Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question.

GlaikitMayflies

Well players who had to suffer through the plains of eidolon grind on day 1 be seeing some form of compensation for their efforts? Well those who wasted resources and time, on POE, be seeing at least some form of anything?

Edited by GlaikitMayflies
  • Like 1

"Answer"

Spoiler

I believe that like most other stuff it'll be more like "git gud". I guess DE could run a script of sorts but that doesn't happen very often. All I care right now are the decorations prices, as they were obviously a bad taste measure to shush the community when it was complaining about the lack of content. They should be more in-line with Fortuna and that's not debatable for me. I hope this update has corrected that.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

No and no, which sucks for old players. but for the future of new players, it's alright. The game needs to survive. Older players spend less and less time playing the game. new players are the future. And the cycle repeats. just my observation but I do think we should receive some form of compensation, maybe resources will do, like 10k oxium or something

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GlaikitMayflies said:

Well players who had to suffer through the plains of eidolon grind on day 1 be seeing some form of compensation for their efforts? Well those who wasted resources and time, on POE, be seeing at least some form of anything?

As per DE[Rebecca] on Reddit when asked this: 

"Same thing that will happen to mine - we can build them or sell them but the script idea is floating around now.
We have no major compensation plans right now because of how much time has passed."

Obviously if you had an arcane BP you got it converted into a built item. That's about all you get. No plans for compensation, which I think is fair. 

Link in question: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/b9gghl/another_part_of_the_poe_remaster_economy_remaster/ek4c2hm?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir_Carl said:

No and no, which sucks for old players. but for the future of new players, it's alright. The game needs to survive. Older players spend less and less time playing the game. new players are the future. And the cycle repeats. just my observation but I do think we should receive some form of compensation, maybe resources will do, like 10k oxium or something

"Older players spend less and less time playing the game"

Based on what metric? Been here since closed beta, and I'm still playing.

3 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

As per DE[Rebecca] on Reddit when asked this: 

"Same thing that will happen to mine - we can build them or sell them but the script idea is floating around now.
We have no major compensation plans right now because of how much time has passed."

Obviously if you had an arcane BP you got it converted into a built item. That's about all you get. No plans for compensation, which I think is fair. 

Link in question: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/b9gghl/another_part_of_the_poe_remaster_economy_remaster/ek4c2hm?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Okay. This is at least something.

4 minutes ago, GlaikitMayflies said:

"Older players spend less and less time playing the game"

Based on what metric? Been here since closed beta, and I'm still playing.

It's mostly because new players are more likely to "spend to advance faster", whereas veterans either already have stockpiles of everything, including plat and cosmetics, and already mastered the most effective ways to get whatever they want with the least possible cost/burnout. And that also means that most veterans who do spend on the game as veterans, most likely do it to support the game or purely for cosmetics.

Not an exact science, to be sure, but it's the most common scenario.

Honestly if it made stuff easier later on for newer/older players then its a welcome change, if down the line it makes everything better then I'm ok with it even when no compensation was given, its a little sacrifice for everyone's enjoyment.

3 hours ago, Maou said:

Honestly if it made stuff easier later on for newer/older players then its a welcome change, if down the line it makes everything better then I'm ok with it even when no compensation was given, its a little sacrifice for everyone's enjoyment.

I disagree, but whatever. No point in getting emotional over this.

There is also an element of growth. As the game expands and there are more things to do, burnout and frustration will increase if the grind isn’t made easier. When I log on, I have a choice to make about where I put my time. Do I grind standing, farm for an item, farm relics, fissures, nightmare, Nightwave, bounties etc etc. Each one of these examples, of which there are many more, can take at least an hour to clear properly. It’s exhausting to even think about for a low - mid level player. I’m not even bothering with Fortuna because I have so much other stuff I want to do first. 

With these changes, I might either have the time now or at least get round to it quicker. 

Edited by Mez999

hace 1 hora, GlaikitMayflies dijo:

You get the advantage of being use whatever you craft for all this time ...

Edited by Yagamilight123

1 hour ago, GlaikitMayflies said:

That's not how this works.  That's not how any of this works.

Nope. We all did it, and it's done and in the past. Water under the bridge. We had the stuff before players that didn't do the previous grind did, got to get even farther ahead by having it, and unless you were miserable about the whole thing, had some fun in the process. 

In other words, why we still talkin' bout old S#&$?

3 hours ago, Vaz2017 said:

That's not how this works.  That's not how any of this works.

I've been here far longer than you have. I think I have an idea of how this game works. The issue is, plains of eidolon was not fun at launch. People were subjugated to an awful grind, and a rather miserable experience. Now, here is DE giving new players a free pass, because reasons. This is basically if they were to make the acolyte event come back, but increased the drop rates of the rare mods.

3 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Nope. We all did it, and it's done and in the past. Water under the bridge. We had the stuff before players that didn't do the previous grind did, got to get even farther ahead by having it, and unless you were miserable about the whole thing, had some fun in the process. 

In other words, why we still talkin' bout old S#&$?

Insightful comment. 

1 minute ago, GlaikitMayflies said:

Insightful comment. 

You already had your previous thread deleted. 

Belittling people who disagree with you isn't going to do much for this thread here. 

Besides, I think this issue has already been officially answered. It's not going anywhere. :/ 

3 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

You already had your previous thread deleted. 

Belittling people who disagree with you isn't going to do much for this thread here. 

Besides, I think this issue has already been officially answered. It's not going anywhere. 😕

In what way have I belittled the user? He gave a snarky comment I replied. I know, but am I not entitled to vent off my frustration? In all the years that DE has done stuff of similar manner, I always just ignored it. Choosing instead to play a different game, and giving warframe a break. But what irritates me is that I just recently grinded the cetus standing, only for this "remaster" to drop.

2 minutes ago, GlaikitMayflies said:

I've been here far longer than you have. I think I have an idea of how this game works. The issue is, plains of eidolon was not fun at launch. People were subjugated to an awful grind, and a rather miserable experience. Now, here is DE giving new players a free pass, because reasons. This is basically if they were to make the acolyte event come back, but increased the drop rates of the rare mods.

Maybe, but chances are I've been playing MMOs far longer than you have.  Many Warframe players are incredibly spoiled and have no sense of context.  Case in point: it would be extremely unusual for a reimbursement to be provided for something like this.

2 hours ago, GlaikitMayflies said:

Like I said to the other person who asked the same question - how are DE supposed to "compensate" you for time spent playing the game?

F2P online games are subject to change...you should know this (or at least have read the EULA / TOS). DE don't have to compensate anyone for this.

Just be glad you don't have to grind anymore.

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 1

I grinded my ass off for Arcanes and stuff as well but I don't feel like I need "compensation for my efforts". I can't understand the crab mentality some people have. These changes are a major improvement to the game as a whole and that's the only thing that matters to me.

Edited by Guest