Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Revisiting Wukong

So do to dmg reduction applying before his 3 it reduces the overall "armor" and dmg he gets deals, which if intended seems silly makes sense but is silly, if not its a bug, as for cloudwalker if u hit melee while in cloud u get stuck skidding till cloud ends and then you do a slam attack.

Someone here said he ran sorties and didn't use the old Defy.  In this situation, you can actually bring almost any frame to run that kind of sortie.

The major reason to use the old Defy was you knew that you needed to deal with really hard hitting enemies or heavy damages, and you wanted to deal with it face to face like a badass, not doing it in a clever way like avoiding the damage, etc., that was particular true in solo where you did not have team support.

Please improve the old Defy instead of mainly going invisible for few seconds to gain health, or spinning for few seconds without doing anything, thank you.

3 minutes ago, modalmojo said:

Someone here said he ran sorties and didn't use the old Defy.

As if anyone could forget my name, I'm offended.

4 minutes ago, modalmojo said:

The major reason to use the old Defy was you knew that you needed to deal with really hard hitting enemies or heavy damages, and you wanted to deal with it face to face like a badass, not doing it in a clever way like avoiding the damage

I mean, to be fair all of my damage avoidance whilst doing it came from zipping around with my melee weapon and crashing into enemies before they could hit me very hard...

Or what, did you think I ran Defyless and didn't use Primal Fury? I just opted to use a completely abilityless Warframe? Pfft. No, I used Primal Fury and I smacked the hell out of the enemies like a "badass".

41 minutes ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

i own adapation, which does gib his ability to get stacks for his 3

How does it gib his ability to get stacks? Last i checked he is invulnrable during the Defy and stacking mechanic. Does adaptation reduce the damage you get while invulnerable? If so i have not noticed because im using adaptation and getting 1500 armor easily on decent enemies.

Just now, MonkeyKV said:

How does it gib his ability to get stacks? Last i checked he is invulnrable during the Defy and stacking mechanic. Does adaptation reduce the damage you get while invulnerable? If so i have not noticed because im using adaptation and getting 1500 armor easily on decent enemies.

on enemies over a certain  lvl yes i have no issues, just this wonky "limbo" tween enemies lvls higher up lvls do enough dmg even with reduction to cap you, just lower lvl stuff you wotn reach cap unless your running strength to multiply it out. 

that an i feel his armor "buff" is still very weak trying to run harder content and even with max armor an adapation getting shredded by heavy gunners. sure i can dip into cloud restore some but they just reshred me. kinda making me need to effectily "cloud" 90% and before you ask de monkey an call me "bad player" again im running hp mods and primed vigor, to increase that "cusion" for armor to work same for adaptation. 

also in several missions iv had my clone be ignored as it fails to melee and i get shot at.

1 minute ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

on enemies over a certain  lvl yes i have no issues, just this wonky "limbo" tween enemies lvls higher up lvls do enough dmg even with reduction to cap you, just lower lvl stuff you wotn reach cap unless your running strength to multiply it out. 

Are you not running strength? at least one mod? Both range and strentgh make it easier to hit the cap be from more enemies shooting or the multiplier. Running a unmodded ability and complaining you're not getting the most of it seems weird. 

They made it very easy to get max stacks in my opinion. Any decent leveled enemies just takes 1 shooting at you. I thought it would be something really annoying to maintain, i was mistaken.

3 minutes ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

that an i feel his armor "buff" is still very weak trying to run harder content and even with max armor an adapation getting shredded by heavy gunners. sure i can dip into cloud restore some but they just reshred me. kinda making me need to effectily "cloud" 90% and before you ask de monkey an call me "bad player" again im running hp mods and primed vigor, to increase that "cusion" for armor to work same for adaptation. 

also in several missions iv had my clone be ignored as it fails to melee and i get shot at.

You got some arcane guardians? those definitly help. I am running 2 along with adaptation and umbral vit+intensify

22 minutes ago, MonkeyKV said:

You got some arcane guardians? those definitly help. I am running 2 along with adaptation and umbral vit+intensify

sure ill go get arcanes to fix a problem there cheap to get right? thats not a fix thats a bandaid. as for strength yes im runnign strength i have blind rage atm equipped thinking it might change how much armor he got which it does not. 

needing to abuse arcanes to increase survival? 

also nor does it fix the other qualms i have, that A. defy eventually becoems useless for the content i used him for prior to rework with how damage scales. B. that my clone does not draw agro/ gets stuck on random things. 

wanna call me bad again?  when other players are haveing the same issues? that higher level content he stutters and flops? 

If you're referring to level 75 enemies? Yes.

2 minutes ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

needing to abuse arcanes

"Hey guys, I have a problem where I'm finding that 'x' is lacking".

"Well sir, there's this helpful thing called an Arcane, it's just like modding but it has unique effects that could solve your problem"

"AbUSe! BanDaID!"

Please kindly unmod your Warframe, otherwise I shall accuse you of abusing the modding system. /s

3 minutes ago, MonkeyKV said:

May i join you?

By all means, I also have popcorn.

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

"Well sir, there's this helpful thing called an Arcane, it's just like modding but it has unique effects that could solve your problem"

"AbUSe! BanDaID!"

Please kindly unmod your Warframe, otherwise I shall accuse you of abusing the modding system. /s

cool continue to insult me go for it, while yes arcanes exist to fix them not every one has them nor can get them easily. unless your telling me to go "buy" them from players sure mabye that will work once i get some plat mabye. my point was your telling me to use things that i dont have to fix something that should not have been an issue?that defy falls off at higher content? that my clone prior to last hot fix royally sucked when my c.o iron staff cant work cuz he wont use my status filled pistol? that in hrigher content that he is super micro mange, because of how many things you need to track in order to a stay alive, that if you do goof/die that you eventually end up with out a passive? 

i thought forums where a place to interact and talk about issues your running into so they get looked at fixed like the cloen not useing proper weapons? but instyead i have a member of the community and d.e insulting me instead

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

"AbUSe! BanDaID!"

also i was useing an example that simple misplays can screw you over, in example the lvl 75% enemies loseign track of your clone/armor buff can easily get you killed. which was point im making. and i even made a point that they should add something to the skin to help you see when it ends. or close to nezha has the ring that vanishes, even though they have the "gauge" for it as well. just a clarification issue, but thanks for making me and my input feel very unwelcome

40 minutes ago, MonkeyKV said:

and to answer this no, the arcanes i get when i run eidolins are the ones people dont use that i get stuck with cuz rng hates me. also im useing primed vigor, vitality and blind rage. and was just listing of issues i ran into.

2 minutes ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

my clone prior to last hot fix royally sucked when my c.o iron staff cant work cuz he wont use my status filled pistol?

Just because you want something doesnt mean everyone wants it. I HATE that he uses a different weapon than you. 99% of the time when i am not doing any content that requires my stat stick for galdiator set i have melee unequiped so i can have my clone using whatever AoE wepon i feel like using and helping me clear the maps instead of running around with a melee and not getting to anything.

4 minutes ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

telling me to use things that i dont have to fix something that should not have been an issue?

This is a problem in mentality. You either cant play well, are not modded properly or are tackling content out of your equipement reach and complaining that you cant do it because you dont have XYZ.

I play volt with all sprint speed mods, all power strenth and only vitality and i can survive anything in the game (without sitting behind his shield). If you cannot survive with wukong the problem is on you, you just cant seem to accept it.

Try a different build for a bit. I am running: Primed Flow, equilibrium, primed continuity, Narrow minded, Umbral Vitality, Umbral Intensify, primal rage and adaptation.

This gives good multipliers and healing, just over 1m on defy buff and just over 5s of cloud time. Equilibrium because i run naramon and a wyrm prime with synth set for constant health orbs and knockdown immmunities on negate

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Wait, so you're telling me that you think your Warframe should be capable of taking on the higher tiers of content when it's not actually fully modded yet? And yes, that includes Arcanes. That's not how progression works.

Your issue is of your own making. If you're struggling to take damage there are options available to help you. Decrying said options as "abuse" and "bandaids" is pretty ridiculous. Is Vitality a bandaid? Flow? Serration?

It's silly. If you don't have said options yet then you know what you need to work towards so that you can fight that higher tier of content.

Really dude? Really... 

*Sigh*.

To clarify something, I haven't actually insulted you. Earlier I stated that if you're struggling against level 75 enemies you have a bad build or you're a bad player, it's come to light you've got a bad build. I've mocked your word choice and judged you for your posts, but I haven't yet insulted you. I apologise if you feel insulted by anything I've said however.

callign someone "bad" is tech insulting. encouraging "silent judging" also as such. and yes i have several war frames with out arcanes that can do arbitration with little issues with kits as is and just mods. and my wukong used to be able to as well.

hildryn,limbo, old wukong, nekros(my crappy modded one) all can run an aribitration without arcane. do i have arcane now on my hildryin? sure ones i managed to get as i played through just low ranked arcane barriers for chance at more shields. 

2 minutes ago, MonkeyKV said:

Just because you want something doesnt mean everyone wants it. I HATE that he uses a different weapon than you. 99% of the time when i am not doing any content that requires my stat stick for galdiator set i have melee unequiped so i can have my clone using whatever AoE wepon i feel like using and helping me clear the maps instead of running around with a melee and not getting to anything.

This is a problem in mentality. You either cant play well, are not modded properly or are tackling content out of your equipement reach and complaining that you cant do it because you dont have XYZ.

I play volt with all sprint speed mods, all power strenth and only vitality and i can survive anything in the game (without sitting behind his shield). If you cannot survive with wukong the problem is on you, you just cant seem to accept it.

Try a different build for a bit. I am running: Primed Flow, equilibrium, primed continuity, Narrow minded, Umbral Vitality, Umbral Intensify, primal rage and adaptation.

This gives good multipliers and healing, just over 1m on defy buff and just over 5s of cloud time. Equilibrium because i run naramon and a wyrm prime with synth set for constant health orbs and knockdown immmunities on negate

once again to the not play well while, i never said i failed at higher content just things i run into, and 2 as stated the "twin" was designed to do what your not, so setting up a c.o synergy was well within a thing he can do that on release was not working. that they fixed because players pointed it out. as for your 3 sure you get lots of armopr but the lowered range destroys your "knock" down you do to mobs unless your on them. nor does ur "mods" fix the thing i was complaining about. that wukong is a micro manage simulator. with clone, clone hp,ur hp, energy, armor buff, enemy levels so you know when to dodge with 2/3 depending on whats around you to stay alive. theres allot of little things to track, more so then any other "frame" nor does it salve me and others pointing out that your "passive" is rng that you can lose you passive unlike any other frame. 

3 minutes ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

for your 3 sure you get lots of armopr but the lowered range destroys your "knock" down you do to mobs unless your on them

Konockdown is irrelevant so is the taunt range. Range is a dumpstat again for wukong for a non gimmick CC build.

"twin" was designed to do what your not,

No. "He's got your back" was his design philosophy on that switcheroo weapon thing. Are you going to use a pistol and bolster HIS C.O? All you are interested is on him bostering your melee for CO. Nothing to do with design flaws, you just want what you want.

6 minutes ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

wukong is a micro manage simulator

Keep defy up every 1m is hardly micro manage. You sound like someone who enjoyed old defy toggle and forget invincibility. Clone needs no micro manage, he costs nothing (25) to resummon and lasts forever, they could eaasily have made him duration based and would have been ok.

9 minutes ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

setting up a c.o synergy

Still possible. Slash, impact and corrosive on Primal Fury, viral radiation and whatever else on your sentinel. Both you and clone benefits this way while wacking with a already over the top staff. Not that C.O is needed for anything. They have given us 30+% slash damage on the staff on top of base 30% status chance. Doesnt need C.O to "scale"

11 minutes ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

hp, energy, armor buff, enemy levels so you know when to dodge with 2/3 depending on whats around you to stay alive

1 armor buff with a 1m duration on build i showed you. Everything else is not specific to wukong. Back to old defy argument i guess.

12 minutes ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

once again to the not play well

Your are making it hard.

my comments have been about the fact that you need to micro manage everything, to a hgih degree and that if you lose track or slip you get heavily punished by it. 

My comments have been about how you shouldn't be having any trouble at that level once properly modded, irrespective of mistiming Defy ending.

Even without Defy's 1,500 armour you won't drop immediately to level 75 Grineer, you have time to react.

5 minutes ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

if i wanted to be poked at like this for having an opinion then i would go play league of legends. 

You're allowed an opinion, you're not allowed to say however:

2 hours ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

which armor falls off for us at lvl 75+ enemies

Because it's simply untrue and is exactly what I've been arguing against. I don't care about your complaints regarding micromanaging, I'm solely responding to your statement that armour falls off for frames when fighting level 75+ enemies. Those are your words, you can double check.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyKV said:

Konockdown is irrelevant so is the taunt range. Range is a dumpstat again for wukong for a non gimmick CC build.

No. "He's got your back" was his design philosophy on that switcheroo weapon thing. Are you going to use a pistol and bolster HIS C.O? All you are interested is on him bostering your melee for CO. Nothing to do with design flaws, you just want what you want.

Keep defy up every 1m is hardly micro manage. You sound like someone who enjoyed old defy toggle and forget invincibility. Clone needs no micro manage, he costs nothing (25) to resummon and lasts forever, they could eaasily have made him duration based and would have been ok.

Still possible. Slash, impact and corrosive on Primal Fury, viral radiation and whatever else on your sentinel. Both you and clone benefits this way while wacking with a already over the top staff. Not that C.O is needed for anything. They have given us 30+% slash damage on the staff on top of base 30% status chance. Doesnt need C.O to "scale"

1 armor buff with a 1m duration on build i showed you. Everything else is not specific to wukong. Back to old defy argument i guess.

Your are making it hard.

and this is you for me needing to glance all over my screen for buffs, timers, tracking hp of clone, which is on diff part of screen then you own hp so eyes are wondering all over to keep track of this for me personaly an a few others is rough, probably more so when i have vision problems but no what im done getting insulted when i just listed issues i ran into and fyi armor buff beign a "timed thign" when rhino,nezha are things seems wonky. specially when it would have made sense to be similar to nezha an absorb dmg which has been stated by other players. 

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

My comments have been about how you shouldn't be having any trouble at that level once properly modded, irrespective of mistiming Defy ending.

Even without Defy's 1,500 armour you won't drop immediately to level 75 Grineer, you have time to react.

You're allowed an opinion, you're not allowed to say however:

Because it's simply untrue and is exactly what I've been arguing against. I don't care about your complaints regarding micromanaging, I'm solely responding to your statement that armour falls off for frames when fighting level 75+ enemies. Those are your words, you can double check.

once again i used lvl 75 as a this happened once and can be a problem keeping track off buffs. even if you go duration will you always remember how long it lasts or watch timer in corner? while lookignb at timer did you see the mob get in melee/range of you that has puncture dmg/corrosive/slash/toxin. i have a build that does bolster my duration, and im useing mods to buffer my hp str, i was just listing that buff tracking can be hard. but instead i get insulted poked at and insulted further. sorry i guess that i have vision problems sorry that i as a player get annoyed needing to look all over the place to keep track of everything and like when i can quick glance over.

once again i used lvl 75 as a this happened once and can be a problem keeping track off buffs. even if you go duration will you always remember how long it lasts or watch timer in corner? while lookignb at timer did you see the mob get in melee/range of you that has puncture dmg/corrosive/slash/toxin. i have a build that does bolster my duration, and im useing mods to buffer my hp str, i was just listing that buff tracking can be hard. but instead i get insulted poked at and insulted further. sorry i guess that i have vision problems sorry that i as a player get annoyed needing to look all over the place to keep track of everything and like when i can quick glance over.

You're still going on about buff timers and micro managing and haven't yet realised despite the clarification that I'm only responding to your statement about armour falling off in effectiveness at level 75.

One day, I have hope.

and this is you for me needing to glance all over my screen for buffs, timers, tracking hp of clone

One buff. With a new UI thing and lasts pretty long. forget tracking clone hp and just resummon him. Cost to resummon is same to heal.

We have offered alternatives that do not include playing better and you simply bash them and call them bandais. You want frames to be balnced unmodded without taking arcanes/mods/equipements in general into account. You sir are delusional.

Get arcane guardians they are bandaids for your gameplay capabilities.

fyi armor buff beign a "timed thign"

Yeah we could have press defy for infinite armor duration. Would have been great. 

Give different builds a try, different setups, learn enemies behavior (we have dumb AI enemies), learn to avoid damage in the first place. Work for better gear (arcanes). 1500 armor, healing on demand, status cleansing, absurd mobility and distractive pet, you should NOT be having survivability issues until WAY higher enemies.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

You're still going on about buff timers and micro managing and haven't yet realised despite the clarification that I'm only responding to your statement about armour falling off in effectiveness at level 75.

One day, I have hope.

no i got what you mean but you flat off ignored my clarification that i used it as an axample of a one shot occurrence where i got chain cc'd by a dam bombard but t.y for continue to insult me on the down low and ignore what i say lovely interaction from a d.e. 

that 1 you can run into problem with keeping track of timers and such. 

that 2 would be nice to have an on skin flicker or soemthign so if your surrounded you can keepo the faced paced combat flowing and not need to "glance" away. 

that 3 would be nice if there was a way to organize them per player so that we can move/place them in places for us to see/use them better

and this is just off someoen else comment, ability to use weapons and such durign the brief invul. mabye use it to try to out"duel" a hard hitter that might still shred you when invul ends

Archived