Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Tip] Screenshot key is now CTRL+F6

CryoELITE

Hello ! I am new to the forums , however after struggling for a full week and wondering why F6 was not working for me to take screenshot i found CTRL+F6 to be working for me after a few tries . For anyone who uses steam warframe that should work . This is different from the F12 steam screenshot key as ingame screenshot key is used to store screenshot + metadata. The saved screenshots are located in C:\Users\{Your username}\Pictures\Warframe.  Hope this helps everyone :)

Edited by CryoELITE
Better Understanding .

7 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Default key for Steam screenshots is F12 btw.

I meant the ingame screenshot key. And ingame screenshot is different from steam screenshot as it stores metadata , useful in warframe events , debugging and support. Also used for bug report to fix mapholes.

1 minute ago, CryoELITE said:

I meant the ingame screenshot key. And ingame screenshot is different from steam screenshot as it stores metadata , useful in warframe events , debugging and support. Also used for bug report to fix mapholes.

I get it afterwards because isnt cleat after first reading if you mean Steam screenshot key or game itselft

4 minutes ago, Husla said:

Mine is still F6, maybe try changing it back to default or turning on fn

Sadly that doesnt work for many people i know as well. I tried the screenshot at my friend's place but it just didnt work, even for his own account. Well atleast now we know that its somehow ctrl+f6 and the game doesnt give any info. 

1 hour ago, CryoELITE said:

Also for screenshots without interface.

35 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'd suggest looking at settings and keybinds, mine is still just F6.

There's no bind option for in-game screenshots.

Edited by Ksaero

2 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Warframe has inbuilt screenshot  feature as well.

Not only that, it embeds some metadata into the picture that Steam doesn't. That means support and/or devs can figure out exactly when and where each shot was taken when you send them pictures of glitches and such.