Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NW rant, this ain't lead anywhere...

NW ain't lead anywhere. you reach rank 30 and after you only get wolf credit for some aura or potatoes, maybe nitain extract. problem is that most of ppl are burned out from nw and many of vets get "another to do thing". some will say you don't have to do it but it is opposite. this ain't alert rework as intedned. this is grind through weeks for some less vaiable rewards and (big if) if it get reset at another season well I don't wanna comment that yet. it would be different if next season lets say have swaping pool of stuff rather than 1st season grind through ranks.

once again this is not alert rework as intended this is more like grind market trough weeks to keep you occupied and ain't lead you anywhere just burn you more and more with each season.

also most of this stuff is in wf market already which can be taken for plat. so is this alert rework as spoken at first or are you turning it into grind market for fee? 15 weeks of grind for fee btw. and in adition you for example do alert for aura and get it, now you need to do tasks to get wolf cred for aura which is more time consuming and you need to w8 for another week roll  if you miss this time, cp aura for instance. 

Nightwave rewards heavily reduced the randomness of alerts. In return, the reward is no longer instant but is instead almost guaranteed through your own effort. I say almost because you may not have the wolf creds available for that week's rotation. Once you have the wolf creds, you pick what you want. They could definitely have more wolf creds available in the current system though.

Invasions and Gift of the Lotus alerts still exist.

Events and Tactical Alerts are far less forgiving than Nightwave.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

So no feedback on how to improve it? Okay then.

I personally love it and find going through these challenges to be very rewarding.

Say what you will, I'm just impressed that there can be post in GD that is just... general discussion. 

No feedback pretending to be GD for a five-second-moment of fame. 

I have given suggestion multiple times on various treads abou nw. if you want rewarding thing than grind trough forum and treads and I am sure you will find feedback from community how to. beside I have given oponion and "rant" about what is bad atm about nw so de can have some feedback about "what are bad stuff to fix".

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

So no feedback on how to improve it? Okay then.

This is not true.

9 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

it would be different if next season lets say have swaping pool of stuff rather than 1st season grind through ranks.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

What a laugh I had..

On topic: even I, after 7.500 hours and 4.500 mission time can say I finally burnt out thanks to nightwave. So yeah I'm pissed that it's more like tedious busy work.. because that's what it is. The rewards could've been better implemented via the so called events we previously had, ignoring the open world, which never gave me the feeling of burning out, and they were fun to do. But those times are over I guess.. just spam players with busy work and greet them with FOMO I guess..

Well if you have that much time in anything you'll be burnt out. But to me it wasn't busy work. I viewed it as a goal to get to and it allowed me to do missions or gameplay modes I haven't done in a while. As a vet though you really didn't need to do any of the Nightwave challenges if you don't want to, but it was nice to have something there to do every week.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

So no feedback on how to improve it? Okay then

Right.... Because DE always improves game modes when players make suggestions... I mean look at ESO.... look how much better its gotten.... its so good people still don't bother with it.

17 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

some will say you don't have to do it but it is opposite.

No, it really isn't mandatory.

17 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

this is grind through weeks for some less vaiable rewards

Free slots, Umbra forma, Nitain and potatoes on demand...less viable?  It's all the same rewards from alerts plus more.

18 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

also most of this stuff is in wf market already which can be taken for plat. so is this alert rework as spoken at first or are you turning it into grind market for fee?

What are you talking about?  DE gives you stuff from the market for free and you're upset?  They simply can't win.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

What a laugh I had..

On topic: even I, after 7.500 hours and 4.500 mission time can say I finally burnt out thanks to nightwave. So yeah I'm pissed that it's more like tedious busy work.. because that's what it is. The rewards could've been better implemented via the so called events we previously had, ignoring the open world, which never gave me the feeling of burning out, and they were fun to do. But those times are over I guess.. just spam players with busy work and greet them with FOMO I guess..

As always, couldn't agree more with you. Nightwave is a terrible system, exploitative of and insulting to the players. But DE won't remove it, cause "Live Services" are en vogue right now, and unless the playerbase hemorages like crazy thanks to it, they won't do jack sadly. If S2 doesn't fix or remove this utter joke of a system, I'm out. I have way too many games on the back-burner to give a game that disrespects me as such my time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

But I wasn't.

And I can guarantee you I would've never been. But the last couple of updates were just BAD. A hell lot of failures and bad design decisions lead to this. And the only thing I can do is make my voice heard. 

But I guess it's normal for DE now to copy stuff from "famous" games instead of continuing what they had, rather than  just simply dumping it.

But as someone that had 7,500 hours in the game, how did alerts do anything for you? I had everything that alerts had to offer. So I didn't do them. Nightwave has given me something to work towards and to do everyday. Even if I just play for an hour, it's a lot more satisfying. 

7 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

As always, couldn't agree more with you. Nightwave is a terrible system, exploitative of and insulting to the players. But DE won't remove it, cause "Live Services" are en vogue right now, and unless the playerbase hemorages like crazy thanks to it, they won't do jack sadly. If S2 doesn't fix or remove this utter joke of a system, I'm out. I have way too many games on the back-burner to give a game that disrespects me as such my time.

Wha ?

How does NightWave exploit you ? You are getting free items from doing random stuff it tells you to do. Why not give us feedback of what should be fixed ? Do you want more creds ? More items ? Easier challanges ? More then 12 weeks ?

Like, what do you want ?

You want the luck bases Alerts back ? I can say I have more Nitain now then I have ever had during Alerts.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

No, it really isn't mandatory.

Free slots, Umbra forma, Nitain and potatoes on demand...less viable?  It's all the same rewards from alerts plus more.

What are you talking about?  DE gives you stuff from the market for free and you're upset?  They simply can't win.

it is opposite in so many ways than you have posted. we have this stuff b4 nw so yeah not so viable. and thing you mentioned about rewards I dont agree, open offerings and you will see no slots, umbra... you get patatoes on alerts and invasions, sorties as well. sure it is "good thing" to have it more but is it actually good? I am 60+ of each patatoe good b4 nw but to new players it is more easy to get. and if I am correct this is 3rd week with no cp aura offering which roll at every weak, no hyldrin alt helm and it should be there, no kavat gen codes, only benefit is nitain extract x5. al in all this is more  burning grind market for free than alert rework. 15 weeks of grind for free so someone can dildo your pocket for plat with overpriced riven. 

Edited by -HoB-AngelofRevenge

2 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

it is opposite in so many ways than you have posted. we have this stuff b4 nw so yeah not so viable.

That makes no sense.  NW isn't viable because we get more rewards now for free instead of having to pay for them?

3 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

and thing you mentioned about rewards I dont agree, open offerings and you will see no slots, umbra... you get patatoes on alerts and invasions, sorties as well.

We still have invasions and sorties.  NW only replaced alerts.  And, on the off chance that you were on for a potato alert, great.  Now, I don't have to be on for a potato alert, I can go about the challenges at my pace on my time and get that potato when it's convenient for me.

4 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

I am 60+ of each patatoe good b4 nw but to new players it is more easy to get.

And, that's a bad thing that it's better for new players?

4 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

15 weeks of grind for free so someone can dildo your pocket for plat with overpriced riven.

What do rivens and their prices in trade chat have to do with anything NW related?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Of course they weren't flawless, but completely dumping them just for the sake of it, while being something that has been in the game forever (at least as long as I play) is just a bad decision.

I did my few alerts and was happy. Now I'll grind for weeks and guess what, I'm not happy at all.

I'm also not happy that de turned once cool events into grind heavy fests that are just vomit inducing. (Open worlds)

So yeah, boo!

Before nightwave I had something called goals, that I worked on. That kept me occupied for literal hours at times. But that's something not a lot of players set, and therefore DE chimes in trying to dictate what every player should do. Which is also just wrong. There's content out there that I don't play for reasons. Best example is SO/ESO .. Just wrong.. 

So yeah, I was proud that I didn't burnt out, outliving tons of clans and friends I was in/had.

But now? It really makes me sick to start the game up. After Grindwave I just login for the bonus, heck I even skipped a few days because I just can't bare it anymore. That's the taste the game left in my mouth after the last updates.. 

What are these said, "goals" you had? Sorry to say but this sounds more like a "you" problem. ESO only has you playing three waves of it. Plus it's a good focus farm. I don't enjoy every mode that Warframe has to offer, but I've never once felt "sick" to play this game, or any game for that matter. Warframe is a grindy game, always has always will be.

46 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

you reach rank 30 and after you only get wolf credit for some aura or potatoes, maybe nitain extract. problem is that most of ppl are burned out from nw and many of vets get "another to do thing".

10 weeks from the start of the even would have put you in early May. You burned through a long event that still has weeks to go

Whose fault is it that you burned yourself out instead of taking it easy and just doing the ones you wanted to? You really can't blame others for what you decided to inflict on yourself. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

10 weeks from the start of the even would have put you in early May. You burned through a long event that still has weeks to go

Whose fault is it that you burned yourself out instead of taking it easy and just doing the ones you wanted to? You really can't blame others for what you decided to inflict on yourself. 

yeah exactly, it still has weeks to go and it already burned out not just me I belive.

btw close beta players mostly understand what I ment under "burned out" and "grind". I did not blame anyone, so read it more careful.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

Wha ?

How does NightWave exploit you ? You are getting free items from doing random stuff it tells you to do. Why not give us feedback of what should be fixed ? Do you want more creds ? More items ? Easier challanges ? More then 12 weeks ?

Like, what do you want ?

You want the luck bases Alerts back ? I can say I have more Nitain now then I have ever had during Alerts.

I've already given my fair share of feedback on this trash. You wanna hear it again? Sure!

- Remove time gating
- Add more, repeatable ways to get rep
- Stop forcing us to waste our resources
- Stop forcing us to be "social" (aka find a rando who wants to play a mission with you that you can do solo just as easily)
- Stop getting in the way of us playing content we want to play
- Give wolf creds every rank
- Bring back alerts to work alongside trashwave
- Bring back kavat DNA alerts

None of that will happen, because DE is too lazy to fix their sh*t. So I'm just wasting my breath even repeatedly laying out these simple pieces of feedback. Nightwave is not rewarding, it is a waste of time compared to the old alerts. Oh yeah, sure, you can get Nitain easier... how about helmets, huh? How about auras? You know how that worked before? You did one, single mission, you got the thing? How does it work now? Do multiple missions you may or likely may not like in order to gain 3-4 ranks to get the wolf creds, to then get that one singular helmet or aura. Wonderfully rewarding, huh?

No, Nightwave wants me to play trash game modes that I avoid on purpose. If I would have not played all these trash game modes, I would probably be rank 5 still, cause that Spy "act" is uncommon, unrewarding and unrepeatable. So I'm forced to repeatedly play trash I do not like, just to get these oh-so-wonderful rewards that I don't give a crap about, that I could get in 5 minutes just by glancing at trade chat, just cause the important rewards are untradeable.

You know what doing stuff you don't like manages to do? It doesn't make you enjoy that stuff. No, it makes you hate the game. It causes burnout. Just like Cubic Clem, I had 3500+ hours in the game prior to nightwave, and didn't feel any serious burnout. In the first week after Nightwave came out, I was ready to give up on the game because of the burnout and frustration it generated. I'm still on verge of that, and the only reason I haven't is because of that faint hope that S2 will fix this sh*t.

Edited by Gabbynaru
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

yeah exactly, it still has weeks to go and it already burned out not just me I belive.

btw close beta players mostly understand what I ment under "burned out" and "grind". I did not blame anyone, so read it more careful.

"It" did not burn you out. You burned yourself out for no good reason. That's on you. 

13 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

That makes no sense.  NW isn't viable because we get more rewards now for free instead of having to pay for them?

We still have invasions and sorties.  NW only replaced alerts.  And, on the off chance that you were on for a potato alert, great.  Now, I don't have to be on for a potato alert, I can go about the challenges at my pace on my time and get that potato when it's convenient for me.

And, that's a bad thing that it's better for new players?

What do rivens and their prices in trade chat have to do with anything NW related?

well thing is you can obtain some stuff for free in multiple ways but it is time consuming. so if you are not spending platinum on wf market (deluxe skin excluded) on what are you spend platinum? yep rivens and wf slot I guess. maybe someone take 30day booster or so. 

look at game form very start, there are beneftis from nw but it is little. start game again and reach mr 27 again and you will see how nw fits in, negs and prosp. 

at this point where it lead you? except umbra and plates which cant be obtained otherwise, nowhere. if we gonna get s2 of nw I want it to be batter than 1st one. little gains in general after rank 30. it need to fit more ingame in general. nw, sorties, invasions, arbitrations, events, bounty etc. 

nw is another grind, and I want to see more wf story and stuff that wf can priovide with. 

we got like 30-40 wf in game, so many bosses as well. for instance I dont see how syndicates, bosses, quest fit ingame, not so much backstory in general. for instance why not have some mini quest rewards for each frame and back ground story as nw reward? or any suggestion on this. instead we got another grindwave with rewards that can be picked up ingame by multiple ways. 

so where are nw lead you and how it fit ingame except grind? there are many content in game and many most of it is grind, so I want nw change something a bit about it than add another grind on top of others. 

24 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

1. Remove time gating
2. Add more, repeatable ways to get rep
3. Stop forcing us to waste our resources
4. Stop forcing us to be "social" (aka find a rando who wants to play a mission with you that you can do solo just as easily)
5. Stop getting in the way of us playing content we want to play
6. Give wolf creds every rank
7. Bring back alerts to work alongside trashwave
8. Bring back kavat DNA alerts

1. Removing time gating would basically make people reach rank 30 in a few weeks and boom, bored again.

2. More ways to get rep = faster completion, bored again.

3. I can agree whit this one wen it comes to Forma.

4. Does doing a mission whit a random really that bad ? Did the Kuva whit 1 random and it went smoothly, hell, I had someone to talk whit during that 1h.

5. How are they doing that ? You want Alerts back ? Is that it ?

6. Wolf creds every rank is way to much, but giving 15 wolf creds every 3 ranks doesn't sound bad since weekly's usually give you 3 ranks.

7. No, Alerts were a flawd system based on luck, I cant count the times I had to stay online just to get a Nitain Extract because I was afraid that if I left to do something the Nitain would pop up and it would be over wen I came back.

8. Nora selling 1 DNA for 5 creds would be nice.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

"It" did not burn you out. You burned yourself out for no good reason. That's on you. 

nope it is not true. I did not create this content and I take my time. only thing is on you blaming other ppl for "that's on you". nw should get more interaction with game, but not in more grind. I would preffer some small background story for wf, quests or fragments of main line story to fit into biger picture or so , (open for any suggestion) than "to do stuff" for "to get resources stuff" which lead you anywhere but grind that is slowly burning ppl out. 

11 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

well thing is you can obtain some stuff for free in multiple ways but it is time consuming. so if you are not spending platinum on wf market (deluxe skin excluded) on what are you spend platinum? yep rivens and wf slot I guess. maybe someone take 30day booster or so.

Are you actually complaining that you can get things for free that you used to have to spend plat on?

12 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

look at game form very start, there are beneftis from nw but it is little. start game again and reach mr 27 again and you will see how nw fits in, negs and prosp. 

at this point where it lead you? except umbra and plates which cant be obtained otherwise, nowhere.

It leads to the same place that alerts did, only in a slightly different way.

12 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

little gains in general after rank 30.

You gain more wolf creds per level than before you hit rank 30...just sayin'.  But, what you're asking for would make it more of a grind.  If there were rewards that everyone wanted after 30, we'd all be grinding every challenge, every week to get those great rewards after rank 30.  That would be the opposite of what you seem to want.

13 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

it need to fit more ingame in general. nw, sorties, invasions, arbitrations, events, bounty etc.

Because alerts did that before?

14 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

so where are nw lead you and how it fit ingame except grind? there are many content in game and many most of it is grind, so I want nw change something a bit about it than add another grind on top of others.

It allows people to do missions at their own pace when it's convenient for them to do the missions.  I no longer have to hope to be online when that alert I've been waiting for actually comes on and I get a chance to do it.  I know many people that waited months or even years for warframe parts, weapons, and auras to be available at the times they were online and playing.  You want to go back to that?  Why?  How many alerts were you doing every day?

Additionally, were you forced to run the challenges?  Were you forced to rank up as quickly as possible?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

1. Removing time gating would basically make people reach rank 30 in a few weeks and boom, bored again.

2. More ways to get rep = faster completion, bored again.

3. I can agree whit this one wen it comes to Forma.

4. Does doing a mission whit a random really that bad ? Did the Kuva whit 1 random and it went smoothly, hell, I had someone to talk whit during that 1h.

5. How are they doing that ? You want Alerts back ? Is that it ?

6. Wolf creds every rank is way to much, but giving 15 wolf creds every 3 ranks doesn't sound bad since weekly's usually give you 3 ranks.

7. No, Alerts were a flawd system based on luck, I cant count the times I had to stay online just to get a Nitain Extract because I was afraid that if I left to do something the Nitain would pop up and it would be over wen I came back.

8. Nora selling 1 DNA for 5 creds would be nice.

1. Way I see it, the faster I max out nightwave, the more time I have to play content that doesn't bore me half to death.
2. See above. Also, you're apparently mistaking Nigthwave for actual content. Nightwave is not new content, it's very old, very poor content repeated ad-nauseam.
3. Yup.
4. Yeah, because I'm a solo player, have always been a solo player, and the missions that ask me to do them with other players, guess what, I normally can easily do solo. Stuff that has the requirement to make me play with someone else should also probably have the function of not being able to be done in solo.
5. Because I have to spend 1-2 hours every day on nightwave. Which means I lose 1-2 hours that I could use to play content that I actively enjoy. Therefore, nigthwave is actively getting in the way of me enjoying the game.
6. Way too much for what? It's just a sudden wall erected between you and rewards you could have easily gotten in a week. With the weekly wolf cred rewards, you can barely buy 1-2 items. With alerts, you could have gotten most of the offerings in the credits store in that one week, if you had the time. It's basically a bullsh*t gate that takes away stuff and doesn't give anything in return.
7. Yeah, good for you. I said alongside, which means nightwave stays, but alerts are here as well. You can either do nightwave or alerts. Or both. How is that a negative?
8. That sounds like a rip-off.