Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High MR people

SemperAdMeliora

5 minutes ago, QueenCarnage said:

They attacked me immidiately for it, and I just apologized and left. 

This wasnt the first occassion I got attacked either

If they are attack u with text, they cannot attack you qdirectly in your real life, just ignore them, and why u even care, smile yourself and move on.

Who gives as Sh*t for them! 🤗

• Like 1

there is another few ways to look at it to ..

Not all 24+ mr are bad

and

what  do 0 to 23 mr complain so much about high mr as well ...

ive seen some pretty crappy players in all mr when i say crappy i mean there attitude's towards all players....

All i do most days is help anyone that needs it i dont care what mr they are ...

1 hour ago, QueenCarnage said:

Thank you for letting me know. I am in love with WF, but mean communities really scare me! Thanks again for taking your time to let me know, have a great day.

there's an ignore button so just ask your dumb questions (i ask dumb stuff all the time) & if someone's rude or verbally abusive you can click ignore, mute, and send feedback on them. You'll most likely never have to deal with them again. Besides getting chewed out over not being good at a game isn't a big deal, being assaulted physically on the street is.

Higher MR doesn't always mean more knowledge

true.

fun story, i'm a mr 26, and when the exploiter orb update hit pc, i joined a group to do the bossfight, there were 2 mr below mr15, and one at 27, i stated that that was my second run(first one i did it in solo), and they asked me to bring nova.

well, they blamed me at first stage, and a lot, why? because  with nova(now is fixed) you could oneshot all the vents, by pressing 2,i didn't know about that trick(hell, it was my second run) then, they started calling me noob and stupid, because since i'm high mr, i must automatically know everything.

i can understand basic things or tricks should be known by high mr people, but just because i have an high mr, it doesn't mean i automatically know every single advanced trick/glitch/special builds/whatever of the game.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, QueenCarnage said:

Im MR11 as of now. Ive been playing the game for roundabout 2 months and Im taking my time to understand and learn about everything it throws at me. Im mostly using equinox, which Ive made a build for that works well for both forms.

So in short, it gives defense and offense if needed. Ive only suggested to the person who only seemed to be using 1 ability (in a wrong way, too) that they should try actually letting it charge the dps (Equinox day forms 4th) before releasing. They attacked me immidiately for it, and I just apologized and left. 

This wasnt the first occassion I got attacked either

Ah, if you're just handing out unsolicited advice about things that aren't adversely affecting you, I'd suggest not bothering. It's an easy way to put someone's back up for no real purpose. I stick to politely asking people to not do things that slow down missions/disrupt play/make things more tedious than they need to be. Like a max range Limbo on an easy defense mission, killing Index enemies at the Tenno goal and not picking up the points, &c.

I started playing Warframe about 4 months after release. I have never cared to level my MR beyond what is prerequisite for gear. I'm not sure if I would have cared to play as long if at any point I hit the cap by having leveled and thrown away most the game has to offer. To me, MR fodder does not exist, I don't play with it. As a result, I sometimes myself get scrutinized by players with a much higher MR, but with years less playtime. Balance in this game changes based on the FOTM more than most because we literally don't have to invest much into new options. Worry not, after about MR 13 it CEASES TO MATTER AT ALL. At this point it is literally to show off how much garbage assets you didn't even test because it sat on your belt the whole time. Make sure to do operations when they come around, they give you stratos emblems and events sometimes gives you a sigil to show it off. I usually rock stratos+survival or stratos+tethra's doom to show off how long I've been playing. MR is the same level of combat effective as those.  

What's the deal with MR24-27 people constantly insulting people for giving advice, but being a low MR?

Higher MR doesn't always mean more knowledge, they could just be sitting leveling gear and getting rid of it.

Are all of them like this? I'm fairly new and honestly I was afraid to ask :'D

Higher MR, SHOULD be more knowledgable, not always the case...
But not all of us are like that. Then again idk what was the advice, might have been wrong.

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

Recently i have seen ML 8 giving orders to ML 24+:

Don't move, don't go there, don't use that ability... Don't breathe...

Anyway yes there are frustrated people generally insulting you without any reason showing their high ranks and often they come with clan mates to bully people, just ignore and report them. 

I've done this at MR 2, but not MR 24, it was MR 19... Made a second account, did a few public missions, players were being annoyingly ineffective, explained how to do things faster, and profit. Took a bit convincing that i knew what i was talking about, but hey, they came around.

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 1

It was worse before. When raids were a thing I started trying to do them at MR 7. I had over 1200 hours and could do any content in the game easy, but having to explain this every time to players who could do far less then I could had far less exp but a higher mmr got annoying for sure.

MR 27 here with everything maxed but the Little Duck's amps and Hildryn's archwing gun.

Not only that, but as you can see, I've been here since the beginning.

However, half of the Warframe player-base including low MRs know more about Warframe than I do. I don't watch Youtubers nor do I really get into the meta. I'm a petty and simple man who enjoys the small things in Warframe which are things that is mostly useless to other players. I am a solo player so topics regarding team composition and synergy go right over my head.

So yeah most people probably know how to play Warframe better than me regardless of how long I've been here or what my MR is.

I know.  I'm only MR 25 and those 26 and 27s are so mean.  Seriously I find it funny that people only notice bad people when their MR is high.  I constantly help people and give away things for free.  I also ask people with lower MRs questions sometimes.  It's not everyone and it had nothing to do with MR.

Edited by (PS4)thowed

I am actually one of those horrible A******s who laughs at low MR and constantly talks S#&$ about noobs. If you played any session with me and I start talking, it will not be a pleasant experience.

But I don't talk and I am goal oriented. Thing is, many high MR players won't openly talk S#&$ if the mission could finish faster. Even the bad ones like me. We tend to ignore conversation for most part so if someone talks they are probably too free.

And there are many useless idiots who are low MR who decide to troll and be annoying as well. Bad behavior is not linked to MR, it is simply humans being human.

Yes, I am MR 26 you can check my profile if you want.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, QueenCarnage said:

Higher MR doesn't always mean more knowledge, they could just be sitting leveling gear and getting rid of it.

True statement. I'm 1600+ hours and only MR 21. I've never actively grinded Mastery and still have over a half dozen "basic" frames to build and level. Heck, a few months ago I was only MR 19 or something, then finally cashed in on a bunch of primes.

I am MR 24, and as one I am Sorry that you have ran across people that are toxic.

even though I am MR 24, there are still things that I am learning about the game, and when you see people like that. Please report their toxic butts. 

high MR level players should never be harassing new players, they have forgotten that they too was once a newbie.

I remember that back when I started, Higher MR usually meant people who were patient, well tempered, and mature.  I know that now it's different, to be honest, I kinda miss the experiences I used to have in warframe.  As the game has become more about killing and short-form content, communication has broken down.  WAY back in 2014 when we had the hard CC Meta (pre-viver),  I feel like the game was more difficult and players needed to communicate to understand how to do well in missions.  We all wanted to do our best in things like prime farms because somebody was using a key to open the mission.  The game's older community is burnt out and is trying other things.  The newest wave of high MR players who learned the game after things like Zaws and Rivens were added kinda never got to experience the old players.  I wonder if they just always played warframe in a selfish way and that's why they respond in toxic ways to general conversation.

Every game has its nozzle heads. For example, I was playing a mid level interception mission a couple days ago. There was an MR 26 player, me at 16, then the other two were something like 5 or 6.

I was jumping between points trying to help the two lower MR players hold their points and trying to keep mine too. The MR 26 guy as yelling at me in chat and calling me a moron because I wouldn't stand perfectly still on one point like he was.

I didn't pick him up when he died.

What's the deal with MR24-27 people constantly insulting people for giving advice, but being a low MR? 

yes, DE only gives out MR 24-27 exclusively to people like that

5 minutes ago, QueenCarnage said:

I realize my wording was a bit weird there, Im only using those numbers as thats the roster of the most toxic people Ive encountered, nobody is off the table

It's eliteism, nothing more. Most mr24+ (hell 15+) can solo most missions in the game. Honestly I feel it irresponsible at my level of play to expect to rely upon any of my teammates. I have the ability to complete the mission, and help some people out at the same time. Most often there are at least 2 well overgeared people competing to see which saryn/banshee/equinox/ember can kill the most enemies with the least effort, all the while the rest search fruitlessly for enemies with a heartbeat. You will get there someday. You got Equinox? Slap powertrength, range, and energy on, go sun mode, press 4, deal 90% of damage while dancing. Want to get engaging? Slap energy transfer on and now you can build mend/maim in one form and release it in another. All said, play how you want. Any mr24 is capable of this strategy with 4+ warframes they should already have. It is their fault for entering unprepared, as it was a choice they actively made. 

5 hours ago, QueenCarnage said:

What's the deal with high MR people constantly insulting others for giving advice, but being a low MR?

Edit: Fixed wording.

The trolls in region are annoying. My tag here is my tag in game. If you want to know something, PM me. If I dont know, I can usually find out or point you to some one who does know. Also on the trolls in region are bored. They remember a day when the game was much harder and are angry at the ease of the game. So they troll people to make it harder on them. I've PMed a couple and they actually said they do this. Make friends with a few of the higher MR people and you'll find people willing to help with info, farming, progression advice and more.

It's the side effect of too many ways to afk/leech level these days. Back when it was a young game, MR was a hard slog and most of the high MRs were actually good players. Now however it's far too easy for a new player to just their MR in a months play to MR 25 or so. They haven't bothered to learn about the game having spent most of it standing still in Hydron and therefore have no idea what they're doing. Most of these players are easy to identify, they're high MR, their most played frames are Excalibur and Rhino and they have less than 1000 hours played. That's not to say they're all like that but the ones that are usually have these characteristics. They usually think that because they're high MR they're a bigshot that can talk down to others and it's amusing to watch them get downed in missions while blaming their team for their own incompetence.

A littlw while ago I did a GOTL that was a higher level interception, lvl 60-80. The requirement was 4 waves. On my team I had 2 MR 20+ and a lower MR player. I was on nova, they brought an inaros, a valkyr and an EV trin. I slowed the entire map, the grineer mercury one and they spent the first few waves running around killing everything. When I asked them to just let everyone be cc'd the response I got was "lol we're winning anyway noob". When I pointed out that it was because I was slowing the entire map that they were having an easy time they replied that they "didn't need my help". So I stopped using my 4 which I had to spam because they kept killing everything and sat in my operator mode to watch the fun. Sure enough they start dropping and blaming me. I made sure to revive the lower MR the whole time. I continued to watch them drop, the enemy capture got to 80% and I started playing again after they started begging me to help so they wouldn't fail. By rights I probably should've left so they could accept their fate but with respect to the lower MR who was trying hard I saved the mission for them. I only hope they actually learnt something from the experience but with the arrogance they were showing I doubt it.

If you meet silly people like this in your game, either ignore them when they're rude or do as I did and give em a free  lesson. Maybe some of them will end up being less clueless high MR's.