Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

30 capacity builds

Kivitor00

Question

I'm currently running the hek primary, kunais as secondary and volt as my warframe, and they all have the standard 30 capacity. What mods are a must have for them considering I can't actually use any builds since every build needs an Orokin reactor or catalyst. I don't know if this extra info will help but I'm MR4 and in phobos right now (I also don't have any ultra rare mods out there so keep that in mind).

3 minutes ago, Kivitor00 said:

I'm currently running the hek primary, kunais as secondary and volt as my warframe, and they all have the standard 30 capacity. What mods are a must have for them considering I can't actually use any builds since every build needs an Orokin reactor or catalyst. I don't know if this extra info will help but I'm MR4 and in phobos right now (I also don't have any ultra rare mods out there so keep that in mind).

have you tried equipping a cayalyst or reactor to the wepon once it's been maxed out? that doubles the mod capacity to said item and can help you with modding your stuff. you can either buy them with the nightwave creds you earn or find them on rare ocassions. 

3 minutes ago, Agentarizoa339 said:

have you tried equipping a cayalyst or reactor to the wepon once it's been maxed out? that doubles the mod capacity to said item and can help you with modding your stuff. you can either buy them with the nightwave creds you earn or find them on rare ocassions. 

That's the whole point of this question, I don't have any of the Orokin reactors or catalysts

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Kivitor00:

Regular Hek is easily worth a catalyst when you get one. Other than that i would just use the respective base damage mod (point blank, serration, hornet strike) at rank 5 or 6 and then use low rank elementals.

You are likely in for having to do some trading regardless.

The best you can do with only 30 capacity is something along the lines of Point Blank, Scattered Justice, Toxic Barrage, and Chilling Reload for the Hek.

Kunai are a joke to be disposed via ingredient once 30'd (sad but its the truth).

As for your Warframe I'd highly recommend farming out some of the lower tier Plains of Eidolon bounties to pick up the Augur mods from the bounty and the bosses. Steel Charge, Vitality, Intensify, Augur Accord/Message/Reach/Secrets all can be equipped at once without a reactor installed.

1 minute ago, CRCGamer said:

You are likely in for having to do some trading regardless.

The best you can do with only 30 capacity is something along the lines of Point Blank, Scattered Justice, Toxic Barrage, and Chilling Reload for the Hek.

Kunai are a joke to be disposed via ingredient once 30'd (sad but its the truth).

As for your Warframe I'd highly recommend farming out some of the lower tier Plains of Eidolon bounties to pick up the Augur mods from the bounty and the bosses. Steel Charge, Vitality, Intensify, Augur Accord/Message/Reach/Secrets all can be equipped at once without a reactor installed.

I don't plan on using the kunai long term, it was just something to get mastery points

Some pro tips for you. Never invest a spud or forma in any warframe or weapon that has a primed or  upgrade varient, such as the wraith, prisma or vandal series. If a Warframe is relatively newly released, such as Hyldron, Baruuk, Garuda, Gara, Wisp etc, then you can consider investing in spuds and forma. It will be a couple years or more before their prime is released. Any old frame that has a prime version, get the prime as quick as you can, keep it, and get rid of the regular version. It will free up a Warframe slot for you. Do the same with the fodder weapons. Keep the primes and side grades.

Keep all of the primed parts you have farmed until you at least have a set of them. Build the set and use it. If you are hard up for slot spaces, they can stay in your foundry until you find some space. You can sell the extra primed parts and spare mods for Ducats or plat, for the former. and credits and endo for the latter, respectively.

So you are need an one reactor and catalyst atleast 🙂 Seriously. If you have 50 start plat - just spend it for. Farm some low lvl fortuna/сetus bounties - there are a lot of stuff what you are can sell for 10-30pl also as new relics from open vault. And your start will be much more easy and fast. 

3 hours ago, Agentarizoa339 said:

no not leeching. you could bring a support frame. or good defense frame like frost or gara. 

Not much support without a Potato... especially if the Blue Hyena shows up and just takes away all your Energy....

12 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Not much support without a Potato... especially if the Blue Hyena shows up and just takes away all your Energy....

I've played frost without a potato before on high level defense and mobile defense missions. Equip them with ahealth boost aura mod, vitality, flow, streamline and vigor. If you have room for an ability strength mod then that will work 

3 hours ago, Agentarizoa339 said:

I've played frost without a potato before on high level defense and mobile defense missions. Equip them with ahealth boost aura mod, vitality, flow, streamline and vigor. If you have room for an ability strength mod then that will work 

So have I.... but this event is different....only two of the missions are defense and then theres the Aforementioned Magnetic Procs...

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

So have I.... but this event is different....only two of the missions are defense and then theres the Aforementioned Magnetic Procs...

In public games you get new unprepared players all the time so most who play pubs are no stranger to this. And anyone who enters a pub is basically agreeing to "anything goes". 

That said in a group of 4 there's less individual requirement to be able to deal lots of damage so mostly it works out ok. 

Melee weapons in particular are less potato dependent because you get mod points from your stance mods and melee is generally very strong anyway, so you can still do a respectable amount of damage with a minimally modded melee and a semi tanky frame.

On 2019-07-21 at 7:52 AM, Kivitor00 said:

Without a reactor or catalyst I'd recommend the following rule of thumb builds for your stuff. I'm assuming you won't have much forma either:

Volt: not mainly a volt player here but I'd slot vitality and redirection, as high as you can level them. That's mainly to stay alive. Aura perhaps shotgun amp or steel charge which matches your polarity, or regeneration which doesn't... if you have it. You can put in a qol exilus mod such as thief's wit to help collect more resource drops or enemy sense. Optional would be intensify, continuity or streamline to improve your shield, it helps your survivability plus a little dps. 

Hek: scattered justice, point blank plus all the elemental damage mods you can fit in. Use chilling reload if you can, it's an excellent shotgun mod. You may not have room for hell's chamber so that's optional.

Kunai: concealed explosives plus the syndicate mod (can't remember its name), hornet strike, any elemental mods you can fit.

That's what i can think of off the top of my head for now. This build won't get you very far but it should keep you alive for now until you can farm better stuff.

1 hour ago, Oldskinzz said:

In public games you get new unprepared players all the time so most who play pubs are no stranger to this. And anyone who enters a pub is basically agreeing to "anything goes". 

True.... But thats not going to stop people from Being Jerks....

1 hour ago, Oldskinzz said:

Melee weapons in particular are less potato dependent because you get mod points from your stance mods and melee is generally very strong anyway, so you can still do a respectable amount of damage with a minimally modded melee and a semi tanky frame.

This is only true if you have some especially rare Melee Mods....

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

True.... But thats not going to stop people from Being Jerks....

This is only true if you have some especially rare Melee Mods....

You don't need anything rare at all. Pressure point, fury and 2x 90% elementals are basically what you can put on a melee weapon with a matching stance and no polarities. Maybe getting the right stance could be challenging in some cases but mostly doable.

7 hours ago, Oldskinzz said:

You don't need anything rare at all. Pressure point, fury and 2x 90% elementals are basically what you can put on a melee weapon with a matching stance and no polarities. Maybe getting the right stance could be challenging in some cases but mostly doable.

Yeah no thats not a good build for any Old Melee Weapon new players would have access too.... that include  Broken War....

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah no thats not a good build for any Old Melee Weapon new players would have access too.... that include  Broken War....

Ok. Please clarify what you mean.

What is a better build for a new player just trying to get to...say Mars or Ceres?