Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I would like to suggest some little changes for Nova Prime

Jack__The_Ripper_

Hi everyone, as a Nova Prime user for 4 years, I was thinking of some small changes that could "modernize" this spectacular frame.

Null star-decrease range from 12 to 5

Antimatter Drop - base damage increased from 200 to 500 and possibility to increase the explosion range

Wormhole-unchanged

Molecular Prime - increasing damage multiplier from 200% to 300% and blast damage from 800 to 1500, finally increasing the explosion range from 10 to 20

Finally, health and shields increased from 300 to 450

These are small changes that would make Nova as well as more powerful even more viable for what has become Warframe today.

I hope to have a positive response, in any case, thank you for your work 🙂

9 minutes ago, Jack__The_Ripper_ said:

modernize

That's not really what I'd call straight-up buffs for one of the best Frames in the game, TBH.
(Also, why only the Prime? That's pretty weird.)

If anything, I'd say Nova could use some mechanics tweaks, like maybe ...
Null Star particles not seeking out enemies on its own / producing a different effect other than just forgettable damage,
and Molecular Prime gaining a hold function to speed enemies up at will rather than keeping the bug that allowed that in the first place.

Oh, and Worm Hole should get a cost reduction or something,
considering Bullet Jump and not least Void Dash, it's hardly worth 75 Energy in its current form.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Jack__The_Ripper_ said:

That's a buff. Nobody uses Null Star for its damage. It's useful for the damage reduction. Therefore a lower range is preferable.

28 minutes ago, Jack__The_Ripper_ said:

Antimatter Drop - base damage increased from 200 to 500 and possibility to increase the explosion range

Higher damage and higher range. Clearly buffs. Nothing else to say.

Wormhole-unchanged

No nerf, no buff. Okay.

Molecular Prime - increasing damage multiplier from 200% to 300% and blast damage from 800 to 1500, finally increasing the explosion range from 10 to 20

Straight up buffs.

Straight up buffs aswell.

So all in all only buffs.
Why do you feel the need to buff Nova? Is she too weak? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

That's not really what I'd call straight-up buffs for one of the best Frames in the game, TBH.
(Also, why only the Prime? That's pretty weird.)

If anything, I'd say Nova could use some mechanics tweaks, like maybe ...
Null Star particles not seeking out enemies on its own / producing a different effect other than just forgettable damage,
and Molecular Prime gaining a hold function to speed enemies up at will rather than keeping the bug that allowed that in the first place.

Oh, and Worm Hole should get a cost reduction or something,
considering Bullet Jump and not least Void Dash, it's hardly worth 75 Energy in its current form.

I had not thought of changes of this type, excellent idea, thanks for the contribution !!

Nova doesn't need a buff, just use Molecular Fission.

As a Nova player, I don't want to see DE turn their attention to Nova for a "rework", what we'll get is most likely going be a change on her 4.

Though I agree that her 4 is probably one of the most useless skills in the game btw, I'm fine with that....ssssh.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jack__The_Ripper_ said:

Hi everyone, as a Nova Prime user for 4 years, I was thinking of some small changes that could "modernize" this spectacular frame.

Wormhole-unchanged

These are small changes that would make Nova as well as more powerful even more viable for what has become Warframe today.

I hope to have a positive response, in any case, thank you for your work 🙂

No, ty.

For as much as I usually wouldn't say no to a straight up buff Nova is already hella strong ; her 1 grants her up to 95% damage reduction , her 2 could use a tweak but considering how good her 3 & 4 are I'd say it isn't an issue at all. 
Wormhole already grants you lots of mobility and MP is a huge 75% slow / 30% speed ( or more if people bring [power donation] ) aoe which is honestly one of the best cc to have for interception / mobile defense / defense / hijack / defection and a lot more mission types . Nova's energy pool also happens to be amazingly large ( thing which paired with [Quick Thinking] makes her stay alive even against high level enemies , especially if combined with Null Star , Molecular Prime and the player using Nova in an appropriate way ) and her other stats are all pretty decent ( in particular if we compare them to banshee's or other squishy frames ) .

She's literally one of the best frames in the game atm despite not having been touched in so long and the same goes with Loki. 
They are good frames, they've aged very well despite the changes and still provide a lot of utility ; they might not be S tier anymore but they still classify as A rank frames.

I'd rather have DE focus on frames which could instead really use a rework such as Wukong , Vauban , Ember and so on ( there's about a dozen of them who could use some buffs , I don't really want to make a full list ) .

1 hour ago, Izumi_S said:

Nova doesn't need a buff, just use Molecular Fission.

As a Nova player, I don't want to see DE turn their attention to Nova for a "rework", what we'll get is most likely going be a change on her 4.

Though I agree that her 4 is probably one of the most useless skills in the game btw, I'm fine with that....ssssh.

I don't get how you can say that and call yourself a Nova player but....idk....I haven't seen you playing as Nova so I can't judge.

Personally I consider Molecular Fission to be a waste of a mod slot considering the fact Nova really needs them for her kit to work properly ; I also never felt like Molecular Prime was useless....at all. You are literally making your whole team's life much much easier by slowing things down or speeding them up for quick clears.

Nova is a support frame, not a dps one. The game also happens to be an objective based one and as such your big numbers are not the only thing that counts nor the one that counts the most ; you want to aim to secure the mission clear and then to clear it quickly and efficiently....which does not necessairely mean you need a big dps ( sure it might help....but I'd rather have a slow Nova in an interception / mobile def mission than a Chroma. Talking about extermination then sure...but that's exactly why there are many different warframes the players are allowed to pick from ) .
CC wise Molecular Prime also happens to be way better than many other CCs in the game, I seriously can't understand why it would be considered to be useless.

• Like 1

I have talked about some small tweaks to Nova. Here is what I would do to her;

Nova:

Passive:

·       Enemies with a grappling hook will also be knocked down.

1st ability:

·       Instead of it inflicting slash damage it will proc impacted damage which will have a 100% stagger effect. If the particle hits the same enemy again it will knock them down.

·       The more enemies it hits the more the damage increases.

·       If you hold the ability it won`t seek out enemies but instead can be used for damage reduction however status procs will consume particles.

·       Damage reduction will not reduce until all particles are gone.

3rd ability:

·       If an enemy walks into it on the opposite end it will send them back to the direction it's pointing at (this is good to put in doorways)

·       You can shoot through the wormhole which will convert into explosions in a 10m radius.

·       Make the wormhole bigger for multiple enemies to walk through it.

·       (Synergy) her 2nd ability can pass through it.

4th ability:

·       (Synergy) If an enemy under the effects of the 4th ability is damaged by the 1st ability, it will cause a chain reaction by knocking enemies down in a 15m radius. (if the enemy is not killed off by the 4th ability)

• Like 1

Eh, what I would suggest is simple:

Shields to 125 (base) 375 (max)

Make Nova's Passive knock down things that grapple her as well.

Null Star DR applies to shields as well, DR per null star increased to 10% (Same as Baruuk). Increase base stars from 6 to 8

AMD doesn't actually need changes

Wormhole cost reduced to 50 (or even 25)

Molecular Prime doesn't really need changes

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Elyann said:

CC wise Molecular Prime also happens to be way better than many other CCs in the game, I seriously can't understand why it would be considered to be useless.

OMG SOMEONE STOP THIS MAN.

Edited by Izumi_S

17 hours ago, Jack__The_Ripper_ said:

Lmao! Unless the slow is removed, it's a hard NO. These buffs are beyond unnecessary and braindead.