Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven frames (idea/conspiracy)

-Dajn

Now imagine something like 5 disposition frame with a riven. What do you guys think about it? 

Stats could be like (both positives and negatives) 

Range, strength, efficiency, duration, health, armor, shield, sprint speed, energy pool. Might be more options. 

Now imagine having something like banshee disp 2 (due to popularity in the future if this would be implemented) with 100 ish range, 80 strength, 60 efficiency, and a negative sprint speed or something likely. 

What are your ideas when it comes to frames with what kind of riven and why would you run them? 

The only Riven I need is Armored Agility. Sarcasm aside, Rivens already made this game even more of a hellhole than it previously was. I'd be severely disappointed with DE if a thing like warframe Rivens was ever introduced while they worked and reworked frame after frame to try (emphasis on "try") to remove the rampant power creep.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Ugh Riven spam in trade chat is already bad enough I don't think anyone wants to see "WTS CHROMA HONKYTONK-BADONKADONK 20k PL" and the like flooding the game making the powercreep issues even worse.

Yeah you are right I agree on that part with you. 

1 hour ago, Basalto said:

The only Riven I need is Armored Agility. Sarcasm aside, Rivens already made this game even more of a hellhole than it previously was. I'd be severely disappointed with DE if a thing like warframe Rivens was ever introduced while they worked and reworked frame after frame to try (emphasis on "try") to remove the rampant power creep.

#vaubanrework! Hopefully Pablo does it 🙂

N. O.

While I love my severely OP rivens, the simple fact that Rivens were ever implemented has resulted in what is essentially hardcore power creep and elitism on crack - either you have top tier rivens for the meta weapons, or most assembled teams/clans will give you the finger and throw you out wholesale.

15 hours ago, -Dajn said:

Why is that? 

There are so many weapons in game, riven mods can be helpful in making sub-top tier weapons compete with the meta weapons, which adds diversity to the game.

Of course, there are some exceptions, where powerful weapons which don't get much use can become quite OP with a reasonably rolled riven (because of the high disposition) but this is not the case for the majority of the weapons.

In the past, weapons and frames have had nerfs and buffs. The difference is, the mechanics of the weapons stay the same, whereas frames have had complete reworks. A bad weapon will stay bad no matter what riven you throw at it, but frames get to have altered abilities (mechanics).

If a frame doesn't get used often, there may be something wrong with it. If a prime of said frame is upcoming, DE usually takes a look at the usage of the frame, and will rework it to make the prime worth it. It is a difficult balance (ember has gone from OP to bad to OP again, and then bad again).

I'm fine with rivens for weapons, because they all fall into certain categories. There are always some very good weapons in each class, which will be used more often than the weaker weapons. Weaker weapons get high disposition rivens, the meta weapons don't.

But each warframe is unique. Some abilities classes may overlap but there is not one frame the same as another.

If DE were to add rivens for frames they will have problems balancing the frames after each rework. Any underused frame would have a high disposition, making rivens for them very valuable. After a rework, the usage of said frame will go up, so the disposition will go down. Hell breaks loose on the forums "I paid 10k plat for this riven and now it's useless".

Balancing issues for certain frames: Hildryn with a -energy riven, Inaros and Nidus with a -shield riven, Loki with a -strength riven. These seem to be some obvious ones.

Other than that, I think DE knows this can be a problem. We never had primed streamline either 😉

1 hour ago, Spookmineer said:

Balancing issues for certain frames: Hildryn with a -energy riven, Inaros and Nidus with a -shield riven, Loki with a -strength riven. These seem to be some obvious ones.

It's worth mentioning there's an equivalent to those, which is the -zoom Rivens.

33 minutes ago, Basalto said:

It's worth mentioning there's an equivalent to those, which is the -zoom Rivens.

The other way around isn't as easy though - there isn't a universal -anything riven for warframes (meaning being beneficial to every warfarme). Even without that, some frames can be seriously overpowered by having a riven mod with a negative that doesn't affect them adversely in any way.

My point is, warframes are unique, whereas weapons have top tier and all beneath that in each class. Tinkering with stats on unique items (warframes), even with dispositions, isn't something I'm looking forward to.

I mentioned primed streamline not being a thing, and now with umbra forma, I think DE acknowledges we would like some frames to be more powerful than we have now, but let's not go overboard. Nightwave taking 10 weeks, possibly 12, means 4 to 5 umbra forma each year. That's ok 🙂 Remember we used to do T4 without any primed mods at all, and enemy level is still the same (with void keys it would pay off to stay as long as you could, but that's gone for a while too). So longer missions don't have a pay-off, yet we still want to have more powerful frames? We're good.

I could see a scenario in trade chat when Warframe Rivens are added :

Trader 1 : WTS Chroma riven [Chroma power-creeptita] +50% Power STR +50% Power EFF +200% health -50% Shield 25.000 plat non negotiable

Trader 2 : WTS limbo riven [Limbo Rangior] +90% Range +50 % efficiency +60% sprint speed 10.000 plat

It will be too hard for DE to balance this, I doubt it will happen anytime soon, maybe ever.

Edited by DrivaMain

On 2019-04-01 at 4:25 PM, -Jes- said:

N. O.

While I love my severely OP rivens, the simple fact that Rivens were ever implemented has resulted in what is essentially hardcore power creep and elitism on crack - either you have top tier rivens for the meta weapons, or most assembled teams/clans will give you the finger and throw you out wholesale.

Yeah some clans do that, well I guess people stay people. Meaning some just want 1 thing without trying to explain something to other players. Like why and how etc. Unfortunately 

On 2019-04-02 at 12:19 AM, Spookmineer said:

There are so many weapons in game, riven mods can be helpful in making sub-top tier weapons compete with the meta weapons, which adds diversity to the game.

Of course, there are some exceptions, where powerful weapons which don't get much use can become quite OP with a reasonably rolled riven (because of the high disposition) but this is not the case for the majority of the weapons.

In the past, weapons and frames have had nerfs and buffs. The difference is, the mechanics of the weapons stay the same, whereas frames have had complete reworks. A bad weapon will stay bad no matter what riven you throw at it, but frames get to have altered abilities (mechanics).

If a frame doesn't get used often, there may be something wrong with it. If a prime of said frame is upcoming, DE usually takes a look at the usage of the frame, and will rework it to make the prime worth it. It is a difficult balance (ember has gone from OP to bad to OP again, and then bad again).

I'm fine with rivens for weapons, because they all fall into certain categories. There are always some very good weapons in each class, which will be used more often than the weaker weapons. Weaker weapons get high disposition rivens, the meta weapons don't.

But each warframe is unique. Some abilities classes may overlap but there is not one frame the same as another.

If DE were to add rivens for frames they will have problems balancing the frames after each rework. Any underused frame would have a high disposition, making rivens for them very valuable. After a rework, the usage of said frame will go up, so the disposition will go down. Hell breaks loose on the forums "I paid 10k plat for this riven and now it's useless".

Other than that, I think DE knows this can be a problem. We never had primed streamline either 😉

Yeah I totally agree with you, that would be to much of a hassle that it already has/still is with just normal rivens. Altho they were talking about archgun rivens but I'm not updated on more information about it. But yeah primed efficiency would be a good thing in some cases but the fact that they didn't release yet maybe makes it clear they don't want to make some frames or abilitys to op. 

10 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Heh, the reason there won't be Rivens for Warframes is because DE already did those. There were random-stat mods for Warframes back in the early years, and it made for incredibly inconsistent gameplay.

They aren't coming back.

How "back in the days" was it, like how long ago. I'm interested. But yeah hopefully they aren't coming back any soon. It would be interesting imo, but to much of a hassle to implement and control over the years as well as listen to community etc. 

13 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

I could see a scenario in trade chat when Warframe Rivens are added :

Trader 1 : WTS Chroma riven [Chroma power-creeptita] +50% Power STR +50% Power EFF +200% health -50% Shield 25.000 plat non negotiable

Trader 2 : WTS limbo riven [Limbo Rangior] +90% Range +50 % efficiency +60% sprint speed 10.000 plat

It will be too hard for DE to balance this, I doubt it will happen anytime soon, maybe ever.

WTB LOKI riven [LOKI durarator] +80% durration +40% efficiency +70% sprint speed - 50% armor 5k Plat pls no scam

9 hours ago, -Dajn said:

How "back in the days" was it, like how long ago. I'm interested.

2013 era, I'm told. This account of mine only dates back to 2014, and my first clan leader was still complaining that they'd taken them out of the game and introduced the Corrupted mods instead at that point.

11 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Eh, people did say this about the Corrupted mods too... But they're here. They're also something to do, because of the Kuva missions required to roll them.

and people were wrong, like rivens, rivens are wrong