Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

Ok, funny story that happened a few days ago and I will share with you all.

A rooster was singing during the night and annoying its owner's neighbor.

Said neighbor went and called the police at 2am and the cops had no choice... but arrest the rooster. (its in portuguese, but you will know what is going on)

Yes. The ROOSTER was arrested and taken to the police station.

The reporter who was covering it broke down in laugher 3 times before he could spit out the news.

Today, we had news on the criminal, he was evicted to another house that had a farm.

Hopefully, his new landlord will keep him in line.

It became a meme, because of course.

Edited by Kaotyke
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Said neighbor went and called the police at 2am and the cops had no choice... but arrest the rooster. (its in portuguese, but you will know what is going on)

The reporter who was covering it broke down in laugher 3 times before he could spit out the news.

Today, we had news on the criminal, he was evicted to another house that had a farm.

@Kaotyke: Not the first rooster arrest I've heard. Some time ago, a cockfight ended in one rooster, armed with a knife, fatally stabbing its owner in the groin. Owner bled out, rooster was detained at the local PD.

@Aldain: "Sword Art: online".

Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk

On 2021-06-12 at 1:03 AM, Kaotyke said:

Unbelievable, what could be next? a pigeon for making its necessities in the road?

• Like 1

On 2021-06-08 at 1:32 AM, Loza03 said:

Remember that DnD game I mentioned in, like... February?? I've just planned out something I have to gush about. I'm looking forward to it because... hoo boy.

So, 3/4ths of the party have found themselves locked up awaiting trial. They're going to be defended by Miles Fringevalue, prosecuted by Houoh Wright, who's secretly a cult member for the DRAGON they managed to piss off a few months ago and has snuck in some of his buddies in case he doesn't get what the BBEG wants. Whether or not they get a guilty verdict (which will depend on the response one of them makes to a corrupt government official more than the actual trial itself, because this place is just rotten to the core), they'll either be set free or given life. Those don't suit the motives of the Dragon's goons, cue a fight scene with some wrinkles.

One: The enemies are blind because plot, but I'm using the opportunity to debut a new mechanic I've homebrewed: Firesight. Basically, blinded characters related to this Dragon can use their particularly nasty fire to 'see' anything that's being affected by their flames, mitigating the effects of the permanent blinded condition. They'll even get advantage if the victim fails a con saving throw and get set alight. They'll be burning the hell out of courtroom, innocents be damned, and once the party steps into the fire and the flames, they'll have issues from both the (relatively light) damage of the fire and high-accuracy attacks of the cultists.

Two: they're in a courtroom. They don't have their weapons, and the Bardbarian doesn't even have his Arcane Focus and has been given a macguffin to limit his magic - since this particular city is pretty high-magic, their legal system can account for it. The fight would be trivial if they had all their powers. As-is, they have limited options to escape or fight, a ticking clock before the building comes down around them, and some innocent bystanders in the same conundrum. A good opportunity for a hero moment to redeem themselves for their actions that got them in this situation in the first place.

Update:

Without a damn hitch.

Fires go off, some six or seven of the people in the courtroom die first turn. Several of the rest die over the next few turns. The party leaps into action.

Bardbarian manages to beat one of the aggressors to death with a chair and a headbutt, the Artificer catapulted a glass into the second's face, and the fighter and the Bardbarian  manage to squeeze out roughly who gave the order from the third - before smashing a hole in the wall with their body. Paladin dropped a 'calm emotions' on some of the panicking survivors, and I gave them a mechanic where they could sacrifice their movement to move willing NPC's on their turns. The Artificer casts 'Frostbite' on one of the NPC's in a desperate gambit to basically Leidenfrost effect them to let them stand in the flames with resistance to fire damage (which I let them do, because that's awesome). The fighter has to coax a terrified mother - the Police Officer who had arrested them in the first place no less - to basically snap out of mum-protection mode (she'd brought her kid since she was going to make a day out of the trip to the city center afterwards, and she was freaking out) with the fire basically two steps away.

And the fires kept spreading and spreading - rolling a percentile dice to determine how much of the fire spread, and a D8 for which direction, and as the fires got worse I started laying on debuffs. First smoke filled the room, blocking vision and imposing disadvantage on perception. Then red-hot debris began raining from the ceiling, making the whole place difficult terrain. And on turn 7, everyone still in the room started to suffocate. The Artificer expeditious retreat double-dashed to freedom and the team shuffled the handful of remaining people out, with the fighter flinging themselves clear one turn before the whole building collapsed.

One of the best goddamn sessions I think I've ever run. Going to be hard to top that.

• Like 4

Well I've been parsing the E3 showings today.

...What the hell happened to Square Enix? I mean good lord their presentation was just...a bit embarrassing to be honest.

How can a company that produces things like Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler wind up like...that at E3?

19 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Well I've been parsing the E3 showings today.

...What the hell happened to Square Enix? I mean good lord their presentation was just...a bit embarrassing to be honest.

How can a company that produces things like Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler wind up like...that at E3?

I flat-out forgot about E3 today. So yeah.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I'm hearing about E3 on BBC news right now. This is a little surreal.

Must be a slow news day, because jack-all has been happening so far.

I'm convinced that Miyamoto could walk on camera for the Nintendo Direct, rip a loud 17 second fart and say "Here's a trailer for the sequel to Breath of the Wild" and that would be the biggest thing to come out of E3 this year, seriously that's how low the bar has been set.

8 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Must be a slow news day, because jack-all has been happening so far.

I'm convinced that Miyamoto could walk on camera for the Nintendo Direct, rip a loud 17 second fart and say "Here's a trailer for the sequel to Breath of the Wild" and that would be the biggest thing to come out of E3 this year, seriously that's how low the bar has been set.

Honestly the most exciting thing thus far has been Slime Rancher 2. 

I mean, Halo Infinite, maybe, but I'm not super interested in Halo. I really should finish 3 and move on to 4 though. Maybe actually try the multiplayer as well.

Still, you're probably right. Nintendo probably has the best chance, since they have a big expected announcement under their belts, and they've got plenty of franchises they could show off too. Metroid Prime 4 is still floating around. 

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Honestly the most exciting thing thus far has been Slime Rancher 2. 

I mean, Halo Infinite, maybe, but I'm not super interested in Halo. I really should finish 3 and move on to 4 though. Maybe actually try the multiplayer as well.

Still, you're probably right. Nintendo probably has the best chance, since they have a big expected announcement under their belts, and they've got plenty of franchises they could show off too. Metroid Prime 4 is still floating around. 

Today's showings aren't much better, only companies that I remotely recognize who are showing things off today are Take-Two and Capcom, everything else is either a hardware producer or a mobile phone provider (seriously what the hell is Verizon doing here...?).

28 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Today's showings aren't much better, only companies that I remotely recognize who are showing things off today are Take-Two and Capcom, everything else is either a hardware producer or a mobile phone provider (seriously what the hell is Verizon doing here...?).

Wake me up when Titanfall 3 gets announced.

28 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Wake me up when Titanfall 3 gets announced.

No signs of Respawn at E3 this year...not even EA is present, which honestly is a bit of a relief.

Just now, Aldain said:

If the leaks are true my heart is already broken...

Aside from maybe one regarding a particularly smashing franchise, I've not seen them, so no spoilz pls.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Aside from maybe one regarding a particularly smashing franchise, I've not seen them, so no spoilz pls.

That specific one is what I'm referring to so don't worry I couldn't spoil anything if I tried.

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Doom: Slain.

Well there's still one more slot...I'm hoping for a certain Legendary Demon Hunter myself.

Edit: HOLY CRAP NINTENDO REMEMBERS MARIO PARTY 1-3 EXIST!

Edit 2: Brb, picking my jaw up from the floor.

Edited by Aldain