Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You guys sure about the Corpus Flamethrower?

Xzorn

In reference to: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Amalgam_Cinder_Machinist

Heat has traditionally been a Grineer thing while Electric has been a Corpus thing.

When has a Corpus Heat based weapon existed?

Yea, I get it's an Amalgam but Sentients nor Corpus use Heat damage and it's primal nature doesn't fit either faction. Personally I prefer the continuity due to resistances but a larger point is the problems we've had with Scorchers in the past to the point we hardly see them now. Each faction keeping to certain damage types gives them identity. To be clear I'm not saying Electric is the only damage type Corpus do. They produce IPS. Mostly Puncture, Electric, Blast and Radiation. This is further reflected by Dojo Research "Energy Lab" and the Grineer Research "Chem Lab" Heat in Warframe is Fire otherwise it would be Radiation as both produce Heat but fire is chemical in nature which is not something Corpus use. The same applies to Toxic.

I'd also like to take this as a time to address Eximus Faction mixing.

Until somewhat recently Corpus did not have Energy Leech Eximus and instead had Guardian Eximus. Corpus also did not have Arson/Caustic Eximus and instead had Blitz. I really think you had it right the first time with each faction having exclusive Eximi and should even be expanded per faction. If you really feel Energy Leech needs to be in every faction then fine; give Corpus something new. Much as it gives me PTSD we could even bring back the magnetic Eximus in place of Energy Leech since the status effect isn't as bad. Make it an occasional AoE pulse that's subject to line of sight. Something fair. Give Infested a movement Speed Eximus. There's plenty of options.

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 1

Yeah i thought it was weird how Amalgam Corpus have a Flamethrower when they focus on Puncture, Or other Tech Weapons while Grineer uses Heat, Impact, Slash, Blast, and maybe Puncture. It would’ve made sense if he did Tau Damage like Wolf did when he turned into a Amalgam but nope, it’s the same as a Ignis would do. 

Meh they're guidelines, not rules.

Grineer have the Vulklok (sure it's only a sentinel weapon, but it's still an electric based energy weapon). And the Corpus already have Kreska for fire damage, and have dabbled in non-energy weapons like the Angstrum (not counting the standard ballistic weapons that got retconned away from them)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

Meh they're guidelines, not rules.

Grineer have the Vulklok (sure it's only a sentinel weapon, but it's still an electric based energy weapon). And the Corpus already have Kreska for fire damage, and have dabbled in non-energy weapons like the Angstrum (not counting the standard ballistic weapons that got retconned away from them)

Vulklok is a stretch since It's not used by any Enemy. Kreska being fairly new where these lines have already started to blur.

Exclusive damage types help distinguish the factions from each other and even give a glimpse into their past.

Grineer are more reckless and simplistic in their weapon types with ballistics, mostly Impact, Fire, Explosives and in years past they were almost taken by the Infested well as their dealing with Toxic / Poison in Cicero Crisis so it made sense for them to dabble in dangerous Toxic weaponry.

Corpus follow robotics and Orokin designs. They favor Electric. Puncture weapons, Cold and some Explosives. When they came across the Infested much of their tech was assimilated. They didn't use Infested concept or designs to inspire new weaponry because short of Orokin. They already make potent weapons.

The Infested have taken elements of both factions while also still being mostly Slash, Toxic, Viral based.

In the end, why would Alad V gives this unit a Flamethrower when he could give it an Amprex or similar?

Guideline is synonymous with Rule. The only difference is their enforcement not the impact of their deviation.

Only examples are a weapon not used by enemies and a weapon made 6 months ago in over 6 years of this game's lifespan which also happen to be the patch Eximi started to mix within factions as another part of my post mentioned. Keep going and we'll be fighting rainbow damage enemies that all have DR in no time. Oh.. wait.

plasma isnt like fire?

i mean, its not like there is a GIANT BALL OF PLASMA in the sky.

so ya... PLASMA flamethrower is 100% in the "energy weapons only" play set of Corpus.

and its not like corpus are exclusively using energy based weapons, the Lenz Very much has a physical projectile. (metallic thing with a line of energy in it). it does IMPACT damage on contact FFS.

so... ya... Corpus Flamethrower is not some crazy thing for players to have.

Not sure where Plasma came from but... Plasma has more in common with Electricity than it does Fire. It's like saying Lightning does Heat damage. Yes, Plasma can burn much like lightning but that doesn't make Lightning fire. Neon Signs are Plasma. There is also cold Plasma. It's just a state of matter.

I never said Corpus were limited to energy weapons. I said they favor Electric. Puncture, Cold and some Explosives. Lenz is very much a Blast weapon. All the factions vary in IPS types somewhat but Corpus favor Puncture. They also use Radiation which is how the sun gives off heat.

Things like Toxic and Heat are too unrefined. The Corpus wouldn't use such weapons. They would use Radiation, a refined method of inflicting heat where as the heat most of us think via Fire is something the Grineer would use through chemical reaction.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Not sure where Plasma came from but... Plasma has more in common with Electricity than it does Fire. It's like saying Lightning does Heat damage. Yes, Plasma can burn much like lightning but that doesn't make Lightning fire. Neon Signs are Plasma. There is also cold Plasma. It's just a state of matter.

I never said Corpus were limited to energy weapons. I said they favor Electric. Puncture, Cold and some Explosives. Lenz is very much a Blast weapon. All the factions vary in IPS types somewhat but Corpus favor Puncture. They also use Radiation which is how the sun gives off heat.

Things like Toxic and Heat are too unrefined. The Corpus wouldn't use such weapons. They would use Radiation, a refined method of inflicting heat where as the heat most of us think via Fire is something the Grineer would use through chemical reaction.

ya, not fire but plasma... much like the energy produced by Wisps 4th abilitiy. 

"Flames are the result of a chemical reaction, primarily between oxygen in the air and a fuel, such as wood or propane. In addition to other products, the reaction produces carbon dioxide, steam, light, and heat. If the flame is hot enough, the gases are ionized and become yet another state of matter: plasma."

i dont see the corpus using a burning fuel yes, but a weapon that projects flame due to a superheating of air?

10 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Until somewhat recently Corpus did not have Energy Leech Eximus and instead had Guardian Eximus. Corpus also did not have Arson/Caustic Eximus and instead had Blitz. I really think you had it right the first time with each faction having exclusive Eximi and should even be expanded per faction. If you really feel Energy Leech needs to be in every faction then fine; give Corpus something new. Much as it gives me PTSD we could even bring back the magnetic Eximus in place of Energy Leech since the status effect isn't as bad. Make it an occasional AoE pulse that's subject to line of sight. Something fair. Give Infested a movement Speed Eximus. There's plenty of options.

Corpus have had Energy Leech Eximus versions of shield drones for nigh-on 5 friggin' years.

52 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Corpus have had Energy Leech Eximus versions of shield drones for nigh-on 5 friggin' years.

Probably right. Corpus were almost entirely Humanoid and Moa units for the longest time. I don't think I ever noticed an Energy Leech Corpus unit esp with only 3 units appearing but increasing Eximus spawn rate by 20% and Eximus Sorties with a now constant bombardment of Osprey probably helped with that.

Still, just wanted to correct that? Not talk about the Arson or the purpose to preserve Faction distinctions?

It's fine. Think I'm wasting my time with this Topic. I sometimes forget the game has devolved into a 5 min spam, immunity, time skin slot machine where continuity, knowledge and even modding has become an illusion of choice because all other viable options have been stripped from us.

In the grand scheme of messes in this game. It really is a trivial matter to bother with but thought I'd discuss it.

It's an Arc Welder.

h5TocX4.jpg

It uses ionized Gas and Electricity to produce massive amounts of radiation and heat. Mostly Infrared and Ultra violet.

No on it's own it would make a horrible weapon unless you want to press it against the opponent as Plasma inside an atmosphere dissipates rapidly. It must be contained within a magnetic field or projected at extreme velocity to remain plasma when it strikes otherwise you're just spewing radiation into the air.

Yes the Corpus use Gas but why would they use Gas in it's basic state when they can turn it into something more potent.

The grineer have had Electric Mines and Magnetic Doors for a long time, plus Prosecutors literally use Electric Amphis. Heck the Amphis itself is a Grineer-made Electric Staff.

If they can have one or two things that use what are, traditionally, Corpus things? Then the Corpus can have one or two that use traditionally Grineer things.

• Like 1