Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Prime is almost upon us, what are your favorite builds/playstyles for her?

(NSW)Derrion

Since I will be buying the prime access, but haven't played much Equinox, I was hoping you guys could throw out some of your favorite ways to play the frame.

In my limited experience, I usually just end up farming damage for 4 in day form and releasing it when my brain says "big damage number, me like". Is there any more nuance or underappreciated approaches to playing Equinox? Do any of the augments stand out in particular?

Thanks to those who reply. Hope you're all as excited as I am!

Been a while since I looked at her. I ran a full hybrid build. Used every ability.

It's 204% Power, 220% Range, Base Duration, 45% Efficiency with both her Peaceful Provocation and Calm / Frenzy augments.

I use double Energize sets to keep up. Don't think it works without those and it's sad that's the only way you can really use both forms effectively. Might be able to tweak it a lil now days thanks to the +30% Power Pax Arcane. I still hate her Slow resets when you swap forms and think her 4th augment is a band-aid. I don't think there's an underappreciated build cuz most her abilities are good. It's just unless you're rich you have to pick one to focus on.

Edited by Xzorn

I usually play with Energy Transfer, and yes it’s a bandaid but I like being able to adapt. For Arcanes I almost always run Guardian/Grace because my two main builds aren’t energy hungry.

Favorite build:

dN1W4Ib.png

Edited by EquinoxPrime

She's here!

I have three particular builds I quite like:

1. The first is a  high-range build inspired by the Adaro build, or the "spider" build. This modification still features high Range and the Rest/Rage augment, but I've cut the Range a little to give it positive Srength. I typically use it in Survivals as a debuff frame to shut down approaching waves of foes a la Rest. The addition of Strength is so that Day's Rage can be alternately used to spread the damage vulnerability debuff around and melt through Armored targets like nothing.

2. Unstoppable Tankquinox, a high-survivability frontline frame. High Strength with respectable Range and good Efficiency, and the Peaceful Provocation augment (and optionally Energy Transfer if you want a nuke). This build spends a lot of time in Night with Mend and Pacify active, so gets a bit Energy hungry. However, you and the squad are constantly generating Overshields, which get lots of mileage thanks to your Pacify's damage debuff, compounded by a buildup of radial slow. Pop Mend when your Health gets low and repeat as needed. (Or if you stock E-Transfer and are doing well on Health, you have the occasional room clear).

3. This last one, which I call "Dual Hunters", is more of a loadout build than it is an Equinox one, and it's lately been my favorite one to play. It's a Mecha Set Mod setup with all 4 Mecha mods across Equinox and any sort of Kubrow. Kubrow's build isn't too important beyond the Mechas, though Health Link and Status mods are good, Hunter mods might be useful and maaaybe Armor Link works in tandem with Mecha Pulse? Anyway, I have Equinox set up so that her Mend/Maim's range is about 30m and with decent Strength, in Day with Maim up most of the time. I also use a Slash/Viral Nagantaka, though a good Condition Overload Slash/Viral melee is okay too. An enemy marked by your Kubrow takes extra damage from you, instantly gets one Slash proc from Maim, then bites it to a full Nagantaka magazine. All Status procs (ideally Viral and 1-bunches Slash procs) spread to everything within 30m (that's your Maim radius, btw) and gives you a bunch of Armor as they melt away from all that Status damage. These enemies then charge your Maim up a tonne, very quickly, for a second area nuke in a row.

Range build (250%) with max efficiency, Duality + Energy Transfer. No Power Strength (40%).

Gives me a lot of flexibility in using both forms in tandem. With Larkspur I easily decimate maps, since Power Strength is not tied to the clone’s attack power buff of +300% damage. 

honestly, I mostly stick to a duality/Ult build, switching between Mend and Maim. simple but effective, though i don't use Equinox that often. she's pretty damn strong though, and has some great fashion options (Demon Solstice Equinox FTW!), I think I'm gonna quite Like Equinox Prime (and Definitely her weapons!)

People use Equinox as a one-trick pony and just waste a lot of her potential through that. All the Equinox players I see (except me, because I don't like being Ember 2.0) just change to day form, pop maim and rush the missions, stalling the defense ones in the process because the enemies have a period of stun when hit by it. Day's 2 is an useful damage boost that is offset by increasing the enemy's speed, which ends up being some sort of reverse mini-Nova, while night's 2 opens enemies to finishers, which is very useful for Covert Lethality and those sick glaive explosion kills (my Falcor hits six digits on charged throw finishers, on the margin around 175K, so it's an absolute delicacy). Then we have pacify being some sort of passive tanking, which can be coupled with rage and mend to just regen your lost health while you keep doing some fine tanking and putting the enemies that trouble you to sleep.

My biggest concern about her, however (haven't played her since Equinox Prime launched, though, so there might've been a change), is that P&P and M&M don't carry over your metamorphosis, so you have to recast them everytime you change, which gets a bit annoying, due to its casting time and how vulnerable it can leave you. So my personal advice would be to mostly play your favourite form and swap, if needed, in a safe spot, so you can recast 3 and 4 and keep rolling.

6 hours ago, EquinoxPrime said:

I usually play with Energy Transfer, and yes it’s a bandaid but I like being able to adapt. For Arcanes I almost always run Guardian/Grace because my two main builds aren’t energy hungry.

Favorite build:

dN1W4Ib.png

Am I seeing 29 forma? O.o