Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! Ɨ

Seeking weapon recommendation for Khora

--Aegis--MR9

Question

Ahoy šŸ™‚

I find myself using more n more Khora these days and thinking what might be the best 'lazy' weapon for her.Ā 

Basically I want something that can kill enemies stuck at her strangledome with minimum effort. That means, aoe or some sort of heat-seeking weapons. BTW, my build has max range so damage isn't too great.Ā 

Ignis amprex - low range. Catchmoon or arca - needs aiming. Testing zenister now but disk damage radius seems low. What about cyanex?Ā 

Thing is, I don't know much about weapons, always used frames for damage and few meta weps. Any help would be very appreciated.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by MR9BCI

10 answers to this question

To lazy kill mobs stuck on dome... I can't think of anything else than a good ignis wraith. You say it doesn't have range, but try it with the range mod for beam main weaps (don't remember the name), you won't be able to live without it. And ignis is the most no-aim no-brain weap i can think about, and an excellent one at that. You can just wiggle your cursor on the dome and kill everything.

Also, not much of a khora player so not sure, but I think you can use your 1 on the dome to radiate its damage to all mobs stuck to it. So, if it's reliably doable, you can build for aĀ strong 1 and clear the dome this way.

Why you wanna kill them? Killing them just spawns more. Apart from defense, the modes her strangledome excels at (mobile defense, interception, excavation) you don't really benefit from killing the enemies so just leave them hanging. Easy life. Now THAT'S minimum effort.

Obviously this ignores her pilfering augment but I've not been overly impressed with thatĀ and I'll always go Nekros over Khora for farming cos he works squad wide.

If you want to kill, I find her ensnare ability to be much more effective.

Start with Hunter Command on your Venari and on your companion cat/dog/ugly-dog to make them clean the dome for you. Why bother doing it yourself?

I use hybrid Atomos (viral + heat) with a cheap but very effective riven to mop up the rest in theĀ dome. I save my primary for shotgun or sniper of my choice to kill offĀ the big ensnared guys.

Ignis (Wraith) with an heavy hitting secondary would be the alternative build.Ā 

Ā 

Honestly, give her Gunsen as melee. That combination looks fffing awesome and cc/cd rivens for Gunsen are cheap.

Edited by k05h

Khora's whip is her most lethal weapon, and doesn't require a full strength build to deal more than decent damages since it takes almost every mods from your melee weapon (except mods like condition overload, blood rush...) so... Whip 'em all like meaty pinatas!

7 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Why you wanna kill them? Killing them just spawns more. Apart from defense, the modes her strangledome excels at (mobile defense, interception, excavation) you don't really benefit from killing the enemies so just leave them hanging. Easy life. Now THAT'S minimum effort.

Obviously this ignores her pilfering augment but I've not been overly impressed with thatĀ and I'll always go Nekros over Khora for farming cos he works squad wide.

If you want to kill, I find her ensnare ability to be much more effective.

Lets say you are at survival missions .. you gotta kill dude.

Just use your whip. Don't forget however to have a melee weapon that benefits the whips damage.

E.g. Jaw sword ,Mire, dual cleavers or skana. Always with the syndicate mod for the weapon though. Seeing that the whip stacks with the damage that your melee can do.

Personally I prefer Mire with Toxic blight.

I would say ignis wraith,

even though I am not a personal fan it should work for you if you put some range on it I can usually reach most enemies in a 190% range dome without range mods on it.Ā 

Also you want to use your whip, so a strong melee to act as a stat stick would be suggested.Ā 

The most annoying part of the dome is all the enemies that keep swinging, a rapid fire weapon is preferred over a slow rate one.Ā 

Ā