Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have a talk about the garbage that is Kuva Survival?

Lazframe

2 minutes ago, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

why should getting a godroll riven be hard...

i mean, the clue is in the name isn't it?

Nah, most people who get those just want it for Epeen and Plat, pretty much.

There's no such thing as a "godroll", just what is most optimal for a weapon.

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

Nah, most people who get those just want it for Epeen and Plat, pretty much.

There's no such thing as a "godroll", just what is most optimal for a weapon.

ok, you call it a 'what is most optimal for a weapon roll' i'll call it a godroll and we'll see who gets to finish the sentence first 😉

sure most people want them for plat, but if anyone could get the roll they wanted easily it woudln't be worth so much eh. and tbh i don't see the beenfit of having everyone in the game running around with rivens that can destroy anything in the game. case in point, all teh complaints about game breakingly great kitguns.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

sure most people want them for plat, but if anyone could get the roll they wanted easily it woudln't be worth so much eh. and tbh i don't see the beenfit of having everyone in the game running around with rivens that can destroy anything in the game. case in point, all teh complaints about game breakingly great kitguns.

I personally don't see the point in your so called "rivens that destroy anything" in game given you can already mod quite a selection of guns to do just that in relevant levels (don't bring up the "endgame is level 300 survival" crap). You don't need a riven to win at Sortie, so the inflated number pretty much is just there to inflate epeen. Hence, there is no requirement to make rivens with good stats rare, other than DE trying to make money out of selling plat. There is no benefit to the community if rivens are rare.

Again, as i said, it's just epeen and snowflaking at work here, plus DE's own version of the Gacha. Why should rivens have high worth or value? Have you ever questioned that line of thinking?

(Before you go off tangent on "you must be a salty noob with no rivens", I do have quite a few.)

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

I personally don't see the point in your so called "rivens that destroy anything" in game given you can already mod quite a selection of guns to do just that in relevant levels (don't bring up the "endgame is level 300 survival" crap). You don't need a riven to win at Sortie, so the inflated number pretty much is just there to inflate epeen. Hence, there is no requirement to make rivens with good stats rare, other than DE trying to make money out of selling plat. There is no benefit to the community if rivens are rare.

Again, as i said, it's just epeen and snowflaking at work here, plus DE's own version of the Gacha. Why should rivens have high worth or value? Have you ever questioned that line of thinking?

(Before you go off tangent on "you must be a salty noob with no rivens", I do have quite a few.)

well, there goes my motivation to have a rational debate with you. super patronising.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

well, there goes my motivation to have a rational debate with you. super patronising.

I am simply asking, have you ever questioned the point "why must Rivens have high worth or value"? That is a simple question in itself, to ask you to think about, because you seem to be already assuming that Rivens are innately valuable commodities that must have high worth attached to them. By already forming the assumption that Rivens are innately good, rare things with high value, it wouldn't be worth debating in the first place.

Also, it is common that people would see my post as that from a person that "lacks the resources" when I clearly "possess the resources I talk about". This is just to dispel misconceptions. If I am talking about removing energy pads from the game, for example, I would openly tell you I have hundreds of them and have no qualms about giving them up. I do have high value Rivens. I wouldn't complain if they were easier to roll and I could have more, even if the overall value of my stock fell. This completely destroys the very salty argument of "you are jealous"  that happens to be the only argument some have.

I don't understand those people who complain if resources/farm becomes less grindy, annoying or difficult.

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

This. I love kuvival. Also if people didn't waste so much time levlling in hydron they'd have mountains of kuva. i do all my levelling pretty much exclusively here and as a result have over 500k kuva.

Interesting approach... I will try that today.

1 minute ago, breakdafunk said:

A couple of my Rivens would disagree with you :).

I simply don't see "+CC, +CD, + Multi, - Zoom" (at the higher end of stats as well) 20,000 plat Opticor as a godroll (or a 120% SC Kohm). It's quite optimized, yes, but the Opticor still functions as it should. The usage has not changed, except it kills enemies with higher levels.

How would you call that a "god roll"? Nothing has changed, other than the gun functioning well for a few more levels. Or maybe expectations for "god" items happen to be a bit low in this game.

7 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I simply don't see "+CC, +CD, + Multi, - Zoom" (at the higher end of stats as well) 20,000 plat Opticor as a godroll (or a 120% SC Kohm). It's quite optimized, yes, but the Opticor still functions as it should. The usage has not changed, except it kills enemies with higher levels.

How would you call that a "god roll"? Nothing has changed, other than the gun functioning well for a few more levels. Or maybe expectations for "god" items happen to be a bit low in this game.

I would say that there are some Rivens with certain negative stats that significantly change how a weapon behaves. If you are lucky to get that negative, and an additional +CC, +CD, +Multi, +Dmg or other highly demanded stat, that in my opinion is a godroll.

Edited by breakdafunk

On 2019-06-21 at 11:06 PM, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Kuva and riven rolls are like free loot boxes in a way. You always get better stats, just not the ones You personally want. In that regard, you want game breaking God-rolls, grind for it. No exceptions.

If you consider wasting huge amounts of your time on what will most likely turn out to be a mediocre roll at best to be 'free', sure.

On 2019-06-22 at 9:56 AM, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

Warframe is the best game, DE cant do anything wrong, dont throw positive criticism at DE, this game is so perfect that even jesus came back again just to farm some kuva and roll dem rivens.

Praise Rng!

6 minutes ago, kgabor said:

If you consider wasting huge amounts of your time on what will most likely turn out to be a mediocre roll at best to be 'free', sure.

*Assuming you find playing kuvival a waste of your time.

Ultimately video games are at their very core a waste of time, what you find a more enjoyable waste of time than someone else doesn't make you right anymore than it makes you wrong. You can replace the kuva 'grind' with 'braton vandal parts' 'growing power' or 'condition overload' or 'dojo pigments' or anything in the game, to some it's a waste of time playing kuvival, or eso, or whatever, to others it's fine but it's doing defectionas for harrow or spy for ivara etc etc

Just now, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

*Assuming you find playing kuvival a waste of your time.

Ultimately video games are at their very core a waste of time, what you find a more enjoyable waste of time than someone else doesn't make you right anymore than it makes you wrong. You can replace the kuva 'grind' with 'braton vandal parts' 'growing power' or 'condition overload' or 'dojo pigments' or anything in the game, to some it's a waste of time playing kuvival, or eso, or whatever, to others it's fine but it's doing defectionas for harrow or spy for ivara etc etc

Well, since it's a probability based game when it comes to rewards and the game mode doesn't offer any significant side-loot, i consider it a waste of time. (not gameplay-wise, but reward-wise)

Meanwhile i don't consider ESO that, it gives some focus, relics-so basically an ok plat source and the side loot alone is just enough to keep the game mode alive, on top of being a little more challenging than 90% of other game content.

Defection, i just find it horribly boring and repetitive, also it's a bugged mess or at least it was last time i played it, you know a game mode isn't good when you have to spend the majority of your time staring at some npc-s ass that moves incredibly slow and gets stuck in textures.

And by the same logic video games are a waste of time, everything is objectively a waste of time.

A bit of my mind though, what is your real reason to get more kuva? Is it because you want to roll your riven to be better or it's because you want to get a riven that gives you 2000 platinum in one trade?

If DE do increase the kuva gain or somewhat makes it scale on the survival, will you be satisfied with it or you will ask for more to the point of more and more kuva in one run?

Also, do you really need that much to roll one? Riven is something that you can call as 'luxury commodity', hardly needed unless you want to invest a lot to get that one amazing roll so make the kuva more common and see how fast you will see your riven as something cheap and forgettable because you can just roll another without consideration

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

A bit of my mind though, what is your real reason to get more kuva? Is it because you want to roll your riven to be better or it's because you want to get a riven that gives you 2000 platinum in one trade?

If DE do increase the kuva gain or somewhat makes it scale on the survival, will you be satisfied with it or you will ask for more to the point of more and more kuva in one run?

Also, do you really need that much to roll one? Riven is something that you can call as 'luxury commodity', hardly needed unless you want to invest a lot to get that one amazing roll so make the kuva more common and see how fast you will see your riven as something cheap and forgettable because you can just roll another without consideration

Only reason why those rivens are ""worth"" 2000 plat is the time sink and RNG. You remove those or lessen them, and the prices go down to compensate, seems many don't understand this.

22 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Don't let rivens control you and you shall be set free.

The Vet code:

Endgame is a lie! There is only grind.

Through grind i gain skills,

Through skills i gain powercreep,

Through powercreep i gain boredom!

Through boredom my chains will be broken, the floofs shall free me!

6 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Yes it is free. You don't even need to do it in the first place. It's literally whining. 

You're right.. but you're also wrong.   

So don't be acting like your right.. when you're also wrong.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

This. I love kuvival. Also if people didn't waste so much time levlling in hydron they'd have mountains of kuva. i do all my levelling pretty much exclusively here and as a result have over 500k kuva.

one addition i wouldn't be against is making it work like the updated fractures thing - put in multiple catalysts which ramp up the difficulty but also the reward. i thought of this recently as i noticed the kuva towers seem to have mulltiple catalysts in anyhow. even that maybe a bit too much though, 4 catalysts in one tower, with res booster & smeeta buff = 3200 kuva? i mean, that's nice but you could come out of a mid length kuvival with ~50k would be ludicrous tbh 

i had never considered it as a level map but im totally going to be doign that if im bored of ESO now. tanks lol

1 hour ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Well, considering free is free and a "good" riven roll is subjective, I'm going to go ahead and say I'm right. 

It is free in the sense you don't pay money, however you pay with time and that is why it isn't "free".  

Kuva farming just needs more missions, or more amounts......it gets very tedious staying in the same mission for an hour just for a couple of rolls....

Or reduce the amount required to reroll rivens....

Edited by KnightCole