Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two. We have two this week. :')

(NSW)Sniperfox47

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Better give 10k standing for that.  1 hour solo survival shouldn't be a measly 5k. 

I still want the ability to reroll challenges though.  Or even just let them reroll as a solo challenge.  This would give players who are #sololyf the ability to change a challenge in their favor. 

There has always been an issue with DE missing the forest for the trees. :/ 

But I am in total agreement. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see actual challenges with appropriate rewards.

Elitism, will be screamed. Unfairness. The usual.  

10 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And again, no regular alert lasted for a week. 

Like I said, and showed, your math is demonstrably wrong regardless of where you are trying to put your goalposts. 

Again, I agree, but there is a need to compare them fairly. A week is the shortest time frame available to do so.

Only wrong on the Rank 3 to 6 gap. For the rest, my point stands: to get any Creds to spend each week, you have to do at least one Elite.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

This gets its own special reply. 

What you said was:

"As I explained in the comprehensive Nightwave/Wolf of Saturn Six feedback I submitted a while back, I think one of DE'smistake is integrating Nightwave and WoS6 too much, requiring people to do at least one Elite a week just to have enough Creds to spend on anything, and pressuring players who are not in position to be participating in WoS6 to do so anyway."

So, again. No. 

Actually, yes, as elaborated above. My focus has been on the a week-by-week time frame throughout.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Better give 10k standing for that.  1 hour solo survival shouldn't be a measly 5k. 

I still want the ability to reroll challenges though.  Or even just let them reroll as a solo challenge.  This would give players who are #sololyf the ability to change a challenge in their favor. 

That's most of the problem from what I can see, though I'm the type who would rather do 240 minutes of survival over the course of a week than 60 in one sitting. Mainly because it gets boring watching a Hydroid and Nekros spam their abilities to maximize life support drops while 1 or 2 DPS frames nuke the tileset over and over.

I'd say a "once a week" reroll for things like these would solve many of the problems, those who like them do them and those who don't reroll em, everyone is happy.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That's most of the problem from what I can see, though I'm the type who would rather do 240 minutes of survival over the course of a week than 60 in one sitting. Mainly because it gets boring watching a Hydroid and Nekros spam their abilities to maximize life support drops while 1 or 2 DPS frames nuke the tileset over and over.

I'd say a "once a week" reroll for things like these would solve many of the problems, those who like them do them and those who don't reroll em, everyone is happy.

Well, I'm sure someone would find a way to be unhappy about it lol

Just now, MagPrime said:

Well, I'm sure someone would find a way to be unhappy about it lol

Likely something like this.

"PEOPLE GET TO REROLL THIS 60 MINUTE SURVIVAL THAT I LIKE?! HOW DARE THEY NOT LIKE WHAT I LIKE!? NOOBS! LOSERS! THEY DON'T DESERVE THE SAME CREDIT I GET BECAUSE I'M BETTER THAN THEM (indescribable sounds of anger)"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

probably by the OP of this one.

Ha ha.

You do realize I started this in offtopic for a reason right? I am well aware of how much I'm beating a dead horse with this topic, hence the self depricating humor.

But tossing insults at others doesn't make you look any more skillful. If you want to believe I'm a helpless noob that's up to you. But I am well past prestigeing just like everyone else here and I have been actively helping out newer players for whom these tasks are literally impossible at their point in the game. If you pop on Switch Recruiting chat while I'm in game you'll find me there 🙂 Happy to help even someone as salty as you.

Care to share how many new players your toxic "u just suc stop whining nub" attitude helps? These are the players that the game needs to retain to afford making new content for people like you xD

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Ha ha.

You do realize I started this in offtopic for a reason right? I am well aware of how much I'm beating a dead horse with this topic, hence the self depricating humor.

But tossing insults at others doesn't make you look any more skillful. If you want to believe I'm a helpless noob that's up to you. But I am well past prestigeing just like everyone else here and I have been actively helping out newer players for whom these tasks are literally impossible at their point in the game. If you pop on Switch Recruiting chat while I'm in game you'll find me there 🙂 Happy to help even someone as salty as you.

Care to share how many new players your toxic "u just suc stop whining nub" attitude helps? These are the players that the game needs to retain to afford making new content for people like you xD

Your thread has been merged with at least 3 other threads, Zilchy is referring to the OP of the newest merger, not you. 

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Likely something like this.

"PEOPLE GET TO REROLL THIS 60 MINUTE SURVIVAL THAT I LIKE?! HOW DARE THEY NOT LIKE WHAT I LIKE!? NOOBS! LOSERS! THEY DON'T DESERVE THE SAME CREDIT I GET BECAUSE I'M BETTER THAN THEM (indescribable sounds of anger)"

Nah. More like "I did the challenge like DE wanted! No one should be able to reroll it and get it easier!  I'm better than the people who rerolled because they're weak and took the easy way out! We shouldn't be able to reroll things because it trivialized my effort somehow!"

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Nah. More like "I did the challenge like DE wanted! No one should be able to reroll it and get it easier!  I'm better than the people who rerolled because they're weak and took the easy way out! We shouldn't be able to reroll things because it trivialized my effort somehow!"

Or some mix of the two, or some insane Lua logic that neither of us could possibly figure out.

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Your thread has been merged with at least 3 other threads, Zilchy is referring to the OP of the newest merger, not you. 

Because that's not confusing AF at all xD Is there at least a merge notice or something on the desktop site? On the mobile site there's no indication that his comment is from a different thread.

7 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Again, I agree, but there is a need to compare them fairly. A week is the shortest time frame available to do so.

Only wrong on the Rank 3 to 6 gap. For the rest, my point stands: to get any Creds to spend each week, you have to do at least one Elite.

6 cred offerings, 10 weeks. You literally can't earn creds every single week no matter how many elite missions you do. 

Also you pick an arbitrary time of a week claiming that it's fair. I propose picking "the length of the event being discussed" instead as significantly more fair. Works for the 1 hour alerts and the nightwave event. 

17 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Actually, yes, as elaborated above. My focus has been on the a week-by-week time frame throughout.

And mine has been that your math is inherently flawed and your subsequent claims are therefore false. I suggest that you recheck your math. 

Just now, Aldain said:

Or some mix of the two, or some insane Lua logic that neither of us could possibly figure out.

Yeah, some people are pretty creative when it comes to complaints. 

Just now, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Because that's not confusing AF at all xD Is there at least a merge notice or something on the desktop site? On the mobile site there's no indication that his comment is from a different thread.

Nope, no indicators.  You know by watching it happen or piecing together the patchwork of unrelated comments. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Yeh I was replying to the guy who maxe a thread saying he wasn't going to waste his time with it lol. Nice of them to suddenly merge it all, probably tired of the same complaints over and over. Ease back on the retaliation lol. 

Also don't need help but thanks for the offer, past prestige 10 at the moment.

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Yeh I was replying to the guy who maxe a thread saying he wasn't going to waste his time with it lol. Nice of them to suddenly merge it all, probably tired of the same complaints over and over.

I apologize for commenting to you in such a defensive manner then. I thought it was safe to assume your comment was targeted at me based on our past interactions. My bad.

I can totally understand people getting sick of it but I think that such a loud opposition from people who have never really been vocal on the forums says quite a bit. I've seen a lot of people posting complaints who only have a few posts to their name despite having accounts that have been around for quite a while.

Even myself, I only had a few posts on the Forums when I played PC, and even since moving to Switch I didn't really say too much on here until the start of Nightwave when I got frustrated to the point of chipping in. Since then I've tried to add my 2 cents to as many Nightwave threads as possible to help get the point across.

I can totally understand getting sick of the whining but I hope you understand that we wouldn't be here whining if we didn't see serious problems with the current implimentation. Ignoring them and shutting up doesn't solve anything, and while complaining may just get ignored by DE and may not fix anything either at least we can feel like we tried doing *something*.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

I apologize for commenting to you in such a defensive manner then. I thought it was safe to assume your comment was targeted at me based on our past interactions. My bad.

I can totally understand people getting sick of it but I think that such a loud opposition from people who have never really been vocal on the forums says quite a bit. I've seen a lot of people posting complaints who only have a few posts to their name despite having accounts that have been around for quite a while.

Even myself, I only had a few posts on the Forums when I played PC, and even since moving to Switch I didn't really say too much on here until the start of Nightwave when I got frustrated to the point of chipping in. Since then I've tried to add my 2 cents to as many Nightwave threads as possible to help get the point across.

I can totally understand getting sick of the whining but I hope you understand that we wouldn't be here whining if we didn't see serious problems with the current implimentation. Ignoring them and shutting up doesn't solve anything, and while complaining may just get ignored by DE and may not fix anything either at least we can feel like we tried doing *something*.

It's all good mate 🙂

Biggest problem with that theory is that I recognise plenty of serial whiners amongst the few others actually making points for the first time so its not all that different from the constant other complaints they make. The longer you spend on the forums the more you'll see this.

Edited by Zilchy

@MagPrime @(XB1)AdolphBinStalin @(PS4)death404 

Whew that was a lot of @'s haha. Unexpected.

I appreciate the offers. I'm Nightwave rank 36 or was it 38 (played real late last night did nearly every challenge except the Elites) so I'm fine. Even though I hate not seeing the Nightwave Menu all completed. All I needed this week were potatos for my shiny new Hildryn & Baruuk.

Right now my big concern in truth is helping my newbies get it done. As they really want the rewards but often have the skip some challenges due to where they are at in the game. Due to our work schedules I can only carry them so much. But I also can only repeat/help with each Nightwave challenge so many times before I become mentally drained.

Sadly they become 1 shot around 30 minutes...ish (the level 30 requirement...).

That's when I tend to run out options. As they are new to the game take a guess who is the Nekros Despoil Tank?

Nekros isn't exactly the best at keeping them alive, while farming for life support, while focusing in major threats, while keeping enemy numbers down, while trying to keep all his tank abilities up, while trying to CC when possible...

It's too much to juggle while constantly reviving people. (I've tried hiding them a panic room but then the spawns get all weird or 1 npc shows a fraction of intelligence & actually throws a damn grenade.)

The challenges at this point are just irritating for me. Almost as annoying as Profit Taker was. (Just not fun to solo. And the friend requirement means I have dead weight along with even more adds to add to the solo fight. So it's just..."tedious". I'm venting...I'll shut up.)

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

6 cred offerings, 10 weeks. You literally can't earn creds every single week no matter how many elite missions you do. 

Also you pick an arbitrary time of a week claiming that it's fair. I propose picking "the length of the event being discussed" instead as significantly more fair. Works for the 1 hour alerts and the nightwave event. 

And mine has been that your math is inherently flawed and your subsequent claims are therefore false. I suggest that you recheck your math. 

Well, I... ...mostly did. The final 70,000 Standing gap meant I missed out for a week before the Prestige ranks. But that just speaks to the problem I highlighted from my feedback: an entire week's worth of effort, including at least one Elite (Rank 3 to 6 gap aside), just to get Creds to spend on mundane Alerts items.

Not arbitrary at all, since, again, Alerts deliver items on a very short time frame, not ten weeks. When people played Alerts, they did not think about the rewards they were going to get ten weeks later; they were thinking about the rewards they were going to get in the next 30 to 2 hours each Alert was going to last, and up to 10 minutes they were going spend to play through one. It is therefore not fair to compare such vastly different time frames. The base daily and weekly Nightwave system also does not operate on as short a time frame as Alerts either, but is far closer, hence my choice to narrow my focus to a week-by-week basis.

In fact, as I alluded to in the original post you quoted, your 10-week time frame would be better compared to an Operation or other special events, rather than a mundane system that delivers items on the basis of a very short time frame. That people, apparently including yourself, are confusing the two together, is a problem, hence my feedback proposing greater separation between the two.

I will admit that I didn't put too much thought into my math, but having done some rudimentary calculations over the course of replying to this thread, I can conclude that the main point of my original post you quoted stands strongly as ever: players are being pressured to do Elites just to get Creds to purchase mundane Alerts items on a weekly basis. Elites which, as we are seeing in this thread, vary wildly in effort and commitment required. All that's needed to see the problem I highlighted is to imagine if someone were to come in this week, for whatever reason, starting at Rank 0, and just wanting to buy some mundane Alerts items.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Agreed.

If I could do them solo. I'd be fine. But the with a friend part locks me out. I'm also not going to carry a perfect stranger, I have a serious issue with Fake Friends in real life. I'll be damned if I start allowing fake friends in my gaming life.

Many of my RL friends are new players & they can't handle the Endurance run challenges.

I can't keep them safe when they become one shot.

Thankfully I'm already rank 37. So I can skip ALL these.

Ironically, my friends, their friends, region chat, etc. Seems like the extreme majority of the community plans to skip these.

I know DE said they don't plan to change the challenges till next Nightwave...so my guess...knowing @[DE]Rebecca and her amazing spreadsheets/data collection techniques...

She'll see what challenges saw the most participation from the community, which challenges were accessible, well recieved, negatively received, and etc. With the positives being worked into Series 2.

I expect the negative & low participation challenges to be extremely rare to non-existent moving forward.

I also think DE said they plan to retune the Ayatan Treasure challenge to 1 or something feasible for all audiences.

I HOPE DE applies "The Rule of 3" to the complete: Sortie, ESO, Nightmare (seems like they have already done this), & etc challenges.

I kept my mr1 friend safe from one shot doing infested survival for 60 mins. 🤔 She was on valkyr, I was on Oberon prime. Did it duo. Infested got up to lv 98 by the time we finished.  

Is this another git gut thread? 🤨

Edited by Alexandrious

1 minute ago, Alexandrious said:

I kept my mr1 friend safe from one shot doing infested survival for 60 mins. 🤔 She was on valkyr, I was on Oberon prime. Did it duo. Infested got up to lv 98 by the time we finished.  

Is this another git gut thread? 🤨

Only if you make it such a toxic thread.

Sadly my newbies don't own Valkyr. So no invincibility for them.

• Like 1

All I'm going to say on the nightwave topic is my usual...

I like Nightwave. It really breathes life into some older game modes. I like the direct buy system. I like the tier rewards.

The challenges however need to be a little more Organic. They need to complment gameplay, occassionally shake up a players playstyle (the elemental, gliding, wall latching, stealth challenges are good examples of this), and overall be something that can be more passive but while also needing some focus.

As it currently stands Nightwave is flip-flopping between the various segments of the player community which creates conflict. The Endurance, The Elitists, The Braggarts, The New Player Haters, etc. All occasionally have challenges made for them that they love but others hate with a passion. The challenges need to be "neutral" while game modes need to be introduced to appease those communities.

Forcing a playstyle never ends well.

DE might as well add Archwing & PVP challenges to appease those communities while they are at it. Just piss everyone off.

I like Nightwave but DE needs to make it compliment gameplay not twist players arms behind their back & as this thread shows...create conflict between players. 

That is just bad design.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

All I'm going to say on the nightwave topic is my usual...

I like Nightwave. It really breathes life into some older game modes. I like the direct buy system. I like the tier rewards.

The challenges however need to be a little more Organic. They need to complment gameplay, occassionally shake up a players playstyle (the elemental, gliding, wall latching, stealth challenges are good examples of this), and overall be something that can be more passive but while also needing some focus.

As it currently stands Nightwave is flip-flopping between the various segments of the player community which creates conflict. The Endurance, The Elitists, The Braggarts, The New Player Haters, etc. All occasionally have challenges made for them that they love but others hate with a passion. The challenges need to be "neutral" while game modes need to be introduced to appease those communities.

Forcing a playstyle never ends well.

DE might as well add Archwing & PVP challenges to appease those communities while they are at it. Just piss everyone off.

I like Nightwave but DE needs to make it compliment gameplay not twist players arms behind their back & as this thread shows...create conflict between players. 

That is just bad design.

Now look what ya did, ya gave them the idea. Now I gotta go make my archwing loadout better. 😕

1 hour ago, KnossosTNC said:

Well, I... ...mostly did. The final 70,000 Standing gap meant I missed out for a week before the Prestige ranks. But that just speaks to the problem I highlighted from my feedback: an entire week's worth of effort, including at least one Elite (Rank 3 to 6 gap aside), just to get Creds to spend on mundane Alerts items.

Not arbitrary at all, since, again, Alerts deliver items on a very short time frame, not ten weeks. When people played Alerts, they did not think about the rewards they were going to get ten weeks later; they were thinking about the rewards they were going to get in the next 30 to 2 hours each Alert was going to last, and up to 10 minutes they were going spend to play through one. It is therefore not fair to compare such vastly different time frames. The base daily and weekly Nightwave system also does not operate on as short a time frame as Alerts either, but is far closer, hence my choice to narrow my focus to a week-by-week basis.

In fact, as I alluded to in the original post you quoted, your 10-week time frame would be better compared to an Operation or other special events, rather than a mundane system that delivers items on the basis of a very short time frame. That people, apparently including yourself, are confusing the two together, is a problem, hence my feedback proposing greater separation between the two.

I will admit that I didn't put too much thought into my math, but having done some rudimentary calculations over the course of replying to this thread, I can conclude that the main point of my original post you quoted stands strongly as ever: players are being pressured to do Elites just to get Creds to purchase mundane Alerts items on a weekly basis. Elites which, as we are seeing in this thread, vary wildly in effort and commitment required. All that's needed to see the problem is to imagine if someone were to come in this week, for whatever reason, starting at Rank 0, and just wanting to buy some mundane Alerts items.

You're on your own. From flawed math that you simultaneously try to acknowledge and refuse to acknowledge as flawed; down to your arbitrary choice of one week as being comparable to alerts that lasted an hour; and the apparent inability to grasp the fact that we could even have hit rank 30 by the end of the event without having done a single elite challenge or capturing even a single fugitive. 

Good luck to you, Tenno but there's no profit for me in explaining the obvious to someone who chooses to be oblivious. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You're on your own. From flawed math that you simultaneously try to acknowledge and refuse to acknowledge as flawed; down to your arbitrary choice of one week as being comparable to alerts that lasted an hour; and the apparent inability to grasp the fact that we could even have hit rank 30 by the end of the event without having done a single elite challenge or capturing even a single fugitive. 

Good luck to you, Tenno but there's no profit for me in explaining the obvious to someone who chooses to be oblivious. 

I acknowledged the part that was flawed, but you refused to acknowledge that the overall point was valid, as you even admitted yourself. Removing one pillar from a building will not cause it to collapse if it has ten more.

The choice of one week time frame was, as I have patiently, repeatedly explained and as you have refused to acknowledge other than to hand-wave as "arbitrary," the closest available to that of Alerts - certainly far closer than your 10 weeks. Nobody who played an Alert on any given day is going to care about what the Alert system is going to give them 10 weeks down the line, yet you hand-wave this issue with what basically amounts to; "over the 10 weeks it's going to be fine."

Nowhere in my posts have I claimed that you couldn't reach Rank 30 without Elites - please quote me where I have even implied such a claim. You will find none, because that was always irrelevant to what I'm discussing; my focus was purely on acquisition of mundane Alerts items on a week-by-week basis. Again, imagine someone coming into this at Rank 0 this week, and just wanting to get some Cred Offerings. What would they see?

Your hand-waving and strawman assertion are baseless.

Edited by KnossosTNC

1 hour ago, Alexandrious said:

Now look what ya did, ya gave them the idea. Now I gotta go make my archwing loadout better. 😕

In truth I doubt they will. They are supposedly listening to feedback. Just not acting on it until next Nightwave. They need to go look at Bungie's record. The "We're listening but not going to do anything until months later." Is a "wonderful" approach to appeasing players.

That said...I guess I should pull a forums...

"I like Archwing. So the challenge is great. "Git gud".

I'm joking btw.

I forgot to list Lunaro in that previous post Haha. Now there's something to have nightmares over.