Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

25 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

I might be a bit off the mark, but the "walking on eggshells" comment did set a certain context.

You're not really too far off the mark really.

There's a few nuances that differ, that's to be expected, but overall yeah the statement of polarization kind of hits the nail on the head.

I'm still gonna have to figure out the solution for myself in the long haul, but right now I don't even know how deep the iceberg goes with how fast things have changed...it's making figuring things out a bit more difficult than normal.

On 2021-05-21 at 2:26 PM, Aldain said:

You're not really too far off the mark really.

There's a few nuances that differ, that's to be expected, but overall yeah the statement of polarization kind of hits the nail on the head.

I'm still gonna have to figure out the solution for myself in the long haul, but right now I don't even know how deep the iceberg goes with how fast things have changed...it's making figuring things out a bit more difficult than normal.

Jump into the Discord Prime, might be fun. 

Ate my first pizza in over a year yesterday. Tasted great, but I feel like crap today.

I'd rather have carrot at the time of writing...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

Ate my first pizza in over a year yesterday. Tasted great, but I feel like crap today.

I'm finding pizza to cause problems for me as well.  I think I've started having issues with tomato sauce. 

I suspect the combination of monosodium glumatate, simple carbs and massive amounts of unhealthy fats to be the problem. I know MSG is exacerbating my joint problems from multiple experiences with fast foods of several ethnic sources, heavily processed food and restaurant menus.

Pizzas are one of the most unhealthy fast foods you can get outside of Scotland, after all.

Maybe get tested for um... tomato sauce allergy, or its components. Those pesky fruits are everywhere!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Homemade or ordered?

I prefer to make it. Punching, strangling, slapping, tearing, throwing, smashing, clawing, ripping and squashing the dough is very, very therapeutic.

37 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'm finding pizza to cause problems for me as well.  I think I've started having issues with tomato sauce. 

Which kind? I note that the "ready sauce" and the pure "tomato sauce" have differences.

If you dont have issues eating the vegetable itself, it might be a chemical they put in there.

Making tomato sauce can be a bit time consuming though.

Edited by Kaotyke

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Homemade or ordered?

Ordered.

I usually only eat junk food once every 1-3 months, so some of the ingredients would be lying around for a looong time, if I was making pizza from the ground up.

Tomorrow it's chicken and onion, curry and chili wraps. I'm down to the last dregs of my current batch of ghost pepper based colon cleanser. It's been..... maturing for a couple of months now, so I've got to be reeeeally careful about the dosage. 🥵

58 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Homemade or ordered?

I prefer to make it. Punching, strangling, slapping, tearing, throwing, smashing, clawing, ripping and squashing the dough is very, very therapeutic.

Which kind? I note that the "ready sauce" and the pure "tomato sauce" have differences.

If you dont have issues eating the vegetable itself, it might be a chemical they put in there.

Making tomato sauce can be a bit time consuming though.

Er, the kind that's already on there?  I have no idea.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Er, the kind that's already on there?  I have no idea.

Well, I know 2 types of tomato sauce, the "spiced sauce" and the "pure sauce".

I dont know if its the same in your country, but spiced sauce is like... er... its already spiced for a specific thing, like there's a type made for Pizza, another for spaghetti... like these ones.

Its not exactly recommended to buy the pure thing that has no extra spices because its more acid, you have to put it boil and spice it yourself first before use.

Edited by Kaotyke

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I dont know if its the same in your country, but spiced sauce is like... er... its already spiced for a specific thing, like there's a type made for Pizza, another for spaghetti... like these ones.

Its not exactly recommended to buy the pure thing that has no extra spices because its more acid, you have to put it boil and spice it yourself first before use.

Oh, this is spiced.

24 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Two? We're really fancy over here.

• We have countless brands of the "ready-to-use" tomato sauce, pre-spiced (No. It won't turn your eyes blue). Fry your meats, onions and whatnot, add the sauce, and p(r)esto! You're an italian chef.
  • Then there's tomatos skinned and/or chopped in various degrees. My mom always used these for her pasta, lasagna etc.
  • Tomato paste is blended super fine and reduced (boiled down to reduce water content). Really rich taste and I usually use it to replace the tomato "sauce" when having white beans (The sugar content is like that of soda) or as sustitute for ketchup (Again, high sugar content). I also use it insteat of regular tomatos in cooking, as I hate the taste and texture of fresh tomatos. 
  • Sun-dried tomatos, kept in olive oil is used to give dishes an enhanced, more earthy tomato-ish flavour.

That being said, pizzarias and restaurants use vastly different sauces from what we buy ourselves. Whether bought in 1-5 liter cans or made in-house, they are made as cheaply as possible, often using artificial flavours and MSG to compensate. And that is probably why several of us here react badly to this kind of food.

But if you think our processed food is bad, check out what the chinese have to live with... and on. I like a lot of chinese food, but.....

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Try to make the spice yourself.

Or eat a tomato and see if it causes any problems.

Had tomato soup with my own spices for lunch, I think it's the tomato.  Stomach hates me and nothing helps. 

6 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Isn't it the same problem like in America,  but just no so obvious? I heard stories about a pink slime which is used as meat replacement in mcdonalds and other restaurants.

There are more egregious examples in the search set I linked to, but yes, America have rather lax laws concerning food quality. This is one of the down sides to a hands-off approach to market regulation.

We had at one time companies trying to get the use of meat glue approved here in Denmark. It was shot down by both the government and public opinion. We still get MSG and HFCS in processed foods, which is why I try to limit those in my diet.

It is depressing how much of our food is carcinogenic, diabetes inducing, autoimmune response triggering and artery clogging. Carefully consider what you shove in your face, and if it is worth the health risk.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Yrkul:

There are more egregious examples in the search set I linked to, but yes, America have rather lax laws concerning food quality. This is one of the down sides to a hands-off approach to market regulation.

We had at one time companies trying to get the use of meat glue approved here in Denmark. It was shot down by both the government and public opinion. We still get MSG and HFCS in processed foods, which is why I try to limit those in my diet.

It is depressing how much of our food is carcinogenic, diabetes inducing, autoimmune response triggering and artery clogging. Carefully consider what you shove in your face, and if it is worth the health risk.

It's depressing, but I can kinda understand the companies which do it. Many additives are "just" for increasing the durability of a product. Sadly are the most conservative additives either (partly) toxic or they change the taste of the product (which has to be countered with other additives). Without these additives will the most food product just get destroyed in a few days. And other conservation mechanic (like freezing) cost a big amount of money and is in many times even worse for the nature. It's actually a vicious circle. And for the most companies is money the most valuable object.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Yrkul:

TTip. If this one gets finished does it mean that as an axample America approved food can come to Germany (or other European countries) without further controls. With other words welcome pink slime, or DNA changed meat. The public is against it, but especially in my country is the government trying everything to get it done...

Well, that's what happen when you let one party (CDU) "rule" this country for ~30years and has an average age of 60. It's even "better", if around 30% of all citizens is older than 60, against new standards like internet (it's privatized), or CO2-reduction. If I remember it right is there also the thing that a marriage between "normal" people is called "marriage", but marriage between people with the same sex has to be called "same-sex lifepartnership". Anyone who can "beat " my country?

About the marriage part am I quite unsure,  please give me a day or two to check it.