Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veteran unfriendly nightwave challenges

-Ba-ikebothun

The challenge im mainly referring to is the gild a modular item one. What about those people who have one of each variation they want? Id have to make a zaw or something just so i can guild it. Its quite annoying.

The second one is probably only an issue for me. I have forma and a build on every weapon and warframe in the game so when i get the challenge to forma 3 times i hit a wall and just have to waste 3 forma on something.

• Like 3

As a Vet you should have billions of resources to craft a new item without any sort of problem.

The Forma one is a non-existent problem as everything can always be improved.

But we got it, you as a vet is unhappy, while some newcomers are also unhappy, and even the guys in the middle are unhappy. What should DE do ? Only fill the Nightwave with "kill 10 enemies" challenges to be Everyone-friendly ?

• Like 1

"Oh nooo, I have to play the game... what a bother!"...

Just skip the challenges... seriously... why are people crying about these non-issues with nightwave?

You see nobody crying "I've already collected all 3 caches in a sabotage mission a year ago, why do I have to repeat this?"

• Like 1

Quill Onkko in Cetus -> buy mote amp BP, craft it with simple materials (10-minute craft time) level and gild it. Sell it back.

The new Aura forma from Arbitrations also count for the forma challenge.  Unfortunately they have a very low drop rate RNG.
Try putting forma on the unthinkable, for shock value. Like K-drives!   (I have) :crylaugh:   

2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Only fill the Nightwave with "kill 10 enemies" challenges to be Everyone-friendly ?

Pretty sure we'd get a couple of threads per day of people complaining that Nightwave is still too stressful.

just wow, i have no issues with any other challenges, i only voiced my opinion and as someone running a clan i can say that a lot of other people have had frustrations with the gilding weapons challenge, its a lot more work than the other challenges on its level. 
Also i have no issue playing the game, in fact i made myself the challenge to forma everything so i could continue playing the game as i have for the past 4+ years... 

If people cant voice their opinions to de cause hungry forum dwellers will jump on any controversial post then how will de know what their players are thinking.
I wish you a good day and have fun. Find something more productive to do.

• Like 2

I, as a veteran, have no issue with the challenge of gilding an item. I like that challenge actually. I'm always looking for new zaw/kitgun combination I might like.
I would like to see this challenge more often.

Now we have two different opinions from two veterans. What will DE do? How will they please us both?

7 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Now we have two different opinions from two veterans. What will DE do? How will they please us both?

They'll just think it themselves, and do what they thought better.

Tbh gilding challenge isn't much of problem for me, but i'm not against removing it.

All the slots are limited resource that can't be farmed without trading, and if we make one and sell/donate it, that's waste of resources.

Don't think this problem has something to do with veteranity. All's fine is fine as long as you have something you want to forma or craft when the challenge strikes. Otherwise you're either OK with spending time and resources on things you don't want or you don't.

Last week I just got Wisp so was going to Forma her anyway and the challenge was like a nice bonus. On the other hand I don't need any modular weapons and crafting one just to gild and sell it sounds like a waste of time for me.

59 minutes ago, -Ba-ikebothun said:

as someone running a clan i can say that a lot of other people have had frustrations with the gilding weapons challenge

Tell them: "just like last time, you do not need to achieve all Nightwave goals to be able to obtain all the rewards and some more. Be chill, play as you wish, and don't stress too much about those tasks. You'll burn yourself out if you try to do everything."

Or don't. There were many threads from clans where everyone was burned by this obsessive "I GOTTA DO EVERYTHING NO MATTER HOW MUCH I DISLIKE IT". Don't be one of those clans. Some challenges are made for you; some are not made for you.

Eh Nightwave is really too stressful

I really want the Aura Forma and the Eidolon Step though, but there is 13 ranks of S#&$ to go through.

7 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Tell them: "just like last time, you do not need to achieve all Nightwave goals to be able to obtain all the rewards and some more. Be chill, play as you wish, and don't stress too much about those tasks. You'll burn yourself out if you try to do everything."

Or don't. There were many threads from clans where everyone was burned by this obsessive "I GOTTA DO EVERYTHING NO MATTER HOW MUCH I DISLIKE IT". Don't be one of those clans. Some challenges are made for you; some are not made for you.

Actually NO, we have to do nightwave as long as we can, if we want reward, just in case.

Because they could drop something that you literally can't do later.

Edited by Test-995
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Because they could drop something that you literally can't do later.

Or you may end up having to go on a holiday/have work/FGO summer event grinding began/computer exploded/house burned down etc.

Basically not finishing every possible Nightwave Challenge is actually screwing yourself over if life itself has S#&$ RNG.

I hate the Gild/Forma tasks. 

I don't really have meaningful ways to use Forma vast majority of the time, unless I am working on some random weapon I found a decent riven for, and even that doesn't take long because Hydron, ESO and Affinity Boosters exist. This time I went and formaed Wisp just because it's better than building and formaing another Gorgon so it wasn't 100% useless, but my point still stands - for people who have already completed their core arsenal, this task is just resource extortion. Yes, I can afford it. No, I am not happy about it. Would you be happy to get a Nightwave challenge of, let's say, "Waste 30,000 Kuva rerolling rivens" when your rivens aren't in need of rerolling, or better yet, "Use 300 Energy Restores(make that Shield Restores if you run 5x3 and above) in missions? Because that's how it feels like. 

Same for gilding - I have long since leveled every zaw currently available, many of them - multiple times for experimentation sake. Gilding a mote amp is easy, but again, is an exercise in futility because I'll discard it as soon as I'm done. This challenge might as well be "Level a weapon to 30 and sell it for creds" for the purpose of being fun and engaging. 

Edited by Reifnir
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb -Ba-ikebothun:

just wow, i have no issues with any other challenges, i only voiced my opinion and as someone running a clan i can say that a lot of other people have had frustrations with the gilding weapons challenge, its a lot more work than the other challenges on its level. 
Also i have no issue playing the game, in fact i made myself the challenge to forma everything so i could continue playing the game as i have for the past 4+ years... 

If people cant voice their opinions to de cause hungry forum dwellers will jump on any controversial post then how will de know what their players are thinking.
I wish you a good day and have fun. Find something more productive to do.

So I don't get the point why you named this thread like this when everything is cool?

Why is it even veteran unfriendly to guild a modular item? Based on your reaction you just wanted to shout out some random thought and now you're unhappy with the reactions. That's life, we rarely get what we want. 

24 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

we have to do nightwave as long as we can

Ok. Go on and burn yourself and your clan on doing every single silly task.

It sounds tremendously unhealthy, so I'm not going to. But everyone should damage themselves to their heart's content.

3 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Ok. Go on and burn yourself and your clan on doing every single silly task.

It sounds tremendously unhealthy, so I'm not going to. But everyone should damage themselves to their heart's content.

You just ignored "if we want the reward" aren't you?

So we have to decide to, forgot possibility and pray for the luck (and possibly regret it later), or do everything.

Either way, i don't think it's "healthy".

Oh wait, there is another way... ask for developers to remove "problem", just explain why you are unhappy and hope it change something.

• Like 1

The gilding challenge can be easily done with a Mote Amp.

However I do agree about the Forma challenge, as a player with forma on nearly every weapon and warframe that I use I'd have to waste three forma on something that doesn't need it, or that I'm not going to use. And this is awful because forma is one of the most precious resources in the game, it's not only rare to obtain (having to run fissures, use a relic and give up a prime item in order to get one blueprint), but takes an awful lot of time to craft, and it is used in large quantities; 3-6 forma each weapon/warframe needs to be maxed.

6 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

You just ignored "if we want the reward" aren't you?

Did you need to do everything during the last Nightwave to get all the ranked rewards and a couple cred rewards on the side? The answer is no.

33 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Did you need to do everything during the last Nightwave to get all the ranked rewards and a couple cred rewards on the side? The answer is no.

Did you really read/understand what did i said?

That was just RNG, nothing more nothing less.

Even though this task is easy for vets it is really annoying. Why would I want to build another weapon just to throw it out? What if I didn't have weapon slots? 

This task wasn't really well thought out. Not just for the vets but for the most of players.