Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please change the Vox Solaris rep system to something other than Toroids.

BlackRoseAngel

Seriously, this is a terrible system. Sentient Cores for Quills wasn't great either, but at least it was straight forward how to get them. Toroids are too freaking rare and finding them is too convoluted. It's far too much of a pain in the ass to farm and makes me feel like VS rep isn't worth my time. Then you guys went and put a Warframe behind it.

C'mon DE, knock this crap off. It isn't fun and if I'm not having fun, what's the point?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

It isn't fun and if I'm not having fun, what's the point?

Well, its not just about you? If you do not like it, you don't have to do it. Others like it. I have no real issues with it (the drops could be a little better though). The Toroids are fairly easy to get, you can kill enemies or look in caves (spawn on the ground). If you want the more valuable ones, do Profit Taker or Exploiter. 

• I maxed them in about 10 days. And that was being lazy.

Try to get Atmo Systems, then we'll talk about "rare". 

Toroids are affected by both ressource boosters as well as Warframe abilities, which isn't the case for Gravimag parts nor Sentient Cores. Toroids also give either 1k, 6k or 12k, depending on the rarity, while Cores give either 100, 500 or 1200. 

You might be able to farm cores faster (at least intact cores), but Toroids give a lot more standing on top of having decent chances to drop. Sometimes they're hard to get, and sometimes they rain like nano spores. It's also easy to find groups to farm them, either a specific type or any. 

Oh and Core-farming is time-gated, Toroids aren't. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

4 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Try to get Atmo Systems, then we'll talk about "rare". 

Toroids are affected by both ressource boosters as well as Warframe abilities, which isn't the case for Gravimag parts nor Sentient Cores. Toroids also give either 1k, 6k or 12k, depending on the rarity, while Cores give either 100, 500 or 1200. 

You might be able to farm cores faster (at least intact cores), but Toroids give a lot more standing on top of having decent chances to drop. Sometimes they're hard to get, and sometimes they rain like nano spores. It's also easy to find groups to farm them, either a specific type or any. 

Oh and Core-farming is time-gated, Toroids aren't. 

Do you think I just have money lying around to buy resource boosters?

Il y a 5 heures, BlackRoseAngel a dit :

Do you think I just have money lying around to buy resource boosters?

You don't need money to buy them. You can get some by doing Sorties, during 2x week-ends (like we got not so long ago) and as login rewards (duration of the booster scaling with your MR). Baro even sells them from time to time. 

And besides, they only cost 20 plat. It's far from a rip off if you really need it. 

(PS: Boosters stack with 2x week-ends, giving you 4 times the reward. Add a Smeeta buff and you get 8 times the loot/cred/affinity. If you're lucky, it might even give you another while the first buff is active, which means 16x the loot.)

20plat is literally a dozen cheapo mods and a bit of time. Or $0.50~ with 75% off.

imo, "common" toroid drop rate is bullS#&$ and should be improved somehow, but like I said, it's not that toroids are used for standing that's a problem, it's that toroids are bullS#&$ rare and you can spend two solid hours farming them from some of the most obnoxious enemies in Warframe only to not even get one. Never mind that enemy spawns in those areas of Orb Vallis seem rather buggy right now. I was in a game where alert posts were just exploding as soon as they were made regardless, and another where, even at max alert level, the game would pause for minutes between enemy spawns sometimes. But even when all that was working consistently, I distinctly remember fighting those #*!%ers for hours and not getting a damn thing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-04-03 at 7:13 AM, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

You don't need money to buy them. You can get some by doing Sorties, during 2x week-ends (like we got not so long ago) and as login rewards (duration of the booster scaling with your MR). Baro even sells them from time to time. 

And besides, they only cost 20 plat. It's far from a rip off if you really need it. 

(PS: Boosters stack with 2x week-ends, giving you 4 times the reward. Add a Smeeta buff and you get 8 times the loot/cred/affinity. If you're lucky, it might even give you another while the first buff is active, which means 16x the loot.)

FYI, a three-day booster is 40 plat. I think that's the shortest duration available in the market.

Nonetheless, if you get a drop chance and resource booster together, you can farm enough toroids in a day to never need them again. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

8 hours ago, AndyBeans said:

Next week... "Obtain 10 toroids from the Orb Vallis, 3000 Nightwave affinity"

ez game. farm profit taker and/or exploiter with left over thermia. or go rob a bunch of corpus blind with ivara (before also robbing them of their limbs with your choice of weapon) for twice the drops.

just go temple, rob the guys via sound arrow to the center and then prowl to double their drop. pop one. get em on edge, get some alerts down and finish them then do the same for each group that gets called down while also sleeping them so they don't fan out and look for you, and if you're lucky, get toroids without ever being seen or having to fight openly.

Edited by Darkmega18

6 hours ago, Darkmega18 said:

ez game. farm profit taker and/or exploiter with left over thermia. or go rob a bunch of corpus blind with ivara (before also robbing them of their limbs with your choice of weapon) for twice the drops.

just go temple, rob the guys via sound arrow to the center and then prowl to double their drop. pop one. get em on edge, get some alerts down and finish them then do the same for each group that gets called down while also sleeping them so they don't fan out and look for you, and if you're lucky, get toroids without ever being seen or having to fight openly.

Cheers for the suggestions, butI don't think it really addresses the real issue, which is that there isn't much entertaining gameplay to be had in Orb Vallis.

Other people's mileage may vary, but personally if it wasn't repeatedly mandated in Nightwave I'd never go to Fortuna. I quite happily do bounties on the Plains, even when the daily cap means I'm not getting any more affinity after 3 runs of the Rank 5 bounty, or go out farming ghouls or vomvalysts, but I literally never enter the Orb Vallis without a definite goal and a method to minimise the amount of time I need to spend out there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndyBeans said:

Cheers for the suggestions, butI don't think it really addresses the real issue, which is that there isn't much entertaining gameplay to be had in Orb Vallis.

Other people's mileage may vary, but personally if it wasn't repeatedly mandated in Nightwave I'd never go to Fortuna. I quite happily do bounties on the Plains, even when the daily cap means I'm not getting any more affinity after 3 runs of the Rank 5 bounty, or go out farming ghouls or vomvalysts, but I literally never enter the Orb Vallis without a definite goal and a method to minimise the amount of time I need to spend out there.

But moas. but kitguns. but mutagen/detonite/fieldron farm from second last bounty. But also has relics. not to mention those wonderful double drop periods when the fissures are on and getting close to finished that you can turn into a x4 farm if you can booster it further. and the gems are actually worth harvesting for standing. and also floofs.

Edited by Darkmega18

39 minutes ago, Darkmega18 said:

But moas. but kitguns. but mutagen/detonite/fieldron farm from second last bounty. But also has relics. not to mention those wonderful double drop periods when the fissures are on and getting close to finished that you can turn into a x4 farm if you can booster it further. and the gems are actually worth harvesting for standing. and also floofs.

I quite like the floofs, the conservation mechanics are an interesting distraction I only just discovered last week. I really don't enjoy SU bounties, I only do them if it's mandated by Nightwave (and in 6,000 affinity I hit tier 30 and can ignore Nightwave until series 2). I sealed 59 fractures when buried debts started and can't bring myself to do another 41 of them for the Opticor Vandal.

3 minutes ago, AndyBeans said:

I quite like the floofs, the conservation mechanics are an interesting distraction I only just discovered last week. I really don't enjoy SU bounties, I only do them if it's mandated by Nightwave (and in 6,000 affinity I hit tier 30 and can ignore Nightwave until series 2). I sealed 59 fractures when buried debts started and can't bring myself to do another 41 of them for the Opticor Vandal.

:< (derailed conversation about vox is derailed.)

There nothing hard in caping rep for Vox Solaris. You dont need to farm any toroids by rng. All you need to do is 4xProfit taker runs to get 4 crisma toroids = 24 000 rep. For most ppl its more then enough.

I've been de-motivated from the get-go to rank up with Vox Solaris for this very reason. Collecting Toroids feels like a total chore - one that I can't complete by picking things up incidentally while doing other things. This goes for the weapons and Warframes locked behind them, as well.

I suppose I might get the urge to do it eventually, as I'm running out of other things to do in the game, but...I'm often finding I'd actually rather play Yahtzee in my browser than submit myself to doing the Toroid chores.

• Like 1

In terms of Toroids, the drop rate f'ing sucks and if I didn't need them as rank-up payments, then I wouldn't farm them at all. I'd just farm Exploiter Orb and with 2 Lazulite Toroids, I cap my daily standing.

It's the fact that you need them to actually rank-up that's a pain in the ass. Getting 10 Calda/Sola/Vega Toroids takes f;ing ages, unless you have "the perfect setup": Ivara, Smeeta Kavat, Booster, x2 Weekend, etc.