The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Opinion: I like the new game mode shown off in the recent devstream.

OmgItsHongxD

16 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Oh that's simple, Kuva for re rolling my plethora of rivens and giving me things to chase and customize. New exclusive mods to bring my game up even more and increase build diversity even more that aren't piss weak like most of the arbitration mods. Powerful exclusive weapon drops and the new Aura forma and maybe even a chance at Umbral forma with a very low drop chance to spice things up. Then you just make it as difficult as possible and scale ridiculously fast so veterans builds are stressed quicker and we can really see how far they can go. Perhaps another exclusive weapon that is top tier instead of meh like the Braton and Lato Vandal. And most importantly do not make it easier for newer players and make it truly endgame so that if a new player even gets blinked at they die.

They brought braton and lato in to put it back in the pool, is my guess. IT was an exclusive to an old event and only a few people had them. I do agree with most of this except I love adaptation. Putting that mod on a nova has made really made her really good in higher level content. (well, just so much less squishy)

16 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

You could call me elitist and you would be a right HOWEVER I would not be so critical if they would just give min/maxers ONE game mode just for them and figth back agaainst the "I WANT IT NOW! MAKE IT EASIER SO I CAN HAVE IT!" crowd. It's not to much to ask, we want brutal difficulty and rewards to match it (Atleast most of the other vets I know do anyway) and I am up for the challenge. Make the rewards juicy and you attract the best prey to come at it, which DE has just been doing the opposite. Also since fashin frame is the true endgame as well throw some unique cosmetics that show off how BA you are and make other wish they could have them but cant until they get better and can do it. I am a simple man, I just want a nice rewarding challenge and DE has pushed me into a corner where their is no endgame by neglecting endgame on purpose

I never said it. I am end game and was just trying to see if people are thinking about it differently then I am.  

The problem here is your asking for the same things they provided, for example, in ESO. They tied a warframe and some things to it and people *@##$ed because they had to run this boring ass content to get it.  I did not think eso was that bad, it had issues but it wasn't that bad either. 

So if they bring new content in and tie some really good stuff to it, people will just complain they have to run this content. Seems like they get shafted no matter what they do these days.

• Like 1

I like the new game mode too, we saw it in Devstream and i like something new in the game,now we need to see how it is going to be like when we play it and give feedback about what is good and what is bad so it can be changed.

Il y a 13 heures, TheRealShade a dit :

Dunno mate, to me it just looks like defense with a random modifier.

Il y a 14 heures, Chipputer a dit :

The gamemode looks fine. I only take issue with, "level 35 is high level," personally.

Will it be 1 random modifier for each key and gain access to rot C if you do the 4 keys simultaneously? If yes, even if this is a mix between a defence mission and an interception mission it will bring different level of difficulty and a way to farm rot C only.

4 modifiers on level 35 enemies can make this game mode realy hard. This is a step in the right direction. 

Just now, HexOmega111x said:

4 modifiers on level 35 enemies can make this game mode realy hard. This is a step in the right direction. 

Those modifiers are going to be what makes or breaks it. But, unfortunately, some of them will be buffs, according to the devs, and if the extent of the modifiers is just, "suddenly now your weapons hit like a wet noodle," then it's going to be supremely disappointing.

il y a 1 minute, Chipputer a dit :

"suddenly now your weapons hit like a wet noodle,"

I understand that kind of concern but the way I see it, it will force us to change our standart way to play and adapt to a random situation. More or less like the modifiers from sorties but without the possibility to non stop bullet jump to the extraction point.

So it might be what arbitration was supposed to be, a challenge. Because not every squad should be able to do the 4 keys at once. Well, I hope this is what it will be. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chipputer said:

The gamemode looks fine. I only take issue with, "level 35 is high level," personally.

Yeah, that made me actually laugh.  When reb described lvl 35-40 as "high level" I wondered if they listen to their players at all.  Hydron is higher ffs.  Pretty much any frame and any load out can deal easily with lvl 40 enemies.  Let's be honest, endgame this ain't,  interesting possibly, but not anywhere near endgame. 

6 hours ago, tCartmant said:

They brought braton and lato in to put it back in the pool, is my guess. IT was an exclusive to an old event and only a few people had them. I do agree with most of this except I love adaptation. Putting that mod on a nova has made really made her really good in higher level content. (well, just so much less squishy)

I never said it. I am end game and was just trying to see if people are thinking about it differently then I am.  

The problem here is your asking for the same things they provided, for example, in ESO. They tied a warframe and some things to it and people *@##$ed because they had to run this boring ass content to get it.  I did not think eso was that bad, it had issues but it wasn't that bad either. 

So if they bring new content in and tie some really good stuff to it, people will just complain they have to run this content. Seems like they get shafted no matter what they do these days.

Well new players have so much content to do at this point that DE could make and release an Endgame only mode for the vets and any complaints about "I cant do this! MAKE IT EASIER!" should be null and void because they has so much to do as is. I have not gotten on in at least a week besides logging in and while it disappoints me to do so heir is nothing in the game that feels rewarding anymore. Any other game has content for their hardcore players specifically to please them but these casuals just have to much sway in warframe so the mere mention of something being difficult they get the pitchforks and torches to go after DE until they nerf it and ruin the experience (AKA Arbitrations). Think about it the game mode was supposed to start at level 100 and have normal scaling which would of made it so much more exciting when you also add permadeath and whatnot. The drop tables coudl also of been far more generous and exclusive to make up for it but again new players who have less then a few hours get their way and stuff veterans love gets destroyed every time...It's truly sad what this game is becoming but in a veteran so it's not like DE cares ya know?

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Well new players have so much content to do at this point that DE could make and release an Endgame only mode for the vets and any complaints about "I cant do this! MAKE IT EASIER!" should be null and void because they has so much to do as is. I have not gotten on in at least a week besides logging in and while it disappoints me to do so heir is nothing in the game that feels rewarding anymore. Any other game has content for their hardcore players specifically to please them but these casuals just have to much sway in warframe so the mere mention of something being difficult they get the pitchforks and torches to go after DE until they nerf it and ruin the experience (AKA Arbitrations). Think about it the game mode was supposed to start at level 100 and have normal scaling which would of made it so much more exciting when you also add permadeath and whatnot. The drop tables coudl also of been far more generous and exclusive to make up for it but again new players who have less then a few hours get their way and stuff veterans love gets destroyed every time...It's truly sad what this game is becoming but in a veteran so it's not like DE cares ya know?

Permadeath, to me, is not really that big of deal. I dont really see it as fun. There is so much damage mitigation on so many frames.  I very rarely die in arbitration and thats usually because I get bored and just stop paying full attention. 

Level 100+ really isnt much of a big deal either. So many frames can drop their armor or make them really squishy. (Nova for example.)

Here is the problem as I see it. Think of a game mode that actually provides a real challenge. The challenge would be to think of a game mode that a warframe does not trivialize that content... And its not as simple as saying power creep either. One of the best parts of warframe is one of its achilles heals, the number of options we have. 

• Like 2

Why do people put "unpopular opinion" in their titles?

Anyhow, it looks fine.  Will have to know the rewards to see if I'll do it.  Also, it looks like if enemies aren't CC-able it'll be a huge pain solo, and since recruit chat / pubs are horrifically unreliable I'll probably do it only enough to get exclusives if enemies can't be CC'd.