1 of the 3 Apothics

But only 1 type is allowed .. so far as i know

Good luck there

• Like 1

I can get the nightfall apothic, I need earth night time for moonlight dragon lily, which lasts 4 hours. But by the time I get home from work it's the beginning of day time, and by the time it's time to schleep, it's nighttime. Shaking my smh, who thought this was a good idea? Btw I cant tell if the daylight dragon lily is used for anything at all.

7 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

See, I never looked at the shrine again after doing the Titania quests. If I entered the grove, I'd be like, "Oh yeah, this is from that old quest I already did" and just leave. I was well past that point before I looked up what "Growing Power" was (after seeing it in the trade chat), and seeing it came from a Silver Grove spectre and having to go look that up because I didn't even remember it. 

I mean, I guess Nightwave is for the old hands more than the new kids, but until I figured out where Growing Power came from, I was never curious to reactivate the shrine. It was part of a quest I'd already done, after all. It was obsolete content. 

Never thought "gee I wonder why this tile shows up in random missions after the quest is done"?

I'd say that's on you for not investigating. Like people that never tried to scan threshcones because they're just tile decorations.

• Like 1