Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

1 hour ago, DarthK3v said:

This might explain why caffeine has zero effect on me, and in my dad causes him to fall asleep.

Or you just have an atypical reaction to caffeine. Neurochemistry is a funny field of study.

If you have some of the usual symptoms, then we can start speculating in if ADHD is indeed the reason of your reaction (or lack thereof).

One of the problems with ADHD is, that it is a very easy diagnosis to arrive at. I've also met a lot of people, who self-diagnosed just to cover up their personal shortcomings, to the detrimental trivialization of the diagnosis. So I'm a bit hesitant to accept such a conclusion without a thorough examination. So if any symptoms you may have pose severe roadblocks in your life, then I would advise getting a proper diagnosis and consultation. If you don't have hampering symptoms, then just treat your immunity to caffeine as a personality oddity.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Insomnia. I hate my brain.

I've been rocking 4 hours of sleep a night for the last couple weeks.  Normally I rocket between 2 hours and 16 on a weekly rotation.

I'm sorry though, insomnia sucks. 

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Must be some toy story behind that army, @Yrkul. As for brains, can't live with or without it. If you had no brain, brain problems wouldn't exist, but neither would you.

---

Can a 3D printer recreate geography and make me the prints of Persia?

https://www.matterhackers.com/news/how-to-3d-print-a-map-of-anywhere-in-the-world

8 minutes ago, (PSN)DreadedGokaiger said:

8 year old post, awesome.

More like, 8 minute old post in an 8 year old thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Must be some toy story behind that army, @Yrkul.

I've been collecting wargame miniatures on and off since '84. Worked for 5 years in a gaming store, so I have a lot of minis lying around, both painted and unpainted. I've found the going into minute details helps with my focus, and painting in 3D also helps with my drawing techniques. The hobby has been on the back burner for a number of years, since I've dedicated most of my time to various studies as well as a number of health problems. And while Games Workshop is doing some dubious things to their IPs right now, the hobby and its community is very much active and very creative.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Can a 3D printer recreate geography and make me the prints of Persia?

my-hilarious-dad-jokes-my-ungrateful-fam

• Like 1

So, I've been watching/reading some new recipes for food.

I've noticed a trend, almost all of them use cheese.

Like... put cheese in anything and it becomes good kind of thing.

Now, if only cheese wasnt expensive...

19 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Or you just have an atypical reaction to caffeine. Neurochemistry is a funny field of study.

If you have some of the usual symptoms, then we can start speculating in if ADHD is indeed the reason of your reaction (or lack thereof).

One of the problems with ADHD is, that it is a very easy diagnosis to arrive at. I've also met a lot of people, who self-diagnosed just to cover up their personal shortcomings, to the detrimental trivialization of the diagnosis. So I'm a bit hesitant to accept such a conclusion without a thorough examination. So if any symptoms you may have pose severe roadblocks in your life, then I would advise getting a proper diagnosis and consultation. If you don't have hampering symptoms, then just treat your immunity to caffeine as a personality oddity.

I was diagnosed borderline autistic as a child, according to my mom. Which she told to my spouse but never bothered to inform me personally. So I guess I don't really know for sure.

57 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

So, I've been watching/reading some new recipes for food.

I've noticed a trend, almost all of them use cheese.

Like... put cheese in anything and it becomes good kind of thing.

Now, if only cheese wasnt expensive...

Careful, someone with a Live, Love Laugh mantra may appear to tell you how to DIY some cheese. 

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Careful, someone with a Live, Love Laugh mantra may appear to tell you how to DIY some cheese. 

I already know how to "extend" cheese, to make 250g into 1Kg, but it uses other materials that make it ALMOST as expensive as just buying 1 Kg.

Not counting the use of gas too since it has to be cooked.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

I already know how to "extend" cheese, to make 250g into 1Kg, but it uses other materials that make it ALMOST as expensive as just buying 1 Kg.

Not counting the use of gas too since it has to be cooked.

No delivery services?

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

No delivery services?

If I wanted the price to get a multiplier of 3.

Mag, Brazil is not in a good place in terms of food prices right now.

Granted, if you were to come here and buy things after converting your money (assuming you live in either Europe or USA or anywhere were your coin's value is greater than Real's), the whole place would be a bargain central, but for us here? Holy S#&$, prices are still raising.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

If I wanted the price to get a multiplier of 3.

Mag, Brazil is not in a good place in terms of food prices right now.

Granted, if you were to come here and buy things after converting your money (assuming you live in either Europe or USA or anywhere were your coin's value is greater than Real's), the whole place would be a bargain central, but for us here? Holy S#&$, prices are still raising.

Ah, I'm sorry.

Got first dose of the Pfizer mRNA based vaccine today, second injection is scheduled to mid-July. Shoulder is a bit messed up, joints hurt a bit more than usual and I'm pretty fatigued, but no other side-effects at the moment.

No traces of RFID chips or mindcontrolling parasites. 😆

Spoiler

fnord

4 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Got first dose of the Pfizer mRNA based vaccine today, second injection is scheduled to mid-July. Shoulder is a bit messed up, joints hurt a bit more than usual and I'm pretty fatigued, but no other side-effects at the moment.

No traces of RFID chips or mindcontrolling parasites. 😆

Reveal hidden contents

fnord

Goodie. I will probably get my first dose in December.

Full steam ahead, Brazil.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Goodie. I will probably get my first dose in December.

Full steam ahead, Brazil.

Damn. Hopefully you are of better health than I am.  India is also behind schedule, despite being one of the larger producers of the vaccine. And a new variant surfaced in Vietnam recently. On a positive note, the danish vaccine development has moved to its human testing phase. That means an up-to-date version without the logistical difficulties of the mRNA based vaccines can be distributed to less developed nations more easily.

Going back to talking about food...

The more you know.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

I really disliked the "kawaii" theme on yareli, it will be the first frame I'm gonna subsume and not gathering a copy until it's primed.

My sentiment as well.

How are the bees doing? We've just started seeing them over here due to the lingering cold weather.

20 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I really disliked the "kawaii" theme on yareli, it will be the first frame I'm gonna subsume and not gathering a copy until it's primed.

I don't mind it terribly, but it certainly does seem a bit out of place on a Tenno, and the Ventkids themselves.

Ventkids are all rough n' tumble, see? and Tenno, whilst they do have the soft, empathic side we see during the quests, have never struck me as the sort to do  that.

Then again they celebrate Not-Christmas and Not-Valentines day.

• Like 1