Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High MR people

SemperAdMeliora

12 minutes ago, Nukesnipe said:

The Ivara one was funny.  He ran face-first into a laser with Loki, set off the alarm and almost failed the Sortie for us.  Meanwhile, I beat him to two of the spy objectives.

Sounds about right.  A Loki face tanking a laser.  In almost every spy mission that I've pub'ed, that has been the case.   LOL  Every now and then I will pub a spy just to see if it still happens.  

9 minutes ago, Nukesnipe said:

In my almost 1k hours in the game, I can say with certainty that every single A****** I've met has been MR20+.  I'm not saying that every MR20+ is an A******, but every A****** I've encountered has been 20+.  Stuff like yelling at someone for letting one excavator get blown up when the person they're yelling at is MR3, yelling at me for taking Ivara to spy missions, etc.

The Ivara one was funny.  He ran face-first into a laser with Loki, set off the alarm and almost failed the Sortie for us.  Meanwhile, I beat him to two of the spy objectives.

Yup. If I ever have a really bad experience in a mission it’s because of a MR20+ player. They are almost exclusively the only leeches I ever see too. The only issue I ever run into with mid-level MR players is unnecessarily dragging missions out. 

I actually get the opposite.

I've been max MR for whatever rank at the time for years and get Toxic players accusing me of being a try hard or overachiever when in reality there's just little to do in this game when you've played it long enough. It's one of the main reasons I turned Voice off in-game very early in it's implementation.

9 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Sounds about right.  A Loki face tanking a laser.  In almost every spy mission that I've pub'ed, that has been the case.   LOL  Every now and then I will pub a spy just to see if it still happens.  

Lol, I do it on purpose. Just roll right on through. Quicker that way.

Psh Infiltrator Augment. Rolling Battering Ram Loki is on the case.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Lol, I do it on purpose. Just roll right on through. Quicker that way.

Psh Infiltrator Augment. Rolling Battering Ram Loki is on the case.

That's ok only if you know how to hack the consoles.  Doing that in sorties and failing to hack the consoles is a no no.  

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's ok only if you know how to hack the consoles.  Doing that in sorties and failing to hack the consoles is a no no.  

Should be a no go regardless IMO.

If only the game rewarded us for not making mistakes instead of purposely making them to our advantage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Should be a no go regardless IMO.

If only the game rewarded us for not making mistakes instead of purposely making them to our advantage.

I would love this if they did that.  It would encourage more stealthy play.  

Probably been said, but I'm not reading this dead horse discussion.

MR doesn't mean anything. For elitists nor for anyone's attitude. All MR means is that you've been around long enough to collect and rank all the weapons and/or warframes to get you to that MR level and have passed all the silly little tests.

As for the attitude: MR doesn't make a person an @$$hole. An @$$hole is an @$$hole regardless of MR rank, or any other title in a game, or in life. Mute the morons and move on to play with the majority of the community that are decent people.

Edited by Ryim_Drykeon

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I asked him how my Ivara was doing after having rezed him, while getting most kills and damage in the first 10 waves.

Go to love those people. I got call a try hard because I made the same comment to someone during a toroid farm. I got tired of the harassment and rezzing him that he soon just remained dead. Was worth the chuckle and then I blocked em.

I’ve dealt with some people like that. Truth is, MR means squat. Once you get to MR 16 there isn’t much incentive go any further. The highest MR locked weapon is at MR 15 and the highest MR locked riven mod is at 16. Your collection of mods, weapons, frames, and overall knowledge of the game is what separates noobs from the veterans. This high MR mentality kinda reminds me of year 1 destiny where if you didn’t have gjallarhorn you were never considered for raids. That elitist attitude annoys everyone really

id say this is a mixed thing

ive met a  lot of lower mr tenno give bad advise and correct them, thats is simply due to them not having played much or know the subject well

when I was mr 15 i was giving info to mr 20+  who just played without learning game mechanics, but the actual answer is mr dosnt equal skill level or knowledge its time played and experience understanding the games mechanics 

On 2019-04-08 at 10:13 AM, QueenCarnage said:

Thank you for letting me know. I am in love with WF, but mean communities really scare me! Thanks again for taking your time to let me know, have a great day.

You to 🙂

Let me know if you need anything. I can try help out where I can. 

• Like 1

Right now i fkn idiot called me toxic(exactly: "You are the first toxic player i have seen in this game") and threaten  me to report me  during a relic interception. they wanted to continue and after that they didn't use any relics...  because I told it was stupid to continue and then not using any relics... With this i wanna be sure you are not one of these guys...

Edited by bibmobello

I am sure there are high MR ppl who are A******s, though I personally haven't run into that many of them.
Most of the high MR ppl I run into are pretty mature and helpful.

Most of the low MR ppl I run into either sincerely need help with game mechanics, or are already surprisingly knowledgeable.

Gotta say though, on multiple occasions I have run into low MR people who THINK they know what they are talking about, and are very stubborn about giving their erroneous "advice" to others, and refuse to listen to corrections by more knowledgeable people.