Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the mastery rank 20 test impossible to pass?

BGamer18

Question

Hello I recently got to Mastery rank 20 test. I tried this for the first time with the odonata but I found that no matter what I did I failed after passing the fourth to last ring. There is such a huge gap in between the 4th to last ring and the last 3 rings that I don't have enough time no matter what I do. I am passing through all of the rings successfully and not missing the rings at all but yet I still don't have enough time. I have a maxed out hyperion thrusters on my odonata but I still fail for some reason even though I'm doing it perfectly. Can you guys please give me any recommendations for how I pass this test?Insert image from URL

1 minute ago, Soldier1312 said:

Use Itzal and teleport to the end.

I don't have any other archwings. Plus I really don't feel like having to build a whole new archwing just to pass a stupid test that should have been fixed to begin with.

Edited by BGamer18

That test wasn't that hard, and I used an Odonata.

Are you making sure you are using the boost as much as you can? Sprinting and boosting between gates should see you clear it preatty easily.

Edited by KokoroWish
  • Like 1

Just now, KokoroWish said:

That test wasn't that hard, and I used an Odonata.

Are you making sure you are using the boost as much as you can? Sprinting and boosting between gates should see you clear it preatty easily.

I was using shift the whole time I was passing through every single ring and I have a maxed odonata with a maxed hyperion thrusters mod equipped. I don't know whats going on.

Practice, that's all you need. It's possible to do it in an Elytron without Hyperion Thrusters. Slowest you can possibly go, and still do it.

Just now, BGamer18 said:

I was using shift the whole time I was passing through every single ring and I have a maxed odonata with a maxed hyperion thrusters mod equipped. I don't know whats going on.

Press space as well.

Edited by DeMonkey

19 minutes ago, BGamer18 said:

I don't have any other archwings. Plus I really don't feel like having to build a whole new archwing just to pass a stupid test that should have been fixed to begin with.

Itzal is so worth it tho

3 minutes ago, GrimSanji said:

test was never an issue. but i rushed itzel. but according to this video it is beatable with odonata. so it's not impossible. 

My odonata is not nearly that fast even though I have maxed hyperion thrusters and my archwing is rank 30

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Practice, that's all you need. It's possible to do it in an Elytron without Hyperion Thrusters. Slowest you can possibly go, and still do it.

Press space as well.

Thanks for the tip

54 minutes ago, BGamer18 said:

lmao I never knew about space boost thing before I just beat it in practice 

Originally, they just went faster when you boosted; but then they slowed down the normal boost and put it in the overboost, still a little slower than it was with Hyperion thruster and regular boost before, but it helps when you aren't using Itzal to just teleport.

i don't want to sound like a jerk, but that Archwing test is achievable using the slowest Archwing (Elytron), without any Mods. and without using any Abilities.

it does sound like you were not aware that Archwing technically has two types of 'Sprint'. that will certainly make a big difference. if you still have a hard time i just want to say you definitely can complete it and that there isn't a reason to give up on it.
but, it sounds like you're doing ok now that you are aware of the two 'Sprints'. DG89Hpu.png

Have you never noticed a player rank 20 to 27 in any mission?

If you have then this would indicate that the MR 20 test is NOT "impossible to pass".

So, try something crazy, 1. do an internet search for others suggestions, 2. practice. Problem solved.

I am crap at archwing and passed this test first try. So if I can it can't be "impossible to pass"

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BGamer18 said:

archwings need a complete rework so that people aren't forced into using the itzal but thats a topic for another day

Says the above but hasn't tried the other AW and also didn't know about boost as shown below. 

3 hours ago, BGamer18 said:

Sorry man, but saying something needs to be reworked when you don't have enough experience with it isn't exactly fair.  Just putting that out there.  😄  

The mastery tests actually do a good job in ensuring you are up to speed in the various game mechanics. Op's case is a great example (press space for boost).

I had loads of trouble in the past with the mastery test for the bullet jumps, should be MR 8 or something. After failing the test at least 3 times then watching a YouTube video and practising a bit I finally passed with my understanding of bullet jump much improved 🙂

Speaking of which, my MR20 test will be due soon so this topic is of particular interest to me as well.

7 hours ago, BGamer18 said:

Yeah I don't get it either.... I did  it with Itzal but I didn't teleport and didn't fly through all the rings.....

Maybe they changed the time....or maybe odonata is slower than I thought.

7 hours ago, BGamer18 said:

Wow !!!!

7 hours ago, MakubexKido said:

if you cant pass the test, you dont deserve the rank 😗😗

Shush !!!

Maybe make sure you know all the controls before claiming something is impossible.

Obviously, you got to mr20 without even doing the archwing rush node. You cannot beat it as odonata without space+shift. You're supposed to do it around mr 6-8 iirc.

It would be OK if you were a proper noob, but no, you're mr20... You've spent so much time with the game, visibly willfully ignored a game mechanic, got stuck because you never tried to learn said mechanic.

Maybe next time, once you fail a test meant to verify your mastery over a certain mechanic, you'll go and train yourself to that mechanic, instead of doing the same thing again, not trying to change anything and ending up here, crying about one of the simplest task in the entire game.