Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Wisps need to be looked at.

corva_bray

I never really concerned myself with cetus wisps until now. They were always too infuriating to focus on, but now I am at an impasse. To continue in my game, I need 45 wisps, and after two hours of play, twenty some odd runs, and a good bit of modding my frames to match the farming loadouts, I got ten. I will admit, i do not have the speed runner build. High speed volt with odonata prime. I do not have charms or resource boosters, but I do have a maxed out loot radar. The number I want to point out is the twenty runs, as that is my concern. I found three spawns one run, 2 another run. After that. The other 8 runs I managed to pick up the last five. My question is where are they spawning if they don't appear alongside the lakes. Yes I am using the map, yes I am using the same farming route the rest of the community runs. This is an issue, it has grown to the point where I am getting more pissed than simply annoyed. Increase their spawn rates, make them tradeable, or bring their purchase in the Quill faction down a tier or two because if my track record stays consistent, I will need another ten plus runs to find the rest. This is not a matter of speed, or not finding them. The problem here is that they just are not there.

10 minutes ago, corva_bray said:

Again, the issue is that they are straight up not spawning.

To be fair, his advice is still sound. They aren't guaranteed spawns, so when they do spawn, you want to cash in. You used to need a lot more Wisps than you do now, so DE probably feels like they already "addressed" the Wisp issue, but it's still an annoyingly stupid resource to farm. 

I'm not sure what the "speed runner" build you're looking at is, so I'm not sure what things you don't have. If you clarify, we might be able to offer some more gear-based changes to your setup. 

I don't have all the mods to make the max speed volt, and I don't have a nova for her teleport build. I also do not have an itzal. It's not a speed issue at all. I know I don't have an optimized set up, which is why I am giving my number by runs instead of time. What I have maxed out is loot radar, and when I come back with only 1 to 2 spawned wisps every couple of runs, even with boosters, charm, ect, I still am far from the numbers others claim you can get. I am trying to process how some people can pull out 10 plus in a single trip when according to the numbers I got, that is mathematically impossible.

Use nova teleport, its so much faster to skip instead of running and equip a sniper to scope in where they usually spawn so that you can either teleport to it or just teleport past it.  2 hours for only 10 even without a booster means youre not doing it efficiently.

Oof i just read your last post, no nova.  My bad

Edited by --RV--Dopekoke

For wisp farm i run Nezha w/ loot radar mods and sprint mods, at day i can get about 3-4 wisps, at night i get like 5-6 wisps, each run take about 4-5 mins, I think it's a pretty nice farm rate, considering Cetus Wisps are 'Rare'(I don't get mad if i get less, it's just luck or rng). Pray to RNGesus.

Firstly, Wisps spawn around almost every body of water possible. I haven't yet seen them around the Oceans or completely insignificant puddles, but I generally catch 3 every run. 

Secondly, if you claim it took you 8 runs to get 5 more wisps, it sounds like you're taking shortcuts and getting frustrated rather than actually farming the wisps. I can point one or two runs every night were I can legitimately find nothing at all, but for me to go around 10 times and barely break even is exceedingly rare, and that's not factoring in Smeeta or resource boosters. 

Lastly, they can be purchased from Quill Onkko for.. Essentially nothing. I have had a backlog of sentient cores for almost a year now, getting to max rank with Onkko is more about waiting rather than anything else. It's not like I've done hundreds and hundreds of Eidolon runs, maybe a few dozen, 60 at most. They don't need to be taken down any tiers at all, because then it would trivialize farming them entirely. They're truly not hard to obtain at all, not even tedious. You're just not running correctly. 

It sounds to me like you're just doing it wrong.

And probably farming them at day since you get so bad results. You need to farm them at night.

About the equipment, Volt+Odonata isn't too bad I guess, but Itzal is so useful and not hard to obtain, if you were so frustrated to come and complain to the forums you might have as well built Itzal...

Edited by D_Caedus

9 hours ago, corva_bray said:

I don't have all the mods to make the max speed volt, and I don't have a nova for her teleport build. I also do not have an itzal.

Honestly speaking my preffered Frame for farming Wisps was Zephyr

Build for maximum loot detection, either range or distance (I forget which) and efficiency. Pretty much fly around the map like superman, fast enough to clear the routes but you don't have to deal with paying attention to what's on the ground. Allowing you to focus on the minimap which makes identifying possible wisps far easier IMO.

There already tons of good advice on this, but I personally think the best build for it is a Khora with 2x Animal Instinct, paired up with other loot mods. Itzal is farily advised but it's still doable with other Archwings. You'll just not have the convenience of the vacuum.

Then go trough most advised runs found on the internet (Right from the gate, then lake, then go up the stream, check the ponds in that area all the way to the north edge, then go to the left part of the map and slowly make your way back to the gate). Zenurik is also always good if pizzas are in shortage.

You can farm all the wisps you will need for every single item in the game in less than the 50 minutes of a night cycle.

You could be halfway done in the time it took you to write this post.

Imagine farming over a thousand before they removed the arcane crafting costs...

I took maybe half an hour to farm up 20 or so (10 before resource boost effect) by just repeating a single run around the borders of Gara-Toht lake (the one a few hundred meters northeast of Cetus). Just run over there, do a single lap in AW (loot radar helps, as you can watch for the loot icon and then just glance down to see whether it's an Iradite formation or something or a Wisp), go back to the Cetus gate, repeat. Took all of maybe 3-4 minutes per run, averaging one per run, sometimes 2, sometimes none.

wisp-map-768x432.png

Run this route, exit PoE, return PoE, and repeat.

You can get 2~5 wisp per run.

Like others said, Boosters and/or Smeeta Kavat can help.

Also more bothersome route but some of bounties do give out one or two Wisps.