Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulacrum is.... weird?

sharkstrangler

Ok here me out here:

I'm going to base this on 2 things: Expectations of Simulacrum, NW challenge.

1. Expectations: Going into it, I thought it was going to be an area of the game that was essentially a dev build where you could test any mods, any setups, have infinite forma, and could test a majority of things for fun(that would of course not transfer once you left simulacrum). Oh how I was wrong... The whole Infinite Forma thing came from the NW challenge, which I'll talk about later. I still think to this day that Simulacrum should essentially be a dev build where you can test whatever you want, instead of just shooting stuff with things you already own. I don't know about you lads, but when I found out that it was just a way to conveniently spawn enemies, I was saddened. I realize they were definitely a lil bit too hopeful of expectations, but I do enjoy my occasional "destroy Fallout 4 with a fat man and god mode on" kinda thing every now and then.

If anyone disagrees, then voice your opinions. Would love to hear 'em.

2. Nightwave Challenge: This was the catalyst of confusion for me, and the reason I bought the simulacrum key in the first place. The challenge I'm referring to is: "Polarize with Forma 3 times (Not in Simulacrum)". Don't know if you noticed the bold, but that was the part that led me into this whole thing. If you don't have infinite forma in simulacrum, why is use of forma null for NW in it? Doesn't make any sense to me, and was the main source of my confusion. Saw this in a few other forum posts as well, but not talked about too much.

Once again, if you disagree, voice your opinion. After all, this is supposed to be "discussion."

TL;DR: I definitely had lofty expectations going into simulacrum, but I still believe that it would be really fun and cool to have simulacrum be a way to change really anything you wanted for fun or to test any kind of setup you wanted without having to do things like gouge plat. (And bar the whole "this belongs in feedback" or whatever, I don't think DE will ever implement this, thus not a worth a post in there, just want to hear other's thoughts)

• Like 1

Just now, Ragingwasabi said:

it would be a cool feature. the simulacrum is a simulation environment right? infinite, instant forma should be possible. 

just being able to test ur build before you spend the next couple of hours investing the 5-6 forma would be nice

That's exactly what I want. Like when people recommend a weapon like the Amprex that requires 4 forma to use, would like to see if it's a weapon I would enjoy using (with my own mouse and keyboard, not some biased partner video on it), buy testing it fully built in the Simulacrum first.

• Like 1

Just now, Oreades said:

We haven't even been able to get them to give us Simulacrum access directly from our orbiters but I'll keep my fingers crossed that it gets more versatile in the future regardless. 

I see it as one of the highest potential items in the game, yet it seems like they were just like "let's take a basic-b---h cephalon tile and let people spawn enemies in it, this'll give the players so much freedom with builds and testing!"

Also would appreciate going directly from Orbiter to Simulacrum.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

because applying Forma to your Equipment in simulation is done for free, and instant.
you could apply 50 Forma to an item in less than a minute in Simulation, and without actually spending any Forma.

How? This post makes absolutely not sense to me.

Are you saying that forma doesn't reset level in Simulacrum?

Are you saying that your forma count doesn't lower Simulacrum?

Are you saying that affinity is easily gained in Simulacrum?

Cause as far as I know, none of these are true.

However if you're referring to my dev build Idea, why would applying instant forma to test builds be a bad thing if it didn't actually change anything outside of Simulacrum and reset when you left? Who would this hurt?

Edited by sharkstrangler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkstrangler said:

However if you're referring to my dev build Idea, why would applying instant forma to test builds be a bad thing if it didn't actually change anything outside of Simulacrum and reset when you left? Who would this hurt?

referring to your inquiry towards why the Nightwave Task excludes Simulation. that is the reason why.

It's been suggested before... And I still agree with it. No reason to prevent us from just simulating builds nowadays. It's not like we'd take the polarizations with us upon leaving simulacrum.

But hey, a wasted forma means more playtime and/or more plat spent, right?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sharkstrangler said:

1. Expectations: Going into it, I thought it was going to be an area of the game that was essentially a dev build where you could test any mods, any setups, have infinite forma, and could test a majority of things for fun(that would of course not transfer once you left simulacrum). Oh how I was wrong... The whole Infinite Forma thing came from the NW challenge, which I'll talk about later. I still think to this day that Simulacrum should essentially be a dev build where you can test whatever you want, instead of just shooting stuff with things you already own. I don't know about you lads, but when I found out that it was just a way to conveniently spawn enemies, I was saddened. I realize they were definitely a lil bit too hopeful of expectations, but I do enjoy my occasional "destroy Fallout 4 with a fat man and god mode on" kinda thing every now and then.

If anyone disagrees, then voice your opinions. Would love to hear 'em.

Imagine if someone found a way to glitch the Simulacrum & keep weapons, mods, & formas that said player doesn't have, it would be a total mess, & just imagine how the devs will react.

Until they find a way to fix this, thousand, if not millions of players will already have everything in the game without spending any plats, resources, or credits

EDIT: What I would like tho are walls, seriously

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

10 hours ago, sharkstrangler said:

2. Nightwave Challenge: This was the catalyst of confusion for me, and the reason I bought the simulacrum key in the first place. The challenge I'm referring to is: "Polarize with Forma 3 times (Not in Simulacrum)". Don't know if you noticed the bold, but that was the part that led me into this whole thing. If you don't have infinite forma in simulacrum, why is use of forma null for NW in it? Doesn't make any sense to me, and was the main source of my confusion. Saw this in a few other forum posts as well, but not talked about too much.

I could be wrong but I think it's just that all challenges are disabled in the simulcrum (like you cannot complete kill x enemies in simulcrum).

It could be put on every applicable challenge but going there and seeing that enemies don't count toward kill isn't as painful as using a forma and seeing that not count.

I don't think there's anything special about putting forma on in simulcrum. It works the same as putting it on in orbiter arsenal.

24 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Imagine if someone found a way to glitch the Simulacrum & keep weapons, mods, & formas that said player doesn't have, it would be a total mess, & just imagine how the devs will react.

Until they find a way to fix this, thousand, if not millions of players will already have everything in the game without spending any plats, resources, or credits

EDIT: What I would like tho are walls, seriously

Hahaha that's why this is in discussion instead of feedback. If I thought that this could be easily implemented without any risk of exploits or other issues, I would have put it in Feedback, not in discussion.

This post was only to point out how fun and cool it would be, not to recommend its implementation.

Should have read my entire post dude.

22 minutes ago, sharkstrangler said:

Hahaha that's why this is in discussion instead of feedback. If I thought that this could be easily implemented without any risk of exploits or other issues, I would have put it in Feedback, not in discussion.

This post was only to point out how fun and cool it would be, not to recommend its implementation.

Should have read my entire post dude.

I never said anything about that, I just replied because I wanted to share my opinion, like you asked

• Like 1